January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

colinmorewasgash
3 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Liam Lindsay a name mentioned on here, apparently on Hibs radar especially if porteous is sold

Does jack ross just read kickback for any name we mention.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

colinmorewasgash
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Dunfermline are favourites to land Craig Wighton from Hearts, Scott Burns writes.

The frontman looks set to make the switch to their Championship promotion rivals for the season.

Wighton had started the season in Robbie Neilson’s team but has fallen down the Tynecastle order pecking order.

The Pars are now looking to close a loan deal after their Tynecastle defeat today.

Wighton was also wanted by Hamilton and Arbroath but looks set for East End Park.

Hearts are prepared to sanction the deal after moving 12 points clear of Dunfermline and the chasing pack in the Championship.

Why do we always let players go then end up fannying abt on last day and if we get nobody squad is weakened. I hope Joe is on the ball.

colinmorewasgash
1 hour ago, Manny1874 said:

This is absolutely bizarre decision making from Hearts if this goes through. 

If and its a big if, it bites us on the backside and somehow they claw back our advantage this place will be fun.

1 minute ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Why do we always let players go then end up fannying abt on last day and if we get nobody squad is weakened. I hope Joe is on the ball.

Or we let players go on the last day once we are comfortable with the squad we will have available.

1 hour ago, Manny1874 said:

Instant ban mods 🙃, honestly bizarre a lot of folk on here...you think you've heard it all, but erm, no it appears!!!!

WheatfieldWarrior
4 hours ago, colinmorewasgash said:

We have 3 fit CFs + Naismith now so should be fine.  13 games to play + the cup if I am reading things correctly. 

See he’s been mentioned a few times on here already but Findlay is defo a player we have interest in, fits neilsons ideal ability’s in the centre back we are looking for (left footed, composed and decent in the air) to play beside Halkett/souttar. Unsure if we will be able to get him this window hoping being managerless may help us in that sense but defo one to watch next few months if not  👍🏻

2 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Apparently back looking for another right back, I wonder if he will go for O'donnell 

👍🏻You’ve got to think we will enquire at least. Seems a really obvious target. Especially given Brandon injury. 

Big 48 hours incoming.

I'm glad that Joe and Robbie seem to be building for next year and only signing guys who will markedly improve us.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

See he’s been mentioned a few times on here already but Findlay is defo a player we have interest in, fits neilsons ideal ability’s in the centre back we are looking for (left footed, composed and decent in the air) to play beside Halkett/souttar. Unsure if we will be able to get him this window hoping being managerless may help us in that sense but defo one to watch next few months if not  👍🏻

Good news and you even got up at 4 in the morning to tell us :)

Any mileage in Campbell or wishful thinking?

1 hour ago, steve123 said:

Apparently back looking for another right back, I wonder if he will go for O'donnell 

Would have thought he would have signed on until end of season with Well by now. 

So tomorrow we're looking for 

A RB to provide cover for Smith 

A winger since Gino is out for the rest of the season 

A striker to provide backup assuming wighton goes ?

CB and CM to wait until the summer.

Did I miss anything?

6 minutes ago, Mirror said:

Did I miss anything?

I think we are after a CM rather than a striker, may well be wrong and go for both but that would be a busy day.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Ross Stewart away to Sunderland 

Happy to predict that his scoring rate in L1 won’t be close to that of Gnando!!!

33 minutes ago, Mirror said:

Did I miss anything?

I honestly don’t think we now need to be bringing in anyone. The league is almost done and any injuries we get can be covered by giving the younger players a run out in the team. Any work on transfers should be focused on moving a couple out and pre contracts for next season. 

Gimme an H...
10 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

I honestly don’t think we now need to be bringing in anyone. The league is almost done and any injuries we get can be covered by giving the younger players a run out in the team. Any work on transfers should be focused on moving a couple out and pre contracts for next season. 

The league is not "done". We're 12 ahead with Raith having 2 games in hand. They win those and all of a sudden they're 6 behind and it's squeeky bum time when we put in another one of our 'Raith away' performances.

Our team currently isn't playing well enough consistently to be able to rely on our unproven youngsters. 

(just read you said "nearly done" but points still stand) *

Edited by Gimme an H...

9 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

I’m with you on this. We still have a big squad and need to either get rid of some or see what some of the younger ones can do. Pre-contracts are the way to go this summer due to Covid. There are a lot of good players out there who will become available. We don’t need to panic buy 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
10 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

😂 you actually think dufc are still a threat? Or that Wighton is good? If Turner is part of the deal it’s a no brainer

Turner a no brainer based on what? The fact he had a good game against us?

I've only seen him play against us (as I would imagine many others calling for his signing have) so I don't know how good he actually is but it certainly doesn't scream "no brainer" to me.

Berra than you
5 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

I’m with you on this. We still have a big squad and need to either get rid of some or see what some of the younger ones can do. Pre-contracts are the way to go this summer due to Covid. There are a lot of good players out there who will become available. We don’t need to panic buy 

I don't think we do have a particularly big squad at the moment. Whilst I agree that we probably need to move some on before bringing others in our squad is a normal size. Just checked and we have a squad of 27. From that 27, 3 are our for the season (Souttar, Brandon, Ginnelly) and three are extremely out of favour and unlikely to even make a bench (Wighton, damour, Moore). Parking those three just now with the injuries we have a pool of 24 for 18 places. Don't think that's excessive and a couple more wouldn't hurt. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

I've only seen him play against us (as I would imagine many others calling for his signing have) so I don't know how good he actually is but it certainly doesn't scream "no brainer" to me.

Texting pars pal about him right now.  Said he can run all day and decent enough on the ball but lightweight and not a defensive player in any way. 

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

I’ve been impressed with him - I like his energy and running, that aside I’ll confess I have seen to much of the lad but I understood a few clubs are interested including the sheep. 

even if not, I’m not concerned about getting Wighton off the wage bill. 

27 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

I agree to an extent and it'd be great to see maybe McGill, Smith, Logan etc get some mins (wld mean cutting short loans but those leagues... well, when they playing??)

BUT... if we can secure players now we really want, we should do it. If we can get the likes of Findlay or Campbell and bring them in now rather than summer. Totally go for it, no?

I guess the point is that signings should be aimed at next season/definite improvement.

That all said, if there's the likes of a loan of some wonder kid speed demon til end of season, fair enough I guess. Just hope we don't bring someone in simply cos they're a winger and available. No Amankwaas please.

LarrysRightFoot
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Texting pars pal about him right now.  Said he can run all day and decent enough on the ball but lightweight and not a defensive player in any way. 

The Par I know - who told me Turner and Murray were linked with Aberdeen - says Turner has had a few good games but he isn’t sure he could cut it at a higher level. He didn’t expand upon it. 

35 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Most of younger guys are out on loans for rest of season. Hamilton, Cochrane, Logan, Smith. Unless loans are cancelled which would mean only football they get would be the odd first team game. 

12 hours ago, Manny1874 said:

sid.png.56ec99cc7dd93ec669bb6ec271f82c81.pngabsolutely bizarre we paid money for him in the first place

Edited by Hearts007

Just now, Baxfee said:

There's only one area of the team that needs strengthened...central defence. Popescu seems fine on the right side and Halkett will cover for Berra at the moment but if either of those two get injured then our defence, the weakest part of the team will be under pressure on the road out of the season. It's a priority for me to get this sorted. There are enough midfielders at the club to pick from and if they can't get a tune out of those ones then they'll be on their bikes come summer. We've enough upfront at the moment but it will be a priority in the summer to sort that out. At this moment though, defender in and we'll be good to go on the downturn of 20/21 to summer.

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Most of younger guys are out on loans for rest of season. Hamilton, Cochrane, Logan, Smith. Unless loans are cancelled which would mean only football they get would be the odd first team game. 

None of them are playing at the moment anyway so I shouldn’t think it would be hard to bring a couple back to supplement the squad with a view to giving them a chance. As someone else said signings should only be about next season and at the moment we don’t know if fans will be allowed back into grounds yet and if not clubs will be looking to trim outgoings/ players more, possibly including ourselves. 

5 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

See he’s been mentioned a few times on here already but Findlay is defo a player we have interest in, fits neilsons ideal ability’s in the centre back we are looking for (left footed, composed and decent in the air) to play beside Halkett /souttar. Unsure if we will be able to get him this window hoping being managerless may help us in that sense but defo one to watch next few months if not  👍🏻

Mmm maybe add Naismith as part of the deal there chairman maybe think Stevie as manager stranger things have happened.

13 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Wonder if we'll go for Thomas Robert now Ginnelly is injured.🤷‍♂️

Hope so, seems to have quite big potential

18 minutes ago, jambonian said:

There's only one area of the team that needs strengthened...central defence. Popescu seems fine on the right side and Halkett will cover for Berra at the moment but if either of those two get injured then our defence, the weakest part of the team will be under pressure on the road out of the season. It's a priority for me to get this sorted. There are enough midfielders at the club to pick from and if they can't get a tune out of those ones then they'll be on their bikes come summer. We've enough upfront at the moment but it will be a priority in the summer to sort that out. At this moment though, defender in and we'll be good to go on the downturn of 20/21 to summer.

Sorry defence is constantly exposed because of the midfield .

As I said before we need a Haring type [fit Haring preferably] or , at the very least a decent hammer thrower

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Good news and you even got up at 4 in the morning to tell us :)

Any mileage in Campbell or wishful thinking?

Not heard anything about him recently mate,Mentioned before we want him but it will be a very difficult deal, I would be pleasantly surprised if it was him this window that’s for sure 

40 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Turner of Dunfy not quoted yesterday coz he was suspended for fighting at training.

Yup. Bragging about singing a pre-contract with us. Didnt go down well with Don Thomas 

Ford Prentice
6 minutes ago, Abiola Dauda said:

Yup. Bragging about singing a pre-contract with us. Didnt go down well with Don Thomas 

A man of many talents. Would he go straight into the Hearts' choir or need to show up well in vocal training.

1 minute ago, Ford Prentice said:

A man of many talents. Would he go straight into the Hearts' choir or need to show up well in vocal training.

Haha *signing

How on earth is Cosgrove worth £2m??

Aberdeen have been a selling club for quite a few years now!

I think Hearts are doing better work in the signing department, let's hope we get a couple more in!

1 hour ago, Gimme an H... said:

The league is not "done". We're 12 ahead with Raith having 2 games in hand. They win those and all of a sudden they're 6 behind and it's squeeky bum time when we put in another one of our 'Raith away' performances.

Our team currently isn't playing well enough consistently to be able to rely on our unproven youngsters. 

We were lucky to get a win yesterday and Dunfermline probably had the better chances and should have scored a couple but for a couple of great saves from Gordon.

It seems to be the case that we can't put together more than one good performance after another. We played really well on Tuesday but were not great yesterday and that seems to be the story of our season so far.

We have manged to grind out wins though when not playing that well which is a good thing but like you I feel this league is far from "done".

Ayr had a good win yesterday and will be confident going into our game and if we turn up and play as we did against Raith than we will win but we all know what Hearts are like. Will we turn up or have another Dundee type performance?

Much will depend on who we sign this window and getting Armand fully fit so he can play for longer.

One good thing is that we have had two clean sheets this week which is good news especially against two of our closest challengers.

Weakened Offender
39 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I think we will sign another CB however both Smith and Kingsley can cover there if need be. Haring too. 

18 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Sorry defence is constantly exposed because of the midfield .

As I said before we need a Haring type [fit Haring preferably] or , at the very least a decent hammer thrower

I don't buy this constantly exposed by the midfield inadequacy, the last 2 games - Raith away ZERO shot at goal

Pars home 4 shots on target, we had double that nearly.

I agree halliday isn't the answer, but he will get us over the line for this season so we don't need to panic buy in january

mickycameron98
1 hour ago, Gimme an H... said:

Squeaky bum time If Raith get to within 6 points? 😂😂. Have some faith mate

Berra than you
2 minutes ago, brux said:

I don't buy this constantly exposed by the midfield inadequacy, the last 2 games - Raith away ZERO shot at goal

I agree halliday isn't the answer, but he will get us over the line for this season so we don't need to panic buy in january

Tbf I think there has been a marked change in the last two games. Previous games I think the midfield and defence have not covered themselves in glory. Swapping out Berra and having a settled midfield seems to be helping.

3 minutes ago, brux said:

Didn't see yesterday's game but , as far as I know , our defence was left exposed a few times . I think it is a flaw in the balance of the squad . Would be exposed more next season . Though I suspect it will be fixed by then

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )