HMFC Streaming

bobskeldon

Crap quality from start to finish, felt I was watching without my glasses the whole f*****g match. Get it sorted Hearts!

Edited by bobskeldon

• bobskeldon changed the title to HMFC Streaming
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Laurie

• been here before

• i8hibsh

• 3fingersreid

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought the quality last night was awful. 

I don't normally complain but it buffered and froze.  Apart from a poor quality picture throughout it was fine though😞

As well as the awful picture, I was getting double commentary split by about 5 mins i reckon.

:huh:

So not only were my eyes spinning with the wobble vision, my ears were buzzing.

Felt like I had  a sensory experience gone wrong 🤢

Not only was the quality poor. there was also a time lag as well.

My bloody phone pinged to say we had scored before the picture had caught up!

Needless to say, phone was switched off whilst the game was on.

24 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

There will always be some latency. As you say, switch the phone off during the match. 

It was horrendous last night , missed the second goal and suffered lots of freezing , at one point lost the picture and had to log in again 😡

it did however through up a wee funny when the players were impersonating a Benny Hill end of show sketch albeit without the music . 
Hope it’s fixed for the next game . 

27 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

1 min 10 second lag............I knew the penalties had been missed as I had had no phone alerts!

Just now, 3fingersreid said:

It was horrendous last night , missed the second goal and suffered lots of freezing , at one point lost the picture and had to log in again 😡

it did however through up a wee funny when the players were impersonating a Benny Hill end of show sketch albeit without the music . 
Hope it’s fixed for the next game . 

Thought I was watching a 'what the butler saw' machine!

21 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Thought I was watching a 'what the butler saw' machine!

😂😂😂, now THATS a throwback 😂😂

Edited by 3fingersreid

59 minutes ago, Locky said:

Seen lots of people have issues but I had no problems last night at all.

Neither did I and I have a broadband speed of under 2mbps!  Certainly the picture was hazy/out of focus on occasions but these didn't last long.  Certainly no picture freezing.

Mind you the second half was so dull and boring that I might have nodded off and missed any deterioration! 

Picture quality wasn't great to begin with, checked the cog (bottom right corner) was running at 200p odd. Changed it to 720p and reloaded the stream. Worked fine after that picture was great and no lags. First time there has been any issues for me and even then it was a quick fix. Never froze or anything like that so i'd think if it did for others then the problem is on their end not HMTV's.

First time I've had any issues, was very slow streaming quality all night unfortunately.

Time gap between game and stream is a recurring issue so i just have any alerts off when watching 

Ford Prentice

Quality was fine for me but I'm still puzzled that East Fife could do pitchside interviews with both managers prematch but we can't or won't. Glad Laurie stopped shout outs though even if it gave the view from the terrace lads some fun.

Could it have been the WiFi provider that was giving last nights issues ?

We’ve got got virgin and watched it through a fire stick ,my mate also has this and both of us had issues, meanwhile another mate was watching through BT and his was fine .

I will try the suggestion by WDJ87 next time though if getting issues ( when I say I will , my daughter will😀

2 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

Yep. It was 90 seconds behind ‘live’

I have never had a problem but last night it was going blurry when the camera was moving. I did not have any lag though and the stream played from start to finish.

Edited by jambo3tevie

Glamorgan Jambo

Poor quality picture last night. Worse than the quality for the ICT game which I would label as 'average'. Clearly a camera issue as the superimposed graphics etc are of much higher quality.

3 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

Crap quality from start to finish, felt I was watching without my glasses the whole f*****g match. Get it sorted Hearts!

Agreed. Terrible. 

Francis Albert

None of them have been perfect but TBH better than I expected and much better than my previous ventures into the world of streamed football. Last night was however painful to watch. Missed the second goal and didn't have a clue from the fuzzy picture we had scored the third.

Also agree East Fife put on a better show with live interviews.

1 hour ago, gashauskis9 said:

Last night was the exception.  Up until then, the quality was different class imo.  

Laurie and Jimmy are brilliant as well. 

Yes decent commentary . 

Not sure what happened with the picture last night, all I know is there were some kind of technical issues behind the scenes that the production company were aware of and were working on. Not ideal, although it's the first time I'm aware of such a problem - so hopefully an isolated incident. Some also mentioned Jimmy's volume - I found an issue with his mic during sound checks and we had to swap it out last minute, so it wasn't the usual kit. 

I realise the above doesn't offer much additional detail, not my area unfortunately - but all I can say is that the technical guys were aware and hopefully can ensure it doesn't happen again. 

2 minutes ago, Laurie said:

Not sure what happened with the picture last night, all I know is there were some kind of technical issues behind the scenes that the production company were aware of and were working on. Not ideal, although it's the first time I'm aware of such a problem - so hopefully an isolated incident. Some also mentioned Jimmy's volume - I found an issue with his mic during sound checks and we had to swap it out last minute, so it wasn't the usual kit. 

I realise the above doesn't offer much additional detail, not my area unfortunately - but all I can say is that the technical guys were aware and hopefully can ensure it doesn't happen again. 

👍

Started off on stream 1 which lagged and froze regularly and ended up working my way through to stream 4 which was fine tbh.  Seems to be different video players on the different streams so I’ll go straight to stream 4 in future running on chrome.

4 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

Im sure they will have been told of the problem, be sorted next time i would imagine.

Francis Albert

Just to add to praise of commentary last night. There was some criticism on here that it was too negative at times but I much prefer an honest description than uncritical bias and there were certainly grounds for criticism. Sandison said what I think most of us were saying.

And thanks for confining the shout outs to HT Scott Wilson style.

It's a strange one.  Watched it on my PC and there was no problem whatsoever with video or audio.  But seems a lot of folks did so it's a bit weird....can't all be down to home internet connections.

8 minutes ago, Gards said:

It's a strange one.  Watched it on my PC and there was no problem whatsoever with video or audio.  But seems a lot of folks did so it's a bit weird....can't all be down to home internet connections.

I watched it on a PC too.  when the picture went to a bit of a blur....I changed from channel 1 to 4 and it was fine for the rest of the match.....just sayin!

Francis Albert
24 minutes ago, zakred said:

I watched it on a PC too.  when the picture went to a bit of a blur....I changed from channel 1 to 4 and it was fine for the rest of the match.....just sayin!

I switched between channels several times. The picture remained extremely fuzzy except for the occasional few seconds  and froze every minute or two. Just sayin! Whatever that means.

Francis Albert
38 minutes ago, been here before said:

Cant one of the links be commentary free?

Just leave us the game noise.

Turn the volume off? The only game noises are indecipherable shouting from the players and benches. And the crossbar rattling from another missed header sitter.

11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I switched between channels several times. The picture remained extremely fuzzy except for the occasional few seconds  and froze every minute or two. Just sayin! Whatever that means.

We got completely frozen and had to log back in a restart several times.  Pretty much unwatchable. 

We were frozen for so long that I only found out about the penalty and misses when my pal texted me.

5 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

Was totally fine for me even when I mirrored my phone to the TV. I watched the Arbroath game and that was absolute dog sh*te so was pleasantly surprised at the quality last night. Co-commentator mic needed turned up though.