HMFC Streaming

bobskeldon

willie wallace
57 minutes ago, Gards said:

It's a strange one.  Watched it on my PC and there was no problem whatsoever with video or audio.  But seems a lot of folks did so it's a bit weird....can't all be down to home internet connections.

Same here.Watched on the laptop and both sound and picture was fine 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Laurie

• been here before

• i8hibsh

• 3fingersreid

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

been here before
14 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Turn the volume off? The only game noises are indecipherable shouting from the players and benches. And the crossbar rattling from another missed header sitter.

I dont want to sit in silence with the sound turned down though, although given whats on offer its becoming more likely.

Im happy with the noise of the game indecpherable or otherwise. Its whats heard at reserve games and probably all we'll hear when limited crowds eventually get the go ahead. At the very least it would be nice to have the option. Is it a complicated thing to offer or set up on one of the streams? Ive no idea.

Just now, been here before said:

Aye for 12 sheets.

Cheers.

My stream was fine last night

Edited by Jamhammer

My JKB Golf Club buddies will not believe this, but I had absolutely no problems with the stream. Perhaps because I was on a Zoom meeting at the same time and wasn't listening to it? All worked fine for me though.

Really jerky picture last night and in & out of focus. Thought it was my eyes or my wi-fi was crap. Glad it wasn’t just me 

Edited by fraser5670
Spell check error

1 minute ago, fraser5670 said:

Really jerky picture last night and in & out of focus. Thought it was my eyes or my wife was crap. Glad it wasn’t just me 

haven’t met your wife but that sounds a bit harsh!

5 hours ago, WDJ87 said:

Picture quality wasn't great to begin with, checked the cog (bottom right corner) was running at 200p odd. Changed it to 720p and reloaded the stream. Worked fine after that picture was great and no lags. First time there has been any issues for me and even then it was a quick fix. Never froze or anything like that so i'd think if it did for others then the problem is on their end not HMTV's.

tried the same but the quality was inconsistent and generally poor all night. while there are quite often issues (notably starting later than advertised) the quality on HTV is usually pretty sound...

5 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

Last night was the exception.  Up until then, the quality was different class imo.  

Laurie and Jimmy are brilliant as well. 

5 hours ago, Ford Prentice said:

Quality was fine for me but I'm still puzzled that East Fife could do pitchside interviews with both managers prematch but we can't or won't. Glad Laurie stopped shout outs though even if it gave the view from the terrace lads some fun.

3 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Yes decent commentary . 

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Commentary was very good last night. 👍

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Just to add to praise of commentary last night. There was some criticism on here that it was too negative at times but I much prefer an honest description than uncritical bias and there were certainly grounds for criticism. Sandison said what I think most of us were saying.

And thanks for confining the shout outs to HT Scott Wilson style.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated and I'm glad the adjustment to shout-outs helped - albeit I got a few messages from folk asking why they didn't get one (will need to try to work a little bit more free time into the running order at half-time for the next match I think). I think using the interval is the best compromise for all, so those who want to have the shout-outs can still get them during the coverage but it doesn't interfere with the match action itself (although that second half could've done with something, anything, else to talk about... 🤣)

1 hour ago, been here before said:

I dont want to sit in silence with the sound turned down though, although given whats on offer its becoming more likely.

Im happy with the noise of the game indecpherable or otherwise. Its whats heard at reserve games and probably all we'll hear when limited crowds eventually get the go ahead. At the very least it would be nice to have the option. Is it a complicated thing to offer or set up on one of the streams? Ive no idea.

I'm honestly not sure about the possibility of having an additional feed with match sounds but no commentary, but I can try to find out. As mentioned before in a different thread our audio is pushed out for both the video feed and those just listening, so there's always a bit of 'over-commentating' on our part because we have to do radio style for both viewers & listeners - which can be a bit much if you compare to normal TV coverage, but sadly no way around that. I know the sounds, both background and voices, go through a mixer we have at the stadium and is fed back to a studio, so whether that means they just have one feed to work with I'm not sure. Personally (not just because I do commentary) I really don't like watching matches with no commentary, but everyone's different - and I appreciate that everyone will have commentators they like and don't like (there are mainstream ones I'm not keen on myself, and then some other club commentators I've heard that I think are really good - so I get that it's very subjective).  

Edited by Laurie

3 hours ago, Laurie said:

Not sure what happened with the picture last night, all I know is there were some kind of technical issues behind the scenes that the production company were aware of and were working on. Not ideal, although it's the first time I'm aware of such a problem - so hopefully an isolated incident. Some also mentioned Jimmy's volume - I found an issue with his mic during sound checks and we had to swap it out last minute, so it wasn't the usual kit. 

I realise the above doesn't offer much additional detail, not my area unfortunately - but all I can say is that the technical guys were aware and hopefully can ensure it doesn't happen again. 

funnily enough didn't notice any audio issues and enjoyed the commentary (as usual)... thanks for doing what you do.

4 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

funnily enough didn't notice any audio issues and enjoyed the commentary (as usual)... thanks for doing what you do.

Thanks JJ - no major audio issues, just that we had a late swap with one of the mics so Jimmy was using a completely different one than me and it was a bit quieter at times (although I was fiddling with his volume as best I could). 

Fxxx the SPFL
6 hours ago, Locky said:

Seen lots of people have issues but I had no problems last night at all.

i was the same Locky no issues clear picture

1 hour ago, been here before said:

I believe on the AGM thread Aberdeen has a licence that increases greatly the number if Zoom attendees.

In region of £1150 pa.

So, JKB buys the licence, sets up a private members £5 per away game match discussion thread.  Buys the away stream for £10 - £12 per game and shares the streaming of the match on screen.

Any profit during season to FOH.

;)

8 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

Crap quality from start to finish, felt I was watching without my glasses the whole f*****g match. Get it sorted Hearts!

I had no problem with the picture quality, just the two idiots talking sh1te.....

9 minutes ago, Section Q said:

I had no problem with the picture quality, just the two idiots talking sh1te.....

I don't mind a bit of criticism (wouldn't come on here if I couldn't take the rough with the smooth) and I'm fully aware you can't please everyone, but I feel that's more than a little harsh. I put a lot of work into each match, in terms of the preparation and organising what trivia/statistics can be used (much of which never does get used, but such is the way of it) and over the past 7 years I've worked on a few things and feel I've improved in a lot of areas. The info I cover pre game and during is my own, and I'll liaise before the match, and during, with whoever is directing in the studio on timings/etc (bit of a juggling act at times, but usually it works). Before the game yesterday I spoke to the Alloa boys as well to get a handle on their team, and a helpful person also sent me some opposition analysis - which was really useful. Had a few pros listen to my stuff and took on board some feedback, both good and bad, to help me along the way. Don't get me wrong, it's not Sky Sports and I won't always get things right - but I think it's at least a little more than an idiot speaking shite! 

Jimmy doesn't go into the prep like me, but that's not really his role and to be fair he never gets paid a dime for what he does - but he does offer some decent insights and while I'm following the ball at all times he can get a bit of time to see what else is happening. 

I've said above that it's often subjective and if some don't like me/us that's just the way it is - but I'd like to think I'm not an idiot (granted, I can talk sh1te as much as anyone - I like to think I save most of that for off-air though 😛)

16 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

:gok:

I was gonna say I think the issues were only during the opening half an hour, but from what I recall that was usually about how long you lasted at a game 😜

(seriously though, there were picture quality issues - as mentioned above - which will hopefully be an isolated incident, albeit it's not my area so won't claim to have any technical knowledge of the problems)

Just now, Laurie said:

I was gonna say I think the issues were only during the opening half an hour, but from what I recall that was usually about how long you lasted at a game 😜

(seriously though, there were picture quality issues - as mentioned above - which will hopefully be an isolated incident, albeit it's not my area so won't claim to have any technical knowledge of the problems)

How come you were not on the commentary Laurie?

Just now, Laurie said:

Who did you have like? We're talking about the Alloa game, right...? 

Yup. I was really bolloxed but remember thinking it was not you. Hmmmm

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

I'll give you a shout-out next time, just to remind you 😆

2 minutes ago, Laurie said:

I'll give you a shout-out next time, just to remind you 😆

Ha

That is strange though, unless I am hugely mistaken it was not you or Jimmy.

been here before
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

I spent £18.50 on it. Terrible quality.

13 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

How come you were not on the commentary Laurie?

8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Not on my stream.

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Ha

That is strange though, unless I am hugely mistaken it was not you or Jimmy.

43a.jpg.7963b32a3887ab690340bff4779e44ae.jpg

28 minutes ago, Laurie said:

I don't mind a bit of criticism (wouldn't come on here if I couldn't take the rough with the smooth) and I'm fully aware you can't please everyone, but I feel that's more than a little harsh. I put a lot of work into each match, in terms of the preparation and organising what trivia/statistics can be used (much of which never does get used, but such is the way of it) and over the past 7 years I've worked on a few things and feel I've improved in a lot of areas. The info I cover pre game and during is my own, and I'll liaise before the match, and during, with whoever is directing in the studio on timings/etc (bit of a juggling act at times, but usually it works). Before the game yesterday I spoke to the Alloa boys as well to get a handle on their team, and a helpful person also sent me some opposition analysis - which was really useful. Had a few pros listen to my stuff and took on board some feedback, both good and bad, to help me along the way. Don't get me wrong, it's not Sky Sports and I won't always get things right - but I think it's at least a little more than an idiot speaking shite! 

Jimmy doesn't go into the prep like me, but that's not really his role and to be fair he never gets paid a dime for what he does - but he does offer some decent insights and while I'm following the ball at all times he can get a bit of time to see what else is happening. 

I've said above that it's often subjective and if some don't like me/us that's just the way it is - but I'd like to think I'm not an idiot (granted, I can talk sh1te as much as anyone - I like to think I save most of that for off-air though 😛)

Ignore him, the commentary was very good as always. 

30 minutes ago, Laurie said:

Well I enjoy your commentary Laurie and Jimmy's contribution as well. As others have said, the picture quality could have been better but trust it will ok with future games.

The quality last night was lower than previous streams but as Laurie has said the production team were aware so can't have any complaints.

Have to say I enjoyed the commentary last night, the discussions before the match and at half time as well as the replays and on this day etc were great. I would like to have a pre-match build up with a host and pundit and half time and full time analysis but I imagine that is a non starter due to finances at the minute and we would have got it if we were playing in the Premiership this season. 

(I enjoy the shout outs as well, keep them up please @Laurie :thumbsup:)

King Of The Cat Cafe
5 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Ignore him, the commentary was very good as always. 

I thought so too.

But back to the pictures...I wonder is there a consensus here of the images on televisions being poor, but on laptop/phones/iPads fine?

My TV pictures were bad.

Just now, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

I thought so too.

But back to the pictures...I wonder is there a consensus here of the images on televisions being poor, but on laptop/phones/iPads fine?

My TV pictures were bad.

There have been debates in the past about quality differing between devices, which may not be down to the original feed itself. But last night there was definitely an issue, which was clocked early on in the first half and something was done behind the scenes to rectify. Again, I know it's all very vague but that's not me being evasive; I just don't know what the actual problem was or what was done to fix it (all happening away from the stadium in a studio). 

The commentary criticism on here is really unnecessary.  It's clear that many of the season ticket viewers have never heard the commentary from other clubs that regular HTV subscribers have suffered in away games.  In fact, there have been many times when Laurie and Jimmy's commentary has been the best part of the production and, yes, the actual game.

However, the technical problems are a different matter.  Ever since HTV started there have been frequent problems, many of which smacked of last minute connections or a lack of planning.  Sometimes this was beyond HTV's control at away games but at Tynecastle there really is no excuse, especially when subscribers are paying for the service.

Last night's stream here in Arizona had no glitches but the 720k maximum resolution was a bit like watching Sportscene in the 1970's.  I'm well aware that there are many links in the chain from camera to receiver, so that faults can occur in many places, but faults at the source, especially for paying customers, are just not acceptable.  A good example.....if Jimmy's mic had a problem, why doesn't he have a backup, as this is not the first time this has happened?

Anyway, keep up the good work Laurie.  You do a great job despite the frustrations that you must suffer both on and off the park.

⁰pThis thread just outing the members with gash WiFi!!

Its never going to be perfect, folk become too used to the production budgets of Sky and BT sadly. The club and many other clubs in Scotland have had to adapt quickly in a time of budget cuts so I'm just grateful im getting to watch my team.

King Of The Cat Cafe
55 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

⁰pThis thread just outing the members with gash WiFi!!

Its never going to be perfect, folk become too used to the production budgets of Sky and BT sadly. The club and many other clubs in Scotland have had to adapt quickly in a time of budget cuts so I'm just grateful im getting to watch my team.

Possibly: a lot may be due to download speed, mine is 36 Mbps - and that is through an ethernet connection.

gordon simpson

never received any picture the whole game last night not happy first problem though will hopefully see next stream if not will be phoning HMFC 

10 hours ago, Laurie said:

The original post started by me Laurie was purely about the quality of the picture and was NOT under any circumstances, related to you and/or Jimmy's contribution. Perhaps I should have made this clear (unlike the poor quality picture). Apologies, if this has enabled criticism.  

This season is the first time I’ve had the opportunity to watch Hearts tv and I think Laurie and Jimmy work well off each other , Laurie  biased just to the right amount ( unlike other stream commentators ) Jimmy uses his football knowledge well (and also his black cab chat 😃)

I liked the highlights at half time , could it be possible to interview a player past or present maybe 15 mins before KO or even some more games from the past ?

11 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

I thought so too.

My TV pictures were bad.

I watched on my PC. Quality was poor