Last Day Hearts & Hibs at Home

harvo1

William H. Bonney

we were 3pm ko against Ross county. 
They were 1230 against raith rovers in a play off match. 

Edited by Furious Styles

In 1990 we played Motherwell in the Cup (4-0) in front of 19k+, while they played, iirc, Partick, in front of 7k on the same afternoon. 

Wee team, indeed. 

Edit: they played East Fife, but even so. 

Edited by martoon

Just now, Rudy T said:

Both at home tonight. They play St Johnstone.

I detest St Johnstone these days. A club i never gave a hoot about one way or the other until the arrogant and un-sportsman-like Tommy Wright was around. He had a decent record against Hearts but never gave us any credit in post-match interviews. Always a snidey comment when it came to Hearts but not so often against anyone else. Why he took a dislike to Hearts over anyone else is a mystery. The chip on his shoulder suggests to me he'd make a perfect Hibs manager. Normally i'd like to see St J beat but, it's Hibs. I think they'll be too strong for St J even if Hibs do need to be brought down a peg or two. Head says c'mon Saints, heart says it won't happen. Ach, stuff it.... 1-1. 

Edited by jambonian

10 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I detest St Johnstone these days. A club i never gave a hoot about one way or the other until the arrogant and un-sportsman-like Tommy Wright was around. He had a decent record against Hearts but never gave us any credit in post-match interviews. Always a snidey comment when it came to Hearts but not so often against anyone else. Why he took a dislike to Hearts over anyone else is a mystery. The chip on his shoulder suggests to me he'd make a perfect Hibs manager. Normally i'd like to see St J beat but, it's Hibs. I think they'll be too strong for St J even if Hibs do need to be brought down a peg or two. Head says c'mon Saints, heart says it won't happen. Ach, stuff it.... 1-1. 

They're one of these clubs you just don't take much notice of, sometimes forgot they were even in the league. Never do much just kinda of hover around mid table. It's difficult to get excited about playing them.

Just now, Rudy T said:

They're one of these clubs you just don't take much notice of, sometimes forgot they were even in the league. Never do much just kinda of hover around mid table. It's difficult to get excited about playing them.

Yip. The other thing i've come to despise them for was when they said they were going to open up three sides of their ground to old firm fans, essentially turning their home match into a virtual home match for them instead. Clubs bending over like that for the old firm boaby get my goat. Yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir.  Meh! Hope they're one of the clubs that eventually go down and don't return.

I have a wee bit of a soft spot for St Johnstone going back to when I was a wee laddie and used to go to my aunties in Perth during the summer holidays. It must have been towards the end of the holidays as I remember going to old Murton Park for early season games, possibly the league cup when it was 4 team sections and you played  3 home and 3 away over the first 3 weeks of the season so I have no problem hoping St J beat Hibs tonight.

Just now, 1953 said:

I have a wee bit of a soft spot for St Johnstone going back to when I was a wee laddie and used to go to my aunties in Perth during the summer holidays. It must have been towards the end of the holidays as I remember going to old Murton Park for early season games, possibly the league cup when it was 4 team sections and you played  3 home and 3 away over the first 3 weeks of the season so I have no problem hoping St J beat Hibs tonight.

I'd love them to beat Hibs, purely because that lot need to be brought down a peg or two. I sadly predict a Hibs (maybe 3-1) win but really hoping they lose or at least end up with a draw (Jack Dross's favourite scoreline). A Mr Average manager who'll eventually keep Hibs mid-table where they belong.

Edited by jambonian

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

Yip. The other thing i've come to despise them for was when they said they were going to open up three sides of their ground to old firm fans, essentially turning their home match into a virtual home match for them instead. Clubs bending over like that for the old firm boaby get my goat. Yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir.  Meh! Hope they're one of the clubs that eventually go down and don't return.

Must be in the name with St Mirren being the ultimate takers of the hooped boaby 

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Same as Hamilton, Ross County etc. Feels like we play them at home 5 times a season. They bring barely any fans to Tynecastle, and really don't bring much to the table. As an away day, it's pretty shan. The only perk of St Johnstone away is if your going via car/supporters bus, then it's right by the motorway and gets you home quick.

16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Cheers for that, Mikey. 

Went back a year to the 1989 Cup. We played on the same day twice. 

Last 32:

Hearts v. Ayr, 16k.

Hibs v. Brechin, 7k.

Last 16:

Hearts v. Partick, 18k.

Hibs v. Motherwell, 12k.

I remember a wee skirmish in Princes' Street about an hour after FT. Don't recall, though, if it was either of the above or Motherwell in '90.

Wont be an issue tonight I would guess. 😁

9 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

we were 3pm ko against Ross county. 
They were 1230 against raith rovers in a play off match. 

I was at both games funnily enough 🤣don’t worry I wasn’t in the hibs end