January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I'd take him in a heartbeat if we could do business, i don't think we're willing to pay much money though and who the hell wants Wighton or Damour?

Damour took a kick in the opener against Dross county last season, this has been a long process for the lad.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

2 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Damour took a kick in the opener against Dross county last season, this has been a long process for the lad.

He wasn't great before that, the 4 year deal was an act of desperation from Levein. 

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

That walker who scored both goals to win the game at Morton?

You'd think folk would have learned about making any big changes and replacements in January, it doesn't work. 

This team has a great togetherness and will pap the championship, no need for major surgery in January. 

That Walker that played in a Scottish Cup Final yesterday and did the square root of ****all and looked as if he would rather be somewhere else. 

As others have said, no need to go crazy. Focus should be tying the key players up on longer deals and trying to shift the surplus. In an ideal world I would really like to sign a young up and coming CB (think Webster way back) to drip feed into the team over the 2nd half of this campaign to be ready for more next season. 

Ultimately, for just now, we have enough and don't need to be doing much business to see us out this league. 

18 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Is Soutter due back soon? He slots into defence and Berra is cover. Popescu can go. A wee dynamo midfielder would make me happy 

Crocked mate, even if he does come back, he won't be the same player. 

35 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Got to agree.  I used to stick up for JW but it’s alarming how his early season start has tailed off rapidly. There was absolutely no reason for it to in a football sense. 

I think he’s at a crossroads big time to whether he gets kept on or not. Early season he looked so sharp, switched on and his old self. Even though he’s scored recently his general performances haven’t really been inspiring. He’s at an age he should be more consistent than he is. Far more. 

Yip you know I like Jamie as a player and does have a bit class about him but he was poor yesterday which was disappointing in such a big game. He does seem to be lacking in sharpness and unable to get away from a player. He is certainly at a crossroads and if doesn’t find form quick will find himself in the wilderness 

Gorgie Boot boy
26 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

He wasn't great before that, the 4 year deal was an act of desperation from Levein. 

What do you mean before that, his first league game for us and he gets a kick in the ankle / heel.

He has been suffering with that issue since.

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

As others have said, no need to go crazy. Focus should be tying the key players up on longer deals and trying to shift the surplus. In an ideal world I would really like to sign a young up and coming CB (think Webster way back) to drip feed into the team over the 2nd half of this campaign to be ready for more next season. 

Ultimately, for just now, we have enough and don't need to be doing much business to see us out this league. 

We can’t anyway but the permanent signing were after will obviously need to help us when we get back up. We need more pace all over the pitch. Naismith/Zeefuik/Adao etc all helped us when they were signed in January, Neilson likes strengthening in this window and I’m not sure why anyone would question him wanting to do it. 

4 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

What do you mean before that, his first league game for us and he gets a kick in the ankle / heel.

He has been suffering with that issue since.

Sorry, just to be clear, are you saying that he got injured in his first game for us and then played another 17 games injured?

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Sorry, just to be clear, are you saying that he got injured in his first game for us and then played another 17 games injured?

Pretty much ow it worked out for us and him.

Gorgie Boot boy

Yeah i do question it, the same as i question all the other players who were played carrying injuries.

We know what happened.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Yeah i do question it, the same as i question all the other players who were played carrying injuries.

We know what happened.

Do we though? What do you think happened?

36 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Jackson Irvine available on a free. 

He's the sort of player we should be going for. Maybe Boyce and Kingsley being here could persuade him. 

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

Do we though? What do you think happened?

Ok i will do this with you.

We picked up numerous injuries during a terrible spell, players were played carrying injuries that a stronger squad could of dealt with.

Just so happened we lost around 9 of our first choice players in that spell, certain people within the club at that time got caught out.

They got it wrong as they had no clue how to deal with it all, threw money at more players who were no where near a decent standard to step in.

Peter Haring was also a victim of idiocy on the behalf of we know who , not sure about Souttar he already had issues before we signed him.

That regime has been replaced in most areas, thankful  for that. Luic is back in training, he has been in and out of things on and off.

Do i think he is good enough, he has had a couple of good games for us.

Who knows what is next for him.

56 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Yep. He pops up with a goal every so often but offers absolutely nothing else.

Yesterday's performance from him was an embarrassment to the jersey. 

He's a League 1 player. Airdrie or some pish can have him. 

Totally agree. He won’t play for a bigger club than us. I don’t even think he’s a championship player at all and the hype over him would suggest that he should be a standout in this league but sadly no.

I don’t care how good he is in training, he just doesn’t produce the goods enough for me.  In big games he has a tendency to hide and yesterday confirmed to me that I think he’s best moved on when his contract is up. Yesterday’s efforts from him were a disgrace to our jersey. 

As it is he’s a league 1 player at best. Will end up at Falkirk or Airdrie as you say. 

Yesterday was the final straw for Jamie Walker as far as I'm concerned.  He should be shipped out pronto.

A couple of loans from England will do for me unless we can do a great deal for someone permanent who's good enough for next season back in the Prem.

16 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He's the sort of player we should be going for. Maybe Boyce and Kingsley being here could persuade him. 

Decent pedigree but why is he still unattached?

9 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Ok i will do this with you.

We picked up numerous injuries during a terrible spell, players were played carrying injuries that a stronger squad could of dealt with.

Just so happened we lost around 9 of our first choice players in that spell, certain people within the club at that time got caught out.

They got it wrong as they had no clue how to deal with it all, threw money at more players who were no where near a decent standard to step in.

Peter Haring was also a victim of idiocy on the behalf of we know who , not sure about Souttar he already had issues before we signed him.

That regime has been replaced in most areas, thankful  for that. Luic is back in training, he has been in and out of things on and off.

Do i think he is good enough, he has had a couple of good games for us.

Who knows what is next for him.

I can't disagree with that. Very well put. 

Maybe playing Jamie Walker as part of a midfield 3 whose job was to try and sit and break up play wasn't conducive to getting the best out of him eh?

Lee would have been a far better bet in that shape but Robbie knows Walker can create when we get him on the ball up the pitch so picked him.  Didn't work but he is more than capable of scoring and creating goals for us, which he's done plenty this season.

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

I can't disagree with that. Very well put. 

It took a while for it all to catch up with us, it did though.

We all suffer the same feeling because of others,forgetting it all will never happen in my life time.

Good luck mate

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Decent pedigree but why is he still unattached?

No idea. He reject Sheff Wednesday at the start of the season. Maybe just fancies a year out 🤷

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Cruyff said:

No idea. He reject Sheff Wednesday at the start of the season. Maybe just fancies a year out 🤷

This window will be the difference between us a year ago and now, plenty players are still unattached.

There are two players we missed out on at the last minute, they are both still available.

4 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

Maybe playing Jamie Walker as part of a midfield 3 whose job was to try and sit and break up play wasn't conducive to getting the best out of him eh?

Lee would have been a far better bet in that shape but Robbie knows Walker can create when we get him on the ball up the pitch so picked him.  Didn't work but he is more than capable of scoring and creating goals for us, which he's done plenty this season.

Let’s not try and shoehorn Jamie Walker into different positions and hope he’s got something more to give. I used to call him a 1 in 10 game player for us . I think that’s generous now tbh. He’s mince. 

Gorgie Boot boy

Tommy Walker would have a few words to say about Jamie, what a reputation to live up to.

Jamie has legendary Jambo blood running through him, never forget that.

It took a while for it all to catch up with us, it did though.

We all suffer the same feeling because of others,forgetting it all will never happen in my life time.

Good luck mate

Not sure i'm as sure as you when it comes to "it will never happen again in my life time" but fingers crossed!

Easy to think we're back on track again while playing teams in the Championship. I don't get the whole proud thing when losing another cup final either, but that's just me. 

1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Tommy Walker would have a few words to say about Jamie, what a reputation to live up to.

Jamie has legendary Jambo blood running through him, never forget that.

Big ****ing deal he’s a distant relative of a far better player than he’ll ever be 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

That Walker that played in a Scottish Cup Final yesterday and did the square root of ****all and looked as if he would rather be somewhere else. 

We can't bin players after every poor game, that's not how it works. 

Never has. 

He's more than good enough for this championship campaign as proven by his match winners v Morton. 

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Stendelnator said:

Big ****ing deal he’s a distant relative of a far better player than he’ll ever be 

That is not up for debate though,Jamie has a decent record for us.

He could do a lot better in harassing etc, on his game though he can be a match winner.

7 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Let’s not try and shoehorn Jamie Walker into different positions and hope he’s got something more to give. I used to call him a 1 in 10 game player for us . I think that’s generous now tbh. He’s mince. 

Playing him in the positions he can actually play isn't shoehorning him in, is it?  He's played well against Dundee, Morton  Alloa and QoTS in the league, he's only played 6 games.

We're not going to play the same team/formation every week.  In attacking teams he's a good option, he was a fish out of water yesterday

12 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

This window will be the difference between us a year ago and now, plenty players are still unattached.

There are two players we missed out on at the last minute, they are both still available.

Who they? 

Isn't there some kind of wage limit for league 1 and 2 coming in also? 

That is not up for debate though,Jamie has a decent record for us.

He could do a lot better in harassing etc, on his game though he can be a match winner.

Will become a legend after he's left. 

18 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

Yesterday was the final straw for Jamie Walker as far as I'm concerned.  He should be shipped out pronto.

A couple of loans from England will do for me unless we can do a great deal for someone permanent who's good enough for next season back in the Prem.

Loads of people pointed out during the week that Walker hides in big games and when the going gets tough in run of the mill games. His selection was a mystery to me when Ginelly was clearly fit as a fiddle and Lee had done pretty well leading up to the game. Whether Robbie just thought ‘experience’ and not much else when he was picking the team I don’t know but selecting Walker was a mistake which became blindingly obvious after 20 minutes. Just get the guy TF he’s had numerous chances and he hasn’t got the mindset for top level football.

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We can't bin players after every poor game, that's not how it works. 

Never has. 

He's more than good enough for this championship campaign as proven by his match winners v Morton. 

He better start to pull his socks up then. He’s been less than average in almost every game he’s played for us since he came back. 

Gorgie Boot boy
3 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Not sure i'm as sure as you when it comes to "it will never happen again in my life time" but fingers crossed!

Easy to think we're back on track again while playing teams in the Championship. I don't get the whole proud thing when losing another cup final either, but that's just me. 

I will never forget them shitebag arseholes in my lifetime.

No idea if i am proud or what the word is regarding yesterdays events, i went through so many emotions highs lows and felt lonely not being at the game with all you folk.

I wanted us to be super duper the real ****ing deal, we did that bit and just missed out in the end. I honestly thought we were done for at half time, even in the darkest times

late 70's to the mid 80's i had that connection to the football side. For the last number of years that had went into hiding, it came back during the match.

I saw a side fighting to get back into the big game, the way we went at it for 75 minutes was all i ever wanted from a Hearts side.

A Prentice Robbo and Jardine would of won us that game.

Gorgie Boot boy
11 minutes ago, Deevers said:

He better start to pull his socks up then. He’s been less than average in almost every game he’s played for us since he came back. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Walker_(footballer)

He has roughly looking at the stats a one in three goal scoring ratio.

7 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I will never forget them shitebag arseholes in my lifetime.

No idea if i am proud or what the word is regarding yesterdays events, i went through so many emotions highs lows and felt lonely not being at the game with all you folk.

I wanted us to be super duper the real ****ing deal, we did that bit and just missed out in the end. I honestly thought we were done for at half time, even in the darkest times

late 70's to the mid 80's i had that connection to the football side. For the last number of years that had went into hiding, it came back during the match.

I saw a side fighting to get back into the big game, the way we went at it for 75 minutes was all i ever wanted from a Hearts side.

A Prentice Robbo and Jardine would of won us that game.

Shot our self's in the foot first half, to be 2-0 down against a Celtic team that are currently horrendous at the back and it was looking like it could end up 5-0. Yes, we fought back in the 2nd half ( i wouldn't expect anything less) but there was no quality whatsoever, good header from Boyce and 2 scrappy as **** goals, the boys need to commended for getting to penalty's through fight and nothing else, but to go a head in penalties and then to take the 2 worst penalties i've seen in a long time, it made me angry. I could see straight away that Kingsley had put the ball on the back of the spot and i was like awwwwwww no. You can forgive him for his 2 step up shit shot because he played well but then Wighton stepped up, just shoot me now. 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Yeah, I don't think he's the medium or long term fix, more than fine for the Championship. 

Folk need to understand the club is financially under pressure and we'll achieve our goal of promotion. 

We don't need to buy a ferrari to complete this road trip. A 5 year old Ford will complete it no bother with a bit to spare. 

Gorgie Boot boy
19 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Who they? 

Isn't there some kind of wage limit for league 1 and 2 coming in also? 

I am going by words from weeks ago, these restrictions are on the for front of my mind.

I would need to be better informed to answer your query.

Robbie said a few weeks ago no more one in one out.

We are looking to bring players in though,  not sure if things have changed again to be honest.

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Shot our self's in the foot first half, to be 2-0 down against a Celtic team that are currently horrendous at the back and it was looking like it could end up 5-0. Yes, we fought back in the 2nd half ( i wouldn't expect anything less) but there was no quality whatsoever, good header from Boyce and 2 scrappy as **** goals, the boys need to commended for getting to penalty's through fight and nothing else, but to go a head in penalties and then to take the 2 worst penalties i've seen in a long time, it made me angry. I could see straight away that Kingsley had put the ball on the back of the spot and i was like awwwwwww no. You can forgive him for his 2 step up shit shot because he played well but then Wighton stepped up, just shoot me now. 

At this present time this is what we have to play with, if it was up to me then a lot of the present players would of been punted already.

We have a few decisions to make on who stays and who comes in, this will be dealt with within the next 6 months.

I would leave it for the moment, concentrate on younger Scottish talent who are ready to go up with us next year.

Expect us all to still be in lockdown up till next summer, this is not as easy as people may think it is.

8 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Greedy Jambo indeed.

If you can't give any credit for fighting back against Celtic then you might as well give up

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah, I don't think he's the medium or long term fix, more than fine for the Championship. 

Folk need to understand the club is financially under pressure and we'll achieve our goal of promotion. 

We don't need to buy a ferrari to complete this road trip. A 5 year old Ford will complete it no bother with a bit to spare. 

That’s certainly true - maybe just me but I like players who play for us to look interested and show just a bit of effort.  Walker looks like he’s just not bothered these days. Totally anonymous in that first half.  I think he’s lost it these days. A pity as at one time he looked a real prospect. I’d love him to prove me wrong, but unfortunately I don’t think that’s going to happen.

A_A wehatethehibs

Mentality of Walker will always be the fundamental reason why he never kicked on to a higher level or national caps. Remains to be seen if he’ll ever break through that barrier in his own head. Dont think anybody believes he will. 

Still think he’s handy to have though as he does have an eye for goal. Bigger picture is 4 goals and 2 assists in 10 games. Only bettered by Boyce so I’d say he’s at least pulling his weight this season. But a big disappointment in the cup final, let’s be honest most of us saw that coming, we all had Ginelly in our starting line ups. If we get to more semis and finals I’ll not want Walker starting

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )