January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

A_A wehatethehibs
9 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

What I would give for another Michal Pospisil right now.

Pinilla still playing... 36... could do a job? 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Some player that boy but made Diego Maradona look sensible 

Pasquale for King
Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Amazingly fit these days, totally different. Still scoring too. 

BB5BD6E4-A824-4CFD-B3D1-35752868DE7E.jpeg

B56EF8C5-639C-4D0F-AB24-EEE577A2FA61.jpeg

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Some player that boy but made Diego Maradona look sensible 

Changed character now, all his Instagram is family and fitness. What a talent. 

1 hour ago, Herbert said:

Elijah Adebayo - Got a text from a pal saying were looking at him, Anyone seen him play?

Hmmm. According to this video he has just signed a contract extension in the summer, so unless it was just a one year extension I would expect they would want a fee for him. They won’t loan out if he’s playing regularly and scoring better than 1 in 3.

1 hour ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Lafferty looking for a club...

Would take him, no problem at all.  Would be an incredible player in the Championship, and even at 34 next year would handle a step up to the Premiership.

It would have to be good wages, and we'd have to keep an eye on his "bants", but turning down a player like him if the options suited both teams would be incredibly stupid.

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ffs nothing to do with age, to do with style. 

Smith is one of our oldest and fittest players. 

We're talking about  guys that are ate 31, 34 sh, some ex internationals. not 40year old pub players. 

So Berra’s age has nothing to do with how poor he is against pacy forwards?

We need a blend of experience and young players.

The policy of recruiting “mature” players who can bring through the younger ones isn’t really bearing fruit. It’s leaving us top heavy with punts, risks and failures.

Im encouraged with GMS signing and if we get another striker in I’ll be happy enough but we’ve gotta get into a position where we’re only bringing in one or 2 quality players per window and promoting a couple of younger players and regularly playing them.

All IMO of course

Салатные палочки
1 minute ago, sinks said:

What about Nicky Clark at Dundee Utd? Available on pre contract I think

Dundee sniffing about him.  Would be hilarious trolling of United if that happened.  

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

The policy of recruiting “mature” players who can bring through the younger ones isn’t really bearing fruit. It’s leaving us top heavy with punts, risks and failures.

Im encouraged with GMS signing and if we get another striker in I’ll be happy enough but we’ve gotta get into a position where we’re only bringing in one or 2 quality players per window and promoting a couple of younger players and regularly playing them.

All IMO of course

No agreed here.

Too much movement every window. Not unusual for any team these days of course, but we should be looking to stem that.

We recruit when we need to replace a sale, or if someone is definitely better than we have.

Youngsters in and around squad with the chance to negate even that recruitment if they prove reliable.

We need to hope Robbie does well. Ripping up the squad with every management change, while again not unusual, really hasn't helped us. This all started when Cathro recruited, breaking up a steadyish team (tho there were plenty changes after promotion)

jamboinglasgow
18 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Hmmm. According to this video he has just signed a contract extension in the summer, so unless it was just a one year extension I would expect they would want a fee for him. They won’t loan out if he’s playing regularly and scoring better than 1 in 3.

His contract is up in the summer.

portobellojambo1

I'm only guessing here, but I think Joe Savage may play a big part in bringing in a striker. I think we may be counting on his knowledge of players, or a player, in England whom he thinks might benefit us in the striker position.

Edited by portobellojambo1

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Sheffield Wednesday have denied that rumour about QPR. 

Also Jordan Rhodes is a bit of a myth and has been pretty useless the last few seasons. He’s only managed 3 starts this season and has only scored about 20 odd goals in the last six seasons. He was great at Huddersfield and Blackburn but hasn’t been a regular big scorer since then. 

They've been looking to shift him for ages but can't because he's on a huge wage. I think Norwich tried to sign him permanently after having him on loan during their promotion season but were put off by Sheffield Wednesday's demands.

We won't be able to cover a sufficient percentage of his wages for a loan and if they decide to release him then I expect he'll have options closer to home who are willing to pay more. I'd be amazed if this happened.

10 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

His contract is up in the summer.

Must have been a one year extension clause in the contract then. I would imagine if there’s any truth to it then it would be a pre-contract.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Rhodes peaked about 10 Yr ago. 

Cummings is a prick

Lafferty is over the hill. 

Brief concise and accurate  :thumbsup:

Just now, portobellojambo1 said:

I'm only guessing here, but I think Joe Savage may play a big part in bringing in a striker. I think we may be counting on his knowledge of players, or a player, in England whom he thinks might benefit us in the striker position.

I remember a few years ago thinking that David Nugent would've been a good signing. Unfortunately he's getting on a bit now and moved around some clubs in recent times but i reckon we wouldn't be interested in him at this stage of his career anyway.

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Imagine coming home after hard days training to spend the evening banging her. What a guy

I’m just surprised they’ve only got three kids 😆

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

certainly did enough trying before buying 😆 lucky *******

Yeah I think he was popular with the local girls up George Street 😆

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Would take him, no problem at all.  Would be an incredible player in the Championship, and even at 34 next year would handle a step up to the Premiership.

It would have to be good wages, and we'd have to keep an eye on his "bants", but turning down a player like him if the options suited both teams would be incredibly stupid.

I think it's unlikely but i wouldn't mind him back. Here seemed to be the only place he settled.

44 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

They've been looking to shift him for ages but can't because he's on a huge wage. I think Norwich tried to sign him permanently after having him on loan during their promotion season but were put off by Sheffield Wednesday's demands.

We won't be able to cover a sufficient percentage of his wages for a loan and if they decide to release him then I expect he'll have options closer to home who are willing to pay more. I'd be amazed if this happened.

Hopefully. One of those players who had a number of decent goal scoring seasons up to about five years ago and has done little since.

According to the stats I saw he has scored 23 goals in the last five years.

He would be a big risk and an expensive one at that.

Edited by wavydavy

15 minutes ago, maroon said:

Is there any chat about singing a new centre half ? Not kept up with the thread 

Could do with a summary. Striker, Defender, any one else?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

All IMO of course

Talent, quality, attitude, fitness is important, age is irrelevant.

I want a good team, young, old I don't care. 

The reality is, if young players are good enough they'll make a claim for first team football. 

I don't want young players thrown in just  because they are young, that is pointless. 

I mean to a certain point, not like 40 year olds.

2 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Looking towards next season and this would be the kind of team i would be looking for 

Gordon

Smith     Souttar    new.      Kingsley 

Haring. Irvine

New.                               Mckay Smith

Naismith

Boyce

New keeper

Halkett 

Brandon

Halliday

Ginnelly

Walker

Wighton

New cf

New cb 

New am

Just as well you won’t be in charge.

16 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Looking towards next season and this would be the kind of team i would be looking for 

Gordon

Smith     Souttar    new.      Kingsley 

Haring. Irvine

New.                               Mckay Smith

Naismith

Boyce

New keeper

Halkett 

Brandon

Halliday

Ginnelly

Walker

Wighton

New cf

New cb 

New am

It would be a good idea to maybe get the names of the Hearts Players correct for starters.

I assume you are meaning Irving and Mackay-Steven. 😍

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Purely speculative re Hornby, if he hasn't settled,  hasn't played much,  clubs are not flush in France,  a termination is not out of the question. 

Wishful thinking,  but that's what these threads are for.

No sign of Billie yet, speaking of wishful thinking 

31 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Talent, quality, attitude, fitness is important, age is irrelevant.

I want a good team, young, old I don't care. 

The reality is, if young players are good enough they'll make a claim for first team football. 

I don't want young players thrown in just  because they are young, that is pointless. 

I mean to a certain point, not like 40 year olds.

Where are our youngsters though SRB?

Play em a couple of times, punt on loan, not seen again. Possibly due to the managerial mess but still you’d think more would be pushing for first team

Hopefully we pull a striker from nowhere and it's not the same players we get linked with every window - Cummings, Lafferty. Time to move on from these guys. Someone who can score goals would be a decent start! 

Savage will have spent the last however many months scouring the lower leagues in England looking for players for Preston. Bound to have a few in mind

16 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Hopefully we pull a striker from nowhere and it's not the same players we get linked with every window - Cummings, Lafferty. Time to move on from these guys. Someone who can score goals would be a decent start! 

I can't wait for Cummings and Lafferty to retire so we don't have to discuss them every window. Although I thought Zeefuik had retired and he still comes up so I might have to wait till they're both dead. 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Where are our youngsters though SRB?

Play em a couple of times, punt on loan, not seen again. Possibly due to the managerial mess but still you’d think more would be pushing for first team

If they are good enough, Hickey  and Irving for example they will get game time.

I would like more young players to break through and earn us money or play for us along time but that rarely happens now and I want Hearts to get the best possible team and for me age is not a criteria.

Hickey broke through, refused to sign an extension we got a bit cash for him.

Irving is the next one, he has shown a bit but he might not sign an extension.

Holt and Patterson before them done the same.

If these guys who get a sniff of first team football want to leave at a the first opportunity and won't sign extensions to maximise their value for us then imo the Academy needs to be questioned, should we be putting more resource into scouting free youngsters released form big clubs down south at the ages of say 18-21, rather than the time, money and effort in training the young boys and scouting the lower leagues for guys of that age?

Age does not determine if a player is good or not tho and that is the important part, in fact at our level as is proving with a few guys, they need to play at a lower level for a good few years then at their peak they are at spfl level.

None of the youngsters that have left recently or are not playing apart atm apart  from Hickey would improve the current side. In fact, some like the senior pros are responsible for where we are right now. They simply are/ were not good enough.

In al honesty, I want us to have the best possible team, I don't care about age or how we do that.

I was reading Robbie's blueprint on how he thinks Hearts should play. Can only be a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-4-2. I actually liked George Burley's style but I think Naismith stops us from playing it.

Gordon

Smith

Halkett

Berra

Kingsley

Ginnelly

Irving

Haring

Halliday

Big striker

Boyce

Halliday is probably the ideal player for the Camazzola role. You would need another centre back and to sort the midfield out though, depending on how Haring fares.

When he says he likes the idea of a big striker and a smaller one, I'm assuming he means Naismith or Boyce in the No.10 if it's a 4-2-3-1.

5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Nonsense. 

So when is Diego Costa, Robert Snodgrass, Jimmy Dunne and Jordan Rhodes signing to play for us in the Championship 😱🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😂😆?!?!

I think you just made that up or, at the very least, embroidered it.  Show us the link where someone said we were signing Snodgrass.

BTW it should be when ARE not when IS

26 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I was reading Robbie's blueprint on how he thinks Hearts should play. Can only be a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-4-2. I actually liked George Burley's style but I think Naismith stops us from playing it.

Gordon

Smith

Halkett

Berra

Kingsley

Ginnelly

Irving

Haring

Halliday

Big striker

Boyce

Halliday is probably the ideal player for the Camazzola role. You would need another centre back and to sort the midfield out though, depending on how Haring fares.

When he says he likes the idea of a big striker and a smaller one, I'm assuming he means Naismith or Boyce in the No.10 if it's a 4-2-3-1.

No GMS? 

1 minute ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Glad you picked up on the important aspects of my post.... 

You are welcome. I suppose you don't mind if people get your name wrong?

54 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

I can't wait for Cummings and Lafferty to retire so we don't have to discuss them every window. Although I thought Zeefuik had retired and he still comes up so I might have to wait till they're both dead. 

Won't stop them

Cummings is not a big striker that will hold ball up.  Neither can Rhodes or Maguire can do that job either. Can rule them out thankfully. Lafferty would be a high price mistake. Need a bigger robust player with a bit of energy.  

9 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Cummings is not a big striker that will hold ball up.  Neither can Rhodes or Maguire can do that job either. Can rule them out thankfully. Lafferty would be a high price mistake. Need a bigger robust player with a bit of energy.  

We should just sign Ross Stewart at County as a cheap but potentially handy player to have. He's a big unit and can hold the ball up as well as being a good target in the box. 

Then sign a proper top notch targetman in the summer and replace Wighton with a quick poacher so we have 4 good options. 

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )