January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

8 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I think he's ****ing rubbish, personally. Gets stretchered off greeting every game then is back the next as if nothing happened. He's a wee girl's blouse. All he can do is run. He can't cross, pass or tackle. He's literally just quick. Would absolutely bite someone's hand off for anything north of £2M. £10M is utterly scandalous.

Also, from his point of view - would he rather live in Milngavie on £10-15k p/w or in a nice German city like Dusseldorf or Cologne (or Leverkusen itself which is pretty small but a nice wee place) on £20-25k p/w...?? Hmmmmmmm.........

I couldn't tell you how bad or good he is... that's how memorable he is to me! Scandalous, as you say... and yeah, don't blame him for wanting the move - 1 or 2 mill, I wouldn't have batted an eyelid.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 hour ago, john thomas said:

Yes good , positive story about Celtic . Funny that

The funny thing about the  Lennon interview, was the cheek to say how well him and his coaching staff developed him

The £11 million will be nothing like that. Glasgow PR like to hype up players so will include all figures in that total, like agent fees, sign on fees, % paid for sell on as well as expected new wage increase over course of contract. It will also include add on such as fees to be paid once milestones met such as appearances or continental competition qualification. The actual figure being paid to Celtic as a transfer fee is likely less than half the quoted figures.

41 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

i'd be interested to see how many minutes in total he has actually played for us this season?

Couple of 74/75 minute appearances and that’s pretty much it Others have been less than 25 mins. 

1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Aye, but 11.5 mill?... after less than 2 years in the spl? Something doesn't smell right. 💩...unless his wages are astronomical for the remaining 2 years. i dunno, doesn't add up for me. I can't even remember him playing against us, is he really THAT good?

The actual fee payable now will be less than half the £11m. Glasgow media include everything in their so called player transfer value eg fee, agents cut, signing on fee, potential image rights, wages over length of contract, future add-ons, etc etc. If I’m right and initial fee is about £5m after City’s cut Celtic will probably get about £3m. Still pretty good for a nobody to be honest. 

42 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Robbie said last night he was hoping to get 1 or 2 more in. 

Also said in the next couple of days but everything seems very quiet.

Normally names floating about but doesn't seem to be much in the way people having any knowledge of who we are looking at 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

The actual fee payable now will be less than half the £11m. Glasgow media include everything in their so called player transfer value eg fee, agents cut, signing on fee, potential image rights, wages over length of contract, future add-ons, etc etc. If I’m right and initial fee is about £5m after City’s cut Celtic will probably get about £3m. Still pretty good for a nobody to be honest. 

Yeah, you're right when you put it like that... still, I await the multi billion pound exodus when the rest follow... hopefully.

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yeah, there's no way Celtic will be getting £11.5m. If they were getting that much you can be sure they'd be crowing about it. Instead, there's talk of a 'robust' fee. God knows what that means, but you can be absolutely sure it doesn't translate as over £10m into the Mhanks' coffers.

1 minute ago, CAR said:

Also said in the next couple of days but everything seems very quiet.

Normally names floating about but doesn't seem to be much in the way people having any knowledge of who we are looking at 

Armand came out of the blue, we seem to play our cards close to our chests now

1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Aye, but 11.5 mill?... after less than 2 years in the spl? Something doesn't smell right. 💩...unless his wages are astronomical for the remaining 2 years. i dunno, doesn't add up for me. I can't even remember him playing against us, is he really THAT good?

Agreed it stinks they can get that type of money for him, Hickey is just as good and we get peanuts for our players.

Just now, lou said:

Yeah but his name had at least been mentioned along with quite a few  others.

We appear to be after an attacking midfielder and a right back but there's just no speculation at all about who it could be.

Definitely appears we are doing a good job of keeping those cards close.

Ha the irony of some people, Boyce isn't good enough to play for the old firm, he's not that level, away and don't talk alot of shite 😂😂

13 minutes ago, May one-six said:

Yeah, there's no way Celtic will be getting £11.5m. If they were getting that much you can be sure they'd be crowing about it. Instead, there's talk of a 'robust' fee. God knows what that means, but you can be absolutely sure it doesn't translate as over £10m into the Mhanks' coffers.

Think you are correct . Don't remember that phrase being used to describe a transfer before . Not massive , substantial , healthy just robust

19 minutes ago, lou said:

Long may that continue. Why alert other teams to our targets (although the agents will probably do that)

bobby bombscare
41 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Couple of 74/75 minute appearances and that’s pretty much it Others have been less than 25 mins. 

That's not sounding like value for money if we are going to be paying the wages..

44 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The £11 million will be nothing like that. Glasgow PR like to hype up players so will include all figures in that total, like agent fees, sign on fees, % paid for sell on as well as expected new wage increase over course of contract. It will also include add on such as fees to be paid once milestones met such as appearances or continental competition qualification. The actual figure being paid to Celtic as a transfer fee is likely less than half the quoted figures.

I remember Wanyama signing for Southampton for 12 mil,it included all of the above and his wage

33 minutes ago, May one-six said:

"Robust" in football terms means dirty as feck, as in "a robust challenge".

Robust = dirty, "robust fee" = dirty money.

Dirty money = undeclared-income / proceeds of criminal activity / large brown envelopes...

Undeclared-income / proceeds of criminal activity / large brown envelopes = ra sellick way, by ra way, no?

Allegedly.

Edited by Auld Reekin'

2 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

"Robust" in football terms means dirty as feck, as in "a robust challenge".

Robust = dirty, "robust fee" = dirty money.

Dirty money = undeclared-income / proceeds of criminal activity / large brown envelopes...

Undeclared-income / proceeds of criminal activity / large brown envelopes = ra sellick way, by ra way, no?

Allegedly.

You could be onto something there 😉

quockerwodgerjambo
27 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Ha the irony of some people, Boyce isn't good enough to play for the old firm, he's not that level, away and don't talk alot of shite 😂😂

Who are these people, Boycie has suitors right now.

32 minutes ago, May one-six said:

So, basically, what we're saying here is that the fabulous Scottish media are trying their level best to make out that sellick are still 'big players' in the world of football.

I'm assuming they'll rake in billions when the rest of their squad get their (much wanted) moves away from paradise? Aye, right.

quockerwodgerjambo
36 minutes ago, CAR said:

Yeah but his name had at least been mentioned along with quite a few  others.

We appear to be after an attacking midfielder and a right back but there's just no speculation at all about who it could be.

Definitely appears we are doing a good job of keeping those cards close.

We had Nando on a list of 5 strikers, he knew about us early December. It was easy getting him in, his hunger and sense of belonging with us done the deal. On the incoming front , we are still speaking to a Scottish international midfielder. Missed out on a deal last time around, the issue is that the player doesn't know if he can move due to restrictions etc, we have two other targets if it fails. Rife activity, other clubs think we are an easy touch. Some of them are seeing us as vulnerable in our ability to keep hold of players, Boycie is being sniffed.

3 minutes ago, quockerwodgerjambo said:

We had Nando on a list of 5 strikers, he knew about us early December. It was easy getting him in, his hunger and sense of belonging with us done the deal. On the incoming front , we are still speaking to a Scottish international midfielder. Missed out on a deal last time around, the issue is that the player doesn't know if he can move due to restrictions etc, we have two other targets if it fails. Rife activity, other clubs think we are an easy touch. Some of them are seeing us as vulnerable in our ability to keep hold of players, Boycie is being sniffed.

Interesting one, I hope we keep Boyce but if there was an offer I wonder what we would want for him.

7 minutes ago, quockerwodgerjambo said:

It's funny you say that, as surely anyone in the game would know we're in ruder health than 95% of clubs in Scotland, maybe more!!

quockerwodgerjambo
1 minute ago, steve123 said:

Interesting one, I hope we keep Boyce but if there was an offer I wonder what we would want for him.

We have no interest in selling him.

He is scoring goals while below his best, when i say that i mean he misses a lot of sitters. My question is , what is his best position. He looks good on the edge of the box a little turn a burst of pace. I want to see him on the pitch at the same time as Nando, a pairing worth it's weight in gold to our future.

Priceless not for sale.

quockerwodgerjambo
3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

It's funny you say that, as surely anyone in the game would know we're in ruder health than 95% of clubs in Scotland, maybe more!!

I was indicating towards Non Scottish clubs mate.

1 minute ago, quockerwodgerjambo said:

He is scoring goals while below his best, when i say that i mean he misses a lot of sitters. My question is , what is his best position. He looks good on the edge of the box a little turn a burst of pace. I want to see him on the pitch at the same time as Nando, a pairing worth it's weight in gold to our future.

Priceless not for sale.

Hopefully you are right, I suppose I was just musing if somebody came along and offered a million quid or so if they would consider it.

quockerwodgerjambo
Just now, steve123 said:

Hopefully you are right, I suppose I was just musing if somebody came along and offered a million quid or so if they would consider it.

We don't need the money mate, i will say this though. Anything short of a **** off and i will personally go have a word.

12 minutes ago, quockerwodgerjambo said:

Thanks m8

That's what I'm talking about! Any idea what Boycie's thoughts are on the is?

Just now, quockerwodgerjambo said:

We don't need the money mate, i will say this though. Anything short of a **** off and i will personally go have a word.

Cheers good to hear 

59 minutes ago, lou said:

It was interesting to read that Robbie was saying he knew of Armand from his time at MK Dons. 

4 minutes ago, Abiola Dauda said:

I think it will be a centre back and maybe a midfielder. 

I hope you are right but Robbie was quoted as saying he wants cover for Right Back now that Brandon is out for at least the rest of the season.

So not sure it will be a Centre Back although I think we could do with one.

5 minutes ago, quockerwodgerjambo said:

Gakker.....

:lol: 

quockerwodgerjambo
Just now, CAR said:

Thanks m8

That's what I'm talking about! Any idea what Boycie's thoughts are on the is?

Liam loves playing for us, he is still getting into it. the last year has been a crazy journey for us all, we are talking about a player who is still bedding in. The virus hit everything so hard, people are still trying to live their life while playing football in another country. This is similar to Oly Lee was moved on. Boycie is going nowhere, he has no intention to move either. He is still trying to settle into a type of life here. Something missed in all the hat. Non Scottish players have life's to live, bringing non sport challenges. Personal issues hanging over their heads, living in restrictions. No chilling out time together, messing around etc. No fans, not as easy as people seem to think. Life is what Boycie thinks about, a gem of a bloke.

1 minute ago, David Black said:

Going by all the ITK'rs on here, Tynecastle must leak like a sieve. 

Just enjoy afternoon story time 🤣

Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, David Black said:

Going by all the ITK'rs on here, Tynecastle must leak like a sieve. 

Weirdly none of them are very often right with their info 

1 minute ago, quockerwodgerjambo said:

Liam loves playing for us, he is still getting into it. the last year has been a crazy journey for us all, we are talking about a player who is still bedding in. The virus hit everything so hard, people are still trying to live their life while playing football in another country. This is similar to Oly Lee was moved on. Boycie is going nowhere, he has no intention to move either. He is still trying to settle into a type of life here. Something missed in all the hat. Non Scottish players have life's to live, bringing non sport challenges. Personal issues hanging over their heads, living in restrictions. No chilling out time together, messing around etc. No fans, not as easy as people seem to think. Life is what Boycie thinks about, a gem of a bloke.

Good to know he isn't looking to move on

I would be really keen to see how he plays up front with nando when both are 100%

quockerwodgerjambo
5 minutes ago, CAR said:

Good to know he isn't looking to move on

I would be really keen to see how he plays up front with nando when both are 100%

Again players having to get up to speed or over niggles that hold them back from their best form.Boycie is dealing with his issues best he can, Nando is lacking a months work.

February mate.

Oh wait, Andy Irving has played more games than Liam Boyce. That is the tale end of it .

Edited by quockerwodgerjambo

20 minutes ago, Abiola Dauda said:

I think it will be a centre back and maybe a midfielder. 

Hopefully 👍

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
30 minutes ago, quockerwodgerjambo said:

Probably nonsense, but any shouts for who this Scottish international midfielder could be? Kevin mcdonald?

24 minutes ago, quockerwodgerjambo said:

Priceless not for sale.

But does he want to be here? Body language at times suggests not. 

Just now, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Probably nonsense, but any shouts for who this Scottish international midfielder could be? Kevin mcdonald?

That would be a cracking signing 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

But does he want to be here? Body language at times suggests not. 

He’s currently channeling his inner Liam to give us more thoughts..... 

2 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Millwall after porteous, quoted interest.    Strange that, as I recall Millwall are usually good defensively.  😂 

Is he signing for their Casuals? Pretendy wee hard man. Should do well.

8 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

I'll go - Liam Kelly 

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )