January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

1 minute ago, bazman said:

Irvine hasn't played for 10 months could be at least 4 weeks before he is match fit at the earliest

Still think he will be a good player for them unfortunately, Would have taken him here in a heartbeat.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 hour ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Not true. Scottish Govt money usually always comes with stipulations due to the need for public accountability (it used to be restricted by EU law and not sure if it still applies).

do you mean state aid? Tricky one as did come to an end when we left EU but there will be a new U.K. subsidy control in place

Hibs have probably taken a bit of a calculated gamble with Irvine....

Sign him for a few months, get him some game to get up to speed and see if it’s worthwhile extending the deal. 

Might work out.....if not the outlay is minimal.

Just now, DH1986 said:

Hibs have probably taken a bit of a calculated gamble with Irvine....

Sign him for a few months, get him some game to get up to speed and see if it’s worthwhile extending the deal. 

Might work out.....if not the outlay is minimal.

How many central midfielders do they need 

Just now, Newton51 said:

How many central midfielders do they need 

Right now ? They’ve got too many obviously but I don’t think Irvine is being signed for this season. It’ll take him weeks to get up to speed after being out for so long.

I know Lafferty had a sister that passed away recently, was it the one who stood up for him on Twitter? And said he should never have left Hearts and how good we were for him?

I wouldn't rule it out tbh. He might have asked to come back to honour his late sister. Sounds silly when I say it but stranger things and all that.

And he's exactly what Robbie has asked for...six months wouldn't harm.

Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

I know Lafferty had a sister that passed away recently, was it the one who stood up for him on Twitter? And said he should never have left Hearts and how good we were for him?

I wouldn't rule it out tbh. He might have asked to come back to honour his late sister. Sounds silly when I say it but stranger things and all that.

And he's exactly what Robbie has asked for...six months wouldn't harm.

She was quite taken with us and how we were with Kyle as a fanbase and as a club. She was an absolutely lovely woman aswell 😢

I don’t think he’d think twice if a decent offer was made to him

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Don't know what you are getting at here/

Predictive text I suspect but can’t remember what I meant to say other than it’s strange that both french players had the same tune of extended term, lower basic contract. 

1 hour ago, john thomas said:

If there is any truth in this 2k a week for someone of Damour's standard sounds like a good deal . 2-3 years decent service then he moves on for an undisclosed fee .

Appreciate things didn't go quite too plan [to put it mildly!] in this case but if we were after a similar [EPL etc] level of player again why would anyone think this was a bad deal ?

That’s was just a n example to try to explain why his contract is so long. No idea what his basic is. Think the plan was a long term deal in a lower basic with reviews each year based on performance. 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

She was quite taken with us and how we were with Kyle as a fanbase and as a club. She was an absolutely lovely woman aswell 😢

I don’t think he’d think twice if a decent offer was made to him

He was still making appearances for Reggina and it was mutual termination. 

22 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Kyle Lafferty is a free agent once again...

Brace yourselves :laugh:

Robbie has been looking for a big striker, he's probably right in our price range again now too and he should excel at this level. 

No brainer. 

I'd take Lafferty. As long as it was cheap and it was on a short term basis. At 33, I wouldn't risk a longer term deal but he'd be more than adequate until the summer. Depends on who else is available. 

adambraejambo

I'd gladly take Lafferty back on a 6 month deal with a option of another year. But if he comes back he on a basic wage and he must bring his wife to every game and get her to sit in Section E every game. If she says no then he can ram it. As it happens the seat next to me has not had a season ticket in it for the last 2 years. The seat to my other side is my partners but she will be looking to swap seats soon lol. 

14 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

no brainer. Best forward we have had since robbo.. 

Jamie Mole, surely?

I'm one for looking forward and not backwards, and I hate it when people start taking about signing ex players, but I'd make an exception for Lafferty. If we could get him on a 6 or even 18 month deal, I would be absolutely delighted. 

4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I'm one for looking forward and not backwards, and I hate it when people start taking about signing ex players, but I'd make an exception for Lafferty. If we could get him on a 6 or even 18 month deal, I would be absolutely delighted. 

Absolutely. 6 months with a 12 month option. He’d work his socks off and he’ll be in sync with Smith and Boyce. 

Id be buzzing if we got this done.

Also, did JKB crash for anyone? Can’t help but think Lafferty getting released did that 😂

What Lafferty has done before and after his time with us means it’s a no from me. Also, other than being tall he does not fit Neilson’s description whatsoever. He certainly can’t hold up play or win headers. As well as the above he apparently had to mollycoddled by MacPhee and Levein, so not sure what use he'd be under the current management. Saying that, he did play with Lee McCulloch.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lafferty is a ring piece but he was our ring piece and best forward we have had in a long time 

8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

What Lafferty has done before and after his time with us means it’s a no from me. Also, other than being tall he does not fit Neilson’s description whatsoever. He certainly can’t hold up play or win headers. As well as the above he apparently had to mollycoddled by MacPhee and Levein, so not sure what use he'd be under the current management. Saying that, he did play with Lee McCulloch.

I’m pretty much here as well.  33 years old.  We need to be unearthing younger players to compliment the older pros. It’s pace and hunger for success I want.  

Never Let Them Forget
17 minutes ago, OTT said:

Absolutely. 6 months with a 12 month option. He’d work his socks off and he’ll be in sync with Smith and Boyce. 

Id be buzzing if we got this done.

Also, did JKB crash for anyone? Can’t help but think Lafferty getting released did that 😂

After a good season with us he won his dream move back to Rangers. He didn’t work his socks off for his boyhood hero’s and his off the field stuff, so why would he suddenly do that for us?

He was good for us and we were good for him at the time but that ship has sailed for me. Wish him all the best in his career though.

The thing i liked most about Lafferty was that he was streetwise, apart from Naismith our team is very nice to play against I imagine. No brainer to bring him in till end of season rather than taking a punt on a unknown quality. Especially now with Brexit, it will be so much harder to bring in anyone without a UK passport.

Laff scores goals. Get him in till end of season. 

We get promoted. He’s fit for Euros. We both potentially win the cup

One thing is for certain, if we had him in squad last two years would have won those cup finals

1 minute ago, R1874 said:

Laff scores goals. Get him in till end of season. 

We get promoted. He’s fit for Euros. We both potentially win the cup

One thing is for certain, if we had him in squad last two years would have won those cup finals

That's far from certain 🥺

FFS get a grip

Lafferty couldn’t run to Ibrox quick enough and sit on their bench for the bucks.  
Budge pays his gambling debts off and that’s how high he holds the club.

He can go rot in Turkey or some tin pot league in the far east 

4 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

FFS get a grip

Lafferty couldn’t run to Ibrox quick enough and sit on their bench for the bucks.  

The agreement when he signed was that he would only be there for a season and then he would be sold to make money. Levein said so himself

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

FFS get a grip

so? He’s a rangers fan and if they offered to quadruple my salary I’d move as well. We made good money on him.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, sadj said:

velicka?

Lafferty was a far better player than velicka imo 

bednar and jammy were technically better.. but for impact.. lafferty 

8 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

FFS get a grip

Thats a very closed of view. Im not a big Lafferty fan but he did a job for us and we got a good chunk of change for him. We had a win/win with him in terms of return both goals and financially previously. Wouldnt give him more than til end of the season if we were interested

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Lafferty was a far better player than velicka imo 

bednar and jammy were technically better.. but for impact.. lafferty 

Velicka had a pretty good impact in a horrendously poor team attacking wise. Lafferty I think we had a better team around him. He did have a good impact though. Theres certainly not a big list of things strikers that were memorable for impacts after Robbo outside of the 2006ish lot. pinigol , kyle , velicka , lafferty. Struggling after that. Sleeves was good but not impact wise

He scored some good goals Laf. But some games just past him by. No, stop going back the way. Not the answer to our problems.  Need new and eager blood.

jamboinglasgow
15 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Laf is 33. Would only do till end of the season. Got to get some younger players in. To many 30+ at the moment for my liking!! 

I think people have to remember this. We have a 38 year old goal keeper, our back four includes a 32 year right back and a 35 year old (36 at the end of the month) centre back. 34 year old captain in attacking midfield and just signed a 30 year old winger. Our arguably best XI at the moment who is not a long term injury, would have 5 players aged 30+ and one 29 year old.  So the XI's average is 29. Even if you take Berra out and put in Souttar it only drops to 28.

Thats not to say those players dont add a lot to the team and are good players, but we need pacey forwards and more long term thinking.

9 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats a very closed of view. Im not a big Lafferty fan but he did a job for us and we got a good chunk of change for him. We had a win/win with him in terms of return both goals and financially previously. Wouldnt give him more than til end of the season if we were interested

Agree with this. 

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Absolutely, We have the first striker since Robbo to almost hit 20 goals in a season and folk are turning their noses up!! 😂

It’s a move that suits all I think! We’re going to be seriously hard pressed to find a quality striker in January willing to drop into the Scottish Championship who’s willing to come in with no guarantees of being the main man. Lafferty ticks all those boxes and at 33 he’s in 12 month deal territory. A deal to the end of the season with a 12 month extension suits everyone and ensures the club aren’t in a dodgy position. 

it’s like, would folk rather pay money for an injury prone Moult, or bank on Wighton? 😂🙈 

We sign Lafferty he will score 10 if the season is allowed to run to finish. Next season? He’s quality cover. 

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Absolutely, We have the first striker since Robbo to almost hit 20 goals in a season and folk are turning their noses up!! 😂

It’s a move that suits all I think! We’re going to be seriously hard pressed to find a quality striker in January willing to drop into the Scottish Championship who’s willing to come in with no guarantees of being the main man. Lafferty ticks all those boxes and at 33 he’s in 12 month deal territory. A deal to the end of the season with a 12 month extension suits everyone and ensures the club aren’t in a dodgy position. 

it’s like, would folk rather pay money for an injury prone Moult, or bank on Wighton? 😂🙈 

We sign Lafferty he will score 10 if the season is allowed to run to finish. Next season? He’s quality cover. 

How do you work out he’ll score ten. Last time might not be this time. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Kyle Lafferty is a yes from me. How can we turn the big man down, used to bang a goal in out of nothing. I love that type of player. Does nothing all game, then fizzes one in. 

Bring in him and Moult both. All out assault on the premier. 

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

How do you work out he’ll score ten. Last time might not be this time. 

We’re in a shit league and his quality will shine through.

Confidence!! 

3 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Whats Sean Clare up to these days? 

Signed on loan with Burton Albion today, so I guess Oxford not worked out for him so far.

5 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Whats Sean Clare up to these days? 

Just moved to burton on loan. From reading the twitter comments appears he was really struggling at RB for Oxford but was coming on to a game after geting moved to wide midfield. 

Just now, jkbam said:

Signed on loan with Burton Albion today, so I guess Oxford not worked out for him so far.

Jimmy Floyd wants to use him and views him as a box to box midfielder :laugh:

Oh Jimmy 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Is Calum Butcher injured? He's not been in a squad since boxing day. 

Not that I want him btw!

Minor hamstring injury and due back soon apparently.

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )