January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
1 hour ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Based in the fact that we were the worst team in the league last year and the signings we have made have not made us any better. Or do you think that we have miraculously got better? 

It is just based on the opinion that I think we have better players than the majority of teams in the league. As an example we've got the best pair of full backs outside the Old Firm.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

3 minutes ago, ericb said:

Still can't see us signing anyone due lo lockdown, I reckon our new SD has been advised of this 

Aye because nobody else is signing anyone 🙄

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Just read an article on how Sam Nicholson is absolutely tearing it up for Bristol Rovers.. they expect to be selling him to a bigger club soon for a chunky profit.. 

remember some said they wouldn’t take him back 🙄 that aside - this is what pisses me off about hearts.. he would have come back but wage was a little high.. instead we signed Frear and Roberts..

it always seems to be quantity over quality.. 

Yeah I would've definitely taken Nicholson over Frear + Roberts. Could've had Moore as the other option.

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

need to keep him away from water of leith and the canal 

I said that hours ago, before he was in talks with Aberdeen 🙈

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I think so. Scotland is like a goldfish bowl with the same players swimming around all the time. Jones, Brophy, GMS, Cadden. Just such narrow options for even half decent players up here. England is enormous in comparison to us. Getting a guy in who knows different leagues has to be beneficial. 

As well as the fact they won’t already be brainwashed into losing to teams from Glasgow. 

15 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Just read an article on how Sam Nicholson is absolutely tearing it up for Bristol Rovers.. they expect to be selling him to a bigger club soon for a chunky profit.. 

remember some said they wouldn’t take him back 🙄 that aside - this is what pisses me off about hearts.. he would have come back but wage was a little high.. instead we signed Frear and Roberts..

Correct

He is playing really well and scoring a few as well and we are dishing out wages for these two imposters. 

Another mistake made in our recruitment. 

11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Who was to blame for that?, you are absolutely right about Sam he's probably having one of the best seasons of his life. 

Ask yourself the guy's went away to America, got his head sorted enjoying his football again. 

Joins Bristol rovers and seems to have real maturity now. 

Personally speaking i don't think it matters who we sign, if the guy managing them can't improve them? What's the point. 

21 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Don’t think wages were the issue.  He isn’t on a huge wage at Rovers. Think the opportunity to impress in English football was the deciding factor. Looks like he may have made the correct call. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

As well as the fact they won’t already be brainwashed into losing to teams from Glasgow. 

Just the coaching staff that have that problem then, oh and every player we currently have 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈?

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Who was to blame for that?, you are absolutely right about Sam he's probably having one of the best seasons of his life. 

Ask yourself the guy's went away to America, got his head sorted enjoying his football again. 

Joins Bristol rovers and seems to have real maturity now. 

Personally speaking i don't think it matters who we sign, if the guy managing them can't improve them? What's the point. 

Yet you credit all of Sams improvement to Sam. No mention of the inputs of the guys managing him over last two years. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Just the coaching staff that have that problem then, oh and every player we currently have 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈?

Yep, and the more we can bring in who don’t have the problem the better. One of the few things that Vlad was absolutely spot on about. 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Yet you credit all of Sams improvement to Sam. No mention of the inputs of the guys managing him over last two years. 

Good player, reliable has some pace and can score goals. Matured and has a lot of experience in the world. Robbie was so close to nailing it, someone said no to the finance. Sam took the best offer on his table. Good luck to him.

Just now, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Good player, reliable has some pace and can score goals. Matured and has a lot of experience in the world. Robbie was so close to nailing it, someone said no to the finance. Sam took the best offer on his table. Good luck to him.

He is on less than £2k per week at Rovers so I doubt finance was an issue. 

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, soonbe110 said:

He is on less than £2k per week at Rovers so I doubt finance was an issue. 

It was the main factor, us playing in the Championship wouldn't of helped. If we were in the SPL , Sam would be playing for Us.

Ainsley Harriott
13 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Correct

He is playing really well and scoring a few as well and we are dishing out wages for these two imposters. 

Another mistake made in our recruitment. 

Not really we offered him a contract. It's not like we didn't attempt to sign him

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No I've pointed out it's taken the guy to leave our poison club, to go out and enjoy his football again, which is clear to see, look at his form at Bristol rovers?. 

You really think Sam enjoyed playing for us under the managers he played under? 😂, during Neilson /Cathro /Levein tenure as manager, our three best players, Patterson, Walker, Nicholson, guys that we gave the opportunity to develop as players. 

Why do you think none of them signed new contracts? Wouldn't be because pish like sammon, and juwon were on decent money, and they were being offered plums compared to them?. 

Take your head out your arse. 

Sam Nicholson a boyhood hearts supporter turned heart of midlothian football club down, for whom the mighty Bristol rovers. 

Ask him his reasons if you see him👍, I have you might get a shock. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, and the more we can bring in who don’t have the problem the better. One of the few things that Vlad was absolutely spot on about. 

I would actually like a SD and coaching staff that had no contact at all with Scottish Football, like Sergio or Stendel. 
I wonder if foreign managers will be allowed to work here from now on, that’s another thread. 
Let’s hope we can source some that haven’t been used to getting beaten by then as you say. 

2 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Would take wee Kai Kennedy

Said on STV talks with Rangers to extend his contract. I was impressed by him against us.

A loan for rest of the season would work.

27 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Aye because nobody else is signing anyone 🙄

Two wrings don't make a right, noone should be making signings. Currently we have police at shopping centre's ch King whether people have a valid reason to be out, yet we can allow highly paid footballers to travel across the country to negotiate, have medicals, search for and move into New accommodation, while starting a new job - madness, all at a time when one of the top teams is in the sunshine 

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No I've pointed out it's taken the guy to leave our poison club, to go out and enjoy his football again, which is clear to see, look at his form at Bristol rovers?. 

You really think Sam enjoyed playing for us under the managers he played under? 😂, during Neilson /Cathro /Levein tenure as manager, our three best players, Patterson, Walker, Nicholson, guys that we gave the opportunity to develop as players. 

Why do you think none of them signed new contracts? Wouldn't be because pish like sammon, and juwon were on decent money, and they were being offered plums compared to them?. 

Sam Nicholson a boyhood hearts supporter turned heart of midlothian football club down, for whom the mighty Bristol rovers. 

Any rumours Bongo?

Gorgie Boot boy
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Do you think he will stay wit them? Hearts back in the SPL will give a few of our home players a yearning to return . If i can help,i will.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, R1874 said:

Gav Reilly at Livi! He’s in a division above Sow - who would have predicted that

And Boyce/Naismith/Adam etc, strange days indeed. 

Malinga the Swinga
9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Why don't you just go and take your poisonous comments with you. Stendel has left and you are distraught but you need to get over it. 

All this pretending to know why players sign/don't sign is so tiresome. 

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Why don't you just go and take your poisonous comments with you. Stendel has left and you are distraught but you need to get over it. 

Ok chum 👍

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Nice to see you on the thread after the dundee result 🤔 nah you were posted missing, yah loser. 

Malinga the Swinga
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I would actually like a SD and coaching staff that had no contact at all with Scottish Football, like Sergio or Stendel. 
I wonder if foreign managers will be allowed to work here from now on, that’s another thread. 
Let’s hope we can source some that haven’t been used to getting beaten by then as you say. 

Paulo Sergio maybe, Stendel no thanks. Completely failed as manager and we are well rid of him and the overhyped Gegenpress. 

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Nice to see you on the thread after the dundee result 🤔 nah you were posted missing, yah loser. 

Top of the league though. The exact opposite of where your beloved Daniel took us. 

Still wanting us to lose and pretending to have knowledge of club business. How sad. 

Malinga the Swinga
9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

This is liams transfer window bud 👍

Leaving it all to him. 

Cause you know the square root of nothing about Hearts FC business. 

Malinga the Swinga
54 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Bristol Rovers sit 18th in table, 3 points from relegation positions in league 1. I liked him, but come on, he has scored 4 goals in league and we call that tearing it up! 

What about looking forward, not backwards. 

39 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Probably the biggest thing for me. When people say 'they know Scottish football' it 9/10 times means 'they'll play/manage defensively against the two arse cheeks'.

With our new sporting director, am I right in thinking we're going to be targeting England more for recruitment now? The market there is huge compared to Scotland and I imagine we'd be an attractive option for players unable to get a game but bags of talent, with European football a distinct possibility.

10 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Top of the league though. The exact opposite of where your beloved Daniel took us. 

Still wanting us to lose and pretending to have knowledge of club business. How sad. 

Or seeing the reality for what it is, that Robbie is struggling to beat pish like Dundee 😂

24 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Well one of them chose to return to the ‘poison’ club with the same guy in charge? If Sam didn’t enjoy playing for us under Nielson first time round then there’s something wrong with him. 
None of them signed new contracts for one reason, same reason as Hickey, they make a lot more money personally if there’s no transfer fee involved and more importantly so do their agents. 

In Sams case if he has any ambition to make a career in England or even wants to try to progress in England then, sadly, Bristol Rovers is a much better audition venue than us. Significantly more players move from League One to Championship in England than move from there from all four Scottish leagues combined.  

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Bristol Rovers sit 18th in table, 3 points from relegation positions in league 1. I liked him, but come on, he has scored 4 goals in league and we call that tearing it up! 

because there is no harm in looking back when the players in question would 100% improve our team. There are a few posters on Here with this bizarre “never go back” thing

Some of the greatest players in the history of HMFC have played here, left and returned 

John Robertson 

John Colquhoun

Rudi Skacel

Bannon

Craig Gordon 

I could go on and on. Now Sam isn’t at the same level as those names yet but he is young, would walk into our current side blindfolded and instantly be our best player by a long long long way. 

Go read some of the Bristol forums, quite a few think he could well try out to be one of their best ever signings 

11 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

How many do roberts and Frear have to their name? You trying to tell me we would get promoted if we were in league 1😂, we are struggling to beat part timers 😂😂😂, a guy that only trains 3 times a week due to injury problems, just smacked us up 😂

Edited by Bongo 1874

27 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Said on STV talks with Rangers to extend his contract. I was impressed by him against us.

A loan for rest of the season would work.

Going to Raith on loan 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Well one of them chose to return to the ‘poison’ club with the same guy in charge? If Sam didn’t enjoy playing for us under Nielson first time round then there’s something wrong with him. 
None of them signed new contracts for one reason, same reason as Hickey, they make a lot more money personally if there’s no transfer fee involved and more importantly so do their agents. 

In Sams case if he has any ambition to make a career in England or even wants to try to progress in England then, sadly, Bristol Rovers is a much better audition venue than us. Significantly more players move from League One to Championship in England than move from there from all four Scottish leagues combined.  

Walker only came back because he was desperate to get away from Wigan, and to play games. 

He hated it down their and wanted back up to be closer to family. 

32 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Not really we offered him a contract. It's not like we didn't attempt to sign him

Maybe it would have been worth pushing the boat out a bit more. 

We are wasting two wages on wide men who have done absolutely nothing for the club in Frear and Roberts. 

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Walker only came back because he was desperate to get away from Wigan, and to play games. 

He hated it down their and wanted back up to be closer to family. 

Yes, yes, yes. Crap, just admit it that your argument was full of crap. The guys you mentioned all left to pursue their careers in what they believed, correctly, were much better leagues than we were in. As with virtually all players they were maximising their income from a very short career. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Four league goals. Bristol Rovers 18th. Sensational.

2 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

How are St. Midden guaranteed Premier League football beyond April ?   

Because they won’t get relegated. 

Malinga the Swinga

Only on this forum could you get called a Loser for wanting Hearts to win a game, and then not coming on to slag players, staff and club. 

Did think idea of supporting club was to be positive and look forward but not according to some on here. 

Strange times indeed. 

51 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Wow 😳 

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )