January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I doubt we will. He’s fine for this season, at least. 

At this level, yeah.  But if we could get GMS on a long term he would be a fantastic replacement.  Even Jones at Rangers. 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

8 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Hard to get confused between these two,  I was relating to Tony Sibbick,  they added the Tony Sibbick thread to this one, thus the confusion.

Hmmm...     See this guy Tony, is he any relation to Toby Sibbick ?

31 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

At this level, yeah.  But if we could get GMS on a long term he would be a fantastic replacement.  Even Jones at Rangers. 

I think GMS is in the same boat as Irvine.  If we sign him in the form he was in when he left Scotland he could be a great acquisition but if time has caught up with him a little, then that might be a different story.

52 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Look Frankenstein, if you read the posts, or get someone to read them to you, you will find the deviations are more condemnation of Walker than of replacing him.    Opportunity for the interlopers and the persistent malcontents to vent their spleen not that you need much encouragement.

Surely folk are entitled to explain why they think Walker should be or could be replaced ?

I really don’t know who the hell you think you are at times.

41 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Surely folk are entitled to explain why they think Walker should be or could be replaced ?

Mr Nasty? 

Bazzas right boot

Is GMS the one that went for a swim. 

I think he's done, my Aberdeen mate says he was bang average for them and it's 2 years on. 

Jones would be interesting for me, had somthing about him, but again he's done **** all for ages. 

Stewart, not for me. Rather have Naismith in behind the striker. 

Walker is also still decent there, walker just really can't play out wide any more, he's ineffective there. 

Walker had his 1 good game in 10 a couple of weeks back so he's not due another until about Feb. 

I'd be happy with GS on loan for the rest of this season.

JJ and GMS would be good signings. Both would give us a lift.

4 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Walker had his 1 good game in 10 a couple of weeks back so he's not due another until about Feb. 

1 in 10? That's awfully generous, I reckon he's not due another decent performance until about Easter. 

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

Not you any way.  Thank God.

If you want to talk about Walker start a thread.  No need to slag the guy on an unrelated thread but that's what malcontents and interlopers do.

If I'm understanding correctly, there's a clamour to replace Walker with a guy who had a good spell with Killie a few years ago but has subsequently done absolutely nothing, is 3 years older and scored less goals in more games despite being at Rangers last season?

Cool

Ainsley Harriott
7 hours ago, cosanostra said:

I'd be happy with GS on loan for the rest of this season.

JJ and GMS would be good signings. Both would give us a lift.

Exactly this. I don't understand how Jamie gets away with his total lack of effort so easily form our support 

12 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Is this thread about Jan transfers or about Jamie Walker?

Re Toby Sibbick, his season lomg loan has been cut short so maybe there is an opportunity to sign him but how much will Robbie know about him?

Sibbick is not a player we need at this time. We are already overloaded with defensively minded midfield players. Not to mention he only managed about 3 games last time he was here. 

14 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Sibbick is not a player we need at this time. We are already overloaded with defensively minded midfield players. Not to mention he only managed about 3 games last time he was here. 

He caught glandular fever to be fair but looked good in the games he played.

The back 5 and central midfield are fine we need to strengthen our attacking options with maybe another wide player and a central forward. 

If GMS is a free I don't see any harm in bringing him in till the end of the season then decide then if we want to sign him on a couple years probably the most sensible outcome rather than firing out 3/4 year deals like we have under Levein and pay the price Martin and Damour. 

JJ from Rangers would be alright was good at Kilmarnock I wouldn't turn my nose up to any them as they are better than Walker Henderson Moore White . 

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Exactly this. I don't understand how Jamie gets away with his total lack of effort so easily form our support 

Because we are not at games

Ainsley Harriott
7 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Because we are not at games

Boy offers nothing 90% of the time but half the posters here think hes the bees knees 

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Boy offers nothing 90% of the time but half the posters here think hes the bees knees 

well he won us the game at Morton. When we needed a bit of quality he delivered it so for me it’s easy to see why fans hold out hope for him.. we have all seen the talent he possesses 

that said, he doesn’t do it enough for me which makes it all the more frustrating, especially in comparison to his first stint at the club... 

I was very disappointed in his cup final performance I have to say.. a game like that!? You need to make sure you are involved all the time.

Edited by kingantti1874

55 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

If we look at him as merely a defensive MF, you could be right but in that Rangers game he also did very well at FB for a short spell.  I believe he can play CD as well so taking him on loan for the rest of the season would provide multi cover and then we can decide where we go from there.

8 hours ago, Diego10 said:

If I'm understanding correctly, there's a clamour to replace Walker with a guy who had a good spell with Killie a few years ago but has subsequently done absolutely nothing, is 3 years older and scored less goals in more games despite being at Rangers last season?

Cool

I’m sort of a bit surprised at the clamour for Stewart?  I always thought he looked like another tentative sort when he played, capable of good little spells but disappears for longer.

A bit like Walker tbh. I’ve stuck up for JW in the past loads but the way his form has tailed dramatically is something we need to start identifying in players and looking to replace in time. We’ve had too much inconsistency blight the team in the last few years.  

2 hours ago, Billy Hoyle said:

He can play defence as well but dies seem a bit of a luxury in this window when the priority has to be another striker imo. 

Just passing on what I’ve been told 👍🏻 3 players in jan is the target 2 out, Irving new deal a priority also but attracting interest from down south and abroad 

6 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Just passing on what I’ve been told 👍🏻 3 players in jan is the target 2 out, Irving new deal a priority also but attracting interest from down south and abroad 

Love these wee snippets.

If true, hopefully the leaving ones are players that we don't want.:santa:

Sibbick was pretty damn good. Probably good competition for Haring for the no6 / DM position. 

He's obviously not a priority but would be a good signing and squad player.

I'll be happy if we only sign a striker, even on loan. That's all we require for this season. In fact I would be putting more emphasis on moving on 2 or 3 .

Gorgie Boot boy
3 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

No they don't.

90%  think he can do a lot better.

3 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

The back 5 and central midfield are fine we need to strengthen our attacking options with maybe another wide player and a central forward. 

If GMS is a free I don't see any harm in bringing him in till the end of the season then decide then if we want to sign him on a couple years probably the most sensible outcome rather than firing out 3/4 year deals like we have under Levein and pay the price Martin and Damour. 

JJ from Rangers would be alright was good at Kilmarnock I wouldn't turn my nose up to any them as they are better than Walker Henderson Moore White . 

For this season, yes, but below the quality we will need when we go up.

As for the defence - Smith and Kingsley are good enough, the jury is still out on Halkett, Popescu isn't good enough and age is catching up with Berra. In centre midfield Irving certainly has something about him but he's still a bit raw, Lee is too slow imo, Halliday is a bit meh and Haring's fitness will maybe always be a concern.

We will need younger, hungrier guys in the squad when we go up. We're going to need players who want to use us as a stepping stone to playing for a better team in a better league not guys with their best days behind them like GMS.

Who these guys are I don't know but hopefully the new guy will pull a few rabbits out of the hat

Short memories regarding Walker, he got the two goals that won us our last League match.  Didn’t have a great cup final, but was doing a job that didn’t really suit his style of play in my opinion.  He’ll play a bit part in getting us promoted and will chip in with a few goals on the way.

Gorgie Boot boy
14 hours ago, whodanny said:

Hmmm...     See this guy Tony, is he any relation to Toby Sibbick ?

Toby or not Toby

This is the question.

20 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

Short memories regarding Walker, he got the two goals that won us our last League match.  Didn’t have a great cup final, but was doing a job that didn’t really suit his style of play in my opinion.  He’ll play a bit part in getting us promoted and will chip in with a few goals on the way.

Currently joint top goal scorer and second for assists, not too shabby

12 hours ago, Diego10 said:

Cool

Think Walker burnt his bridges with a lot of people on Sunday. 

He didn't have a good game obviously but it was his crap attitude that really stood out. 

Playing for a team he supports in a cup final and he looked if he would rather be anywhere else than there tbh. 

16 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

He didn't have a good game obviously but it was his crap attitude that really stood out. 

Playing for a team he supports in a cup final and he looked if he would rather be anywhere else than there tbh. 

Maybe he wanted to go back to Greenock.......

33 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Every time I watch Walker have a game like that I wonder if he needs to spend some time with a sports psychologist. The boy's got ability but seems to vanish into his shell a lot. 

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Every time I watch Walker have a game like that I wonder if he needs to spend some time with a sports psychologist. The boy's got ability but seems to vanish into his shell a lot. 

I suspect that he was stage struck, head in a previous cup final.

He was given a difficult role not suited to him,It happens to the very best.

10 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Maybe worth a try tbh

He does have the talent and it seemed to help Sean Clare.

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Tazio said:

Is a midget it appears. 

I thought i would join in and put up a daft name,

Diego was once called names like that.

The truth with Walker is somewhere in the middle.

Yes, he pitches in with goals but it is undeniable he needs to offer more in the games, he can be a passenger a lot of the time (see the cup final).

1 hour ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I thought i would join in and put up a daft name,

Diego was once called names like that.

Phew thought it was this man back for a secondimage.jpeg.6da4ad592857c85a0282efaa31b2196a.jpeg

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )