Zlatan Ibrahimovic

AlimOzturk

51 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Where was the ‘NHC’?

You had me thinking he was signing for us 😂🤣

If only :(

47 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Also has thrown his toys out the pram after hearing Beckham is getting £40m to be in FIFA.

That'll be the end of these games now. 

An unbelievable player. Someone who many love to put down, and love to point out that he's nowhere near the worlds best. The only thing the man hasn't done at club level (somehow) is win the Champions League.

He's won titles in Spain, France, Netherlands and with 3 different clubs in Italy. He's scored double figure goals in 20 different seasons, he scored better than a goal every 2 games with Sweden, and even when the doubters loved to peddle the old 'aye, but he hasn't done it in the Premier League' line, he rocked up at 35 and pissed it with a Manchester United side who were distinctly average.

Then there's how he scores the goals. Not just how many, but how he actually does it. You could release a 1 hour long DVD of great Zlatan goals in his career (Only the 558 to sift through) and you'd still have to probably chop some out for the deleted scenes.

No one is ever going to claim he is truly as great as say Ronaldo or Messi, or many of the greats who came before them. But there's no doubt in my mind that Zlatan Ibrahimovic is the greatest striker* of the 21st century, and ridiculously underrated and underappreciated by many.

It's easy to loathe him because he comes across as arrogant and egotistical. If you actually watch a lot of his interviews, or read his book, he's far from it. He deliberately says this stuff as a 'get it up you' to the media, because he knows that's what they really want him to say. Oh, and he pays he pays his taxes...

*By striker, I mean a true striker. None of this winger/attacking midfielder turned modern forward pish.

1 hour ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Also has thrown his toys out the pram after hearing Beckham is getting £40m to be in FIFA.

Thats absolutely ridiculous. 

We're going to see other legends demand more now too. Don't bother with Ultimate team since its just glorified gambling now but can almost guarentee they'll start fiddling with rare player drop rates to 'encourage' more fifa point purchases. 

Loot boxes should be illegal tbh. Fifa is a game played by loads of kids. Getting them hooked on gambling is ****ing sick. 

He's one of my favourite strikers of all time. 6ft 5' but the amount of agility he has is incredible. To still be tearing it up at his age is nothing short of a testament to his professionalism and ability. 

17 minutes ago, Locky said:

An unbelievable player. Someone who many love to put down, and love to point out that he's nowhere near the worlds best. The only thing the man hasn't done at club level (somehow) is win the Champions League.

He's won titles in Spain, France, Netherlands and with 3 different clubs in Italy. He's scored double figure goals in 20 different seasons, he scored better than a goal every 2 games with Sweden, and even when the doubters loved to peddle the old 'aye, but he hasn't done it in the Premier League' line, he rocked up at 35 and pissed it with a Manchester United side who were distinctly average.

Then there's how he scores the goals. Not just how many, but how he actually does it. You could release a 1 hour long DVD of great Zlatan goals in his career (Only the 558 to sift through) and you'd still have to probably chop some out for the deleted scenes.

No one is ever going to claim he is truly as great as say Ronaldo or Messi, or many of the greats who came before them. But there's no doubt in my mind that Zlatan Ibrahimovic is the greatest striker* of the 21st century, and ridiculously underrated and underappreciated by many.

It's easy to loathe him because he comes across as arrogant and egotistical. If you actually watch a lot of his interviews, or read his book, he's far from it. He deliberately says this stuff as a 'get it up you' to the media, because he knows that's what they really want him to say. Oh, and he pays he pays his taxes...

*By striker, I mean a true striker. None of this winger/attacking midfielder turned modern forward pish.

Spot on.

Ronaldo and Messi are another level like pele and Maradona.

Zlatan for me is up there with the likes of Ronaldinho, Zidane, Ronaldo(9) and Rivaldo.

Not just his goal scoring that's fantastic but his overall game is amazing.

Agree he is not arrogant I think he plays up to the media as if he is playing a character and just having fun rather that your media trained players who say nothing exiting or controversial incase they get in trouble or ruin and sponsorship deal.

1 hour ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Don't really blame him. Never mind the money Beckham is getting, I'd also question how much the Boxer Anthony Joshua is getting, as well as musicians Diplo and Dua Lipa. Aye, that's right, Diplo and Dua Lipa are in FIFA.

The game has totally sold it's soul. And Zlatan's right, if they're gonna start paying ridiculous amounts of money to have retired players, or non-footballers to appear in the game, then existing players will just start refusing to be included in the game full stop. It's a very dangerous road that FIFA are treading down there, and for what? A quick fix of cash.

Byyy The Light
47 minutes ago, Locky said:

Agree with most of this. Sorry to be picky but I would say that Ronaldo has very much been an out and out striker for a long time now.  So for me he gets best striker badge.

Love Ibrahimovic as a player and his interviews are top notch entertainment.  A lot to like about him.

1 hour ago, Locky said:

The elusive ECL win is strange, does he not share a record with Brazilian Ronaldo for playing for the most European Cup winning teams without winning it himself? 

Just now, Anything2 said:

The elusive ECL win is strange, does he not share a record with Brazilian Ronaldo for playing for the most European Cup winning teams without winning it himself? 

In fact he might hold the record on his own since the Man United stint. 

Unreal to think about him going from a showpony trick merchant at Ajax to ruthless goalscorer in Italy. 

One of the last great players from my childhood 🥺

4 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

Beckham is getting 40 million to be in a kids video game
Do children nowadays even give a **** who beckham is . 

Beckham was offered 30 mill over 3 years but the feckin greedy barsteward pushed for 40 mill :facepalm:

Can’t imagine there’s many players who have bossed it in

- EPL

- Seria A (AC, Juve and Inter, arguably the top 3)

- La Liga

- Eredivisie

- Ligue 1

- MLS

Just needs a big pay day at Celtic when he’s 50 to complete the set!

I think a lot of it comes down to defenders not being able to rough players up nowadays. Zlatan is a big boy with amazing touch and technical ability, you can't defend against that unless you use the dark arts. 

31 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Beckham was offered 30 mill over 3 years but the feckin greedy barsteward pushed for 40 mill :facepalm:

Fair play to auld golden baws. 

Neil Dongcaster
5 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

Beckham is getting 40 million to be in a kids video game? 
Do children nowadays even give a **** who beckham is . 

I think the majority of the player base are 25+.

54 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Nobody will even use him a RM with no pace and weak skills in Fifa not going to happen

been here before
5 hours ago, Locky said:

Aye but Olly Lee gets more assists though.

4 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Agree with most of this. Sorry to be picky but I would say that Ronaldo has very much been an out and out striker for a long time now.  So for me he gets best striker badge.

Love Ibrahimovic as a player and his interviews are top notch entertainment.  A lot to like about him.

Definitely is the case nowadays, but in my head, he's still that ropey winger that Man United signed. Ronaldo has been transformed and moulded into the blueprint for your specimen striker, but I just really appreciate the old fashioned style strikers like Ibrahimovic. The only other player of his kind that I could compare him with is Dennis Bergkamp. Big, gangly, and can do all the things a big gangly striker can do, but so much more. I could only dream of doing the things that Bergkamp and Ibra can do with a football.

I used to admire Ronaldo a lot, and I still respect everything he has done in football. His dedication to the game is admirable. He's devoted his life to being the best he can be. But the older I get, the less I care about that sort of thing. Ronaldo is the perfect modern footballer and has helped redesign what a football player should be. He's on another wavelength from those around him, but almost everything he does comes back to his athleticism. I appreciate far more, someone who can just do fantastic things with the ball.

36 minutes ago, Locky said:

Definitely is the case nowadays, but in my head, he's still that ropey winger that Man United signed. Ronaldo has been transformed and moulded into the blueprint for your specimen striker, but I just really appreciate the old fashioned style strikers like Ibrahimovic. The only other player of his kind that I could compare him with is Dennis Bergkamp. Big, gangly, and can do all the things a big gangly striker can do, but so much more. I could only dream of doing the things that Bergkamp and Ibra can do with a football.

I used to admire Ronaldo a lot, and I still respect everything he has done in football. His dedication to the game is admirable. He's devoted his life to being the best he can be. But the older I get, the less I care about that sort of thing. Ronaldo is the perfect modern footballer and has helped redesign what a football player should be. He's on another wavelength from those around him, but almost everything he does comes back to his athleticism. I appreciate far more, someone who can just do fantastic things with the ball.

Ibrahimovic can put his longevity down to a combination of modern day training and diet. I would say he has become the quintessential modern day footballer. Though I agree his style is ageless and would probably be effective in any era of the game. 

SomethingAboutObua

Players are blaming FifPro for them not getting money from FIFA games, FifPro happen to support (real) FIFA's resolution to limit agent fees, guess who's advising the players this is all FifPro's fault...

18 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Players are blaming FifPro for them not getting money from FIFA games, FifPro happen to support (real) FIFA's resolution to limit agent fees, guess who's advising the players this is all FifPro's fault...

If FifPro have a deal with EA and are getting money from them for licensing and none of this money is reaching the players, whilst FifPro also say permission has to be sought from the player to use players' image rights, and Bale doesn't even know who or what FifPro is! then I can see trouble on the horizon for FifPro.

The 40m Beckham deal has drawn this to the current players attention, and I would suggest this could be about to go Boom!

18 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Greatness is born on October 3rd

:verysmug:

And of course October 2nd

:robbo:

Glad you say this - 3rd October is my birthday!

itsnomarooned
20 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I think a lot of it comes down to defenders not being able to rough players up nowadays. Zlatan is a big boy with amazing touch and technical ability, you can't defend against that unless you use the dark arts. 

Zlatan is incredibly strong and powerful, I reckon he'd have just as superb 'back in the day' and is no stranger to those dark arts you mention.

• 3 months later...
Салатные палочки
17 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I think I actually hate this guy

I like when cocky b@stards have the ability to back it up. It's people like Joey Barton and Scott Brown I hate. 

He was very disrespectful to Lukaku’s mother during the last Milan derby according to some Belgian colleagues of mine

• 1 year later...
Samuel Camazzola
8 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Giving absolutely zero ****s today after Milan secured Serie A......

Seems like that spell with Perry Kitchen has given him the drive to keep going at the top. 

Seaside Dave
On 24/11/2020 at 11:40, Haringshairband said:

PES is better than Fifa in my opinion

Outrageous comment. Seeing it's from 2020 I assume you're banned from kickback 😂