January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

kingantti1874

Well 4 league games do what do we need 😂

Another Ginelly type for me is essential as is another striker.. with pace or real physicality to compliment what we have.. 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

22 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Another Ginelly type for me is essential as is another striker.. with pace or real physicality to compliment what we have.. 

probably look to shift one or two first. 

22 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

only if available for free I'd imagine. we aren't pulling up trees but have just lost 1 game in 9. I'd imagine RN will be focussing on getting the existing squad to up their game - or play younger fringe players. Save the money for next season

I dont think most team will be doing alot of business in this transfer window, with the uncertainty of when fans will return i imagine most teams (especialy in Scotland) will be looking to lower there wage bill and we will be no different. I do agree that we are going to have to add to the squad but it will most likely be done in the summer window or maybe 1 in 1 out if we do anything in this next window.

All well and good wanting these players but I can't imagine we would bring many in unless others are shipped out to make room.

Can't imagine the budget is as big as the premiership along with all the lack of income from Covid.

Would agree a couple of wingers and a target man might be a good shout. Perhaps this Danish boy we were looking at it in the summer window. Staggering to me that we let AM go to Spain only for the likes of Frear to turn in the performances he has for us of late.

Edited by Ccjambo1874

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

So we can hoof it up to him....🥺

Somebody that can run the channels, hold the ball up, link up play, win headers and support Boyce or Wighton and score goals.

The Treasurer
22 minutes ago, jambo3tevie said:

I dont think most team will be doing alot of business in this transfer window, with the uncertainty of when fans will return i imagine most teams (especialy in Scotland) will be looking to lower there wage bill and we will be no different. I do agree that we are going to have to add to the squad but it will most likely be done in the summer window or maybe 1 in 1 out if we do anything in this next window.

This is where the government should be stepping in.

Clubs will be struggling to splash out more money that they don't have on players unless Nicola gives them some taxpayers cash

2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Clubs will be struggling to splash out more money that they don't have on players unless Nicola gives them some taxpayers cash

I can only speak for myself but i would not be happy for the SG to bail out any clubs with taxpayers hard earned cash. Football should not get any more priority than any other type of business and they had/have the furlough scheme the same as everyone else.

As long as we are fine the rest of them can just implode and cease to exist for all i care.

Only Hearts!

alwaysthereinspirit
21 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Hopefully see some out,Zlamal,Doyle,Damour for a start.

Some of the younger guys not up to it either,Brandon,Henderson.

How is possible to go from English Championship/Premier league to not being good enough for Scottish Championship?

His agent must be brilliant.

9 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

How is possible to go from English Championship/Premier league to not being good enough for Scottish Championship?

His agent must be brilliant.

Is Damour still injured?

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Someone to drive forwards from middle of park (Halliday may be that person if Haring stays fit), get that area sorted then we can think about a 5th winger or strikers.

If he had not retired and was fit, Zeefuik.

Someone like him who can do the job. Probably someone who has played in the Champ before so we know that they can play against teams that will kick you off the park etc.

Not sure about getting people in but getting Elliot Fraud out should be a priority.

We defo need a forward and I'd like to see some pace in other areas of the team.

53 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Absolutely this. How are Celtic for instance going to afford another multi million pound player if the SG don't bail them out. Far too much being spent on frivolities like health and education.

tartofmidlothian

Extending Stewart's loan in and Doyle's loan out. Getting Damour and maybe Zlamal off the books, if Harry Stone is up to being our third choice.

I'm happy with the squad we have otherwise, although another forward would be good. Between injuries and form dips, someone who can score Championship goals would be nice. The semi and the final will be out the way, our priority now will be to try and stamp out blips like the Pars game.

alwaysthereinspirit
52 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Is Damour still injured?

Not sure. That’s at least better than just being useless. He did look lost when given a chance. Caught in possession at bad moments. 

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Another Ginelly type isn't going to add much, imo.      Another Halliday type though - supporting Boyce with runs beyond him.    Maybe try to sign someone  currently at a higher level  on a pre-contract for the summer ?      We're a bit light at CB too, especially if Smith decides to leave.

A Shoreditch Heart
6 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Another Ginelly type isn't going to add much, imo.      Another Halliday type though - supporting Boyce with runs beyond him.    Maybe try to sign someone  currently at a higher level  on a pre-contract for the summer ?      We're a bit light at CB too, especially if Smith decides to leave.

yeah, I'm a bit worried that someone will come for Michael Smith

Jimmy Dunne on a pre-contract please. (If only!) :( 

Like the look of the Dunfermline defender Euan Murray, and he's scored about 6 goals, pretty decent for a defender. 

Get Toby Sibbick back (on loan at Oostende) 

Upfront there's plenty players available on Transfermarkt.com Worth having a look at.

Think we might get one player in on a short term deal or loan, hopefully a forward. This squad should be good enough to win the League. Save any big transfers for summer.

22 minutes ago, A Shoreditch Heart said:

yeah, I'm a bit worried that someone will come for Michael Smith

I am too but the reality is that we've lost around £5m this year so any money received from transfer fees will be welcome. He might be one of our better players but if we can't get promoted out of this league without him then questions need to be asked

Just now, Musemic said:

I am too but the reality is that we've lost around £5m this year so any money received from transfer fees will be welcome. He might be one of our better players but if we can't get promoted out of this league without him then questions need to be asked

I'd also be trying to get Steven O'Donnell signed up. I believe he's on a six month short-term deal at Motherwell and even if he isn't, and he's on a one year deal, wouldn't be a bad thing to get him on a pre-contract for next season. Michael Smith will leave eventually.

I will be surprised if we sign anyone to be honest unless a players or two goes out , I think it’s all to do with us winning the league with the players we have already and then strengthen the squad for next season.

Apologies I previously put this on the wrong thread 🤦‍♂️

4 hours ago, MTS1874 said:

Big mobile target man please.

Agree. 

Think we need a more physical player up front as a different option in this league. 

Teams know how to play against us and we could do with mixing it up a bit at times. 

SectionFJambo

Doubt we will do much business at all, maybe clear a few of the players we don't want such as Zlamal if opportunities allow how otherwise expect us to conserve cash and get through to the summer and a SPL return.

As much as the squad is poorer than we would like to see it's going up easily and better keeping the cash for the summer than throwing it around to go up with a few more points spare.

Obviously money is an issue but we really need another striker, another winger, and another CB. 

I'd say getting Smith and Kingsley onto longer deals is a necessity first. And Ginnelly if he gets fit and continues with his form so far.

A_A wehatethehibs

What do we need in January?

The same thing every team in world football needs, every transfer window.

A goalscorer

I think there’ll be a chance we’ll get one or two loanees in, looking for game time. Be good to find another Zeefuik. But by and large it’ll be down to this group, fairly unchanged, to get us promoted and they will get the job done. 

Next summer i wouldn’t be surprised to see 10 out 10 in we will see an all new Hearts team ready to carry out an all out assault on the premiership. 

Genuinely cannot see much if any movement from clubs in January to lack of funds.

Will be a dull and boring window I think. 

4 hours ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Genuinely cannot see much if any movement from clubs in January to lack of funds.

Will be a dull and boring window I think. 

It could also go the other way.  Clubs struggling to survive may be forced to sell a star player at knock down price just to survive.  The richer clubs could benefit.  Cash is king.

4 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Concentrate in trying to get some players tied down onto new contracts, get some pre contracts sorted and then look to shift some. 

Agree with this. 

M. Smith, Kingsley and Irving should be resigned. 

LB/CB Murray Wallace

RB Stephen O'Donnell

LCB Stuart Findlay

RCB Declan Gallagher 

CM Liam Polworth 

ST Eamonn Brophy

All out of contract in practically every position we need to strengthen. 

Can't wait for our next batch of losers, frauds and injury prone crocks to come through the door.

Phyliss, Audrey, Agnus, Betty and Linda will be scouting them as we speak.

Been saying another striker since before this season started. At least 1.

Boyce isn't firing on all cylinders at the moment, and even if he were, we'd be so heavily reliant on him. Sick of us always being so reliant on one or 2 individuals all the time.

Just now, Locky said:

Been saying another striker since before this season started. At least 1.

Boyce isn't firing on all cylinders at the moment, and even if he were, we'd be so heavily reliant on him. Sick of us always being so reliant on one or 2 individuals all the time.

Wighton is horse shit and Boyce misses way too many.

55 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Agree with this. 

M. Smith, Kingsley and Irving should be resigned. 

LB/CB Murray Wallace

RB Stephen O'Donnell

LCB Stuart Findlay

RCB Declan Gallagher 

CM Liam Polworth 

ST Eamonn Brophy

All out of contract in practically every position we need to strengthen. 

Brophy and Findlay are the two that I was going to post. I'd like to see us approach Brophy in particular and see if there is anything that can be done to bring him to the club in the next window.

Just now, bajthejambo said:

Brophy and Findlay are the two that I was going to post. I'd like to see us approach Brophy in particular and see if there is anything that can be done to bring him to the club in the next window.

Brophy would join us and be a flop. Seen it too many times.

I think we need a striker and a winger who can actually put the ball in the back of the net.

Would also love to sign Findlay and Brophy for the Premiership next season.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Brophy would join us and be a flop. Seen it too many times.

Entirely possible, but we're fairly limited in the calibre of players we can attract. We could apply that logic to just about any target, unfortunately.

Naismith, Lee, Haring, Walker and Halckett imo are the only names I would ever be happy picking out the hat in a pre match sweepstake 

Edited by i8hibsh

10 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

Findlay would be a perfect signing. Good age, left sided, wins aerial battles. A longterm replacement for Berra but better on the ball. 

Brophy isn't exactly a prolific goalscorer but he'd be a good option to have. 

11 hours ago, Gambo said:

Someone to drive forwards from middle of park (Halliday may be that person if Haring stays fit), get that area sorted then we can think about a 5th winger or strikers.

I agree with you about Halliday, it seems as if he likes to get forward and Haring can provide the cover to allow him to do so.  

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Wighton is horse shit and Boyce misses way too many.

Wighton is our top scorer this season, and he managed to score two penalties in a game rather than miss two, as Boyce did.  I'd drop Boyce and put Wighton up top.

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )