January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

I logged in to check this thread to see whether we were likely to sign anyone and see what the chat was around any signings or exits.

Silly me. One day I'll learn.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Malinga the Swinga
12 minutes ago, Barack said:

I hope we don't sign anyone.

Couldn't be any worse than...whatever the last few pages have been. Could it...?

:sadrobbo:

Oh it can get worse, a lot worse. Some of the Neilson haters and Hearts haters have their agendas and they seem to be enjoying themselves. 

14 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes, yes, yes. Crap, just admit it that your argument was full of crap. The guys you mentioned all left to pursue their careers in what they believed, correctly, were much better leagues than we were in. As with virtually all players they were maximising their income from a very short career. 

Pish if that's the case tell me we weren't paying juwon and sammon better wages?, and if they went to pursue their careers why did we offer Jamie Walker a contract only for him to turn it down, for us then to make him an offer again , the highest paid player allegedly. 

The club knew they had tried to lowball him first time round, so tried to correct the mistake they had made. 

1 minute ago, JamboAndrew said:

I logged in to check this thread to see whether we were likely to sign anyone and see what the chat was around any signings or exits.

Schoolboy error:whistling:

It feels more like "Insult Tennis" to me.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Schoolboy error:whistling:

It feels more like "Insult Tennis" to me.

No it doesn’t 😜

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Pish if that's the case tell me we weren't paying juwon and sammon better wages?, and if they went to pursue their careers why did we offer Jamie Walker a contract only for him to turn it down, for us then to make him an offer again , the highest paid player allegedly. 

The club knew they had tried to lowball him first time round, so tried to correct the mistake they had made. 

I wish he’d signed it, he’d be away by now, for good 🤔

10 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Someone posted some news below. 

1 hour ago, Jamboj1 said:

GMS was spoken too and that’s about as far as it has went so far already was set for aberdeen it seems , jordan Jones suits the type of signing we are looking for I’m sure Boyce and smith will have a word but that’s one for the unlikely category unless there’s been a change since last week. Still hopeful to have one complete by next monday or the deal to be close enough where we will know about the signing👍🏻Also expect a few loans out like Moore and damour soon 

Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Someone posted some news below. 

Thanks. 

Excellent, thanks. GMS I haven't seen play in a long time, so have no idea. I'm not a huge fan of Jones, and The Rangers mean his wages will be inflated. He never had great numbers when it came to assists and goals.

I wanted it to work for Moore, but he isn't good enough for what we need. And Damour was a weird one. My Cardiff supporting friend was surprised we got him and said he was great. I think we can all agree it didn't pan out that way.

1 hour ago, Jamboj1 said:

GMS was spoken too and that’s about as far as it has went so far already was set for aberdeen it seems , jordan Jones suits the type of signing we are looking for I’m sure Boyce and smith will have a word but that’s one for the unlikely category unless there’s been a change since last week. Still hopeful to have one complete by next monday or the deal to be close enough where we will know about the signing👍🏻Also expect a few loans out like Moore and damour soon 

Cheers Jamboj1 👍

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 04/01/2021 at 13:01, jambonian said:

I know it sounds crazy but Lafferty said on his interview that he was offered more than he expected, or asked for. If you want to see his full interview, or any of the other ex-Hearts players that've done one with Si Ferry, check out YouTube's Open Goal.

Some great interviews with David Templeton, Steve Fulton, Paul Hartley and others.

Wasnt he about to sign for Hibs? Like any “bidding war” the asset will often get more than the original asking price.

(or was that someone else)

9 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

If Callachan is the way forward we really are up **** creek.

Funny how ex players suddenly take on this magical aura when no longer kicking around the club....Whilst we are at it....why no a cheeky wee bid for Templeton?

The only two to have come back that I rated.....Robertson and Skacel.....Make that 3 - Craig Gordon

There's enough out there without picking up ex mediocre players.

JC McPherson Webster surely ? 

8 hours ago, EIEIO said:

When does the window close?  Ross Callachan surely not.  Even with Boyce , Smith and Gino missing we should have got a draw with Dundee. Main issue was our tactics in the first 45 minutes.  

i agree 

7 hours ago, Gambo said:

The squad is good enough, as proved v Celtic/Hibs IF they are allowed to go out and play on the front foot.

this 

1 minute ago, cookieboy said:

JC McPherson Webster surely ? 

i agree 

this 

Of course.....I'm sure there are a few more than I named, therefore my apologies! I was just a wee bit lazy and picked the most obvious candidates.

There are lot's of worthy players who did well for the club 2nd time round. All fine Hearts men.

2 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Of course.....I'm sure there are a few more than I named, therefore my apologies! I was just a wee bit lazy and picked the most obvious candidates.

There are lot's of worthy players who did well for the club 2nd time round. All fine Hearts men.

no offence intended mate 

Hectormasson
57 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Because they won’t get relegated. 

Their an spl rug, that bend for celtic friends !  They will always be safe....c....s !!!

Phil D. Corners
1 hour ago, JamboAndrew said:

Yeah... me too. 

On 28/12/2020 at 18:26, dazajmbo said:

Winger who has been capped for Scotland, striker also been capped for Scotland are quite far down the line in contract talks here. As I have stated before. Take it or leave it,not going to be answering questions or naming anyone due to personal abuse aimed at me previously 

Quite interested to hear who this will be. GMS and Brophy both obvious choices but sounds like Aberdeen and St Mirren bound respectively. 

Think Brophy would be a solid signing. Unlike Wighton, he has established himself in the top flight and should be looking to make the next step up (i.e Hearts, Aberdeen, Hibs or even Dundee Utd sized clubs or down South). St Mirren being in for him just seems weird. Financially, they barely seem stronger than Hamilton... 

Winger wise, there really doesn't seem to be a lot kicking about that hit your criteria. I think only GMS actually hits that on the nose (based on whose available), I'd be happy to sign O'Halloran or Paul McMullan. In terms of strikers, Brophy, Cummings or Stevie May seem to match that. 

This summer window has some really good forwards availible for free and I'd be annoyed if we didn't take advantage of that. A lot of clubs strengthen by weakening others. I think this would be a solid strategy. If we could go out and sign Gallacher, Campbell, G. Stewart, Stevie May and Michael O'Halloran, I think we'd be knocking on the door for 3rd. Add in Stuart Findlay to replace Berra and retaining Kingsley & Ginnelly we'd have on paper a very solid squad to build on for the next 3/4 years. 

Lone Striker
55 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Me three, another shitfest of a thread 

Aye, usual  waste of time reading these threads during a transfer window.    Probably best to leave things to Messrs  Savage & Neilson, despite them not being as knowledgeable as JKB..     

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Quite interested to hear who this will be. GMS and Brophy both obvious choices but sounds like Aberdeen and St Mirren bound respectively. 

Think Brophy would be a solid signing. Unlike Wighton, he has established himself in the top flight and should be looking to make the next step up (i.e Hearts, Aberdeen, Hibs or even Dundee Utd sized clubs or down South). St Mirren being in for him just seems weird. Financially, they barely seem stronger than Hamilton... 

Winger wise, there really doesn't seem to be a lot kicking about that hit your criteria. I think only GMS actually hits that on the nose (based on whose available), I'd be happy to sign O'Halloran or Paul McMullan. In terms of strikers, Brophy, Cummings or Stevie May seem to match that. 

This summer window has some really good forwards availible for free and I'd be annoyed if we didn't take advantage of that. A lot of clubs strengthen by weakening others. I think this would be a solid strategy. If we could go out and sign Gallacher, Campbell, G. Stewart, Stevie May and Michael O'Halloran, I think we'd be knocking on the door for 3rd. Add in Stuart Findlay to replace Berra and retaining Kingsley & Ginnelly we'd have on paper a very solid squad to build on for the next 3/4 years. 

25 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Looking like we haven't got much money to spend.

Certainly not close to what OTT wants to spend .

What would that little lot cost in signing on fees , 1 years wages etc . £3m plus ?

WheatfieldWarrior
3 hours ago, Barack said:

I hope we don't sign anyone.

Couldn't be any worse than...whatever the last few pages have been. Could it...?

:sadrobbo:

we're only a quarter of the way through the pages though :(

Worst posts are still to come. 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
5 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No I've pointed out it's taken the guy to leave our poison club, to go out and enjoy his football again, which is clear to see, look at his form at Bristol rovers?. 

You really think Sam enjoyed playing for us under the managers he played under? 😂, during Neilson /Cathro /Levein tenure as manager, our three best players, Patterson, Walker, Nicholson, guys that we gave the opportunity to develop as players. 

Why do you think none of them signed new contracts? Wouldn't be because pish like sammon, and juwon were on decent money, and they were being offered plums compared to them?. 

Take your head out your arse. 

Sam Nicholson a boyhood hearts supporter turned heart of midlothian football club down, for whom the mighty Bristol rovers. 

Ask him his reasons if you see him👍, I have you might get a shock. 

Paterson and Nicholson didn't play in Levein's team? I think Paterson only played a handful of games under Cathro before he got that bad injury as well.

Saying Nicholson was one of our three best players at that time is a bit of a stretch as well. Yes he was decent, but top three? I'm not so sure.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, john thomas said:

Certainly not close to what OTT wants to spend .

What would that little lot cost in signing on fees , 1 years wages etc . £3m plus ?

We could possibly lose Zlamal/Doyle/Lee/Haring/Wighton/Kingsley/Smith/Irving/Berra/Frear/Ginnelly/Cochrane and hopefully Damour/Walker/Roberts/Henderson/Moore/Halkett too in the next few months. Who knows how much wages we will have free to play with and how many players will need to come in. 

4 hours ago, OTT said:

I wouldn't be listening to this Dazo guy.He had a big thread in the summer and said this and that and he's at it again.He will be back in the summer with more nonsense.Think I read he guessed one transfer a few years back and he's playing off it. 

Main priority this window is to get rid of the deadwood and some of the recent signings ( for starters Zlamal /Doyle/ Lee/ Wighton / Frear / Damour / Walker /Roberts/ /Moore)  to free up salaries for the summer transfer window. Any signings should be based on the ability to play at a consistent top 6 premiership level as a minimum.

Ainsley Harriott
10 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Walker only came back because he was desperate to get away from Wigan, and to play games. 

He hated it down their and wanted back up to be closer to family. 

Walker came back as he couldn't get a game at Wigan then could only manage 12 appearances for Peterborough. It was clear to everyone expect Our Craig that he was finished but Mr Sentimental had to sign him up.

5 hours ago, fila said:

Main priority this window is to get rid of the deadwood and some of the recent signings ( for starters Zlamal /Doyle/ Lee/ Wighton / Frear / Damour / Walker /Roberts/ /Moore)  to free up salaries for the summer transfer window. Any signings should be based on the ability to play at a consistent top 6 premiership level as a minimum.

While lee may be slow he has a football brain and can pass the ball.more than 10 yards   and forward as well

6 hours ago, fila said:

Until we are promoted, those sorts of players won’t becoming in. 

No one knows what’s going to happen going forward especially with COVID and if the leagues get shut down. 

Hopefully get some pace/athleticism in the team. Obvious from the games against Dunfermline and Dundee that we are lacking massively in that department. Preferably upfront.

Bringing in a billy big baws is not what we need as games are usually won and lost on aggression and desire shown by the team. Need pace but someone with hunger would do fine 

1 hour ago, Sherbet said:

While lee may be slow he has a football brain and can pass the ball.more than 10 yards   and forward as well

But we should be looking for better, eh? Dare I say maybe someone who can only pass the ball  9 yards but has a human heart and not one of a chicken, and is willing to add a bit of effort and fight into the team.

11 hours ago, OTT said:

Steve May???

</not_sure_if_serious>

10 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

But we should be looking for better, eh? Dare I say maybe someone who can only pass the ball  9 yards but has a human heart and not one of a chicken, and is willing to add a bit of effort and fight into the team.

Agree we have too many chicken hearted players. 

Gordon Ramsay
13 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

🙄😂 

Taking DTD point into account I would still except Sam to provide a lot more than Roberts and Frear. Roberts has literally done nothing good in a Hearts shirt whatsoever. I'm not sure he's even a professional footballer. Looks completely lost out there. Frear scored a tap in that he almost missed and has put one decent corner in I think. 

Missed opportunity there. 

Leveins Battalion

I'm going to go against the grain and call bullshit on all the rumours on here (including ones I was told).

13 minutes ago, pointon said:

Surely to **** we have money to spend we fund our club

We’ll have money to spend just maybe not as much as others.

Leveins Battalion

For the love of god I hope we stay away from the GMS of this world,we have little enjoyment from has beens.

Top of my list would be Murray and Turner from Dunfermline,Campbell from Well,Kerr and McCann St Johnstone.Stewart for Ross Count.Time to get younger and hungrier players.

Edited by Leveins Battalion

Bazzas right boot

Imo All funds should be spent with a view to the next 2/3 years not the next 5 months. 

The problem with that is we are financially restricted atm and not very attractive to players who fit that bill. 

We don't "need" any more players to win the Championship. We're winning it atm and will win it with what we have. 

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )