IPOD/Sony Walkman

Pele_Is_God

Thinking of changing from IPOD to a Sony Walkman. I have Spotify premium but looking for something with a better battery life. How much does the music cost on the Sony Software?

Would a phone with a bigger battery not be a better option?

You're not tied to buying music from Sony for a Walkman, it's not a closed system. A Sony Walkman is definitely a step up from an iPod. 

Do folk still use iPod & Walkman? Really?

My iPhone has a decent storage capacity with thousands of songs on it. 
Why carry 2 things?

9 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Why carry 2 things?

Don't even need storage when you can just stream them. 

10 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Why carry 2 things?

This. 

Governor Tarkin
16 hours ago, Pele_Is_God said:

Thinking of changing from IPOD to a Sony Walkman. I have Spotify premium but looking for something with a better battery life. How much does the music cost on the Sony Software?

I just use my phone. If you don't want to stream from Spotify all the time wait untill you have a wifi connection and make all of your favourite music available offline. I do this for when I'm at sea and don't have the bandwidth for streaming. I can't remember offhand but it's a fairly large chunk of music you can download provided you have the storage available on your phone.

Kennedy Bakircioglu

The title of this thread did suggest this was a nostalgic thread looking back at which you preferred.

I get people saying just use your phone, but I now have a separate music device and my phone. The music device is just a basic Chinese Android phone but with no apps linked other than Spotify. I use it in the evening if I fancy switching off my main phone and giving myself peace for a bit.

Back to the topic though, I haven't used either in years!

I love my sony walkman, no idea how it compares to an ipod though.

I don't always take my phone out with me, to get some peace, so the walkman is great and much smaller.

I have had both over the years (before phones had decent storage). I thought the ipod was a better to use player, but sound quality on the Walkman was a lot better.

As I said, my phone does nowadays. Feel the sound quality on my galaxy pisses all over an iPhone.

I am not very tech minded so when my ipod died about 6 months ago I switched to an old iphone 5 and wish I had done it years ago. My subscribed podcasts switched over automatically, I can download them easily to listen when offline and can use the free spotify on it for music plus the battery lasts way longer too. Would definitely recommend going this route.