HMFC Streaming

bobskeldon

I watched this and all previous games on my laptop (Mac) with very good BT wi-fi . All previous games seemed to be in HD or as good as HD, no buffering etc The picture in the Alloa game (as someone has already said) was difficult to watch due to a generally poor quality picture throughout the 90 mins. This has to be a fault at Hearts TV and not, as some are suggesting, due to what device  was used or how good the wi-fi/internet speed was. When streaming generally (not that I do this but some may!!!!) poor quality and buffering is to be expected as there is no charge. However, season ticket holders are paying over the odds for these streams so please get it sorted Hearts for the next match!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Laurie

• been here before

• i8hibsh

• 3fingersreid

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The frame rate on my stream was so low it was borderline unwatchable. It looked like it had been fixed for about 15 minutes before coming back worse than before. Didn’t experience any sound problems and it never froze. I could be wrong but it appeared that there were at least 3 streams on the site (presumably you get allocated one when you log in) and it sounds some were working better than others.

Wilmslow Jambo

Watched on the TV via a laptop and yes, the picture was not too sharp to start with but, I either got used to it or it improved because, as the game went on, it wasn't a problem.  I'm obviously one of the lucky ones as everything else was absolutely fine (including the commentary).

The White Cockade

My sound was fine and no freezing but picture quality was poor

First problem I’ve had this season as generally been very good so hopefully just a one off for whatever reason 

Glamorgan Jambo

Watched on my TV via the internal browser (LG). Picture quality was poor except for the superimposed graphics which were fine suggesting the issue was between the camera and the transmitter. 

The commentary was top notch

2 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

My sound was fine and no freezing but picture quality was poor

First problem I’ve had this season as generally been very good so hopefully just a one off for whatever reason 

That was my experience. The camera work was very poor with cut away from the action lasting too long and the behind goal camera work not great. I was glad to hear the commentary back focusing on the match as it was awful for the QOS game when it was like listening to Ed Stewpot Stuart on Junior Choice.

5 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

The original post started by me Laurie was purely about the quality of the picture and was NOT under any circumstances, related to you and/or Jimmy's contribution. Perhaps I should have made this clear (unlike the poor quality picture). Apologies, if this has enabled criticism.  

Don't be silly Bob, no need to apologise - it's a fans forum and I'm not immune to criticism/feedback just because the main point was a technical issue. To borrow a saying that footballers are particularly fond of; it's all "part and parcel" of the job! 

23 hours ago, Laurie said:

Not sure what happened with the picture last night, all I know is there were some kind of technical issues behind the scenes that the production company were aware of and were working on. Not ideal, although it's the first time I'm aware of such a problem - so hopefully an isolated incident. Some also mentioned Jimmy's volume - I found an issue with his mic during sound checks and we had to swap it out last minute, so it wasn't the usual kit. 

I realise the above doesn't offer much additional detail, not my area unfortunately - but all I can say is that the technical guys were aware and hopefully can ensure it doesn't happen again. 

Cheers Laurie.    I take it you just couldn't stop yourself giving the  Alloa number 8 his full name every time ?   ☺️  

:robboyas:

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

Cheers Laurie.    I take it you just couldn't stop yourself giving the  Alloa number 8 his full name every time ?   ☺️  

:robboyas:

Haha, that's a fair point actually - noticed I was doing that, not deliberate either (maybe subconsciously though...) 

King Of The Cat Cafe
7 hours ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Watched on my TV via the internal browser (LG). Picture quality was poor except for the superimposed graphics which were fine suggesting the issue was between the camera and the transmitter. 

The commentary was top notch

Or the upload speed of the internet at Tynecastle??

Yes, I am speculating, but since no other technical explanation has been given...

The quality at the start wasn't great, nothing as bad as the old days but my main issue and, with some saying the sound was fine, this I don't understand, Laurie was loud and most of the time I couldn't hear what Jimmy was saying.

I've got superfast BT broadband running on a new Dell XPS i7 and no buffering and the quality improved later in the game picture wise but that sound problem was very marked.

13 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Don't know if this has been covered on here but Alloa game is available ppv £12. I'm tempted.

Bad guys or good guys, its not the money but the principle.🤔

22 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

I watched this and all previous games on my laptop (Mac) with very good BT wi-fi . All previous games seemed to be in HD or as good as HD, no buffering etc The picture in the Alloa game (as someone has already said) was difficult to watch due to a generally poor quality picture throughout the 90 mins. This has to be a fault at Hearts TV and not, as some are suggesting, due to what device  was used or how good the wi-fi/internet speed was. When streaming generally (not that I do this but some may!!!!) poor quality and buffering is to be expected as there is no charge. However, season ticket holders are paying over the odds for these streams so please get it sorted Hearts for the next match!

Right on the money Bob......Likewise I have a custom built MacBook Pro and fibre fed broadband (100m/s)......Despite Hearts telling us that the new camera's were "state of the art" the quality was anything but!
Problem was at the Tynecastle end and in no way related to any individual setup.

Hearts......Get it sorted!

August Landmesser
51 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Bad guys or good guys, its not the money but the principle.🤔

Bad guys - Mike Mulraney is one of the worst of the snakes.

FoH getting another wee bit from me.

42 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Bad guys - Mike Mulraney is one of the worst of the snakes.

FoH getting another wee bit from me.

👍

With it being a Cup Tie, do Hearts not get half the proceeds from the live stream money? That said, half would be paid to Mulraney's snake club too. The alternative is 100% to Hearts.

As a matter of interest, the match programme for tomorrow's game has just popped through the door. I wish I wasn't a collector sometimes, as it means that the cost of this goes to Alloa. Have to admit it's a decent 36 page issue.

£6 to Alloa is £6 too much!

Stay strong!.....keep away from these snake clubs. Never forget what Mulraney and his cabal did to Hearts

On 25/11/2020 at 23:25, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

I thought so too.

But back to the pictures...I wonder is there a consensus here of the images on televisions being poor, but on laptop/phones/iPads fine?

My TV pictures were bad.

I was watching through the browser on my tv, it started off bad but easily fixed. When its on, check the cog in the bottom right corner. When clicking on it, it will tell you the picture quality. Mine normally always starts off at the highest (720p) but at the start of the Alloa game it was way down at the lowest (not sure why) once I changed it I had no further issues and the picture quality was good. Apologies if this has already been suggested to you 

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, WDJ87 said:

I was watching through the browser on my tv, it started off bad but easily fixed. When its on, check the cog in the bottom right corner. When clicking on it, it will tell you the picture quality. Mine normally always starts off at the highest (720p) but at the start of the Alloa game it was way down at the lowest (not sure why) once I changed it I had no further issues and the picture quality was good. Apologies if this has already been suggested to you 

Thanks. Good to know.  I will bear that in mind next time...

which could be - tomorrow!