January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

portobellojambo1
28 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think some posters are a bit unfair on Halliday. He’s fairly similar in style to the midfielders we already have and that’s a bit of an issue for me. Halliday himself is an asset but isn’t ‘the answer’ folk were looking for.  

I'm like you, I think Halliday does a decent job for us, and he is another of those players brought up in the OF way, where anything but victory in a game is deemed not good enough. People have used the cup final as an example of him doing nothing more than trying to put Celtic players out of the game. Yet no one has mentioned his performance in the semi final, versus Hibs, where their winger, Martin Boyle, was getting talked up pre match as the main man for them. One massive tackle early on and Halliday took him out of the game completely. Such players can sometimes be described as destroyers, but you tend to find that many teams have a player like that in their side. It leaves the other more skillful players with time and space to do their thing.

Edited by portobellojambo1

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

His passing is absolutely superb. Not just the pass itself but the fact he can see the best pass  in an attacking sense, most of the time. 

Is he getting transferred somewhere?

30 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think some posters are a bit unfair on Halliday. He’s fairly similar in style to the midfielders we already have and that’s a bit of an issue for me. Halliday himself is an asset but isn’t ‘the answer’ folk were looking for.  

Agreed. 

6 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I was quite happy to have Halliday sign up. He gives us the option of defensive midfield or temporary left back if need be. Can hit a ball too as his goals have shown. 

We have had far too many defensive midfielders at the club for too long now. It seems once one goes, another comes in and we repeat the cycle. Bauben, Gomis, Pallardo, Djoum, Adao, Cowie, Kitchen, Tzolis, Grzelak, Nowak, Haring, Halliday, Damour and there's others i've probably forgotten. We have a few to choose from so no need for anymore at the moment. It's attacking midfielders we've been short of, probably since Hartley in fact so leave the DM side for now and find an AM instead. 

Absolutely agree

4 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'm like you, I think Halliday does a decent job for us, and he is another of those players brought up in the OF way, where anything but victory in a game is deemed not good enough. People have used the cup final as an example of him doing nothing more than trying to put Celtic players out of the game. Yet no one has mentioned his performance in the semi final, versus Hibs, where their winger, Martin Boyle, was getting talked up pre match as the main man for them. One massive tackle early on and Halliday took him out of the game completely. Such players can sometimes be described as destroyers, but you tend to find that many teams have a player like that in their side. It leaves the other more skillful players with time and space to do their thing.

Good post. His harrying and aggressive style will be more beneficial in the top flight as well. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
4 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Irving goes missing? 

He’s always looking for the ball? 

That is true. Irving has the most dynamic range of passing at Hearts. He has too many mistakes in his game however and he is weak defensively, but both these things are fixable IMO. He is an exciting future prospect and we should definitely give him a decent contract as he will be a huge asset. Keep

Ollie Lee. For the life of me I don't understand the he is so under appreciated on JKB. For years we have been crying out for someone (or maybe it's just me) who can play killer passes into the feet of our strikers and float inch perfect crosses onto the head of our strikers in front of goal. He does that. He has also cleared out many dangerous balls from our box when we are on the back foot. That said, if we resort to hoofball, as we did against Dundee (to minimise Charlie Adam's influence for example) you may as well take Ollie off. He's no a chase and scrap Braveheart type. Perhaps that's why some people complain. Keep

Halliday. I've been surprised at how good he can be after some iffy games to begin with. He's has some really good games and is always looking to link play in forward areas. I guess, he's what people call a player's player. Very capable deputy at left back too. I can see why any manage would want to keep him. Keep

White. Very dynamic and robust marauding up the left side and can have a big impact on games. Keep

Walker. I've always been a big fan of his as he is a very gifted player when he turns up. Once every four games, however, isn't good enough and, sadly, IMO, it's time to let him go. Bin

...I'll resist going through the rest

A_A wehatethehibs

11 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

He is the best passer of the ball in our midfield by a country mile. 

That doesn’t make him a proven top 3 level midfielder, at all. He had 14 starts under 3 managers and 4 substitute appearances in the premiership. Just 3 of them were wins. 

Irving looks comfortable now in a Hearts shirt at this level, but he has everything to prove IMO. Neilson is helping him to keep feet on the ground and build up his winning mentality. Crucial next season to find the Center mid options to help him and nurture him and take the team up to where it’ll be competitive for 3rd place 

Just now, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

That is true. Irving has the most dynamic range of passing at Hearts. He has too many mistakes in his game however and he is weak defensively, but both these things are fixable IMO. He is an exciting future prospect and we should definitely give him a decent contract as he will be a huge asset. Keep

Ollie Lee. For the life of me I don't understand the he is so under appreciated on JKB. For years we have been crying out for someone (or maybe it's just me) who can play killer passes into the feet of our strikers and float inch perfect crosses onto the head of our strikers in front of goal. He does that. He has also cleared out many dangerous balls from our box when we are on the back foot. That said, if we resort to hoofball, as we did against Dundee (to minimise Charlie Adam's influence for example) you may as well take Ollie off. He's no a chase and scrap Braveheart type. Perhaps that's why some people complain. Keep

Halliday. I've been surprised at how good he can be after some iffy games to begin with. He's has some really good games and is always looking to link play in forward areas. I guess, he's what people call a player's player. Very capable deputy at left back too. I can see why any manage would want to keep him. Keep

White. Very dynamic and robust marauding up the left side and can have a big impact on games. Keep

Walker. I've always been a big fan of his as he is a very gifted player when he turns up. Once every four games, however, isn't good enough and, sadly, IMO, it's time to let him go. Bin

Oh go on, decent analysis so far. Finish it off. 😀

5 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

This is pretty much in line with my own thoughts. Like. 

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah, I like him but he's a bit away from guaranting us 3rd place in the top flight as the original poster declared. 

Has a lot to prove to be at that level consistently. 

Can't disagree but I think the time has come to give him 10-15 game run in 1st XI.

How can he prove anything when he's in and out the team, no matter how well he plays?

This is the perfect chance to get the boy ready to be a mainstay. He's a superb player. I think we should be building around him, honestly. Tell him, your on the team sheet for the next 2 months. This is your chance. If he has a bad game, fine, how does he react next game....

I feel we, and others, protect young players too much. Quite right at 17, but at Andys age, sink or swim. Duncan Goodhew is my guess for Andy.

Mind you it isn't just Andy, for years now we chop and change our team incl formation and style every week, for no good reason half the time. I really hope we get steady tactics and change 1 player a week at most.  And that includes away games. Same setup, same mentality as Tynie.

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

That doesn’t make him a proven top 3 level midfielder, at all. He had 14 starts under 3 managers and 4 substitute appearances in the premiership. Just 3 of them were wins. 

Irving looks comfortable now in a Hearts shirt at this level, but he has everything to prove IMO. Neilson is helping him to keep feet on the ground and build up his winning mentality. Crucial next season to find the Center mid options to help him and nurture him and take the team up to where it’ll be competitive for 3rd place 

As usual, a sensible and accurate post. 

Agreed,Irving has the raw ingredients to be a fine midfielder, however we need players delivering now and next season, in that sense Irving has it all to prove not only at this level but 100% in the top league. 

He should be involved just now, but for me the Halliday and Lee combination, although far from perfect as been the best one for us. 

Irving is hardly strolling this league, never mind having us in the top 3.

As each week goes by, he's less Likley to stay as well imo. 

25 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

To be honest second half cup final he did well too.

My issue with him is he'll be fine in big games, or if we're underdogs.

If we're favourites and should be controlling a game, what does he bring?

Most games so far, for me, I have barely noticed he's playing. He just does affect the game.

Haring, at his best, does the strongman game PLUS is a ball player and drives forward.

My concern with Halliday is accommodating him. To play him, I don't think we can play how I'd certainly want us to.

We'll see. He maybe has more in his locker than we've seen thus far.

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I've started a seperate MF topic so the discussion could go on in a quiet little corner if they so wish.

21 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Is he getting transferred somewhere?

A discussion on the strengths and weaknesses of our current squad is perfectly suitable for the transfer thread. This is especially true given that there is no actual transfer news to discuss and hasn't been for days.

Maybe you could transfer yourself to the thread for whiny, snide remarks if you don't like it.

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Can't disagree but I think the time has come to give him 10-15 game run in 1st XI.

How can he prove anything when he's in and out the team, no matter how well he plays?

This is the perfect chance to get the boy ready to be a mainstay. He's a superb player. I think we should be building around him, honestly. Tell him, your on the team sheet for the next 2 months. This is your chance. If he has a bad game, fine, how does he react next game....

I feel we, and others, protect young players too much. Quite right at 17, but at Andys age, sink or swim. Duncan Goodhew is my guess for Andy.

Mind you it isn't just Andy, for years now we chop and change our team incl formation and style every week, for no good reason half the time. I really hope we get steady tactics and change 1 player a week at most.  And that includes away games. Same setup, same mentality as Tynie.

Good post mate. I totally agree with you about the formation also. It seems to be a RN trait to change the midfield every week. For me, we should have a settled (same) team and formation and let others adapt to our style of play - not the other way around (as a poster above noticed). Consistency only comes with playing the same way with the same personnel (injuries aside.)

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Your first question is easily answered, Robbie will see these players in training and bounce games. 

Superb player? 

A bit OTT for me, play him as part of the squad, no player should be guaranteed a start for 10-15  games. 

Gordon and Smith are a about the only 2 that can say thier performances merit a automatic start place, no one else can imo. 

We've chopped and changed so much for 2/3 years now as not many players have been good enough consistently to merit starting all the time, not to mention injuries. 

I'm not for playing the same players if they aren't getting results / performances just to get consistency of selection. 

Irving is decent and has potential to be better, but superb. Way too much for me. 

A_A wehatethehibs
13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

As usual, a sensible and accurate post. 

Agreed,Irving has the raw ingredients to be a fine midfielder, however we need players delivering now and next season, in that sense Irving has it all to prove not only at this level but 100% in the top league. 

He should be involved just now, but for me the Halliday and Lee combination, although far from perfect as been the best one for us. 

Irving is hardly strolling this league, never mind having us in the top 3.

As each week goes by, he's less Likley to stay as well imo. 

Halliday has 770 minutes lee 700 and Irving 500 so I’ve got absolutely no clue where this “he’s no getting he’s chance” myth has come from. He also missed alloa due to a concussion.

For me as has been said up the thread the diamond is the right option with all 3 of them playing, Walker on the left then Naismith and Boyce up front. Just play all the best players. But Neilson is obviously on his guard against fatigue and injuries so trying to make use of the squaddies where he can. 

I definitely think he will stay, he would be absolutely mad to leave Hearts at the point where we’re kicking back up to the premiership. Unless Rangers or Celtic want him and he fancies the Jason Holt type career? He’s got a brilliant opportunity here to keep doing what he’s doing, and start a real rise to prominence over the next 2 years. 

16 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

To be honest second half cup final he did well too.

My issue with him is he'll be fine in big games, or if we're underdogs.

If we're favourites and should be controlling a game, what does he bring?

Most games so far, for me, I have barely noticed he's playing. He just does affect the game.

Haring, at his best, does the strongman game PLUS is a ball player and drives forward.

My concern with Halliday is accommodating him. To play him, I don't think we can play how I'd certainly want us to.

We'll see. He maybe has more in his locker than we've seen thus far.

That's what you tend to notice about Halliday in the smaller, run of the mill games. 

He is largely anonymous and doesn't have a big influence on these games. 

He shouldn't be dropping his standards just because the opposition is weaker. 

He needs to show far more consistency imo. 

2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

That's what you tend to notice about Halliday in the smaller, run of the mill games. 

He is largely anonymous and doesn't have a big influence on these games. 

He shouldn't be dropping his standards just because the opposition is weaker. 

He needs to show far more consistency imo. 

Not sure he drops his standard as such. I'm not sure those games suit his skill set. And that's a bigger concern

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Halliday has 770 minutes lee 700 and Irving 500 so I’ve got absolutely no clue where this “he’s no getting he’s chance” myth has come from. He also missed alloa due to a concussion.

For me as has been said up the thread the diamond is the right option with all 3 of them playing, Walker on the left then Naismith and Boyce up front. Just play all the best players. But Neilson is obviously on his guard against fatigue and injuries so trying to make use of the squaddies where he can. 

I definitely think he will stay, he would be absolutely mad to leave Hearts at the point where we’re kicking back up to the premiership. Unless Rangers or Celtic want him and he fancies the Jason Holt type career? He’s got a brilliant opportunity here to keep doing what he’s doing, and start a real rise to prominence over the next 2 years. 

Fingers crossed he stays and if becomes half the player Many on here think he is, we'll have a gem. 

Irving on the ball is superb but his defensive positioning and defending needs to improve. That’s why staying at Hearts would be the best thing for him.

Pasquale for King
Just now, KyleLafferty said:

Irving on the ball is superb but his defensive positioning and defending needs to improve. That’s why staying at Hearts would be the best thing for him.

Indeed, that’s stuff you can learn. Being able to not only see a pass and make it is a skill, all our midfielders can do it but don’t do it enough, the runs have to be made though, I’m not sure if they are. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, heartsfc_fan said:

Halliday has done ok. 6/10.

He actually looked decent when he played left back when Kingsley was out.

He looked better there, more time on the ball. We will need a lot more from him centrally whenever we go back up if he’s going to play. 

29 minutes ago, OTT said:

Halliday reminds me a lot of Ian Black. I like what he brings and have high hopes for next season. 

If he turns out to be as useful and effective player as Ian Black, I'll be delighted. Not really seen it so far, but then again Blackie took a wee while to find his form and impose himself on games. Here's hoping...

Our Midfield

Walker - Too slow no energy. End of season departure.

Lee - End of season departure

Halliday - Squad player, one year in Prem then let go. Long term not good enough.

Haring - Breaks my heart but if fitness not reached  end of season departure

Irving - A very good young footballer with room for improvement. Starter every week and keep

Henderson - Must be given game time this season to see if he can justify a contract

Moore - Time to go

Frear - Time to go

Roberts - End of season departure

Enough to get out of Championship but depressing reading.

Halliday is a handy player to have as he can adequately fill in at left back and offer a lot in possession and on the attack. 

Anyway, what is the latest on our search for a big targetman striker, anyone? 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
33 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Oh go on, decent analysis so far. Finish it off. 😀

:smiley2: ok

Smith. No debate. Keep

Kingsley. No-brainer. The best left back we've had (Hickey excepted) since Fyssas and Trigger. Correction, only proper left back since then. To get all Jerry Maguire about it, along with Smith, from a fullback perspective, he completes us :smiley2: Sign him uppp!!! Keep

Berra.  Unfairly treated by Stendel but he did spot Berra's weakness when the ball is played in behind. Berra was awesome when he first returned but, sadly, on his way out and will not last another season. We need a very good replacement and, for me, Declan Gallagher is the obvious choice given his experience alongside Halkett. Bin (transition out in other words)

Halkett. Very influential, strong, can carry the ball out of defence with ease and play excellent forward passes. Last season and in some games this season, however, his weaknesses have been exposed. Similar to Berra, in that a ball over the top is a risk and he doesn't cope well with set piece delivery into our box. If we replace Berra with someone who can dominate the box at set pieces then he is fine. Keep

Smith. No debate. Keep

Haring. As another poster has said, he's clearly not match fit and it really showed against Dundee. When he is fit, he plays his best game sitting in front of the back four (or three). That said, I'm confused by Robbie's comments yesterday about his ideal set up for Hearts (which looks like a 442) as I can't see him in a midfield pair with wingers either side. No matter, it's a definite keep 

Naismith. He is a winner. Hungry and always looking for every scrap of marginal gain from himself and everyone round about him. He has vision and skill. Tremendous influence on young players. But. As he has acknowledges himself, he is in his twilight years and needs games to stay match fit and retain intensity. If he gets that, which is no certainty these days, he has one more season in him before hanging up the boots. Keep

Boyce. Struggling a bit to find the net. He is scoring but would expect to get more at this level. He is brilliant at linking play and bringing others into play. You can see the effort he is putting in, so, for me, it's just about confidence in front of goal and that will return. Keep

Wighton. pleasantly surprised by him this season. He bulked up and has worked his ass off. Just wish he had more of a killer instinct in the box and more shots on target. Not sure he will be a regular starter but definately capable of making a difference from the bench. His hunger and application have persuaded me. Keep 

Ginelly.  Only winger Robbie signed that looks the part. Fitness issues are a worry but a quality winger that can change games. Keep

Henderson. He has skills and effort but doesn't score goals. Bin

Moore. I like him but don't think Robbie does. Bin

Roberts. Doesn't seem to fit into any team shape. there's something there but definitely not up to Hearts standard. Bin

Frear. Never a pro footballer. Looks scared and lost half the time. Makes too many rookie errors that sucks the life out of proper footballers, with only fleeting bits of good play. Definite Bin

What next?  Signing a top striker, Declan Gallagher and two top midfielders, as Robbie said a playmaker and a ball winner, would transform us into a top four SPFL standard. As ever, wishful thinking to achieve the complete jigsaw puzzle, but, there you go. Hearts always!

2 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

:smiley2: ok

Smith. No debate. Keep

Kingsley. No-brainer. The best left back we've had (Hickey excepted) since Fyssas and Trigger. Correction, only proper left back since then. To get all Jerry Maguire about it, along with Smith, from a fullback perspective, he completes us :smiley2: Sign him uppp!!! Keep

Berra.  Unfairly treated by Stendel but he did spot Berra's weakness when the ball is played in behind. Berra was awesome when he first returned but, sadly, on his way out and will not last another season. We need a very good replacement and, for me, Declan Gallagher is the obvious choice given his experience alongside Halkett. Bin (transition out in other words)

Halkett. Very influential, strong, can carry the ball out of defence with ease and play excellent forward passes. Last season and in some games this season, however, his weaknesses have been exposed. Similar to Berra, in that a ball over the top is a risk and he doesn't cope well with set piece delivery into our box. If we replace Berra with someone who can dominate the box at set pieces then he is fine. Keep

Smith. No debate. Keep

Haring. As another poster has said, he's clearly not match fit and it really showed against Dundee. When he is fit, he plays his best game sitting in front of the back four (or three). That said, I'm confused by Robbie's comments yesterday about his ideal set up for Hearts (which looks like a 442) as I can't see him in a midfield pair with wingers either side. No matter, it's a definite keep 

Naismith. He is a winner. Hungry and always looking for every scrap of marginal gain from himself and everyone round about him. He has vision and skill. Tremendous influence on young players. But. As he has acknowledges himself, he is in his twilight years and needs games to stay match fit and retain intensity. If he gets that, which is no certainty these days, he has one more season in him before hanging up the boots. Keep

Boyce. Struggling a bit to find the net. He is scoring but would expect to get more at this level. He is brilliant at linking play and bringing others into play. You can see the effort he is putting in, so, for me, it's just about confidence in front of goal and that will return. Keep

Wighton. pleasantly surprised by him this season. He bulked up and has worked his ass off. Just wish he had more of a killer instinct in the box and more shots on target. Not sure he will be a regular starter but definately capable of making a difference from the bench. His hunger and application have persuaded me. Keep 

Ginelly.  Only winger Robbie signed that looks the part. Fitness issues are a worry but a quality winger that can change games. Keep

Henderson. He has skills and effort but doesn't score goals. Bin

Moore. I like him but don't think Robbie does. Bin

Roberts. Doesn't seem to fit into any team shape. there's something there but definitely not up to Hearts standard. Bin

Frear. Never a pro footballer. Looks scared and lost half the time. Makes too many rookie errors that sucks the life out of proper footballers, with only fleeting bits of good play. Definite Bin

What next?  Signing a top striker, Declan Gallagher and two top midfielders, as Robbie said a playmaker and a ball winner, would transform us into a top four SPFL standard. As ever, wishful thinking to achieve the complete jigsaw puzzle, but, there you go. Hearts always!

Good summary. Disagree slightly on one or two but not enough to really debate it 👍

24 minutes ago, jambo2524 said:

Our Midfield

Halliday - Squad player, one year in Prem then let go. Long term not good enough.

Irving - A very good young footballer with room for improvement. Starter every week and keep

Henderson - Must be given game time this season to see if he can justify a contract

Moore - Time to go

Frear - Time to go

Nail. Meets.. Hammer.

1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

A discussion on the strengths and weaknesses of our current squad is perfectly suitable for the transfer thread. This is especially true given that there is no actual transfer news to discuss and hasn't been for days.

Maybe you could transfer yourself to the thread for whiny, snide remarks if you don't like it.

Are you in charge of that thread?  Figures.

I don't think it's too much to ask for transfer info on a transfer thread to be about.....TRANSFERS.  I can understand Hibbies and other interlopers trying to disrupt the board but I'm sure you don't fall inro either category.

BTW  Do you think the price of fish, following our exir ftom Europe, will affect our ability to sign players?

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Are you in charge of that thread?  Figures.

I don't think it's too much to ask for transfer info on a transfer thread to be about.....TRANSFERS.  I can understand Hibbies and other interlopers trying to disrupt the board but I'm sure you don't fall inro either category.

BTW  Do you think the price of fish, following our exir ftom Europe, will affect our ability to sign players?

Billy the Fish is British....Therefore signing not affected by the UK exit from the EU....Good in the air, leaps like a salmon.....Get him signed up!

1 minute ago, Hashimoto said:

Billy the Fish is British....Therefore signing not affected by the UK exit from the EU....Good in the air, leaps like a salmon.....Get him signed up!

I just hope he leaps higher than Sammon although I don't think we'll sign him again.

Gimme an H...
5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Disagree, I think he's been our most consistent. Not great but consistent midfielder. 

Lee goes missing too often, despite the odd shot or really good pass now and then. 

Irving, as above. Has large spells when he's missing.

Haring, been very poor Tbh all round, fouls, simple passes astray, losing possession. 

Halliday, even when having a poor game is effective, as in he still tackles and shows himself. You'll always know he's playing where as imo Irving and Lee can go missing and become completely ineffective for spells. He does not have the passing or vision of Lee and Irving but over 90 minutes far more effective and consistent than those 2. 

You're on crack.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Halliday is the good old fashioned utility man. 

Fills gaps. The very poor man's James Milner,  but can be relied upon. 

Can chip in with a goal bonus accessory. Squad man. 

Still craving the Colin Cameron type. 

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Halliday reminds me a lot of Ian Black. I like what he brings and have high hopes for next season. 

Ian Black had a good 6 months tops at Hearts. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, fabienleclerq said:

Yip,  Paulo Sergio unlocked something or maybe it was the old final year of contract motivation 

lost in space
1 hour ago, jambo2524 said:

Our Midfield

Moore - Time to go

Frear - Time to go

Would agree - although i would like to see Moore given some game time. Probably not going to happen - RN would rather persist with his 2 jokers(Frear/Roberts).

2 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

A ****ing good 6 months though :D 

Ian Black says Hearts' 5-1 final win was his best ever performance and  sparked days of partying | Edinburgh News

Seriously though, firmly believe if we'd kept Sergio, Black wouldn't have reverted to hatchet man at Rangers. Sergio had cottoned onto Blacks weakness being tackling so stopped him from doing it as much and he seemed to improve as a player tenfold!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
19 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Would agree - although i would like to see Moore given some game time. Probably not going to happen - RN would rather persist with his 2 jokers(Frear/Roberts).

Think he might play Mackay Steven instead. Just a thought 

13 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

:peepwall: Is the thread Lafferty or Cumdog free yet?

Nah, still discussing MFs,

Is there anyone fae the Pans who could be avaialble eg whatever happened to that Knox lad, ex Livi?

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, OTT said:

A ****ing good 6 months though :D 

Ian Black says Hearts' 5-1 final win was his best ever performance and  sparked days of partying | Edinburgh News

Seriously though, firmly believe if we'd kept Sergio, Black wouldn't have reverted to hatchet man at Rangers. Sergio had cottoned onto Blacks weakness being tackling so stopped him from doing it as much and he seemed to improve as a player tenfold!

Definitely, took a few months but he got the best out if him. 

Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Halliday is the good old fashioned utility man. 

Fills gaps. The very poor man's James Milner,  but can be relied upon. 

Can chip in with a goal bonus accessory. Squad man. 

Still craving the Colin Cameron type. 

Spot on, not sure if the coaching set up see it that way though, first choice in their eyes it would appear. 

Open up your own feckiing thread if you wanna soil yourselves over Andy Fecking Halliday or Andy Irvine!!!!!!!

Keep on Topic!!!!!!!!!!!! 

It's a transfer thread 

I am waiting on some clubs announcing their interest in Damour.  They are currently too embarrassed it seems.   All hush hush.   Would be nice to have another striker in before Saturday.    Though the said striker would have to be tested and proven two days before the match.   I can't see a rush for one this week.  Maybe next week. 

Edited by HMFC01

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )