January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

15 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Hearing Marc Rzatkowski is a midfielder we have spoken to that is a recent free agent so may join after today's deadline.

Already scored against Hibs  😊

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Main target today is to get the winger in and a few off the books, ideally we are pushing for at least 2 in today but we have options after the window for midfielder and right back 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Seem to be plenty ITK posts today, Riccarton leaking like an unsinkable ship that's just clattered into a North Atlantic iceberg

Phil D. Corners
6 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

This tweet is just emblematic of the arrogance of the English. 'despite interest from league 1 clubs' as if its totally inconceivable that he would come to Hearts over some no name 3rd tier side in the arse end of nowhere.

Bit OTT.  We are a championship club right now. 

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Ntcham on loan to Newcastle from Celtic being mooted on sky sports. 

Reports in France that Marseille have put a loan with option to buy offer for Ntcham and that is his preferred destination.  

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

No centre half then? Awesome.

Popescu is the Romanian Maldini mate, no need.

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Seem to be plenty ITK posts today, Riccarton leaking like an unsinkable ship that's just clattered into a North Atlantic iceberg

Tbh names are flying about everywhere...take all with a pinch of salt and see what transpires 😂

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Worth it for the commentary, and there are others, he will do for me I think, RB Salzburg signed him for a fee and he played a decent amount of games, no disgrace to be moved on from there

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

GUess the thinking is we've got at least 5 of Champ quality who will do.  We want to get perfect for that position next season

Halkett

Popescu

Berra

then if need be

Smith (new RB being sought)

Haring (on bench anyway and new CM being sought)

Kingsley (we have White)

Not saying that's overly inspiring but our squad balance has been shocking and I think is being addressed.  No need to bring in a stop-gap, and if who we want isn't available January, we're fine.

RW, RB and perhaps CM, we need more urgently even just for cover and competition.

1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Tbh names are flying about everywhere...take all with a pinch of salt and see what transpires 😂

Deadline day especially we can be looking at a player then 20 minutes later be told he’s not available and already have moved on looking at someone else😂

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Been thinking about this. Bringing in a competitive RB would allow us to move our best centre half to centre half. A good RB allows us to cover both.

Just now, Jamboj1 said:

Deadline day especially we can be looking at a player then 20 minutes later be told he’s not available and already have moved on looking at someone else😂

Pretty much how my days been going so far mate 😂

10 hours ago, Diego10 said:

We've scored 53 goals this season

How many from crosses into the box though? 
Our strikers have to play with their back to goal, generally on their own up top and, invariably come deep looking for the ball.

When supplied from wide Boyce will score even more than he is.

It’s one of the most frustrating things about being a Jambo that we sign players and don’t play to their strengths, particularly strikers. Nando also looks like he’ll thrive from good crosses 
If the midfield/winger issues are addressed this window could be a good couple of months

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Worth it for the commentary, and there are others, he will do for me I think, RB Salzburg signed him for a fee and he played a decent amount of games, no disgrace to be moved on from there

Total nonsense - didn't even mentioned the top 90!!!  Poor show.

1 minute ago, Cigaro said:

Been thinking about this. Bringing in a competitive RB would allow us to move our best centre half to centre half. A good RB allows us to cover both.

This is my thinking. Also will we see Soapy this season or is it written off for him

49 minutes ago, brux said:

Michael cunninghan is a dundee player on loan, doubtful we are in for him

Wasn't suggesting just laughing at the stated date of birth

Just now, Jamhammer said:

This is my thinking. Also will we see Soapy this season or is it written off for him

Think the chat was they won't push him so aiming for a full preseason for him all being well.

Just now, TheBigO said:

Think the chat was they won't push him so aiming for a full preseason for him all being well.

Be like signing a new player, again.

imagine an injury free season for him

2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Be like signing a new player, again.

imagine an injury free season for him

Everything crossed.  He's a huge talent.

Guys like McKenna and Porteous being heralded.  If Soapy had stayed fit, he'd be a different league to folk like that.

If my Aunty had baws n aw that

Edited by TheBigO

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

8 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Pretty much how my days been going so far mate 😂

That's the great thing about it, more random the better for me :)

You'd think if Coventry wanted shot of this boy it'll be an end of season loan with the options to extend for 12 months to see out his contract - if they want shot. Or a small fee to purchase if we did want him - based on how he performs. If he's absolutely pony we can always cut our losses I suppose.

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Everything crossed.  He's a huge talent.

Guys like McKenna and Porteous being heralded.  If Soapy had stayed fit, he'd be a different league to folk like that.

If my Aunty had baws n aw that

Yeah. Hopefully not a career ruined by injury like Craig Levein and Alan McLaren.

16 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Think we'll manage with what we have till end of the season. Be more worried if we weren't looking at others on pres for next season - which I imagine we will be. Findlay in and Soapy hopefully comes back fit and ready to go. Berra will venture off. Be well stocked if that was the eventuality.

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

That's the great thing about it, more random the better for me :)

Agreed the thiam deal last January was on and off about 30 times throughout the day 

Just now, Ccjambo1874 said:

Think we'll manage with what we have till end of the season. Be more worried if we weren't looking at others on pres for next season - which I imagine we will be. Findlay in and Soapy hopefully comes back fit and ready to go. Berra will venture off. Be well stocked if that was the eventuality.

Also the right midfield will take some of the pressure off the defence when we play against teams who press

We don’t need a centre half. Halkett and Popescu are fine at this level. Findlay for next season is ideal. We also have Smith and Haring who can play there. If Smith needs to play CB, we need cover. Hence the need for a RB. 

2 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

We don’t need a centre half. Halkett and Popescu are fine at this level. Findlay for next season is ideal. We also have Smith and Haring who can play there. If Smith needs to play CB, we need cover. Hence the need for a RB. 

Yep unless we are pushing the boat out for a player who will be a starter next season I’d leave the CB position alone. Deffo a RB, CM and a winger more important at the moment. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Could be Titanic news incoming then

More likely we will rearrange some deckchairs

Just now, Sir Gio said:

More likely we will rearrange some deckchairs

Just like all clubs in these transfer windows. Just some allegedly have bigger chairs than others.

Winger, CM, RB... a good attacking RB would solve all 3

RB obviously. Winger by being threat in wide areas. If was really good could even play there with Smith RB

Then Smith plays CM

Lets see what happens. Definitely not convinced about bringing in a 10/attacking mid

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Agreed the thiam deal last January was on and off about 30 times throughout the day 

Pity the Langer and Donis deals weren't just off :)

Phil D. Corners
4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Yep unless we are pushing the boat out for a player who will be a starter next season I’d leave the CB position alone. Deffo a RB, CM and a winger more important at the moment. 

Defo need Center backs for next season. But think the current squad can get buy this season as much as I would like improvement. 

4 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Winger, CM, RB... a good attacking RB would solve all 3

RB obviously. Winger by being threat in wide areas. If was really good could even play there with Smith RB

Then Smith plays CM

Lets see what happens. Definitely not convinced about bringing in a 10/attacking mid

Yeah I doubt BA is right about attacking mid, well not in the sense of a number 10 or Olly Lee type who can only fulfil that role.  I'd be hugely surprised if we weren't looking for someone who's a bit of an all rounder.  Someone who basically gets stuck in and can drive forward.  We need that way more than someone who is primarily attack focused.

2 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Messi is over 30.

Would you rule him out.

It would be a matter of weeks before we had the topic "are we better without Messi?"

35 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Did you not say yesterday we had two just about over the line?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

10.33 on my laptop, clock is ticking, need an announcement! So we can rip the proverbials out of whoever the poor sucker is

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Did you not say yesterday we had two just about over the line?

Yes, winger and midfielder 👍🏻 “Just about” key words. Also posted this morning winger is the main target today and we have a back up midfielder and defender who are free agents if we can’t get a deal over the line today 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Famous 1874 said:

Players aged between 20-24 please, unless they are stopgaps

In high demand and usually pricy, but nice to have

44 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Is that a beer belly?  Looks like Charlie Adams.

1 minute ago, Jamboj1 said:

Yes, winger and midfielder 👍🏻 “Just about” key words. Also posted this morning winger is the main target today and we have a back up midfielder and defender who are free agents if we can’t get a deal over the line today 

Going to be a long day then.

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )