January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

Walter Bishop
5 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Not really, the difference is that i can assure you that once the hand over takes place. A £20M investment will happen, it will be given to the FoH.

You can wallow in whatever shite you like, drown in it in fact.

HHGH

Jesus! 😂😂

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

WheatfieldWarrior
4 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

That changed when benefactors wanted to renovate the stadium, Ann is a worker, she was tempted to stay on and see it through. Andrew Mckinlay is the CEO, not sure that Ann can change it herself after a hand over takes place. Not at all privy to that , i would have to ask my family or someone here to give me that information. The only condition was that the FoH were to be gifted the money to invest in the football side only. The Academy was forever in a midst of change, it was decided that the first team squad would benefit first. The FoH members are the ones who hold the key to it all, .my brother told me that £20M had been paid in over a period of time. Going back to the Save Our Hearts days the other party spoke in private, agreed that within a five year time scale would match what FoH had raised all in. Well it was in the first instance, on Ann stepping aside within an 18 month period.

It has not been made available as nothing has happened yet.

Shame it's just for the football side.  We could have easily filled in the corners for 20M.

On topic

outs hopefully Zamal and Damour

any more a bonus

loans extended or new loans circa 5 or 6 players probably all younger ones

We have enough in squad to win Championship by 8-10 points

Signings in this window will reflect where we are

Fingers crossed

1. Savage will I have 2 players for us this window. He will want to make his mark. One may be a loan.

2 The loan player ideally Jones but Stewart would also be acceptable. With Covid less chance of cross border loans.

3. One pre contract  in a position not covered in 1. Above. For example if no CH then Findlay if no MF then Campbell. We need to aim high. Quality not quantity from now. Two quality pre-contracts would be very good.

The likes of Walker with 2 years left will go nowhere.  
 Those with 6 months left Lee/White/Frear if unhappy hopefully we can move them this window but wishful thinking as all will run contract out which is not unexpected.

like everybody else pace needed in all areas and ideally we look at under 25’s as a general rule. Scarf above head next week please.

HHGH

Cochrane loan extended.   Current club montrose.   Hearts wanting him to get regular gametime and to hopefully extend his hearts contract beyond 2021 to whatever deal they agree to keep him.   He is wanted as a potential  first team player next season, to compete for a place in the team. 

Think I read it from the Scotsman.   Not word for word.  https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-make-decision-montrose-loanee-harry-cochranes-future-3087248

He was due back at Riccarton this month, but will stay on loan at Links Park for the rest of the season before rejoining his parent club to challenge for a first-team place.

Hearts and Montrose are in the process of extending their agreement to ensure the player remains in League One until the end of the current campaign. Hearts intend to give him an opportunity next term, provided he agrees to sign a new contract.

Cochrane, 19, has made ten appearances for Montrose to date and helped them climb to third in the league table. His immediate future lies in Angus but the Hearts manager Robbie Neilson believes he still carries the potential to establish himself at Tynecastle Park.

There's other news on it if you read the link.  I can't copy and paste it all. 

Edited by HMFC01

Bad Religion

Not that I believe @gorgiebootboy but he has been arguing incoherently for the last few days that Ann Budge is the front of some sort of consortium with financial backers behind her. He also started the thread challenging Bongo to spend £10M and then changed it to £20M. 

Just saying. 

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

This forum is going doon the pan:vrface:

Only going? Been in the bottom of the pan a while (well the Terrace, anyway):muggy:

1 hour ago, steve123 said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-set-out-criteria-new-striker-they-look-make-two-signings-3087389

Nothing new here ie types of players we are looking for but says we have spoken to a few.

Defo need a big targetman. Don't know if we can find a good one whilst in the Championship however. 

16 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

We should really gamble and go all out to get him but no doubt we sign a 30 something with zero potential to improve.

Would love for us to sign him. He's out of contract at the end of the season and its quite clear that he's not bothered about money so we wouldn't be able to use that to our advantage here - it would be all about selling the club to him, selling him the idea of playing for Hearts, maybe winning something, and earning a bigger move.

Ainsley Harriott
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Would love for us to sign him. He's out of contract at the end of the season and its quite clear that he's not bothered about money so we wouldn't be able to use that to our advantage here - it would be all about selling the club to him, selling him the idea of playing for Hearts, maybe winning something, and earning a bigger move.

Absolutely I'm sure if he watched Frear and Robert's it would be pretty clear first team football would be on the table for him.

Don't know anything about Thomas Robert but it's always seemed like Airdrie are using Celtic/Rangers to start a bidding war which I doubt we'll enter/win.

Gordon Ramsay
1 hour ago, steve123 said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-set-out-criteria-new-striker-they-look-make-two-signings-3087389

Nothing new here ie types of players we are looking for but says we have spoken to a few.

Think we have needed a target man since the summer. At least it gives Berra someone to direct his hoofs too. 

Maybe we could trade Frear and Roberts for a decent winger. 

7 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

In simple terms it baffles me how a young talent like Robert can end up at Airdrie whereas we end up with utter dross. 

Something clearly wrong with scouting and contacts etc.

Airdrie signed him , nobody else did 

Has anybody actually seen this guy play ?

The fact his father was a good player isn't actually relevant

15 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

JJ and Joe Savage in place (separate roles obviously) Robbie has the staff he wants and the woman's team,  academy, age group's have thier numbers of staff complete.  What is John Murray doing now? And why is he the only one who has been involved in recruitment failures for years and still employed?

Saw him drive in to oriam on Tuesday was hoping it was to get his stuff n leave .but it appeared the whole football department were in getting covid tests.

How he's lasted this long is baffling

Back at the QoS game JJ said they had identified a striker and winger, 1 on loan and 1 a permanent signing. The inference was these deals were being actively pursued so would have hoped to have had them in early so would be ready to play in our tough January schedule. Could be that Savage has wanted to put his mark on proceedings or that the attraction of the Championship isn't good enough? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Hubz put seven figure sum on Nisbet - must be skint :HeartsManspotrun:

£10001.01

Stendelnator
32 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

By all accounts the boy took a move that would guarantee him first team football and a bit of hype and exposure. 

Gary Mackay-Steven signed for Airdrie when he left Liverpool, Andy Robertson moved to Queen’s Park when he left Celtic. Not exactly unheard of to drop down. 

Gimme an H...
1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Think we have needed a target man since the summer. At least it gives Berra someone to direct his hoofs too. 

Maybe we could trade Frear and Roberts for a decent winger. 

Berra has scrapped the hoofs this season

35 minutes ago, Big Moysey said:

Back at the QoS game JJ said they had identified a striker and winger, 1 on loan and 1 a permanent signing. The inference was these deals were being actively pursued so would have hoped to have had them in early so would be ready to play in our tough January schedule. Could be that Savage has wanted to put his mark on proceedings or that the attraction of the Championship isn't good enough? 

You would think that they could have been speaking to Savage on the phone even though he had officially not started his job with the club until the other day!!!!

37 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not sure if Snodgrass was mentioned earlier, going to WBA for 18 months. 

Only about fifty times.😍

41 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not sure if Snodgrass was mentioned earlier, going to WBA for 18 months. 

Nope, not mentioned at all..

🙄

On 06/01/2021 at 17:58, Sherbet said:

While lee may be slow he has a football brain and can pass the ball.more than 10 yards   and forward as well

Still should be shown the door , don’t forget he was only allowed back as we could not offload him

On 06/01/2021 at 18:54, merseyjambo said:

Until we are promoted, those sorts of players won’t becoming in. 

No one knows what’s going to happen going forward especially with COVID and if the leagues get shut down. 

this is why we should be offloading the deadwood now 

1 hour ago, johnthomas said:

Proof of the pudding being Olly Lee. Everyone got excited when we signed him but a lot of that was down to him being Rob Lee's son - it was almost like folk didn't realise he was plying his trade with Luton at the time

Ainsley Harriott
11 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Nope, not mentioned at all..

🙄

Surprising anyone would even bring him up considering hes on about 40k a week.

5 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Surprising anyone would even bring him up considering hes on about 40k a week.

Was it serious? I missed the Snodgrass chat lol. He might even be on more than £40k p/w! We'd struggle to chip in 10% haha.

Edited by Batistuta87

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
9 minutes ago, Musemic said:

Proof of the pudding being Olly Lee. Everyone got excited when we signed him but a lot of that was down to him being Rob Lee's son - it was almost like folk didn't realise he was plying his trade with Luton at the time

The fact he was playing for Luton is irrelevant to be fair. They'd just won promotion to League One and Lee had been a key part of that.  It was widely reported that there were Championship teams down South interested in him too. I would imagine the prospect of regular first team football brought him up here.

Being Rob Lee's son had nothing to do with it. I'm sure it's similar with Robert, I've seen next to no footage of him so hard to say whether he would be a good signing or not. I can't speak for others but I can't imagine there will have been too many people on here who have seen a lot of Airdrie this season.

Ainsley Harriott
11 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Was it serious? I missed the Snodgrass chat lol. He might even be on more than £40k p/w! We'd struggle to chip in 10% haha.

I know absolutely brilliant. Some of the shite on here takes talking shite to a new level 

Talking to an Airdrie fan at work, Robert is owned by his agent so a bit murky over who gets transfer fees etc. He has some tricks but is a passenger for large parts of some games. Takes a good corner but  He'd get plenty of abuse from the "Mourinho's" on here if we signed him. 

My workmate thinks he is a little lightweight for our top league and nowhere near EPL standard. I guess we'll see what happens.

Kidd’s Boots
1 hour ago, Big Moysey said:

I hope that this is true. A loan is ideal for a big target man who will only play away from home, when pitches are difficult and we have to resort to route one. He probably needs to be satisfied coming off the bench too as and when required!!

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I don’t know what the deal was with Uche. He seemed to like the club but I guess he got the offer of a move to the Championship rather than us punting him - but ironically he fits the exact model of the type of striker we are looking for and would stroll this league.

Shame we didn’t try harder to keep him (if we didn’t) - do we know if we got a fee for him?

7 minutes ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

I hope that this is true. A loan is ideal for a big target man who will only play away from home, when pitches are difficult and we have to resort to route one. He probably needs to be satisfied coming off the bench too as and when required!!

I wonder if we'll go in for Ross Stewart from County... Didn't fancy him much because his goalscoring record isn't that great, but seems to tick all the boxes that Robbie was talking about and would surely bag some goals in the Championship... His contract isn't up until the end of the season though so we would need to pay or offer a swap or something. I also wonder if this American Jamieson IV lad will be back on the radar. Apparently we were close to an agreement in the summer but decided to make do with what we had. From what I remember, he's over 6 foot and is absolutely rapid so could be worth looking at again. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

I wonder if we'll go in for Ross Stewart from County... Didn't fancy him much because his goalscoring record isn't that great, but seems to tick all the boxes that Robbie was talking about and would surely bag some goals in the Championship... His contract isn't up until the end of the season though so we would need to pay or offer a swap or something. I also wonder if this American Jamieson IV lad will be back on the radar. Apparently we were close to an agreement in the summer but decided to make do with what we had. From what I remember, he's over 6 foot and is absolutely rapid so could be worth looking at again. 

The American guy is news to me - was it in the press or mentioned on here?

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Will he be Jamieson the IV of America, 1st of Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 😎

😖

14 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Is Gary Naysmith still the loans manager? 

Gary Naismith is driving for City Plumbing at present (or he was up til the turn of the year.)

24 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

The American guy is news to me - was it in the press or mentioned on here?

It was this guy in the summer, apparently we were close to signing him but we'd make do with Boyce and Wighton.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bradford-jamieson-iv/profil/spieler/314175 

He's a free agent though, so we could have signed him any time afterwards if we'd decided we needed him... I think someone mentioned an American striker earlier in this thread so just got me wondering if it was the same guy.

I want a big nasty ***** up front. Kevin Kyle meets Gary Madine. 

Hope JJ has someone in mind :D 

Interestingly, Pressleys son Aaron is a striker, 6ft 2' so might offer that physical presence, could probably get him on loan if Brentford are looking for the laddie to get game time. 

Some folk seem to be forgetting how bad Uche really was!!

Done bugger all for large parts of games, first touch like a shot, his passing was dreadful and missed a lot of chances also piss in the air for a big lad.

I for one was glad when we got rid.

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Interestingly, Pressleys son Aaron is a striker, 6ft 2' so might offer that physical presence, could probably get him on loan if Brentford are looking for the laddie to get game time. 

Will JJ have any say?

I would assume savage is the man now.

Just now, OTT said:

A Kevin Kyle/Mark de Vries carbon copy would be nice. Hopefully recruitment will have improved and we don't end d up with some useless donkey on a 2-3 year deal. 

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

Done bugger all for large parts of games, first touch like a shot, his passing was dreadful and missed a lot of chances also piss in the air for a big lad.

First touch like a shot :laugh2:

He gave away so much possession and free kicks it was unreal. A gift horse to the opposition defence more often than not. 

3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Defo need a big targetman. Don't know if we can find a good one whilst in the Championship however. 

Not just a target man but one that can take the ball in to feet.   First half of Dundee game the ball came bouncing back off Wighton every time a pass went near him.  That allowed them to keep the pressure on us with their high press tactic.  

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I think Savage will make a difference. Certainly makes me more confident about recruitment. Left to Neilson and Murray, we’d sign huddies until the end of time. 

12 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

It's JKB law that players get better either once they're away or when they're out injured

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )