January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

3 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

The Facebook rumours come off as a group of his pals or some big in joke.

I'd be surprised if we sign him. 

Yeah will only be signing a striker if it’s one we can’t refuse, Neilson is happy with our current options. Winger midfielder and defender the priority 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

The Blair Henderson striker post on Facebook is a windup btw lads. As was the Kane Hester one😂😂 Hearts aren’t signing league two shite 

At least we know where the “ITK crew” are getting their info. 

It’s very clear which posters are properly connected this window. 

8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Neilson would likely have been manager when Frear had a good spell at Motherwell. Probably stuck, just not the standard, but this year was always going to be a different one a League down 

I don’t mind the frear signing personally was risk free in my eyes, was always only meant to be coming in as cover its roberts who has been the let down 

2 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

I don’t mind the frear signing personally was risk free in my eyes, was always only meant to be coming in as cover its roberts who has been the let down 

Frear has apparently had some family issues. Great goal at Alloa (Roberts involved in the build up...) but I've no idea if they've been affecting his form

20 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

half the board moaning about Aberdeen getting £2m for cosgrove, and hibs £3m for nisbet

reality is - Joe Savage deserves our trust. 

the end

If anyone can bring us in valued signings, I'm sure Joe savage would,  he will know players who would make it up here at hearts,  he will be mentioning names around to Robbie and his team,but while down here in championship, with a wee bit to go,    decisions will be made when we're finally up again, it's not a long season we've got and I'm sure there's a few names being brought up just now, I think we will bring a couple of  astute signings in sooner than later along with our recent two , here's hoping 👍🇶🇦🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Blair sounds like good backup for Armand.   I am not disheartened by it at all.   What is important for players such as them is the delivery into the box or direct onto the head.  

17 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

At least we know where the “ITK crew” are getting their info. 

It’s very clear which posters are properly connected this window. 

Who said he's signing like? 

jamboinglasgow
14 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Frear was a signing of circumstance I feel, Robbie talked about needing wingers and going to be in the championship we limits our options. Frear has experience of playing in Scotland and done ok so made sense for a 1 year deal in the Championship.

10 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Blair sounds like good backup for Armand.   I am not disheartened by it at all.   What is important for players such as them is the delivery into the box or direct onto the head.  

Which we hardly ever do.

Need a striker who can pick ball up on half way line and do it all himself cos they’ll get zero service from our midfield 

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Which we hardly ever do.

Need a striker who can pick ball up on half way line and do it all himself cos they’ll get zero service from our midfield 

We've scored 53 goals this season

Just now, Diego10 said:

We've scored 53 goals this season

We’ve scored more goals in the league this season than we had last time we were in the Championship. 

3 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

We’ve scored more goals in the league this season than we had last time we were in the Championship. 

Indeed.  The failings of the midfield have largely been defensive when teams have played at a high tempo.  We've probably missed 30 great chances as well as scoring so many

Henderson was on trial at Hearts a few years ago. Played a few games for the 20s at Nitten. Big lump of a boy, wasn’t up to it then but no doubting his record for Edinburgh City. 

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Made a pretty big impact in December. Had a poor month but a very effective one just the month before. 

Just the latest target in Salem

Fair. Let’s hope we see him impacting games again soon then. 

52 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

The Blair Henderson striker post on Facebook is a windup btw lads. As was the Kane Hester one😂😂 Hearts aren’t signing league two shite 

Aye the boy making them up was sharing the stories on there before posting them on Facebook 😂

7 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It’s quite frankly despicable that we haven’t signed anyone on deadline day yet to be honest...

Savage out!

RustyRightPeg
31 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Why do you think that?

Think? I know. We have more pressing issues to fill, I.e. our shortage at the other end of the pitch and in centre midfield. 

Really hope we can announce our pre-contract signings soon if we get any, will be bloody agony waiting for the identity of our future players, particularly on kickback :lol:

1 hour ago, Abiola Dauda said:

He has an incredible scoring record but playing part time at City has suited him - I think he is an accountant so would probably take an overall pay cut to take a step up to someone like Dunfermline.  Similarly story with Rory Mccalister who turned down going pro with Inverness. 

I would have taken a punt on Henderson two years ago but he's 26 now. 

Yeah, been well discussed that he plays at that level through choice although would think he would have to take the chance if we went for him.

Watched quite a bit of him and not sure if he is good enough to make a big impact with us but an interesting one and decent option to come off the bench. Would certainly give us another goalscoring option without needing to break the bank.

We could maybe let City have a couple of players on loan. Would be a good fit for McGill IMO.

Edit - having made it to the end of the thread can see the rumour looks like nonsense. Really would have been a left field punt.

Edited by Hungry hippo

5 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Savage out!

Ohhhhh yeeeaaahhh!

Sorry, thought you were referring to the Macho Man Randy Savage...

:look:

Just now, Barack said:

I'm not in the know. 

Make of that what you will.

Trust this guy whenever he posts, great news if true imo

1 minute ago, Barack said:

I'm not in the know. 

Make of that what you will.

Thanks anyway, keep sharing because we all love news, good or bad

Just now, Barack said:

Oh, and do grown men over 30, still use Facebook?

Is that still a thing, aye...?

I think Facebook is pretty much only the over 30s these days

I am expecting to be disappointed in 24hrs, we’ve not had a great deadline day for a long time. Was hoping for more throughout the window. But don’t expect a massive amount to happen on the last day. Hope I’m wrong and we get 2 or 3 in

Can we sign loan players from the top flight outside the window? Definitely used to be able to.

If we are looking pre-contacts for premiership players it might run into the rest of the week followed by a loan until the end of the season.

1 minute ago, Bunny Munro said:

Can we sign loan players from the top flight outside the window? Definitely used to be able to.

If we are looking pre-contacts for premiership players it might run into the rest of the week followed by a loan until the end of the season.

You can only sign unattached players outside the window. 

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I'll start with the caveat that I'm not sure if there has been any recent rule changes but I believe teams below the Scottish Premiership can still sign players on emergency loans outwith transfer windows.

Emergency loans have always been a misnomer as you don't need to have an injury crisis or anything like that and areare available to all. The loans need to be between 1 and 3 months.

17 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

There used to be a rule where you could sign players on loan from within the same FA provided they were moving down leagues. 

Doesn't normally effect us much as we're normally in the top flight.

Hibs used it to sign Commons (16th Dec) and Ambrose (28th Feb) from Celtic.

Edited by Bunny Munro

5 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

There used to be a rule where you could sign players on loan from within the same FA provided they were moving down leagues. 

Doesn't normally effect us much as we're normally in the top flight.

Hibs used it to sign Commons (16th Dec) and Ambrose (28th Feb) from Celtic.

How long ago was that?

50 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

https://spfl.co.uk/news/loan-regulations-amended-for-202021

This article indicates special dispensation this season for Championship clubs to sign players on loan in February.

Having said that I expect we'll be looking to get our transfer business concluded tomorrow.

Neilson isn’t averse to an out of contract player (Djoum and I think Pallardo was too) getting signed. Think someone else mentioned Savage said it may be possible too. Think players have to be out of contract before the window closes though, you usually see a few mutual consent contract terminations happen on the last day of the window. Might even see it with some of ours if they can’t find clubs wanting them.

Well todays the day, going to be more movement in and out the door than we have seen in years.

I don't have a clue about any of them but looking forward to this deadline day more than I have any in a long while.

Edited by steve123

Phil D. Corners
24 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Well todays the day, going to be more movement in and out the door than we have seen in years.

I don't have a clue about any of them but looking forward to this deadline day more than I have any in a long while.

I remember being super excited last year. Stendal was in charge, we were linked with some interesting players, a small run would propel us up to top 6. 

🙄 🤦‍♂️

However I’m still positive and just as excited this year. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

I remember being super excited last year. Stendal was in charge, we were linked with some interesting players, a small run would propel us up to top 6. 

🙄 🤦‍♂️

However I’m still positive and just as excited this year. :lol:

Ohhh I know probably setting myself up for a disappointing day but I am going to start the day positive 😄

8 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Blair Henderson?

Surely not, I watched Ed City quite a few times over the last 2/3 years...doesn’t look anywhere near good enough for this league never mind the one above!

3 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Anything interesting in there?

Says I've reached my limit of their articles.

Nothing really. Just ideally signing 3 positions today but can be done later for players out of contracts and loans etc

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )