January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

Pasquale for King
Just now, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

Realistically we would win the league with the squad we have, but there are some positions we need to strengthen in. You should always be looking to improve the team.

The transfer window has been open for four days and still has over three weeks left. Chill the **** out 😂

Don’t tell me what to do. They’ve had months to plan for this, get ****ing on with it. The documentary showed how poorly this part of the operation is run, let’s hope this new guy can make it more professional. 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

19 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He seems to keep coming up with things he needs, despite having more than enough to get promoted. You’d almost think he’s incredibly limited as a coach

Or he doesn’t give away what he’s really thinking all the time. 

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Don’t tell me what to do. They’ve had months to plan for this, get ****ing on with it. The documentary showed how poorly this part of the operation is run, let’s hope this new guy can make it more professional. 

You do realise that when people tell you what to do that, in most cases, you can ignore it and not do it. 😄

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

You do realise that when people tell you what to do that, in most cases, you can ignore it and not do it. 😄

I always do, I would’ve thought you and the other admins/mods would know that by now? 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I always do, I would’ve thought you and the other admins/mods would know that by now? 

🤣🤣

45 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

We would only have to pay a development fee if Aberdeen offer him a contract of at least the same wage as he had before. 

Free money for them if they do that, and we're a rival. 

They'll be doing it :D 

42 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I didn’t say he was did I? Just that Neilson either didn’t realise he would need a target man or lied when he said we were going with what we had. 

Did you want or expect him to say we had a shite squad ? Not likely is it.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Is there any need to lie all the time, like his predecessor?
I expect him to know he would need a target man and get him, maybe use the money he wasted on Roberts or Frear to get one in on loan and play the youngsters who are certainly no worse. 

Just now, jambopilms said:

No I don't expect him to say we had a shite squad, but I did not expect him to sign shite and indeed we were already covered with wide players, he goes and signs 3 more one of which may be okay, a centre half who is bad as it gets and now he decides he wants a couple more new players..... Already he is dividing the support and to me we are in for a long season based on usual garbage away set ups where teams see we are soft as.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
39 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

A massive over reaction to having not signed somebody four days into the window.

The documentary didn't show that in a good light but it's not as if they're the people identifying the players, they're just involved in various parts of the process.

Neilson and Savage will have been talking for weeks about players and there will be a shortlist.  These things don't happen quickly and in January things tend to be more complicated as there are less free agents available so there's likely more negotiating involved with other clubs which will add to the time taken.

New players will arrive, just a case of when and not if.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

A massive over reaction to having not signed somebody four days into the window.

The documentary didn't show that in a good light but it's not as if they're the people identifying the players, they're just involved in various parts of the process.

Neilson and Savage will have been talking for weeks about players and there will be a shortlist.  These things don't happen quickly and in January things tend to be more complicated as there are less free agents available so there's likely more negotiating involved with other clubs which will add to the time taken.

New players will arrive, just a case of when and not if.

Once again you have beaten me with your reason and logic. 

I get the feeling GMS and Brophy were the two we were expecting to sign and now we’re onto the lower picks.  
I’m just impatient. I don’t want to be left with the dregs like Frear/Roberts/Popescu again. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I get the feeling GMS and Brophy were the two we were expecting to sign and now we’re onto the lower picks.  
I’m just impatient. 

A bit of a bizarre conclusion to draw given that Brophy is absolutely nothing like the striker target Neilson has described.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

A bit of a bizarre conclusion to draw given that Brophy is absolutely nothing like the striker target Neilson has described.

Fair point, it’s well documented that we were in for him though?

Lone Striker
15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m just impatient. I don’t want to be left with the dregs like Frear/Roberts/Popescu again. 

Sadly, the fact we're in the 2nd tier  means we're likely to be fishing in the pool containing dregs.   It would be unexpectedly brilliant however if JS/RN can find a hidden gem among them - there must surely be a few with the potential to become a fans' favourite.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Sadly, the fact we're in the 2nd tier  means we're likely to be fishing in the pool containing dregs.   It would be unexpectedly brilliant however if JS/RN can find a hidden gem among them - there must surely be a few with the potential to become a fans' favourite.

Yes and no, Gordon, Kingsley, Ginnelly and to an extent Halliday can’t be described as dregs, the aforementioned trio can. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Fair point, it’s well documented that we were in for him though?

Is it? I saw Hibs and Aberdeen mentioned.

In any case, clubs probably speak to loads of players/agents in every window without them necessarily being a top target. If we (or Aberdeen or Hibs) were really keen on Brophy then he wouldn't be signing for St Mirren.

Furst there was Vladimir

GMS very close to signing. 

Has held talks with both us and Aberdeen but Aberdeen need to offload players before being able to offer him anything.

Robbie wanted a decision asap or our deal was off the table and has been given a verbal ‘yes’.

Not done until it’s done but it’s looking good.

Lone Striker
1 minute ago, Furst there was Vladimir said:

Has held talks with both us and Aberdeen but Aberdeen need to offload players before being able to offer him anything.

Robbie wanted a decision asap or our deal was off the table and has been given a verbal ‘yes’.

:levein_interesting:

11 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

By all accounts the boy took a move that would guarantee him first team football and a bit of hype and exposure. 

Gary Mackay-Steven signed for Airdrie when he left Liverpool, Andy Robertson moved to Queen’s Park when he left Celtic. Not exactly unheard of to drop down. 

Not my point . Poster I was answering was complaining we didn't sign him . Don't remember every club chasing him . 

4 minutes ago, Furst there was Vladimir said:

just puting 2 and 2 together here, there was mention earlier about us looking to get mclennan from Aberdeen and Aberdeen needing to ofload before signing. if that's the case, might the mclennan signing be dependant on us giving Aberdeen a free line to GMS?

maybe not, just speculating

Lone Striker
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes and no, Gordon, Kingsley, Ginnelly and to an extent Halliday can’t be described as dregs, the aforementioned trio can. 

True - but 3 of them were all out of contract and looking for a club.   Ginelly is on loan.    Maybe that's where we might be able to attract someone on loan from a higher level who isn't getting game time ?     Haven't Hibs done that a few times in the last couple of years ?

There seems to be fewer players out of contract in the winter than in the summer.

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Is it? I saw Hibs and Aberdeen mentioned.

In any case, clubs probably speak to loads of players/agents in every window without them necessarily being a top target. If we (or Aberdeen or Hibs) were really keen on Brophy then he wouldn't be signing for St Mirren.

Only going by what the press have said, everyone seems in agreement that’s it’s a strange move for him. 
https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hearts-hibs-transfer-miss-eamonn-19576430

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

True - but 3 of them were all out of contract and looking for a club.   Ginelly is on loan.    Maybe that's where we might be able to attract someone on loan from a higher level who isn't getting game time ?     Haven't Hibs done that a few times in the last couple of years ?

There seems to be fewer players out of contract in the winter than in the summer.

Yeah I think a loan is probably the best option. He loaned a striker every January window I think. 
Killie want Brophy out the door ASAP so if you sign someone now on a pre contract you might well be able to negotiate their release. Imagine he scores the goal that relegates Killie 😆

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Gav M said:

just puting 2 and 2 together here, there was mention earlier about us looking to get mclennan from Aberdeen and Aberdeen needing to ofload before signing. if that's the case, might the mclennan signing be dependant on us giving Aberdeen a free line to GMS?

maybe not, just speculating

We could do with both, sign GMS now and McLennan in the summer, and piss these ***** right off. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Purely the money. 

Probably, shows how little the three clubs value him then. 

Lone Striker
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah I think a loan is probably the best option. He loaned a striker every January window I think. 
Killie want Brophy out the door ASAP so if you sign someone now on a pre contract you might well be able to negotiate their release. Imagine he scores the goal that relegates Killie 😆

Any idea why Killie wanted Brophy out now rather than in the summer ?      It would be equally enjoyable if his new club go down.  😀:whistling:

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
54 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not sure we made a genuine offer to Brophy to be honest. GMS I'm not sure about either.  A player who would definitely improve us but I don't think there's any sort of expectation of it happening on our side.

Roberts I think was the first signing we made after Gordon? Seems like he had been on our radar for a while so not sure we can class him as one of the dregs. Similarly with Frear as Robbie tried to sign him for Dundee United and we had him on trial for a while. Players we were well aware of.

Appreciate you're impatient and I'm not trying to rile you. I'm just fairly comfortable in the knowledge that we'll sign players and we're not wanting to rush into signing a player who isn't right for us.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

Not sure we made a genuine offer to Brophy to be honest. GMS I'm not sure about either.  A player who would definitely improve us but I don't think there's any sort of expectation of it happening on our side.

Roberts I think was the first signing we made after Gordon? Seems like he had been on our radar for a while so not sure we can class him as one of the dregs. Similarly with Frear as Robbie tried to sign him for Dundee United and we had him on trial for a while. Players we were well aware of.

Appreciate you're impatient and I'm not trying to rile you. I'm just fairly comfortable in the knowledge that we'll sign players and we're not wanting to rush into signing a player who isn't right for us.

Yeah fair point about Roberts and Frear, that makes it even worse. 
Popescu was from the dregs though. 
Im hoping we are going to be a bit more professional and do the work required to be signing someone ASAP in the January window from now on,  as many teams already have.

We hear continually about plans for the window but rarely sign anyone quickly, Vanacek aside obviously 🙄

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Any idea why Killie wanted Brophy out now rather than in the summer ?      It would be equally enjoyable if his new club go down.  😀:whistling:

Alex Dyer was on STV news “would you play him”? Seems a tad pissed off and is possibly questioning his professionalism and commitment. He’s usually quite calm and placid, he certainly wasn’t in the interview. I bet they listen if he ever loses his shit at HT 😂

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I wonder what signing would make all of the people happy 

None now, we should have done it 3 days ago.

11 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The answer is none. Some on here will look for fault/negative in everything the club does

kingantti1874
Just now, jambo_No5 said:

The answer is none. Some on here will look for fault/negative in everything the club does

some actively seek it out 

19 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Someone with some bottle would be a start add in pace and fight then I'm grinning from ear to ear 

41 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Probably, shows how little the three clubs value him then. 

Or how low a basic salary we're prepared to offer him. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, jr ewing said:

Or how low a basic salary we're prepared to offer him. 

Indeed. I can’t say I’ve watched him much or really noticed him stand out against us but he seems to score goals against the OF, but as it's has been shown on here his overall stats are poor. 

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yet we still haven’t signed anyone, it be nice to get on the front foot for once instead of scrambling at the end of the month. We have a big game on Tuesday after all. 

It usually takes us a month to get a player to sign so I hope to god we have started talks. Nothing is ever straight forward at Hearts!! 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Billy Hoyle said:

It usually takes us a month to get a player to sign so I hope to god we have started talks. Nothing is ever straight forward at Hearts!! 

Loans for instance can surely be agreed before the window opens. 

Heart of Darkness
On 04/01/2021 at 00:18, 22games nro said:

Normally takes a while before things come back to bite you on the arse !!

Neil Lennon on Celtic’s controversial trip to Dubai as he insists 'it’s not a break'

The trip is a tad controversial given the global pandemic but Lennon sees it as essential business.

He said: “It’s not a break, it’s a training camp. It’s just a change of scenery. We just hope to come back refreshed and ready to go.

34 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Alex Dyer was on STV news “would you play him”? Seems a tad pissed off and is possibly questioning his professionalism and commitment. He’s usually quite calm and placid, he certainly wasn’t in the interview. I bet they listen if he ever loses his shit at HT 😂

Ain't seen much of him or any other manager on TV but I like this guy after seeing his wee 'f**I him! I'm not playing him' outburst. 👏👏👏

3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Hoof ball

Yes as we do now but with no target other than Boyce. At least if he brings in someone who is a poper target man then Boyce can feed off him.

The down side is that if he is on a par with Roberts and Frear then he will be a waste of time.

Just now, Heart of Darkness said:

Ain't seen much of him or any other manager on TV but I like this guy after seeing his wee 'f**I him! I'm not playing him' outburst. 👏👏👏

He was absolutely spot on and well done to him for saying what he thinks. The fans will appreciate that. A player will never be fully committed when he knows he is away the following season. 👏🏻👏🏻

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Loans for instance can surely be agreed before the window opens. 

Loans are difficult, especially if done pre-window, because it requires the players club to tell him they don’t really want him anymore. Also, at our level, loan fees and %age of wages clubs are prepared to pay are minimal. In a lot of cases no loan fees or wages payable as long as loanee plays every week 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Heart of Darkness said:

He seems to be doing as well as most would with them. 
Also doing us a favour taking Doyle for the season 😆

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )