January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

Bit random...none of the ITKs even mentioned it...

I like Lee. Play better with him in team and rather have him than Walker and Halliday. Never deserved to be dropped for cup final. Shame he had to play RM so often this year - wish there was a better solution 

Lacks mobility but least contributes to goals. Hope he does well

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

A_A wehatethehibs

Well let’s kick off the speculation of various ex players who’ll now be mentioned for CM. I feel we’re lacking physicality and ball winner in there. Djoum back in? Contract expires end of the season. Not in the squad for his teams last fixture.

13 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Lee gone. That's out of the blue.

Didn't see that coming but with Halliday, Irving, Haring, Walker and McGill I would say we have enough cover. Halliday and Irving are my preferred two at the moment since Haring is still a yard or two off the pace. Walker has been more effective when he's playing through the middle so I'm counting him as a centre mid now as well. And young McGill can provide some cover or we can re-call Cochrane if we were really struggling. 

Not a massive Olly Lee fan but he has been involved a fair bit this season so to allow him to move on is a bit of a surprise unless we are confident in bringing in someone else who is more long-term. 

Gordon Ramsay

Don't mind Lee tbh. Quite surprised, not the greatest player in the world but he's done reasonably well this season. Having said that we do probably need better looking ahead to next season. 

Good move for all parties I think. Olly and family get to move back down south, Gillingham clearly rate him, it frees up wages and let’s be honest he was unlikely to be offered a new deal at Hearts.

Lee flattered to deceive I think. He showed glimpses of being a decent player and contributed a few great goals but those performances were far too irregular. He hasn’t been a disaster like Damour but he wasn’t someone you feel we had to keep either. 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Didn't see that coming but with Halliday, Irving, Haring, Walker and McGill I would say we have enough cover. Halliday and Irving are my preferred two at the moment since Haring is still a yard or two off the pace. Walker has been more effective when he's playing through the middle so I'm counting him as a centre mid now as well. And young McGill can provide some cover or we can re-call Cochrane if we were really struggling. 

Jamie Walker at Center mid 😂 come on now. Id play ****ing Berra at Center mid before I’d put Walker there.  But on your last point, if we’re not signing anyone then yes you’d think we’d surely have to cancel the extension to Cochranes loan because we’d be short a body 

Glamorgan Jambo

He's nowhere near good enough long term but one of the few midfielders we have who delivers a decent final ball/cross. Hope we have someone coming in.

2 minutes ago, Albert McFly said:

Attacking midfielder inbound

...Sauce  ???

Best of luck to Lee. Didn't mind him. Not outstanding by any means but certainly contributed with lots of assists.

Looks like it was for family reasons rather than football.

He is certainly replaceable.

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Jamie Walker at Center mid 😂 come on now. Id play ****ing Berra at Center mid before I’d put Walker there.  But on your last point, if we’re not signing anyone then yes you’d think we’d surely have to cancel the extension to Cochranes loan because we’d be short a body 

It would give Harry a chance to prove he's long term at Hearts, or otherwise.

6 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I wouldn't include walker

Could add another verse to his song?

So Robbie tried to fix Craigs mess

And for Olly Lee he sent

Turns out he's still kinda rubbish

So we said **** off down to Kent.....

Olly Olly Lee

Thanks for ER goal Olly

Now to start getting energetic midfielders in the 22-26 year old bracket plz

Our squad feels like it has alot of inexperienced youths, mixed with past it seniors. We need to fill that middle bracket going forward. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Absolutely gutted that Lee has gone. Ruined my Friday.

All the posters that slagged him off will be delighted when he's replaced by a good Scottish clogger and will be mystified when the goal supply drops down a gear and our forwards score fewer.

Adios Ollie and very best of luck. 

Frees up a wage. Wonder if that will kick start a striker coming in. We seem to be in negotiation with a least a couple just now.

2 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Absolutely gutted that Lee has gone. Ruined my Friday.

All the posters that slagged him off will be delighted when he's replaced by a good Scottish clogger and will be mystified when the goal supply drops down a gear and our forwards score fewer.

Adios Ollie and very best of luck. 

“Ruined your Friday” 😂😂😂

8 minutes ago, Rory Mcilroy said:

Thanks for ER goal Olly

Now to start getting energetic midfielders in the 22-26 year old bracket plz

Our squad feels like it has alot of inexperienced youths, mixed with past it seniors. We need to fill that middle bracket going forward. 

Absolutely! Exactly what we need. Need someone to balance out Irving skill but lack of pace. 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Back to the midfield discussion it is then 😆

There’s been folk saying we’d be challenging for 3rd in the Prem with Irving Lee Haring Halliday as the options :lol: 

Glad Neilson has seen the need for change in that position. We need 2 new faces in there to support Irving and Halliday. Wish we could find a Gomis type, relentless runner / worker with a better tempo, that’s what we need more than anything 

33 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Creating space for the return of Damour to the first team squad

He’s moved out his house think he’s already away somewhere but it’s just not been announced yet. May be on trial. 

Just now, spirt of 98 said:

He’s moved out his house think he’s already away somewhere but it’s just not been announced yet. May be on trial. 

Hope he’s found Guilty 😎

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

There’s been folk saying we’d be challenging for 3rd in the Prem with Irving Lee Haring Halliday as the options :lol: 

Glad Neilson has seen the need for change in that position. We need 2 new faces in there to support Irving and Halliday. Wish we could find a Gomis type, relentless runner / worker with a better tempo, that’s what we need more than anything 

Definitely, that should’ve been who we signed instead of Halliday as we had his type of player imo. 

2 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Hope he gets life 

Wish him all the best but didn't rate him at all so best for both parties.

Pleeeeeaaaaasssseeeeee sign a CM who doesn't play like they're running in treacle. 

I remember a player called Lee Makel, very much in the same mould as Olly Lee. No one batted an eyelid when he left, that's how far standards have dropped at Hearts.

3 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Santa? Bored aye? 

Very. Bit of a shock Lee leaving. Hopefully being replaced with someone who offers something a bit different. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Very. Bit of a shock Lee leaving. Hopefully being replaced with someone who offers something a bit different. 

He was not very consistent and we can do better. We must have someone lined up! 

27 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Lee's Instagram makes it seem like it was his decision for family reasons. As always nothing but kind words about the club and fans.

Wasn't , exactly , his biggest fan but he is a decent squad player . Good passer but , most of the time , took an age to play the pass . Player himself doesn't need to be pacy just be capable of playing telling passes quickly .

Irving has this as does Cochrane . Cochrane just needs to do it consistently

Think Lee has wanted to head south [home] for a while . Best of luck to the guy

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )