January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

Carl Weathers
11 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Striker coming in this week and possibly a centre back on loan.

Striker is Scottish who has been playing in England. Don’t know more than that. 

Source is well connected at the club but not an employee. (Anymore 😩) and he wouldn’t tell me the name. 

Cumdog? 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

29 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Source is well connected at the club but not an employee. (Anymore 😩) and he wouldn’t tell me the name. 

After scouring the internet for potential players (anyone who is somewhat realistic)

Jordan Rhodes (Sheffield Wednesday)

James Scott (Hull)

Jason Cummings (Shrewsbury)

Owen Gallagher (Burton Albion)

Andrew Dallas (Cambridge)

Either Rhodes / Cummings I reckon. We’ve been linked with both throughout the years. 

jamboinglasgow
27 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Obviously Jason Cummings is the obvious one, but I wonder if it may be a young player on loan. Had a look at Scottish strikers in England on transfermarkt, one interesting one if we go to the possible loans is Connor McBride. Signed by Blackburn Rovers from Celtic back in September, has had loan experience last season at Stenhousemuir, has scored 6 goals in 10 in Premier league 2 division 1 (the top league for U23 football in England.) Is 6 ft 2.

Other ones I could see is Kieren Bowie of Fulham, was signed from Raith Rovers in the summer. Scored 10 goals in 35 games in all competitions for Raith last season.

15 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Obviously Jason Cummings is the obvious one, but I wonder if it may be a young player on loan. Had a look at Scottish strikers in England on transfermarkt, one interesting one if we go to the possible loans is Connor McBride. Signed by Blackburn Rovers from Celtic back in September, has had loan experience last season at Stenhousemuir, has scored 6 goals in 10 in Premier league 2 division 1 (the top league for U23 football in England.) Is 6 ft 2.

Other ones I could see is Kieren Bowie of Fulham, was signed from Raith Rovers in the summer. Scored 10 goals in 35 games in all competitions for Raith last season.

Yeh I’ve had a look myself. Chris Maguire is another name I looked at but he’s playing every week for Sunderland and he’s probably more of a winger by trade. Contract up in the summer though

Edited by JimmyCant

SomethingAboutObua

Lafferty isn't a player to hold up the ball, he's 6'4 but like Sow his height didnt make him a target man and a target man is what we're looking for. It'll be a Zeefuik/Moult type we'll be after not a Sow/Lafferty/Bjorn Jonson player.

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Fits in perfectly with what I posted last week, always delighted to see it backed up by other sources 👍🏻 Not heard about him being Scottish but seems a few have heard it is 

2 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Ryan Hardie? 🤷🏻‍♂️ Out of contract this summer! 

I know we have also been interested in Fraser Hornby in the past, not playing in England currently but only just left in summer but suits the wanted type 

Arthur Morgan

Cummings hasn't done much since leaving Hibs but I reckon if he signed for us he would find his form again, and you just know he would score regularly vs them.

Edited by Arthur Morgan

Would be delighted with jordan rhodes! That's the level we should be targeting, wages could be a significant issue though.

Not fussy on cumdog anymore, although he is probably better than wighton tbf.

Liam lindsay would be an excellent signing but again, wages? Would he want to play in Scottish Championship? Having said that we signed gms so neither is impossible.

Moult, Rhodes, Hardy, Hornby (our our league is my guess there tho) would all be great I think.

Can we pleeeeease stop banging on about Lafferty and Cummings!!!! One ship has sailed the other is a dinghy at best, rubber ducky inflatable ring, more like.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Rhodes or Cummings would be great signings.

Rhodes could be an unbelievable signing. 

Imagine having an experienced core going into next season of 

Gordon 

Smith

Haring 

Haliday 

Gms

Naismith 

Boyle 

Rhodes 

With

Halkett 

Souttar 

Kingsley 

Gino 

Irving 

Walker 

Once the numerous out of contract players leave along with Damour we can than add at least one centre half, bit pace  out wide and quality in the middle for balance along with competition. 

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Lafferty isn't a player to hold up the ball, he's 6'4 but like Sow his height didnt make him a target man and a target man is what we're looking for. It'll be a Zeefuik/Moult type we'll be after not a Sow/Lafferty/Bjorn Jonson player.

He also, despite being a big game player which was great went missing far too many times. 

Fans tend to remember his goals v Celtic but forget his 5 shite games after before his next couple of good games. 

Also, did Naismith not like him, or was that just shite. 

I'm wondering if there's a bit of miscommunication between sources here. It could be a player who previously played IN Scotland rather than FOR Scotland.

Then you open yourselves up to Moult, Lafferty, Stockley etc. I really can't see an internationalist like Rhodes coming in, or Cumdog as funny as it would be.

QPR were reportedly priced out of a move for Rhodes recently and I'm not sure he still has any family connections up here. I suspect people who think he's coming to the Scottish Championship are going to be disappointed.:lol:

Cummings is more realistic but doesn't fit the bill of a target man.

I can't think of any realistic Scottish strikers playing in England who do fit that bill so I suspect it'll be someone more obscure if that rumour is true.

11 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I'm wondering if there's a bit of miscommunication between sources here. It could be a player who previously played IN Scotland rather than FOR Scotland.

Then you open yourselves up to Moult, Lafferty, Stockley etc. I really can't see an internationalist like Rhodes coming in, or Cumdog as funny as it would be.

Expect you're right and it will be Moult or Stockley. Many of the other Scottish names don't fit the profile of target man. 

August Landmesser
7 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

I know we have also been interested in Fraser Hornby in the past, not playing in England currently but only just left in summer but suits the wanted type 

A model professional too.

31 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Rhodes could be an unbelievable signing. 

Imagine having an experienced core going into next season of 

Gordon 

Smith

Haring 

Haliday 

Gms

Naismith 

Boyle 

Rhodes 

With

Halkett 

Souttar 

Kingsley 

Gino 

Irving 

Walker 

Once the numerous out of contract players leave along with Damour we can than add at least one centre half, bit pace  out wide and quality in the middle for balance along with competition. 

That's a CH* and a dynamic midfielder away from hugely exciting

I'm very happy with Souttar/Halkett but we need another for comp/cover and also unfortunately who knows re Soapy. Perhaps Haring or Smith but both are so good at CM and RB that I don't love that other than odd occasions

10 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Age is irrelevant. 

Only on the short term. In the end it catches up with us all ☹️

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Any transfer rumours or just more shite about random players?

Just shite about random players. Nobody knows anything.

A_A wehatethehibs

Rhodes gives me bad vibes to be honest. Looks to me like he’s had a 4 year barren run where he’s had 1 goal every 6 games. He’d want an expensive 3 or 4 year deal to come here. Along the lines of what Naismith got. I know he’s been quality in the past but I just worry about the length of deal he would obviously want. 

Whereas someone like Laff, he’d sign for us short term, a lot lower risk because if he’s past it and can’t bag goals any more, we move him on with not a lot of money spent.

What's the chances we will sign Ginnelly when his loan is up?

He seems to like being here, we have the new SD from the loaning club, he fits the bill as exactly what we need.

10 hours ago, Hairy Nugget said:

Cole stockton was dreadful in every way.Lafferty was high maintenance but would bring goals,Sorry no comparison.

I was only compairing one aspect of their game and that was hold up/link up play and Stockton was better. In fact :Lafferty was woeful at that. Overall Lafferty was better but I still would not touch in.  

Since the 50's we have hadan inability to find prolific goalscorers. We seem to have loads that score a goal every 6/10 games but the goal every 3 games players seem elusive to us. Been watching Hearts since mid 60's and from my fading memory we've had Ford, Gibson, Busby, Robertson, Clark, Hamilton, Velicka, Skacel and Lafferty who are around that 3 mark. So our average is unearthing 1 every 7 years or so. 

That's the magnitude of the task Joe Savage has. Good luck. 

5 minutes ago, Big Moysey said:

Since the 50's we have hadan inability to find prolific goalscorers. We seem to have loads that score a goal every 6/10 games but the goal every 3 games players seem elusive to us. Been watching Hearts since mid 60's and from my fading memory we've had Ford, Gibson, Busby, Robertson, Clark, Hamilton, Velicka, Skacel and Lafferty who are around that 3 mark. So our average is unearthing 1 every 7 years or so. 

Wilie Gibson, willie Pettigrew, Mike Galloway, esmael Goncalves...

17 minutes ago, Big Moysey said:

Boyce is averaging a goal every two games 🤷‍♂️ 

Naismith is also scoring under that rate of a goal every three games too. 

Maybe Hearts fans have unrealistic expectations. 

1 minute ago, Stendelnator said:

...or perceptions. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Stendelnator said:

Nonsense. 

So when is Diego Costa, Robert Snodgrass, Jimmy Dunne and Jordan Rhodes signing to play for us in the Championship 😱🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😂😆?!?!

12 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Age is irrelevant. 

In some leagues it is. At this level it really isn’t. We have

struggled against teams who play with energy and chase us. Our older players, in particular struggle against this type of team.

9 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Yeh I’ve had a look myself. Chris Maguire is another name I looked at but he’s playing every week for Sunderland and he’s probably more of a winger by trade. Contract up in the summer though

Mentioned Maguire earlier in this thread when there was talk of a Scotland capped forward. Considering he hasn't been playing as an out and out striker he's got a fair few goals to his name over the last few years, 1 in 3 games or something, since 2015?? 

Lafferty on a short term deal and Ross Stewart on a pre-contract would be lovely. Also spotted Chuks Aneke from Charlton, who has played with Robbie at MK and is out of contract at the end of the season. Carbon copy of Uche really - a big 6"3' lump of African muscle. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

Exciting player 

1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

A model professional too.

That’s the type we seem to go for. Footballing ability appears to come second.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Think the lad has both. Done very well with Scotland under 21s

3 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I think there's a joke in the "model professional" 😁

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Think the lad has both. Done very well with Scotland under 21s

Aye apologies I wasn’t having a dig at the boy just our criteria for signings. We don’t sign enough arseholes

Don’t know the first thing about him

25 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

You wonder how Hearts are 3rd top scorers of all time if they haven’t had enough prolific scorers since the 50s? 😉

I think with Hearts, the problem has been general quality, mindset and strategy in recent seasons.  We’ve lacked quality in other areas to provide goals and opportunities for others. 

We had a very good finisher in Lafferty but he played in an underperforming side. 13 in the league, 7 in cups over 48 apps. 

Probably a few pens but there was no doubting his ability to stick the ball away.  The rest of the team was the problem and the leadership. 

Edited by Debut 4

16 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Not true. Scottish Govt money usually always comes with stipulations due to the need for public accountability (it used to be restricted by EU law and not sure if it still applies).

it can come with a whole load of stipulations but it's still impossible to enforce. Say the stipulation is that the 500k cannot go to wages or transfer fee's, there is nothing to stop us paying the 500k to Heriot Watt for Riccarton, then each month instead of diverting revenue to the Riccarton budget we can simply direct it too the player/wage budget. That cannot be prevented as any accountability for the 500k shows that we used it to pay rent at Riccarton. We are still 500k better off than we would have otherwise been and therefor can decide to increase our playing budget accordingly, if we couldn't do that then we'd not be in a transfer window.

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

In some leagues it is. At this level it really isn’t. We have

struggled against teams who play with energy and chase us. Our older players, in particular struggle against this type of team.

Ffs nothing to do with age, to do with style. 

Smith is one of our oldest and fittest players. 

We're talking about  guys that are ate 31, 34 sh, some ex internationals. not 40year old pub players. 

42 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Wilie Gibson, willie Pettigrew, Mike Galloway, esmael Goncalves...

Not sure about Willie Pettigrew,  once he lost his supplier pal who played with him at Motherwell (was it Graham?)  didn't do very well at Dundee United and us.

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )