January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

18 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

That's exactly what many of us have been looking for from Hearts. Signing? "top 4 level" players. Glad it is finally the aim. 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

18 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Just in the door, Joe has the gab on it all. Brilliant, transparency in it's purest form.

Yeah. I like that approach. 👍 for joe 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Aye, maybe. Colin Quaner can't be cheap. 

Interesting indeed.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah. I like that approach. 👍 for joe 

I gave him a week to open talk, still got tomorrow to go.

8 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

The Celtic Shop ?

7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Aye, maybe. Colin Quaner can't be cheap. 

C336901D-8069-406D-B52F-805AAEF564C3.jpeg

Central Belt 1874
8 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That's exactly what many of us have been looking for from Hearts. Signing? "top 4 level" players. Glad it is finally the aim. 

I think it's always been the aim, Naismith and Gordon are two examples. However, you cant just sign one or two a year and expect to be top four. 

Money has obviously been tight at the club over the last few years because the amount of players who we have signed in the Budge era are so far away from being that level is frightening. Especially considering the the backing from the fans has been phenomenal.

south morocco
28 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Just in the door, Joe has the gab on it all. Brilliant, transparency in it's purest form.

Fantastic watching this. Joe using his contacts to get players in already. Have a feeling this guys will do well for us

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

That one picture forever sums up that scummy shithole club. :lol:

Scumtic or St Cheat?

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Proper horrible looking shite hole.

Take a few bricks out the inner wall , hand over the readies.

Jamboscanbevicius

GMS looks a very good signing 🤞

Hopefully a CH to follow... would take Stuart Findlay, or Declan Gallacher. Think the latter may be out of our reach unfortunately, but both out of contract this summer.

Impressed we were able to get GMS while still in the championship. In my opi ion this is a great signing not just for this season but next. Fully expect him to become a fans favourite. Only my opinion. 

Diadora Van Basten

Sounds like the new guy means business. About time someone got a hold of our transfer business we have wasted some amount of money on awful players.

17 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Hopefully a CH to follow... would take Stuart Findlay, or Declan Gallacher. Think the latter may be out of our reach unfortunately, but both out of contract this summer.

Both great shouts, wonder if we could go back in for Jason Kerr too, low ball the Perth farmers with enough money to keep their electricity going

1 hour ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

I think it's always been the aim, Naismith and Gordon are two examples. However, you cant just sign one or two a year and expect to be top four. 

Money has obviously been tight at the club over the last few years because the amount of players who we have signed in the Budge era are so far away from being that level is frightening. Especially considering the the backing from the fans has been phenomenal.

Might have been the aim but clearly the majority of players signed weren't of that standard. 

millerjames398
7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hahahahaha, not a bad player irc. 

His best days were behind him when i started going, but he had a great career at dundee utd when they were a decent side..but a face only a mother could love😂🇱🇻

WheatfieldWarrior
2 hours ago, Morgan said:

I've seen this picture about 10 times now.  Still hasn't lost any of it's magic.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Summer might be a better option to get them, offering them a pre contract just now whilst ****ing with their clubs would be nice. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Have to say, Savage is definitely looking to make an impact. To come to the club and get Michael Smith extended and Gary Mackay-Steven signed is a real statement of intent. You can feel the new energy which he has brought in a short space of time. Its actually turned the fans round and got folk excited about the club again. Its Christmas come late 

16 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Have to say, Savage is definitely looking to make an impact. To come to the club and get Michael Smith extended and Gary Mackay-Steven signed is a real statement of intent. You can feel the new energy which he has brought in a short space of time. Its actually turned the fans round and got folk excited about the club again. Its Christmas come late 

I agree. Going to be negative though and say we’ve felt like this before, then we started playing football again. 

Our new director could be raiding his old club. Jayden Stockley could be coming on loan. Played for Aberdeen for a while.

3 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Our new director could be raiding his old club. Jayden Stockley could be coming on loan. Played for Aberdeen for a while.

For once I remember an opposition player. Don’t think he was very good. 

Mr Brightside
6 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Didn’t rate him at Aberdeen but done really well at Exeter although that is League 2.

If he signed he would give us a physical target man.

A_A wehatethehibs
16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I agree. Going to be negative though and say we’ve felt like this before, then we started playing football again. 

We’ve felt like this before but there’s been one big constant throughout all that and he is no longer at the football club. Levein is gone. So folk need to stop treating the club as if he was still there.

It Started with McKinlay and he’s now had a full proper process that has concluded with bringing in Savage in the building. These aren’t jobs for the boys appointments that’s 2 that are the proven calibre you need running a football club. Neilsons time up till now has been to cobble together a squad good enough to get us out the championship and he’s done that with next to nothing spent. Now the real Hearts team gets built 

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

We’ve felt like this before but there’s been one big constant throughout all that and he is no longer at the football club. Levein is gone. So folk need to stop treating the club as if he was still there.

It Started with McKinlay and he’s now had a full proper process that has concluded with bringing in Savage in the building. These aren’t jobs for the boys appointments that’s 2 that are the proven calibre you need running a football club. Neilsons time up till now has been to cobble together a squad good enough to get us out the championship and he’s done that with next to nothing spent. Now the real Hearts team gets built 

Very good post. 

17 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Didn’t rate him at Aberdeen but done really well at Exeter although that is League 2.

If he signed he would give us a physical target man.

He would hopefully help us till end of season.  Some striker from Wimbledon was mentioned too. But would demand a fee.

Anyone have any ideas on who our striker targets could be? 

I'm wondering if a few targets will be from the English leagues on account of the new SD.

Hopefully the mindset is 'speculate to accumulate' and we're aiming for European football next season to recoup money lost.

Rick Sanchez

Jayden Stockley is still making sub appearances for PNE. Louis Moult isn't making any appearances but he could be injured....wouldn't be that physical a presence either.

That Connor Simpson that was touted has joined Scarborough permanently. Wouldn't mind Louis Moult in as a loan and Ross Stewart on a pre contract.

Moult is also out of contract at the end of the season aswell.

53 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Proper striker 👌 big lad,  has some pace,  and puts his head in where it hurts 

Italian Lambretta

Derek McInness tried to sign Brophy and GMS and has now said his club are skint and wont sign anyone in January :pleasingao:

1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Derek McInness tried to sign Brophy and GMS and has now said his club are skint and wont sign anyone in January :pleasingao:

He’s been trying, unsuccessfully, to unload players according to my Aberdeen supporting pal.  He wanted GMS, but was told he had to unload before he could sign anyone. 

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

link would be nice so I can send to my sheep pals

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

thanks.. still extremely puzzled Brophy chose stmirren.. 

It isn't over on Brophy.

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, BarneyBattles said:

He’s already signed for St Mirren. 

Aye for now.

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

thanks.. still extremely puzzled Brophy chose stmirren.. 

Yeah... that's a strange one. Maybe it's the climate?... or the bright lights?... why would you leave ANY club to go to St Liedown?!

pettigrewsstylist
11 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

It isn't over on Brophy.

If he could have settled he could have excelled in TynIe atmo IMO. He has 3 yr contract with liedoon now tho?

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Eh.

Only Hearts

No, the only reason i can think for his move is a stepping stone to shellick? Given their ties?..... a very loose connection I know. Just thought it very odd.... st liedown are skint (I thought). Just don't get it.

Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

No, the only reason i can think for his move is a stepping stone to shellick? Given their ties?..... a very loose connection I know. Just thought it very odd.... st liedown are skint (I thought). Just don't get it.

I wondered in Celtic funded this move for them. They won’t want their pets to be relegated. 

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Good. If he could settle he could excel in TynIe atmo IMO.

The St Liedown deal is not water tight, it leaks and reaks.

All i am going to say about is, Bophry will not play for Liedown in the SPL next season.

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

You get it, not inside your head clearly. It will come though.

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )