January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

1 minute ago, zakred said:

Not sure about Willie Pettigrew,  once he lost his supplier pal who played with him at Motherwell (was it Graham?)  didn't do very well at Dundee United and us.

28 goals in 86 appearances for Hearts according to wikipedia. 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

53 minutes ago, Big Moysey said:

Since the 50's we have hadan inability to find prolific goalscorers. We seem to have loads that score a goal every 6/10 games but the goal every 3 games players seem elusive to us. Been watching Hearts since mid 60's and from my fading memory we've had Ford, Gibson, Busby, Robertson, Clark, Hamilton, Velicka, Skacel and Lafferty who are around that 3 mark. So our average is unearthing 1 every 7 years or so. 

That's the magnitude of the task Joe Savage has. Good luck. 

Yeah i agree we have however had a tendency to find midfielders who like a goal - thinking back a few stick out Colin Cameron Paul Hartley John Millar Rudi Skacel to name a few 👍

22 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Think the lad has both. Done very well with Scotland under 21s

All I can come up with here is Jordan Rhodes and Fraser Hornby. Rhodes is surely out of budget and I wouldn't say is much of a physical target man. Hornby most certainly is, but is already out on loan (unless something has happened there). Both of them have an excellent record with the U21s. 

Edit: Was racking my brains to think of a connection to Everton and was really struggling - totally forgot about Naismith lol. Very slim chance that there's something there in regards to Hornby.

Edited by Batistuta87

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

That's a CH* and a dynamic midfielder away from hugely exciting

I'm very happy with Souttar/Halkett but we need another for comp/cover and also unfortunately who knows re Soapy. Perhaps Haring or Smith but both are so good at CM and RB that I don't love that other than odd occasions

It really is. 

Next season will be exciting no mater what tho! 

If we are still looking for a target man Curtis Main’s contact expires in the summer.  Not played that much for the Dons this season and I know that McInnes has been told to off load before he can sign anyone.

2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

All I can come up with here is Jordan Rhodes and Fraser Hornby. Rhodes is surely out of budget and I wouldn't say is much of a physical target man. Hornby most certainly is, but is already out on loan (unless something has happened there). Both of them have an excellent record with the U21s. 

Hornby isn't on loan, he signed permanently for stade rems in the summer

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Hornby isn't on loan, he signed permanently for stade rems in the summer

Ah well haha. Thought he was on loan. 

That counts him out then!! :) 

2 hours ago, DC_92 said:

QPR were reportedly priced out of a move for Rhodes recently and I'm not sure he still has any family connections up here. I suspect people who think he's coming to the Scottish Championship are going to be disappointed.:lol:

Cummings is more realistic but doesn't fit the bill of a target man.

I can't think of any realistic Scottish strikers playing in England who do fit that bill so I suspect it'll be someone more obscure if that rumour is true.

This probably backs up what you say. I doubt we could offer him anything like the sort of money he is used to.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/jordan-rhodes-move-queens-park-rangers-could-give-sheffield-wednesday-much-needed-transfer-wriggle-room-3084436

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

This probably backs up what you say. I doubt we could offer him anything like the sort of money he is used to.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/jordan-rhodes-move-queens-park-rangers-could-give-sheffield-wednesday-much-needed-transfer-wriggle-room-3084436

Aye, he's bound to be on £10k+ p/w... 

13 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Edit: Was racking my brains to think of a connection to Everton and was really struggling - totally forgot about Naismith lol. Very slim chance that there's something there in regards to Hornby.

He's responding to a poster talking about Hornby, not hinting that we're signing a mystery player who did well for the U21s (as far as I'm aware).

I liked Willie Pettigrew. A natural goal scorer that was caught up in our Hearts club malaise at the time. Always like guys who are confident they WILL score even if they miss. Give me that attitude compared to Wighton who looks like he has shit the bed and does not deserve to be playing for us!

Don't know if my memory is playing tricks with me but did we Hearts fans not start singing " Pettigrew ...w@nk w@nk w@nk " whilst he played with us ?

5 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Elijah Adebayo - Got a text from a pal saying were looking at him, Anyone seen him play?

Interesting. Would certainly give us  a physical presence up front. Looks a big guy. Stats nothing great but maybe not an out and out goal scorer. 

5 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Elijah Adebayo - Got a text from a pal saying were looking at him, Anyone seen him play?

Size of him 😂

New signing: Elijah Adebayo - News - Cheltenham Town FC

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Size of him 😂

New signing: Elijah Adebayo - News - Cheltenham Town FC

Size of his name :o 

Elijah Anuoluwapo Oluwaferanmi Oluwatomi Oluwalana Ayomikulehin Adebay

**** getting that on the back a shirt :D puts Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink to shame!

Scoring goals for Walsall and seems to be doing pretty well. Wonder if this is Savage already? Good age too, so plenty opportunity to make some money on the lad if he signs and does well!

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

it can come with a whole load of stipulations but it's still impossible to enforce. Say the stipulation is that the 500k cannot go to wages or transfer fee's, there is nothing to stop us paying the 500k to Heriot Watt for Riccarton, then each month instead of diverting revenue to the Riccarton budget we can simply direct it too the player/wage budget. That cannot be prevented as any accountability for the 500k shows that we used it to pay rent at Riccarton. We are still 500k better off than we would have otherwise been and therefor can decide to increase our playing budget accordingly, if we couldn't do that then we'd not be in a transfer window.

Generally, it’s a fair point, for example, the added cost of COViD testing will have been budgeted for but the grant will now release money to be spent as Hearts want 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Nonsense. 

So when is Diego Costa, Robert Snodgrass, Jimmy Dunne and Jordan Rhodes signing to play for us in the Championship 😱🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😂😆?!?!

Thanks PFK....thats supplied my weekly jimmy dunne fix  :)

Sub4TiddlerMurray
55 minutes ago, Deevers said:

If we are still looking for a target man Curtis Main’s contact expires in the summer.  Not played that much for the Dons this season and I know that McInnes has been told to off load before he can sign anyone.

Curtis Main = Connor Sammon

...no thanks!

1 minute ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Curtis Main = Connor Sammon

...no thanks!

Main is pish, we were supposedly in for him when he went to Aberdeen. dodged a bullet there, the best thing he did against Rangers at the weekend was getting sent off! Aberdeen were a better team after that

1 minute ago, Gav M said:

Main is pish, we were supposedly in for him when he went to Aberdeen. dodged a bullet there, the best thing he did against Rangers at the weekend was getting sent off! Aberdeen were a better team after that

?

9 minutes ago, Gav M said:

Wouldn't want Main personally. Think I would prefer Stevie May who at least has a decent goal scoring record and has a bit of ability in his locker; just hasn't shown much of it recently. With the right service he could maybe do a job.

He's never first team quality for us though - would only ever be a squad player.

Edited by Batistuta87

Berra than you
35 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Fairly random name/player to pop up. Usually means there is some truth as I dunno how somebody plucks that one from nowhere. Looks an interesting prospect who has around 1 in 3 this season.

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Thanks PFK....thats supplied my weekly jimmy dunne fix  :)

Quite possibly the only loan signing that actually worked, maybe we should be looking at clubs like Burnley for players not Liverpool/Man Utd/City?

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Depends on the height of fat bald bloke!

Gary Johnson, 5’6”. Rememberer his son Lee played for us, same height, now at the managers graveyard in Sunderland.  

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Quite possibly the only loan signing that actually worked, maybe we should be looking at clubs like Burnley for players not Liverpool/Man Utd/City?

We are 50/50 with that type when you take Paul McCallum into consideration...

Add in the Choulay and we haven't done very well...

I can't think of any more.

4 minutes ago, Dayman said:

shoughnessy (sp)

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Said this before. Would love for us to be loaning young lads off Watford, Southampton, Burnely, WBA, teams like that, whose players will appreciate some game time and who have played "real" football through having spent time playing or being loaned out to the lower leagues down south, not the likes of Man Utd where guys like Demitri Mitchell and Joel Perreira have spent their entire adult lives being mothered and waited on hand and foot by club staff, playing on perfectly manicured pitches in soft-touch, fair-weather matches, so they're big blouses. Guys who play for smaller teams are more likely to have been toughened up a bit having played against adults, on lumpy pitches, in the drizzle, in the cold.....  

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Said this before. Would love for us to be loaning young lads off Watford, Southampton, Burnely, WBA, teams like that, whose players will appreciate some game time and who have played "real" football through having spent time playing or being loaned out to the lower leagues down south, not the likes of Man Utd where guys like Demitri Mitchell and Joel Perreira have spent their entire adult lives being mothered and waited on hand and foot by club staff, playing on perfectly manicured pitches in soft-touch, fair-weather matches, so they're big blouses. Guys who play for smaller teams are more likely to have been toughened up a bit having played against adults, on lumpy pitches, in the drizzle, in the cold.....  

Spot on. 

Main:  No.

Stevie May:  No.

Lafferty:  Maybe, on a sensible wage.  Half for the pure bants, half because he loved his time with us and he won't get another too good to turn down offer from his boyhood team this time around.  Question marks around how he'd fit in to this squad though. Is he too big a liability off the park?

Can't we just find another Roman Bednar or Stephane Adam?

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Dayman said:

As it’s been said up there 👆 it’s the kind of loan that are maybe more suited to us. It’s still a better success rate than we have from top clubs which currently sits at zero. 

Naismith was a loan but that’s different, not sure if Ginnelly can be added in but I would rather we went for those types of players. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Jambo83 said:

Lafferty:  Maybe, on a sensible wage.  Half for the pure bants, half because he loved his time with us and he won't get another too good to turn down offer from his boyhood team this time around.  Question marks around how he'd fit in to this squad though. Is he too big a liability off the park?

They were expensive though, I said for years we should get more Czechs and we end up with Zlamal and Vanacek 🙈.

Brexit restrictions mean guys like those two you mentioned are unlikely to get work permits. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They were expensive though, I said for years we should get more Czechs and we end up with Zlamal and Vanacek 🙈.

Brexit restrictions mean guys like those two you mentioned are unlikely to get work permits. 

Effin Brexit.  That's the first time it's properly annoyed me..

Edited by Jambo83

14 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Totally agree. Could also be argued that for a lot of lads at so called 'lesser' clubs, many have been through the pain already of being released from top clubs (like Dunne) and are mentally tougher for it. I'd be very happy if we struck up a strong relationship with a Burnley type club. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

As it’s been said up there 👆 it’s the kind of loan that are maybe more suited to us. It’s still a better success rate than we have from top clubs which currently sits at zero. 

Naismith was a loan but that’s different, not sure if Ginnelly can be added in but I would rather we went for those types of players. 

Yeah i'd agree. The likes of Liverpool loan us their youth team graduates who have no chance of making the first team. Those better ones go to english championship or other premier league teams.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Jambo83 said:

Effin Brexit.  That's the first time it's properly annoyed me..

Unfortunately unlikely to be the last. 

4 hours ago, DC_92 said:

QPR were reportedly priced out of a move for Rhodes recently and I'm not sure he still has any family connections up here. I suspect people who think he's coming to the Scottish Championship are going to be disappointed.:lol:

Cummings is more realistic but doesn't fit the bill of a target man.

I can't think of any realistic Scottish strikers playing in England who do fit that bill so I suspect it'll be someone more obscure if that rumour is true.

Sheffield Wednesday have denied that rumour about QPR. 

Also Jordan Rhodes is a bit of a myth and has been pretty useless the last few seasons. He’s only managed 3 starts this season and has only scored about 20 odd goals in the last six seasons. He was great at Huddersfield and Blackburn but hasn’t been a regular big scorer since then. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Dayman said:

Yeah i'd agree. The likes of Liverpool loan us their youth team graduates who have no chance of making the first team. Those better ones go to english championship or other premier league teams.

Indeed, they loan players to the level they feel they’re suited to. Liverpool loaned us ok players, it’s the 4 we’ve had from Manchester that were almost to a man a waste of space. 

Ainsley Harriott
13 minutes ago, Jambo83 said:

What I would give for another Michal Pospisil right now.

5 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

What I would give for another Michal Pospisil right now.

An underrated player from the Romanov era.

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )