January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

He’s a common sense signing. Proven at this level, Scotland international and better than what we have. Also weakens a rival which is an added bonus. 

I’d be keen. Problem is we’d have 3 right sided CBS (Souttar, Halkett & then Gallagher) Is Souttar good enough on his left side to play left sided? Also - think someone said that at Halkett played left of a back 3 at Livi so plenty potential there.

He’s going to have options though, may want to try his hand down south. Jimmy Dunne or Murray Wallace would be two left sided CBS which would make a lot of sense. 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Howdy Doody Jambo
28 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

We should have been in for him when his contract was up at Livi, would be a solid signing but I'm thinking he could end up down south 

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

He’s a common sense signing. Proven at this level, Scotland international and better than what we have. Also weakens a rival which is an added bonus. 

I’d be keen. Problem is we’d have 3 right sided CBS (Souttar, Halkett & then Gallagher) Is Souttar good enough on his left side to play left sided? Also - think someone said that at Halkett played left of a back 3 at Livi so plenty potential there.

He’s going to have options though, may want to try his hand down south. Jimmy Dunne or Murray Wallace would be two left sided CBS which would make a lot of sense. 

Weekly / monthly Jimmy Dunne mention fulfilled. That's my weekend made :)

If it is true Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and probably a few English sides are in for Gallagher, we'd probably have to offer him a good wage to get him. At 30yrs old he'll be looking for his last big contract and at that age has no sell on value. I personally don't think Gallagher is worth it for that reason. He's decent but I feel we could do better and should sign someone younger. 

45 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

We should have been in for him when his contract was up at Livi, would be a solid signing but I'm thinking he could end up down south 

30yr old now.

46 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Spot on. Would have been on a less wage than halkett. Last big contract. He will be hoping Celtic but more chance of down south. He is friends with Andy Halliday tho

south morocco
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

If it is true Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and probably a few English sides are in for Gallagher, we'd probably have to offer him a good wage to get him. At 30yrs old he'll be looking for his last big contract and at that age has no sell on value. I personally don't think Gallagher is worth it for that reason. He's decent but I feel we could do better and should sign someone younger. 

He’s a good player but I agree we should be looking to build a younger squad core that’ll give us the next 3-4 seasons 

35 minutes ago, south morocco said:

He’s a good player but I agree we should be looking to build a younger squad core that’ll give us the next 3-4 seasons 

He is decent but aye, we'd be looking for a replacement for him in a couple of years. 

We're better looking for someone left sided anyway. 

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Someone who is younger and better will be someone we can’t afford 

13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

That's nonsense. There's literally hundreds of Centerhalfs out of contract this summer who will be younger, better and cheaper. 

15 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

We have a history of signing good players at a good age. Just as well the folk who signed them didn’t settle for a player looking for his last big pay day instead. 

BackOfTheNet
4 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Still stand by my point, whoever is in for him now if I were him I’d wait until after the Euros.

3 hours ago, OTT said:

If he signed I don’t think the back 3 would be an issue, since he played with Halkett in one already with Livi, pretty sure Halkett played left of the three.

3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

This is where I’m at. I’m not going to hold his past convictions against him as prison is meant to rehabilitate so he deserves (and has taken) a second chance for serving his time and seems to have acted professionally since. But my main gripe would be his age and lack of sell on value combined with his likely higher wage demands that you mention.

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

That's nonsense. There's literally hundreds of Centerhalfs out of contract this summer who will be younger, better and cheaper. 

Can you name just 3 out of these hundreds?

20 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I probably could, could you? 

You're the one claiming there were hundreds.

C'mon you know you want to tell us.

34 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You're the one claiming there were hundreds.

C'mon you know you want to tell us.

I'm not claiming anything. It's a fact of life that their are literally hundreds of Centerhalfs out of contract in the summer. Only an absolute muppet would fail to recognise that. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

I'm not claiming anything. It's a fact of life that their are literally hundreds of Centerhalfs out of contract in the summer. Only an absolute muppet would fail to recognise that. 

Only a muppet would say there are hundreds and fail to come up with any names.  Beyond belief!

Looks like you're being critical just for the sake of it.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Only a muppet would say there are hundreds and fail to come up with any names.  Beyond belief!

Looks like you're being critical just for the sake of it.

No, there are literally hundreds. Go and check Transfermarkt or something. 

As for being critical. Says the guy that kens literally **** all about anything but just trolls the board as a pedant. 

:vrface:

On 20/03/2021 at 17:00, Cruyff said:

No, there are literally hundreds. Go and check Transfermarkt or something. 

As for being critical. Says the guy that kens literally **** all about anything but just trolls the board as a pedant. 

:vrface:

You would certainly know (from personal experience) about being a pedant!!

17 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Or not 😂

Aye, absolute dugshit. As is that big huddy up front that makes David Vanecek look like Eusebio.