Gary Holt has resigned

ritchies75

LungsOfMidlothian
7 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Hmmm, I wonder if he is in the know,  re a vacancy about to arise.

It’s us after Alloa. Neilson facing fan revolt after only winning 3-0. 

It's a bit hilarious to see a club like Livingston reacting to the situation of being 10th from 12 in the top division.  Even the chairman recognises that they've thus far over-achieved.  But fair play to him for having the ambition to stay at a higher level than their natural place.  Their level is probably where they are right now.  

It's maybe a bit like Hearts having a manager and the fans hounding him out while we're sitting in 3rd place... oh wait.

Bit of a strange one. If it was a reaction to the result on Saturday, then you'd expect that he'd resign earlier in the week. Having as good a season as a club like Livi can really expect, and got a great chance of getting to a Quarter Final on Saturday.

My guess is a bust up with the board, or he's been offered a job that he can't refuse, but the employer can't afford to pay his compensation.

25 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Probably pissed off being told what to do and who to pick by David Martindale 

Or pissed off that Martindale is refusing to cut him in on his best deals.. 😉

11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Is he seen as a bright light by bigger clubs? 🤷🏼‍♂️

I don't know, i just couldn't see him leaving unless he was being priced out of a move by Livi. Of course, it could be anything, a personal issue or a falling out of sorts. 

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

Or pissed off that Martindale is refusing to cut him in on his best deals.. 😉

yep, will be something along these lines.. that club is bent as **** and no one even questions it

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Darnell from Big Brother. Martindale runs the show there am sure David Hopkin left due to him also. 

And Kenny Miller 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

And Kenny Miller 

Jesus I forgot he had that job . Is he not meant to be some ex drug dealer or gangster with no football past . 

Strange. He has done a decent job, but nothing that stands him out from others. There is also the Martindale stories of him being the one that makes it work. 

Perhaps someone has approached him, though.   Or maybe he senses incoming financial issues.  

Edited by Paolo

10 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Jesus I forgot he had that job . Is he not meant to be some ex drug dealer or gangster with no football past . 

Yup, sentenced to 6.5 years for coke smuggling in 2006, guy should be nowhere near football imho

kingantti1874
14 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Strange. He has done a decent job, but nothing that stands him out from others. There is also the Martindale stories of him being the one that makes it work. 

Perhaps someone has approached him, though.   Or maybe he senses incoming financial issues.  

he literally wasn’t the manager.. David Martindale is the manager in all but name.

kingantti1874
30 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

yep.. 

Quite a clever move that, having your real manager in the "Assistant Manager/Consigliere" role. Can sack the patsy who is in notional charge/Godfather role whenever you like and have continuity. Beats sacking whole teams of coaches like we do...

Doubt he’s got something lined up. It’s more likely to be the potential impact of covid. Could be financial trouble brewing at Livingston and he’s getting out before the **** hits the fan.

It is beyond comprehension that teams like Livingston can stay in the SPL year after year (well, it feels like they do).

I can only imagine opponents don't get themselves as fired up for their games as they do for others.

16 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Yup, sentenced to 6.5 years for coke smuggling in 2006, guy should be nowhere near football imho

But, but - the Scottish Football authorities are straight as a die and ALWAYS do a proper check on people buying clubs and, of course, he doesn't own Hearts, so he passes under the radar which, by the way, Doncaster/SPFL and the SFA turned off some time ago anyway.

Edited by colinmaroon

Tommy Wright seems to be the man that a lot of their fans want, but if the Martindale stuff is true, I highly doubt he'd want to work there.

In normal circumstances, I'd say Levein would be a good appointment for them, and perhaps even John Hughes. I couldn't really give 2 ****s either way though.

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Must be lined up for something. 

Doubt it. They've had a bad run of results plus they have a very weird set up with Martindale so expect it is a combination of those factors.

Livvy seem to attract dodgy characters. Wasn't there a story about the guy (mug) who won the lottery and was persuaded by one of the Keane brothers (dodgy as hell, Celtic connections) to invest in the club. Ended up losing the lot and is now back living in a cooncil hoose in Blantyre and working in the NHS.

14 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Doubt it. They've had a bad run of results plus they have a very weird set up with Martindale so expect it is a combination of those factors.

Aye true but he's worked with Martindale for a long time now, so you wouldn't think it would be that or he'd be gone long before now. 

47 minutes ago, Ribble said:

The regime at Livi are supposedly very much in the Lawwell/Doncaster camp which probably gives him no little protection.

51 minutes ago, Ribble said:

I cant see any issue with him passing the SFA "Fit & Proper Person" test.

24 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Livvy seem to attract dodgy characters. Wasn't there a story about the guy (mug) who won the lottery and was persuaded by one of the Keane brothers (dodgy as hell, Celtic connections) to invest in the club. Ended up losing the lot and is now back living in a cooncil hoose in Blantyre and working in the NHS.

John McGuinness, an ordinary guy who won £10 mill on the lottery and was duped into thinking he was in the in crowd, and was shafted for every penny in no time.

24 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Dundee? McPake probably on a shooglie and their big star signing has turned on him already.  

That's a good shout.

Horatio Caine

Holt is quoted as saying after last Saturday's , match that he would be considering his position.  So I'm not surprised.  yes, I think Dundee is a good shout btw.

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Aye true but he's worked with Martindale for a long time now, so you wouldn't think it would be that or he'd be gone long before now. 

Relationships get more strained when results aren't going well though.

26 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Holt is quoted as saying after last Saturday's , match that he would be considering his position.  So I'm not surprised.  yes, I think Dundee is a good shout btw.

Yep. Very astute

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Yep, but his defence was that she looked older and they swallowed it...

They weren't the only ones

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

56 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Graham Rix managed it as well. 

Yeah, seems if you're a raging alcoholic, physically love children or a convicted illegal narcotics distributer its all good as far as the SFA are concerned.

Fit

&

Proper

The Apprentice

It's really strange Martindale seems to be hanging about in the background and has overseen the departures of at least 3 managers now.  I'm sure I read somewhere previously that he can't officially be named as their Manager/Head Coach as he doesn't have the relevant coaching badges.

I think he'll hang about waiting on Alex Dyer to leave Killie. Maybe Dyer is being linked with a job back down south so Holt would be ready to jump if the vacancy appears.

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, Locky said:

Tommy Wright seems to be the man that a lot of their fans want, but if the Martindale stuff is true, I highly doubt he'd want to work there.

In normal circumstances, I'd say Levein would be a good appointment for them, and perhaps even John Hughes. I couldn't really give 2 ****s either way though.

What, all 3 of them ?

1 hour ago, The Apprentice said:

It's really strange Martindale seems to be hanging about in the background and has overseen the departures of at least 3 managers now.  I'm sure I read somewhere previously that he can't officially be named as their Manager/Head Coach as he doesn't have the relevant coaching badges.

Is it not more to do with the fact he has a criminal conviction for supplying cocaine?