Big Pete

Jamhammer

2 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Or how many more are out there?

Between Big Pete and Tam Flögel, you'd think we'd have some good inside info about decent Austrian players in the lower leagues there. It'd be an avenue worth exploring.

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

A good idea though a lot of unknowns around  at the moment given the ongoing pandemic and the league we are currently in. 

With the imminent arrival of a vaccine we should be talking to him with a view to getting him on a new contract.

We know he can cut it in the SPL and surely Robbie will be saying to AB we need to get him on a new deal asap.

38 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Between Big Pete and Tam Flögel, you'd think we'd have some good inside info about decent Austrian players in the lower leagues there. It'd be an avenue worth exploring.

Pretty common sense, which we apparently don't do. 

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

With the imminent arrival of a vaccine we should be talking to him with a view to getting him on a new contract.

We know he can cut it in the SPL and surely Robbie will be saying to AB we need to get him on a new deal asap.

Let's assume we get him on a new deal and his injuries recur, will you (and/or others) complain about giving extended contracts to injury prone players. or what will your view be?

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Let's assume we get him on a new deal and his injuries recur, will you (and/or others) complain about giving extended contracts to injury prone players. or what will your view be?

100%

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I would rather assume his injury doesn't recur however if it did then that is just a chance we have to take.

Unlike other signings we have seen what Haring can do and in my opinion it is worth taking a chance.

It doesn't have to be a four year deal though like some of the others we know about from before.

I am not sure about us offering new contracts to injury prone players but I know we gave them to players that we had not seen perform which is a different thing altogether.

I can't speak for others though Al so you will have to see what their replies are.

6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I would rather assume his injury doesn't recur however if it did then that is just a chance we have to take.

We have done that in the past and it hasn't worked out.  He has had several different injuries, hasn't he?

Unlike other signings we have seen what Haring can do and in my opinion it is worth taking a chance.

I agree in this case but can we not manage without him?

It doesn't have to be a four year deal though like some of the others we know about from before.

What if he insists on a longish deal or he won'r sign?  Which injury prone player(s) received a 4 year deal?

I am not sure about us offering new contracts to injury prone players but I know we gave them to players that we had not seen perform which is a different thing altogether.

Who were they?

I can't speak for others though Al so you will have to see what their replies are.

As I said. I think we should take a chance with PH but there is a school of thought that says we should just let injury prone players go and take a chance it does not bite us on the bum later.

14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

As I said. I think we should take a chance with PH but there is a school of thought that says we should just let injury prone players go and take a chance it does not bite us on the bum later.

I think he has only really had the hernia probelm which in turn aggravated his pelvic area because he played when he probably shouldn't have.

We look a much better team when he plays in my opinion and I think it would be worth giving him a new deal assuming he wants to stay of course.

Robbie knows that he needs to manage him correctly to keep him fit and ultimately it will be his call on whether we offer him another deal or not.

I am sure there are other players out there who can do just as good a job as Haring or maybe even better but as we all know any new signing is a risk.

Someone who has done well at another club might not always hit it off at another but look a good signing on paper.

You certainly haven't changed your ways over the Covid era have you Al.

You are making statements I never made again. I never said we offered four year deals to injured players.

I was referring to the list as well you know of guys like Martin etc.

Edited by wavydavy

4 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

If you can’t see what Naismith brings to the club then there’s no hope.  

What he brings doesn't justify a large salary at the expense of rebuilding this squad for the prem league and future. Hes spent a lot more time off the pitch than on it. He's obviously not top of the this list of players I'd like to see leave, but if his salary allows us to bring in young hungry talented players with pace and drive then I'd happily let him go. 

2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

What he brings doesn't justify a large salary at the expense of rebuilding this squad for the prem league and future. Hes spent a lot more time off the pitch than on it. He's obviously not top of the this list of players I'd like to see leave, but if his salary allows us to bring in young hungry talented players with pace and drive then I'd happily let him go. 

Hasn't worked so far. 

Ah kickback. A thread about Haring having a great game last night and folk are opening old wounds and bringing up Martin and Naismith!

It is fantastic to see him back, he was one of the players at my FOH ceremony last year and it was hard to see him talking about his injury as it was obviously a difficult situation for him.

It's really pleasing to see him back playing again. I hope he stays for fit for a long time as we are a much better side with him in it. 

5 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Harring

Gordon

Kingsley

Ginley

Smith

Boyce

Thats all I'd keep the rest can go and I wouldn't care.

They are our "key" players no doubt,I would include Naismith at the moment,the rest are replaceable,been disappointed with Boyce though,needs to score more.

5 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Harring

Gordon

Kingsley

Ginley

Smith

Boyce

Thats all I'd keep the rest can go and I wouldn't care.

Fair enough, but what has Boyce done so far for Hearts to be included in your keep list?

10 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Fair enough, but what has Boyce done so far for Hearts to be included in your keep list?

He works hard, has quick feet and gets into good positions to score. Unfortunately the last part has been missing. But I still keep him in a new squad, I think and hope the goals will start to come.

4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

He works hard, has quick feet and gets into good positions to score. Unfortunately the last part has been missing. But I still keep him in a new squad, I think and hope the goals will start to come.

I agree I’d keep him, scored goals wherever he’s played, unfortunately for us he’s being remembered for missing great chances at the moment. 

3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I think he has only really had the hernia probelm which in turn aggravated his pelvic area because he played when he probably shouldn't have.

We look a much better team when he plays in my opinion and I think it would be worth giving him a new deal assuming he wants to stay of course.

Robbie knows that he needs to manage him correctly to keep him fit and ultimately it will be his call on whether we offer him another deal or not.

I am sure there are other players out there who can do just as good a job as Haring or maybe even better but as we all know any new signing is a risk.

Someone who has done well at another club might not always hit it off at another but look a good signing on paper.

You certainly haven't changed your ways over the Covid era have you Al.

You are making statements I never made again. I never said we offered four year deals to injured players.

I was referring to the list as well you know of guys like Martin etc.

Do you think Levein (in a higher division) missed him as much as we appear to miss him in the Championship - and in the latter part of the last cup final?

PS i misunderstood the bit about about a 4 year deal because I had raised the point about his injury history

29 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Do you think Levein (in a higher division) missed him as much as we appear to miss him in the Championship - and in the latter part of the last cup final?

PS i misunderstood the bit about about a 4 year deal because I had raised the point about his injury history

Give it a rest Al. It seems like only yesterday you were trying to get everyone else to move on. Well maybe you should try taking your own advice.

Levein is yesterday's man and thankfully nothing to do with Hearts anymore.

Guest ToqueJambo
40 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Definitely. With big Pete playing we would have been nowhere near relegation, never mind all the other injuries. Might even have won the cup. Same with Naismith getting injured in the LC semi.

Been watching All or Nothing on Spurs and if a club like Spurs and a manager like Mourinho can complain about injuries to key players affecting results, we certainly can.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Borders Jambo

Peter H is the catalyst of our team and like others have said, when he plays I feel confident about us winning although I'm still at the stage where I worry about a bad tackle.

On a slight tangent but does anyone know if Tam Flogel was contacted or played any part in our recruitment of PH.  Given how good a player TF was I'd love to think we are utilising any knowledge he has of decent players in the Austrian league.   

3 hours ago, Rudy T said:

What's not worked?

Trying to get players in from Austrian league if Haring is the quality that was in the second division. 

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Give it a rest Al. It seems like only yesterday you were trying to get everyone else to move on. Well maybe you should try taking your own advice.

Levein is yesterday's man and thankfully nothing to do with Hearts anymore.

So Davy, you evade the question. 

In the Pereira thread we are speculating what might have happened if we had had Gordon instead.

I do not wish to open up your old sores but do you think we would have been near relegation if our previous 3 managers (not just your anti hero) had had PH on the pitch?

11 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Thought Haring deserved his own thread. Been through it last season or two but[b] there’s no doubt in my mind if he’d stayed fit we wouldn’t be where we are now.[/b]

He’s quality. His work rate is second to none. He can tackle, pass the ball and ALWAYS looks to move forward.

Great to have him back and hope he stays fit. Game changer 

Even if he'd been fit enough to play in goal, that'd be true!

11 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Thought Haring deserved his own thread. Been through it last season or two but there’s no doubt in my mind if he’d stayed fit we wouldn’t be where we are now.

He’s quality. His work rate is second to none. He can tackle, pass the ball and ALWAYS looks to move forward.

Great to have him back and hope he stays fit. Game changer 

We'd also probably be defending Scottish Cup holders.

20 minutes ago, skacel51 said:

OP is spot on. Top player.

He is also contracted until 2022 for those worried he may speak to other clubs in January.

I have high hopes we'll be able to extend his deal.  He seemed to appreciate the way we stood by him during his injury in the interview with him on episode 2 of the BBC documentary.  Hopefully we gain promotion this season, then tie him up on a longer deal.

I remember when he signed it all seemed a bit meh, I think it was pretty late in the window, possibly the last signing we made that window, and he was coming from a second tier Austrian side where he was playing as CB.  Not a signing that got many of us on here overly excited at the time, but how fortunate we were to get him.  He's one of those players who you realise how important they are when they aren't playing.  Hopefully he stays injury free this season.

Said it before and i will say it again, He is our best player.

As others have said when he plays the team plays miles better and 9 times out of 10 we end up winning the match or at the very least drawing.

Needs to play in the cup final! Please no risk taking with him robbie.

Bazzas right boot
13 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Deserves more credit this post 😂😂

Tbh, it was right there.... 🙄

6 hours ago, RobNox said:

We'd also probably be defending Scottish Cup holders.

Correct.  Say what you like about Levein but with a 16 year old playing Scotland's player of the year off the park, Haring and Naismith would have won it for is.

Very unlucky for levein and us.

10 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Said it before and i will say it again, He is our best player.

As others have said when he plays the team plays miles better and 9 times out of 10 we end up winning the match or at the very least drawing.

Needs to play in the cup final! Please no risk taking with him robbie.

That's the conundrum for me. do we wrap him up in cotton wool, keeping him in reserve for the final?

Or, do we play him at every opportunity to get him game fit and at his peak?

For me, you play him at every opportunity and keep your fingers crossed that the injury is well past him now.