January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

Neil Dongcaster
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Since we gave someone the SD job who has a great knowledge of the lower leagues in England, and the wage cap in L1&2, and Brexit, we were always likely to signing players from down there for the next while anyway. 

Great market for us.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

My pal just called. A huge Walsall fan and says our offer has been rejected(maybe old news?). Says he's a big unit but can't jump. Good at holding the ball up and can dribble. Says Gordon is the guy to go for (no idea what his contract situation is)

2 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

Apparently Walsall have refused us permission to talk to player

That’s not right. We don’t need permission. Possibly we’ve made an offer which they rejected but they can’t stop us talking to him or signing him on a pre contract agreement

4 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

Apparently Walsall have refused us permission to talk to player

He’s free to talk to other clubs as contract up in summer no?

34 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

"A Levein type signing"

Yes, Levein is the only manager in football to sign tall strikers.

Any chance we can look forwards and not backwards?

Indeed. That bloody Joe Jordan's got a lot to answer for!

19 minutes ago, David Black said:

For the last few years many on here have rightly complained that we do not use the lower English leagues for signings, sighting Motherwell and Aberdeen as the prime examples. Now we are doing what they complained about and they are complaining. Unreal.

is it the actual same posters though? (don't know so genuine question)

52 minutes ago, Homme said:

May as well send Ginnelly back to England's lower leagues too. 

Exactly - one or two on here with the mindset that they want the players we sign to fail.  

Edited by Deevers

New signings have always excited me, some work out some not, that's football. Hope we sign the lad and hope is a success. If he pulls on the maroon and gives 100% he will get my and most Hearts fans backing. Sadly there are a few that would rather he flopped, strange people and best ignored.

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Have you actually verified that? Sure I know one.

Theres the Anuoluwapo Oluwaferanmi Oluwatomi Oluwalanas Ayomikulehin Adebayos fi Tranent.

Not sure if they have an Elijah mind.

😄

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Decent watch

A 6-yard box striker, which we are crying out for.

I have posted many times that I thought Boyce would be this, but he wants to be involve Harry Kane style.

Exactly what I see. Jane has dropped very deep this year and Boyce seems to be playing deeper and trying too hard/be clever which involves him losing the ball. I would rather he did a one touch lay off and turned to run behind and be in the box but he doesn't. Neilson seems to have identified that too so fingers crossed it we get this lad it allows Boyce to be more prolific in and around the box. 

Horatio Caine
2 hours ago, jamle1874 said:

Here’s link to the boys goals upto date had to do it on google drive as YouTube takes it down for copyright

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xZ74FyISn9ypmnL-aGA5wmZ3QQTaVs74/view?usp=drivesdk

Hmm...seems to spend all his time lurking around their opponents' six yard box pouncing on chances and scoring goals.  But where are his defensive qualities??  Aha!  You see?  Not good enough for Hearts.

::troll::

2 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Surely if a player is out of contract at the end of the season they are free to speak to whoever they like about a new deal after their existing contract expires.

Do the rules not state that you can sign a pre contract agreement in January?

I wonder if this article is about us wanting to take him now for a fee? and this is what they are refusing.?

1 hour ago, Kyle1874 said:

Might as well the boy can’t get a game for Preston so obviously not good enough for us 

people need to calm down boy might be good might not thats the same for everybody when getting players look at Duffy at Celtic I thought that was a really good player and what they needed and he’s been a complete huddy 

I thought they'd done well to sign Duffy and was surprised he was moving to Celtic (other than the fact that he's a supporter). 

But aye, he's dire. 

5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Surely if a player is out of contract at the end of the season they are free to speak to whoever they like about a new deal after their existing contract expires.

Do the rules not state that you can sign a pre contract agreement in January?

I wonder if this article is about us wanting to take him now for a fee? and this is what they are refusing.?

We could get him on a pre-contract now aye, but he wouldn't join up with the squad until the summer. If we want him now, we'll have to pay some kind of fee. Assuming that's what's been rejected (if it has).

Edited by Batistuta87

Florian Kamberi set to leave St Galian after 6-months according to EEN

Always thought he was decent, knows the Scottish game....Worth a punt?

Edited by Hashimoto

4 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

:lol:

Watching these days the only people who hear my pish are my wife and daughter.  

Just as well too. 

:D My Mrs just looks at me and

:wtf:  :wtfvlad:

::facepaw::

3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I thought they'd done well to sign Duffy and was surprised he was moving to Celtic (other than the fact that he's a supporter). 

But aye, he's dire. 

A know mate just shows every transfer is a risk just some are more calculated 

4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

We could get him on a pre-contract now aye, but he wouldn't join up with the squad until the summer. If we want him now, we'll have to pay some kind of fee. Assuming that's what's been rejected (if it has).

Yes that is basically what I said in my last sentence.

The guy writing the article said we had been knocked back but never said if we are trying to sign him now which presumably we are.

It could just be their way of trying to get us to come back offering a decent fee to get him now.

Although they are saying they have their sights on promotion and want to keep him. If that is the case then why don't they make him a new contract offer to keep him?

Neil Dongcaster
7 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Wouldn’t be much of a punt to be fair. Hates Hibs as well so yes please.

Ex member of the SaS

I find it strange people are slagging off the English lower leagues as if we are playing in the EPL or Serie A. Give the guy a chance. We need more players in the box when we have the ball, and he fits the bill, as he seems to be able to read the game.

46 minutes ago, Maroonjam said:

Exactly what I see. Jane has dropped very deep this year and Boyce seems to be playing deeper and trying too hard/be clever which involves him losing the ball. I would rather he did a one touch lay off and turned to run behind and be in the box but he doesn't. Neilson seems to have identified that too so fingers crossed it we get this lad it allows Boyce to be more prolific in and around the box. 

Me Tarzan; who Jane???   :huh:

The Future's Maroon
1 minute ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Me Tarzan; who Jane???   :huh:

😂😂

Puzzled me too

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

na he’s lazy. Had a poor attitude- good ability but turned up when he felt like it

haveyouheard1874

Great attitude from the Walsall fans IMHO. Easy to have a pop at a  Scottish Championship team but they realise we are a huge club and accepting they might lose him

14 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

I think it is more Lennon he hates.

Neil Dongcaster
Just now, wavydavy said:

I think it is more Lennon he hates.

I thought he totally shat on them afte the left. Boyce is far better but Kamberi would be better than Wighton. Infact, you would probably be better than Wighton Davy.

I'm not judging the guy at all. Sick of seeing random no marks coming up here and bossing it for other teams...I can't recall the last time we had one, Sow?

Looks a solid player IMO, not in the Stockton mould that's for sure.

2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Tell you what, for a big guy most of his goals are poacher type ones which is a good thing along with j his strength and power to create for others. 

Also a good age, hopefully he comes in and pushes on. My only worry is that the refs in Scotland treat him as badly as the did Uche. 

bobby bombscare
7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

na he’s lazy. Had a poor attitude- good ability but turned up when he felt like it

He seems to have caused issues in the dressing room at every club he has been at. I think with the team atmosphere that RN is trying to build just now (as many of the players have said), that's the last thing we need. If we could have him without his off field issues then I'd jump at him. But he'll be lucky to go 6 months without another fall out with the staff/players/fans.

2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Think he looks quite quick for his size. He's got the sort of build that Lukaku had in his West Brom days. 

If he is half as good as Lukaku!!!!!! 

2 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

I thought he totally shat on them afte the left. Boyce is far better but Kamberi would be better than Wighton. Infact, you would probably be better than Wighton Davy.

I think Kamberi is one of those players that has an attitude problem and when he is in the right frame of mind then he is good but more often than not he is not in the right frame of mind.

We can do without those type of players.

As for me being better than Wighton, well maybe forty years ago but I would struggle now. 😍

5 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Walsall have just signed a striker and a midfield player according to Sky News

I read earlier they had taken a midfielder on loan but not about the striker.

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

That’s strange, they paid money for him. 

39 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Wasn't he hanging out the end of that hibs bint that won the lotto? For that alone I'd have him nae where near us.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s strange, they paid money for him. 

Former Rangers and Hibs forward Florian Kamberi is in talks to join VfL Bochum on loan from St Gallen.  

A number of English Championship sides were also interested in the 25-year-old. Bochum are second in Bundesliga 2.

3 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Offer them Wighton in return 

Throw in Roberts as well...very pacy and direct...they'd be robbing us 🙄

7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I read earlier they had taken a midfielder on loan but not about the striker.

Jayden Reid on loan from Birmingham 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Former Rangers and Hibs forward Florian Kamberi is in talks to join VfL Bochum on loan from St Gallen.  

A number of English Championship sides were also interested in the 25-year-old. Bochum are second in Bundesliga 2.

That makes more sense 😆👍🏽

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )