Southampton Away Kit

RobNox

I saw a bit of discussion on the BBC Sports site tonight about Southampton's away kit, quite a lot of favourable comments, apart from some older Scottish fans who had too many flashbacks to Peru in the 1978 WC Finals.

I happen to think this could be a great away strip for Hearts, obviously with a maroon diagonal band.  What do others think, and can anyone with the technical ability produce a mock up?

Southampton.jpg

Used to run around in this horror show as a bairn, loved it then, hate it now.

Crystal palace mad sash shirt.

Crystal Palace - Historical Football Kits

Tokyo Drifter
12 hours ago, RobNox said:

I saw a bit of discussion on the BBC Sports site tonight about Southampton's away kit, quite a lot of favourable comments, apart from some older Scottish fans who had too many flashbacks to Peru in the 1978 WC Finals.

I happen to think this could be a great away strip for Hearts, obviously with a maroon diagonal band.  What do others think, and can anyone with the technical ability produce a mock up?

Southampton.jpg

I think it wouldn't be long before the word 'sash' was used and then we'd be into a whole other world of trouble ...

As someone pointed out on a similar thread a while back, it is a sash but not Orange Order style. Airdrie's "diamond" is a more accurate representation and probably not unintentional. 

I loved Motherwell's mid 70's sashed shirt and vaguely recall Celtic, and their bigoted fans, having a problem with it. They are in no position to criticise any perceived symbolism at other clubs; real or imagined. 

Would love to see Hearts have an alternative kit version. 

14 hours ago, RobNox said:

C33618-CA-E1-AB-44-ED-9-D34-25-BD156929-

3 hours ago, Negan said:

The strip going down the middle looks like a seatbelt for our potential car crash season.

Arf, arf. 

6 hours ago, Quint said:

Like this Torino one from a couple of years ago 

image.jpeg.a6694e152cfa0f9cb579f79c065d9f54.jpeg

This would be a great away jersey, minus the weird horse thing of course.

4 minutes ago, JamTarts98 said:

Neigh ! 😉

43 minutes ago, JamTarts98 said:

Nature isn’t really your thing is it? 
A very weird horse, or a bull as most people call it. 

17 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Tbf to the lad it is also a weird looking bull.

SomethingAboutObua

Would look good, but as many have said too many would jump on the whole sash thing. Would love to see a pinstripe design for home and away though if we're throwing out ideas. 

5 hours ago, Tazio said:

Whoops. Unfortunately it's my eyes at fault there rather than my knowledge of nature. Still a nice jersey, minus the nature thingy of course 😁

On 24/11/2020 at 02:20, RobNox said:

Southampton.jpg

Agreed, change the red to a nice maroon and that would be fantastic IMO.

On 24/11/2020 at 14:34, Tokyo Drifter said:

I think it wouldn't be long before the word 'sash' was used and then we'd be into a whole other world of trouble ...

I hadn't really considered the sash connotation, but sadly, you're probably right.  It would play into the hands of those that refer to us as the diet huns, so while I still think it looks good, it's maybe not a great idea.

A random thought that occurred to me...I think every example I've seen of this 'sash' type top always has the sash running from left to right (from the players perspective).  I was thinking what if you run it the other way, from right to left, but when I envisage what it would look like, it seems crap.  Is it just me?

Pasquale for King
On 24/11/2020 at 02:20, RobNox said:

Southampton.jpg

I’ve said this for years. Here’s a Torino version. B38CBCD1-73A2-407F-87BA-7D55A2704643.jpeg.e7f1109f4f0b733756b3343bbcfd04e6.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’ve said this for years. Here’s a Torino version. B38CBCD1-73A2-407F-87BA-7D55A2704643.jpeg.e7f1109f4f0b733756b3343bbcfd04e6.jpeg

I have to say, it does look good, our strip would look even better with the Heart of Midlothian motif instead of the weird bull/horse type creature.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, RobNox said:

I have to say, it does look good, our strip would look even better with the Heart of Midlothian motif instead of the weird bull/horse type creature.

Indeed it would, we need someone more clued up than me to mock one up. It’s a standard design and I find it weird it’s never been used. 
What i said in the summer was that when the FoH take over we should have  some sort of vote to decide the third strip. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, RobNox said:

I hadn't really considered the sash connotation, but sadly, you're probably right.  It would play into the hands of those that refer to us as the diet huns, so while I still think it looks good, it's maybe not a great idea.

A random thought that occurred to me...I think every example I've seen of this 'sash' type top always has the sash running from left to right (from the players perspective).  I was thinking what if you run it the other way, from right to left, but when I envisage what it would look like, it seems crap.  Is it just me?

Most Masonic sash’s are in a V shape, which having seen the Airdrie fans last season makes sense. 
As for the having the stripe the other way it looks ok 

1C6A0FC3-5C4D-457C-9DEA-F474EA25450E.jpeg

08C6E9A5-33A6-4A8F-A759-FC4942741303.jpeg

F3C6867E-6177-4A03-8F95-BBBA8ECEB725.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed it would, we need someone more clued up than me to mock one up. It’s a standard design and I find it weird it’s never been used. 
What i said in the summer was that when the FoH take over we should have  some sort of vote to decide the third strip. 

I like that idea, for me third strip is an opportunity to go a bit left field, retain the essence of the club's identity, but do something a little bit different.

Pasquale for King
Just now, RobNox said:

I like that idea, for me third strip is an opportunity to go a bit left field, retain the essence of the club's identity, but do something a little bit different.

Definitely. 
This ones a bit shit. 

6AE44B07-A3D6-4947-AC91-C6B766A0C0B0.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Most Masonic sash’s are in a V shape, which having seen the Airdrie fans last season makes sense. 
As for the having the stripe the other way it looks ok 

1C6A0FC3-5C4D-457C-9DEA-F474EA25450E.jpeg

08C6E9A5-33A6-4A8F-A759-FC4942741303.jpeg

F3C6867E-6177-4A03-8F95-BBBA8ECEB725.jpeg

Now that I see it, the reverse 'sash' looks OK, especially when Zlatan is wearing it.  As you and an earlier poster have pointed out, the Masonic sash is actually v-shaped, so I go back to my OP and would like to see Hearts try it out as an away kit.