January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

26 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I cannot think of seeing a better Hearts goal direct from free kick.

Turned to my brother as he was shaping up , saying "no chance from there".

A ****ing cracker.

I doubt he has scored better and then  doesn't celebrate.

Glynn Snodin against Slavia Prague  

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

18 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Unionists are nationalists, they’re just British nationalists. But that’s by the by... I simply made a wee (albeit admittedly crude) joke aimed at an element of the support that is a little too enamoured for Lafferty for non-footballing reasons (not saying this is you). As for the 2 cheeks of the same arse, I would say I find myself somewhere in the middle but on second thought, that would make me an...

:oohmatron:

And if anyone had made a similar crack, but the other way, all hell would be let loose.

38 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Scoring a stunning free kick and he couldn’t bring himself to celebrate so not to offend them. Great goal, but it really annoyed me. Clearly still does 😆

We don’t need Lafferty to get out of the Championship. 

As said above, shouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath as Robbo, I can think of a handful (which is measly) of strikers since Robbo that I would have ahead of Lafferty.

Weakened Offender
19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

only it’s not. Technically Janny was better but more effective no. ..neither he or bednar got the goals and both played in a FAR stronger team . Cheers 

best since Robbo is a stone cold fact. 

absolutely loved a goal in big games as well did laff..

an absolute hero

He was an absolute hero to a number of chronic sad acts. To most other Hearts fans he was a good signing and a decent striker, who loved playing against Celtic. 

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Scoring a stunning free kick and he couldn’t bring himself to celebrate so not to offend them. Great goal, but it really annoyed me. Clearly still does 😆

Annoys me too. **** him. 

5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

And if anyone had made a similar crack, but the other way, all hell would be let loose.

The other way? As in people only enamoured with Lafferty for footballing reasons or people just not that enamoured with him? 🤔

22 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

only it’s not. Technically Janny was better but more effective no. ..neither he or bednar got the goals and both played in a FAR stronger team . Cheers 

an absolute hero

Isma was slightly more prolific in the same team. 13 goals in 35 league appearances compared to 13 in 37 for Lafferty.

Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean he was better. Which is also why Lafferty is not our best striker since Robbo.

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

He was an absolute hero to a number of chronic sad acts. To most other Hearts fans he was a good signing and a decent striker, who loved playing against Celtic. 

Great signing, most prolific since Robbo (fact), some unbelievable goals, loved a goal against hibs and the the hooped demons winning us several points and playing his part in some historic results.  If he doesn’t qualify as a hearts hero then who does 🤷‍♂️ 

Let’s cut to the chase  - the majority people who DONT think he’s a hero are chronic sad acts who let THEIR politics and intolerance influence their view of Kyle. They can’t see it but they are are themselves in fact the bigots they moan so loudly about.

watch these highlights. I’d love anyone on here to point out a player (with maybe the exception) of Rudi with a better collection of absolute peaches for hearts. All of this in 1 season 1.  

55 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I cannot think of seeing a better Hearts goal direct from free kick.

Turned to my brother as he was shaping up , saying "no chance from there".

A ****ing cracker.

I doubt he has scored better and then  doesn't celebrate.

Eammon Bannon against Morton at Tynecastle in a 3-0 victory.

Paul Hartley against Hibernian in that semi final.

Paul Hartley against Celtic at the School end.

Edited by John Findlay

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Isma was slightly more prolific in the same team. 13 goals in 35 league appearances compared to 13 in 37 for Lafferty.

Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean he was better. Which is also why Lafferty is not our best striker since Robbo.

big laff scored 21 goals for hearts in all

comps 👍🏻 And don’t make me laugh - ISMA, though not as bad as he was made out to be is not on the same ****ing planet as lafferty 😂 

25 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The other way? As in people only enamoured with Lafferty for footballing reasons or people just not that enamoured with him? 🤔

Aye, what else could it possibly be?

Lafferty or Wighton hmm 🤔 Lafferty or Wighton being backup to Boyce 🤔

No offence to Wighton, but I know who I would rather have 👍

Edited by Bongo 1874

kingantti1874
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Lafferty or Wighton hmm 🤔 lafferty or Wighton being backup to Boyce 🤔

No offence to Wighton, but I know who I would rather have 👍

👏 it shouldn’t even be a discussion. Folk are falling over themselves to downplay how good laff was.

Someone scored a better free kick in 1972 though 😂 need to ****ing behave themselves 

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

comps 👍🏻 And don’t make me laugh - ISMA, though not as bad as he was made out to be is not on the same ****ing planet as lafferty 😂 

Well he has a point. In the same timeframe at the club Isma actually has a better goals per game ratio than Lafferty. And he actually assisted, which Lafferty failed to do. Isma like Lafferty should not be uttered in the same breath as Robbo, but to say Lafferty is miles ahead of Isma isn’t really backed up by the facts (stats).

There's a case for Lafferty being the best signing we've made in the Budge era. 

With that being said, I'm not sure he's the right profile for what we need now?

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I chose league goals because it makes the stats comparable. All competitions goals aren't comparable because they're skewed by goals against Elgin, East Fife and Peterhead.

I agree that Isma isn't a better player than Lafferty, despite being more prolific. By the same token, we've had other strikers who were better than Lafferty, if not as prolific.

Laff was a decent player, big game sort of guy and good scoring rate, wouldn't expect him to put in much effort at the likes of Alloa away though. Probably better finding someone a bit more hungry to succeed

kingantti1874
29 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Annoys me too. **** him. 

Yet you’d be perfectly happy if Craig Gordon celebrated like **** for Celtic against hearts?

or What did you think when Rudi Skacel didn’t try a leg against hearts and refused to take a pen against us.. which from a neutral perspective was far worse wasn’t it. 

Just be honest. It’s got nowt to do with that

4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Aye, what else could it possibly be?

Listen, I know what you are inferring. But my original wee joke was also inferring, but inferring a particular type of person. You may think it was inferring unionists, but I’m telling you (as the person who made the joke) it was inferring people specifically who sing certain types of songs and love Lafferty more for his salutes than his goals. I would hope that anyone who isn’t like that would want those people ridiculed too, surely.

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

👏 it shouldn’t even be a discussion. Folk are falling over themselves to downplay how good laff was.

Someone scored a better free kick in 1972 though 😂 need to ****ing behave themselves 

Lafferty is not coming back so dry yet eyes oot.

17 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Great signing, most prolific since Robbo (fact), some unbelievable goals, loved a goal against hibs and the the hooped demons winning us several points and playing his part in some historic results.  If he doesn’t qualify as a hearts hero then who does 🤷‍♂️ 

Let’s cut to the chase  - the majority people who DONT think he’s a hero are chronic sad acts who let THEIR politics and intolerance influence their view of Kyle. They can’t see it but they are are themselves in fact the bigots they moan so loudly about.

watch these highlights. I’d love anyone on here to point out a player (with maybe the exception) of Rudi with a better collection of absolute peaches for hearts. All of this in 1 season 1.  

in response to the highlighted bit, perhaps those who do it for more than 1 season and who also don’t send boaby pics over their phone

🤷🏻‍♂️

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I chose league goals because it makes the stats comparable. All competitions goals aren't comparable because they're skewed by goals against Elgin, East Fife and Peterhead.

I agree that Isma isn't a better player than Lafferty, despite being more prolific. By the same token, we've had other strikers who were better than Lafferty, if not as prolific.

With the exception of janny - who was technically better?

20 goals in 40 appearances in all comps - 7 of those appearances from the bench.  Doesn’t matter who they were against.. 

Weakened Offender
19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I attended all but a few of the matches he played for Hearts and the reason he's not a hero to me is because in a lot of those matches he barely gave a toss. 

He scored some crackers and some against lower league sides. He loved playing against Celtic, hated playing Rangers and turned up once in 4 matches against Hibs. 

These are all facts. 😉

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Lafferty is not coming back so dry yet eyes oot.

I know, just laughing at bigots, who claim they aren’t  bigots - attempting to downplay hearts hero because of their pathetic politics. 

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

an absolute hero

Cole Stockton for me. Absolute baller 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

in response to the highlighted bit, perhaps those who do it for more than 1 season and who also don’t send boaby pics over their phone

🤷🏻‍♂️

😂

You know I'm going to be honest saying this, you know the one thing i think Stendel got wrong during his time at us? Was not signing a guy like lafferty who could get you a goal, out of nothing and as much as I'm negative towards Robbie, I don't believe he is naive to the fact he needs goals, in the team for us to go up and Kyles the man, to give us that option for Boyce if things aren't working. 

Weakened Offender
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I know, just laughing at bigots, who claim they aren’t  bigots - attempting to downplay hearts hero because of their pathetic politics. 

He's not a Hearts hero but the sad fact is had he played a second season for us instead of choosing to sign for his own heroes then he probably would have been. 😉

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lafferty turned up for the biggest of games,  just that extra gear. 

Without his goals might have found ourselves in deeper trouble earlier. 

Depends how much he was asking for,  likely too much,  but the best striker we have had for over 10 years 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You know I'm going to be honest saying this, you know the one thing i think Stendel got wrong during his time at us? Was not signing a guy like lafferty who could get you a goal, out of nothing and as much as I'm negative towards Robbie, I don't believe he is naive to the fact he needs goals, in the team for us to go up and Kyles the man, to give us that option for Boyce if things aren't working. 

I would have thought playing without full backs was more of an issue myself. 

Started to improve when he realised it was suicide 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

He's not a Hearts hero but the sad fact is had he played a second season for us instead of choosing to sign for his own heroes then he probably would have been. 😉

I wasn’t aware of the 1 season rule mate.. it certainly hasn’t been applied consistently.. that aside You cant blame a guy for wanting to play for his boyhood team on 3/4 times the money.  He didn’t down tools, he didn’t try and force the move as far as I’m aware and he made us over £700k

Edited by kingantti1874

Ainsley Harriott
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He is in for us, more likely 

So theres no actual transfer rumours to they've just invented one.

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I wasn’t aware of the 1 season rule mate.. it certainly hasn’t been applied consistently.. that aside You cant blame a guy for wanting to play for his boyhood team on 3/4 times the money.  He didn’t down tools, he didn’t try and force the move as far as I’m aware and he made us over £700k

Still not a hero though. 😊

1 hour ago, tokyowalnut said:

We don’t need Lafferty to get out of the Championship. 

As said above, shouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath as Robbo, I can think of a handful (which is measly) of strikers since Robbo that I would have ahead of Lafferty.

Can't think of anyone. 

18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I “downplay” Lafferty because he isn’t as good as some make him out to be. The fact he has a worse goals to game ratio than Isma and people never want Isma back is curious to me. (I don’t want either of them back, for the record) So I hope that I wouldn’t be classed a bigot in this scenario as my opinion of Lafferty is purely down to his footballing ability.

Yes I have separate views regarding certain fans who happen to be uber fanboys of Lafferty for non footballing reasons, but that’s not political as much as it is observational.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

14 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

This. 

He couldn't wait to get back to Ibrox. 

Lafferty was never going to stay for a second season. We couldn't afford to keep him for a second season he was only on a 2 year deal so that we could sell him on after a season to make money on it. 

1 hour ago, tokyowalnut said:

I’m retrospect though. If you played for Rangers and scored against your boyhood hero’s in Hearts. Would you celebrate?

I certainly couldn’t bring myself to, no matter how much they paid me :rofl:

Edited by D4nny_

6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I “downplay” Lafferty because he isn’t as good as some make him out to be. The fact he has a worse goals to game ratio than Isma and people never want Isma back is curious to me. (I don’t want either of them back, for the record) So I hope that I wouldn’t be classed a bigot in this scenario as my opinion of Lafferty is purely down to his footballing ability.

Yes I have separate views regarding certain fans who happen to be uber fanboys of Lafferty for non footballing reasons, but that’s not political as much as it is observational.

TBF Lafferty never called us racists, probably why people don't ever talk about Isma coming back.

29 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

🤷🏻‍♂️

At least lafferty didn't shit it against.the tic , and regularly scored goals against them and the

Hobos,  he was ok for us hun or not !take him back now , in front of a few we still have here!

35 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Listen, I know what you are inferring. But my original wee joke was also inferring, but inferring a particular type of person. You may think it was inferring unionists, but I’m telling you (as the person who made the joke) it was inferring people specifically who sing certain types of songs and love Lafferty more for his salutes than his goals. I would hope that anyone who isn’t like that would want those people ridiculed too, surely.

Aye, surely

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Glynn Snodin against Slavia Prague  

Was gonna say Fergie’s v Bayern but not direct. Still my favourite though

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )