January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

Gorgie Boot boy
6 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Christ, Perreira was shit

You know what, i thought that was his best game for us. Flappy hands was to blame for not grabbing the ball for the handball carry on, not to blame for the hand of shite though on that one occasion though.

Was shite though, worst player ever to sign for us and play regular.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

20 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I see there’s talk of two signings on the radar (or wanted in) according to EEN. Anyone got any ideas or names? This place is unusually quiet for actual names being given during a transfer window.

This is an extract from an article on NewsNow.

“Teams will press the living daylights out of you and you need to be able to play through that, link up and secure possession further up the pitch. We are looking for somebody who can do that for us” Neilson explained.

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/news/hearts-boss-robbie-neilson-looking-to-sign-attacker-with-a-physical-presence/

1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

You know what, i thought that was his best game for us. Flappy hands was to blame for not grabbing the ball for the handball carry on, not to blame for the hand of shite though on that one occasion though.

Was shite though, worst player ever to sign for us and play regular.

It might have been his best game aye - and he still made 2-3 glaring mistakes. 

Honking player. Utterly horrendous. 

7 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Ok January is bad for getting decent players add to this the present situation with travel restrictions etc. However we have known for a long time we need new better players so why do we always wait until the window is closing to get them in?

Surely Robbie has had an eye on players and must know how many of those are within our budget, so why does it take our negotiating team so long to get the papers signed?

I imagine players like to wait and see what other offers might come in. 

Gorgie Boot boy
9 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

It might have been his best game aye - and he still made 2-3 glaring mistakes. 

Honking player. Utterly horrendous. 

I know

The Treasurer
21 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Ok January is bad for getting decent players add to this the present situation with travel restrictions etc. However we have known for a long time we need new better players so why do we always wait until the window is closing to get them in?

Surely Robbie has had an eye on players and must know how many of those are within our budget, so why does it take our negotiating team so long to get the papers signed?

Your first sentence answers the rest of your post

46 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Christ, Perreira was shit

Levein had us performing as a bottom 6 side, which for our budget was embarrassing, but its that ****ing imposter I blame for us being in the division we are in. Shouldn't be playing professional football at any level. He's the worst keeper I've ever seen and I include Halliwell, Hamilton, Kurkis etc. 

SomethingAboutObua

Are we one of the clubs interested in Robert? The favt he went to Airdrie because he didnt want to sit on Montpelliers bench surely gives us a huge negotiation advantage over the Old Firm? Or are we going to sign another ex scottish prem midtable bench warmer 

22 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Is Cammy Logan any good or another Brandon type? 

If we were picking teams you can have Brandon, I will take Logan 😉 

Only similar in position.   

2 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Uche had issues with his back for long periods, forgive him for being a lump of dug shite on the grass at times. For the Uche Step over and scored a cracker from laying on the ground v the vermin amongst other moments of joy.

Making his come back for Wycombe , excited to be back fit and able to play.

Step over is around 3:29

Would like to say that I'd forgotten how bad that keeper was but that clip sums him up totally. Imposter doesn't begin to cover it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
26 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

How much is he in Bit Coin?

Good question. Anyone know that shit?

Gorgie Boot boy
27 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Would like to say that I'd forgotten how bad that keeper was but that clip sums him up totally. Imposter doesn't begin to cover it.

Was more to do with Uche, the step over thingy, If flappy is in any future videos i post, i will edit him out.

Merda Voadora

2 hours ago, David Black said:

He was sussed because he was only asked to play one way and that of a battering ram CF. It made life easy for opposition defenders. When Youtube videos of Uche were posted on here and when he first arrived, all his work was done out wide. That all changed due to the tactics we used and he suffered accordingly.

Hi Uche

24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Must have kissed and made up with Cove. Pity

Think it’s more to do with a belief that Hartley knows what’s required to play for Hearts so as a mentor/coach for promising youngsters he is the ideal person to be involved.  Also means his club get promising youngsters each season. 

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

“Teams will press the living daylights out of you and you need to be able to play through that, link up and secure possession further up the pitch. We are looking for somebody who can do that for us” Neilson explained.

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/news/hearts-boss-robbie-neilson-looking-to-sign-attacker-with-a-physical-presence/

And why can’t we press Robbie ? 

6 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Not just a target man but one that can take the ball in to feet.   First half of Dundee game the ball came bouncing back off Wighton every time a pass went near him.  That allowed them to keep the pressure on us with their high press tactic.  

Wighton is absolutely crap if we are relying on him well the game is up 

5 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I see Scott Crabbe from time to time also, he drives for Eastern Western Motor Group. Last we spoke he had a role with Hearts watching the youths in some capacity. I think it's more a 'something to pass the time when golf is not an option' kinda thing. As an on-looker, I would definitely say both still had something to offer the game (and probably do in all likelihood.)

No danger Scott crabbe will be able to retire be lucky if he made 500 a week as a player 

1 hour ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Are we one of the clubs interested in Robert? The favt he went to Airdrie because he didnt want to sit on Montpelliers bench surely gives us a huge negotiation advantage over the Old Firm? Or are we going to sign another ex scottish prem midtable bench warmer 

Oh FFS.... 🤒

Scottie Wanshot.
On 26/11/2020 at 13:08, davemclaren said:

Is Damour still injured?

he broke a nail taking money out a cashline machine, the money he's robbing off our club. so not playing next week.

kingantti1874
22 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

And why can’t we press Robbie ? 

because we have the vast majority of possession in this league. 😂 don’t use an absolutely valid quote to make a dumb, agenda laden point 

Edited by kingantti1874

9 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

forby a forward and a winger, we badly need a class centre half.

‘Forby’ - great word. 

10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

because we have the vast majority of possession in this league. 😂 don’t use an absolutely valid quote to make a dumb, agenda laden point 

Why don't we give up possession more and then we would be able to employ a high press to win it back ? 

Up there for thinking, down there for dancing as they say.

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Why don't we give up possession more and then we would be able to employ a high press to win it back ? 

I haven’t noticed a particular problem winning back possession this season.

15 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

:berra:

A wee snippet I heard today from a pal in Aberdeen - we have been in touch with the Dons about availability of Connor McLennan. At 21 he’s about the age we should be looking at. Not figuring regularly in the first team there and McInnes apparently doesn’t really rate him. Supposedly a loan with a view to signing him in the first instance.

6 hours ago, Mr Brightside said:

Not having a go at an ex pro getting a job after football but surely he made enough down south to retire after playing?

Maybe just doesn’t want to do nowt

2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

A wee snippet I heard today from a pal in Aberdeen - we have been in touch with the Dons about availability of Connor McLennan. At 21 he’s about the age we should be looking at. Not figuring regularly in the first team there and McInnes apparently doesn’t really rate him. Supposedly a loan with a view to signing him in the first instance.

I'd definitely take him. Provided it came with an option and pre-agreed fee.

Lad seems to be capable of scoring in the Premiership. But when a manager doesn't rate a player they're in and out all the time. Think he'd be a decent improvement on what we have. 

Still slightly alarmed we signed Frear and Roberts at all tbh. 

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Love it, my old man used to say to that me. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Deevers said:

It would give us a good few months to see if he’s up to it, you take the chance he will do well and go elsewhere but it’s probably better than giving them contracts like we did for Roberts/Frear/Popescu. If only we had taken Damour on loan for a season. 

Stendelnator
9 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I really like him. He’s a big lad and would offer a physical, pacy presence. 

5 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'd definitely take him. Provided it came with an option and pre-agreed fee.

Lad seems to be capable of scoring in the Premiership. But when a manager doesn't rate a player they're in and out all the time. Think he'd be a decent improvement on what we have. 

Still slightly alarmed we signed Frear and Roberts at all tbh. 

He’s out of contract in the summer, so I suppose we might only have to pay a development fee. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Hoof ball

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Deevers said:

He’s out of contract in the summer, so I suppose we might only have to pay a development fee. 

We would only have to pay a development fee if Aberdeen offer him a contract of at least the same wage as he had before. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Strange that the guru of the Championship sounds surprised and didn’t see the need to sign such a striker in the summer where he said we were fine with what we had? 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Strange that the guru of the Championship sounds surprised and didn’t see the need to sign such a striker in the summer where he said we were fine with what we had? 

Uche wasn't the answer but always thought in this league we would need a strong, physical target man to at least vary our play a bit. 

Teams like Dunfermline and Dundee know exactly how to play us, as can be seen from the games against them. 

9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

We would only have to pay a development fee if Aberdeen offer him a contract of at least the same wage as he had before. 

No contract offer from Aberdeen apparently, and the whispers are that McInnes has been told he’s got to shed before he can sign anyone else. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He seems to keep coming up with things he needs, despite having more than enough to get promoted. You’d almost think he’s incredibly limited as a coach

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Uche wasn't the answer but always thought in this league we would need a strong, physical target man to at least vary our play a bit. 

Teams like Dunfermline and Dundee know exactly how to play us, as can be seen from the games against them. 

I didn’t say he was did I? Just that Neilson either didn’t realise he would need a target man or lied when he said we were going with what we had. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He seems to keep coming up with things he needs, despite having more than enough to get promoted. You’d almost think he’s incredibly limited as a coach

Yet we still haven’t signed anyone, it be nice to get on the front foot for once instead of scrambling at the end of the month. We have a big game on Tuesday after all. 

3 minutes ago, bazman said:

McLennan has been a regular for Aberdeen this season and only came out of the team with Covid isolation

Mostly appearances as a substitute though.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I didn’t say he was did I? Just that Neilson either didn’t realise he would need a target man or lied when he said we were going with what we had. 

No, didn't mean that you said that about Uche 🤔

It was more me thinking allowed that someone with the strength and power of somebody like him could have been useful in this league. 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Realistically we would win the league with the squad we have, but there are some positions we need to strengthen in. You should always be looking to improve the team.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yet we still haven’t signed anyone, it be nice to get on the front foot for once instead of scrambling at the end of the month. We have a big game on Tuesday after all. 

The transfer window has been open for four days and still has over three weeks left. Chill the **** out 😂

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )