Mafia - Kill the Goons part X - sign up thread

Rudi Skacel

Ok here goes. This is my idea for roles depending on number of players. 

Masons (1 being the cop) - can talk amongst themselves and as a group decide who to investigate, but the final decision my be from the cop mason. If the cop mason is lynched, killed by the goons, assasain or modkilled then there will be no more investigations. 

Doc - 1 save per night. Cant save the same person 2 nights running. 

Goons - can kill 1 person per night. Aim of the game is to gain a majority

Assasain - will get 3 bullets to use which they can use anytime during the day period, or if they wish they can use their bullets in the usual night time order. If they or the Devils advocate are the last remaining roled player then they win the game. However they will not know who the DA is. 

Devils Advocate - if they survive day 1 then they shall recieve a list of all the players and their roles. Their aim of the game is to be the last remaining roled player along with the assasain. If either the DA or assasain (or both) is the last remaining roled player, they will win the game. (So essentially they are part of a team but the assasain will not know who the DA is. The DA after night 1 will have the ability to reveal 1 players role to either the goon team or the mason team. 

reason im revealing the roles now is for feedback, improvements and just to see the general idea and answer any questions. 

something different to mix it up abit. 

Tenaciousdandy

Sounds really interesting rudi, looking forward to it

Also I'll take 18 again thanks 

4 Dawnrazor

13 Boof

18 dandy

7 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

All sounds good Rudi👍

I will take no 2 please 

Just seen this.

Would you be prepared to swap a number 2 with a number 1 🤣

30 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Just seen this.

Would you be prepared to swap a number 2 with a number 1 🤣

You can have 2 and I will go back to no 6 😁

7 hours ago, Dunks said:

Just pick a random number between 16 and 18 for me please :D

Inclusive?

2 vlad

4 Dawnrazor

6 yvonne

9 bunny

10 Andynic

13 Boof

15 iant

16 dunks

18 dandy

19 sheldon

20 Riddley

14 hours ago, Riddley Walker said:

:muggy:

vote Ian

My number is mine again :verysmug:

I  now putting the number 15 into a state of eternal dibs 😁

Edited by iantjambo

Riddley Walker
15 hours ago, Boof said:

Can get Mafia Assassin account activated if desired.

4 minutes ago, Mafia Assassin said:

Never mind 'your' number...it'll end in tears for someone. 💥🔪🔫🧴

Wtf is going on?

I like it, though, whatever it is that's happening.

Riddley Walker
19 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

My number is mine again :verysmug:

I  now putting the number 15 into a state of eternal dibs 😁

Next game, just you wait.

1 minute ago, Riddley Walker said:

Wtf is going on?

I like it, though, whatever it is that's happening.

Mods let us have a Mafia Assassin account under fairly strict conditions. I have passworded access to it when games aren't running. Obviously I don't use outwith Mafia it as that's one of the conditions.

Since we have daytime kills activated whoever is the assassin will be able to log in as that (they or Rudi should change password before game starts so I don't have access) and perform their kill before coming back as themself with the ol' crocodile tears for the departed victim :D 

I'm sure they can still do their night kills if that's the route they'd prefer.

Not actually sure if it's ever been used like this and if it's used too close to deadline could throw an enormous cat into the pigeonly mix.

A moderator's nightmare... :lol: 

Riddley Walker
2 minutes ago, Boof said:

Mods let us have a Mafia Assassin account under fairly strict conditions. I have passworded access to it when games aren't running. Obviously I don't use outwith Mafia it as that's one of the conditions.

Since we have daytime kills activated whoever is the assassin will be able to log in as that (they or Rudi should change password before game starts so I don't have access) and perform their kill before coming back as themself with the ol' crocodile tears for the departed victim :D 

Not actually sure if it's ever been used like this and if it's used too close to deadline could throw an enormous cat into the pigeonly mix.

Love this.

Tenaciousdandy
1 hour ago, Boof said:

Sounds interesting, especially if the assassin is pished and starts posting with that account 😂

1 hour ago, Dandyman79 said:

Sounds interesting, especially if the assassin is pished and starts posting with that account 😂

Thats got me written all over it!

Will hopefully get the game started on saturday if the numbers are up. 

Anyone better than me able to tag others? My memory is shocking. 

Just noticed a potentially slightly concerning thing.

If you even accidentally hover over a user name the software comes up with a snapshot profile view including the user's current activity. If that shows up 'Reading message' or whatever it might show up if someone is PM-ing then folk might just get an inadvertent profile-check.

There is a gentlemans' agreement that Profile checking is not the done thing in Mafia games as there's no way of policing it.

Don't know if there's a work-around other than just to be vigilant and try to not do it. In truth, any PM-ing could be perfectly innocent but the more paranoid amongst us (me f'r'instance! :lol:) could easily read nefarious shenanigans afoot.

The way that some of you can make successful goon lists makes me wonder if you're hacking into the Moderator's account sometimes :lol: 

Tenaciousdandy
4 minutes ago, Boof said:

Just noticed a potentially slightly concerning thing.

If you even accidentally hover over a user name the software comes up with a snapshot profile view including the user's current activity. If that shows up 'Reading message' or whatever it might show up if someone is PM-ing then folk might just get an inadvertent profile-check.

There is a gentlemans' agreement that Profile checking is not the done thing in Mafia games as there's no way of policing it.

Don't know if there's a work-around other than just to be vigilant and try to not do it. In truth, any PM-ing could be perfectly innocent but the more paranoid amongst us (me f'r'instance! :lol:) could easily read nefarious shenanigans afoot.

The way that some of you can make successful goon lists makes me wonder if you're hacking into the Moderator's account sometimes :lol: 

I use mobile site all the time so can't get that info, I have accidentally pressed the user on occasion when pressing on the last last post to open up the thread and go straight to the last post, also accidentally viewed folks profiles when pressing the screen to scroll 😂

1 minute ago, Dandyman79 said:

I use mobile site all the time so can't get that info, I have accidentally pressed the user on occasion when pressing on the last last post to open up the thread and go straight to the last post, also accidentally viewed folks profiles when pressing the screen to scroll 😂

Ditto - the hasty backtracking still won't remove the fact you've visited though :lol:

For a game based on deviousness and mistrust...we just have to trust each other on this thing :D 

Tenaciousdandy
Just now, Boof said:

Ditto - the hasty backtracking still won't remove the fact you've visited though :lol:

For a game based on deviousness and mistrust...we just have to trust each other on this thing :D 

Yeah I press the back arrow quickly but to no avail lol 

Exactly, 🧑‍💻👀😎 lol 

Morgaro Gomis

5 hours ago, Rudi Skacel said:

2 vlad

4 Dawnrazor

5 alim

6 yvonne

9 bunny

10 Andynic

12 sean

13 Boof

15 iant

16 dunks

18 dandy

19 sheldon

20 Riddley

@Marvin @Morgaro Gomis @milky_26 @Groot @Smack @Stuart McNeill

Fine... I’ll play. Looks like 8 is free so I’ll take that 👀 @Shapes

Nah, I’ll go 7 again. 

2 vlad

4 Dawnrazor

5 alim

6 yvonne

7 Morgaro

8 Shapes

9 bunny

10 Andynic

12 sean

13 Boof

15 iant

16 dunks

18 dandy

19 sheldon

20 Riddley

Getting close to the magic 20!!

I want to be a mason and I want to  get pished on red wine 😂

Edited by Vlad Magic

56 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Getting close to the magic 20!!

I want to be a mason and I want to  get pished on red wine 😂

As long as I'm not a mason too 😅

4 hours ago, Dandyman79 said:

Mobile user too which can sometimes be a shambles if I'm trying to quickly post at deadline. I even mod games using my mobile 😬