China's Moon Rock Mission

Lovecraft

luckyBatistuta
7 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

My guess is the start of a moon base.

If it was the Americans saying they were getting some rocks for research, would you have started a thread doubting them, just curious?

5 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

If it was the Americans saying they were getting some rocks for research, would you have started a thread doubting them, just curious?

Na. They're skint.

1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Lovecraft the politician🤣

😄

The Chinese State is dodgy AF.

They are trying to take over the world as it is, so they are probably forward enough looking to know that the moon will be another resource rich investment/asset.

Have you seen Space Force?

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

😄

The Chinese State is dodgy AF.

They are trying to take over the world as it is, so they are probably forward enough looking to know that the moon will be another resource rich investment/asset.

Have you seen Space Force?

They are, but so are the Americans. It’s just that you and I have been fed all our lives that the Chinese are bad and not to be trusted.

2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

They are, but so are the Americans. It’s just that you and I have been fed all our lives that the Chinese are bad and not to be trusted.

Na.  Not true.  At least not from me.  The American's are dodgy AF too.  Just nowhere near the same as the Chinese.  Lot's of shady worldwide politics always at play in pretty much everything, but the Chinese State are amongst the worst.

https://www.cato.org/human-freedom-index-new

China are 129th out of 162.

Hong Kong was 3rd.

luckyBatistuta
10 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Na.  Not true.  At least not from me.  The American's are dodgy AF too.  Just nowhere near the same as the Chinese.  Lot's of shady worldwide politics always at play in pretty much everything, but the Chinese State are amongst the worst.

https://www.cato.org/human-freedom-index-new

China are 129th out of 162.

Hong Kong was 3rd.

I think they are dodgy as, would never trust them. I would also not trust the Americans though. My point wasn’t about who was worse, just the fact I didn’t think you would have started a thread on it if this story was about the Americans. 

In fact, I don’t even know why I bothered typing it in the first place. Coming across like I want an argument and I don’t. I don’t believe them either🤣

Just ignore me bud, had a crappy couple of days. 👍🤝

9 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I think they are dodgy as, would never trust them. I would also not trust the Americans though. My point wasn’t about who was worse, just the fact I didn’t think you would have started a thread on it if this story was about the Americans. 

In fact, I don’t even know why I bothered typing it in the first place. Coming across like I want an argument and I don’t. I don’t believe them either🤣

Just ignore me bud, had a crappy couple of days. 👍🤝

Not at all.  never took it as you were looking for an argument.

I Just posted it as the Chinese are taking advantage of the rest of the world  being locked down and in the middle of global recession.  Typical dodgy opportunists.  They have also been going round buying up companies and shares.  The Chinese want global domination.  They could turn off huge parts of the Worlds tech in minutes.  Hence the mistrust letting them into the UK's network.   A bit too late though TBH.

People really like cheap stuff.

😉

Edited by Lovecraft

luckyBatistuta
6 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Not at all.  never took it as you were looking for an argument.

I Just posted it as the Chinese are taking advantage of the rest of the world  being locked down and in the middle of global recession.  Typical dodgy opportunists.  They have also been going round buying up companies and shares.  The Chinese want global domination.  They could turn off huge parts of the Worlds tech in minutes.  Hence the mistrust letting them into the UK's network.   A bit too late though TBH.

People really like cheap stuff.

😉

I’d take a cheap PS5 off them😁

2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Hahahaha

Exactly.

Actually Googled it, and they are made in China.

5 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

You could Probably get a Fony Paystation 5 from Aliexpress or Alibaba.

A Boy Named Crow
2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Using my Chinese MiL as my point of reference...seems legit!

Actually,  if they are looking to colonise  I wonder how I go about getting her name to the top of the list...

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

"T/T, Bitcoin, MoneyGram Western Union Secure Payment"

Seems legit :lol:

Judging by the antics in the South China Sea, building artificial islands (military bases), I wouldn't be surprised to see a Moon Base be the start of a Chinese claim to the moon itself. 

🤣 Big bad China are trying take over the world. Have Britain not tried this, you know, they built so many things for the people of the countries of the auld empire. Very nice people these Brits. Bet the auld empire wish they still built things for them. 

46 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Actually,  if they are looking to colonise  I wonder how I go about getting her name to the top of the list...

😄

41 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Judging by the antics in the South China Sea, building artificial islands (military bases), I wouldn't be surprised to see a Moon Base be the start of a Chinese claim to the moon itself. 

Exactly what I was implying.

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

🤣 Aye cause the USA stuck a UN flag on the moon when they first landed, didn't they. 

44 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Exactly what I was implying.

What’s the problem, If they have the money and know how, let them. Don't tell me, you wanted to do it. 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

🤣 Aye cause the USA stuck a UN flag on the moon when they first landed, didn't they. 

What’s the problem, If they have the money and know how, let them. Don't tell me, you wanted to do it. 

Na.  Already been.  It was crap.

I gave it a 3/10 on Tripadvisor.

Far colder than I was expecting.

1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

Really!!! Sorry to hear that. And I hope you're over it. 

luckyBatistuta
8 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

😱 full of rice crispies inside. They’ll get plenty folk buying that too.

6 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

:lol:

Governor Tarkin
9 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I think they've already got some, bud. 👍

9 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

It’s just that you and I have been fed all our lives that the Chinese are bad and not to be trusted.

And is this false?

6 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

See. From our man on the inside. That pretty much proves it.

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

🤣 Big bad China are trying take over the world. Have Britain not tried this, you know, they built so many things for the people of the countries of the auld empire. Very nice people these Brits. Bet the auld empire wish they still built things for them. 

Britain did a bit better than try for a wee while there. Those old colonial world maps are a thing of beauty.

:greggy:

The wee Italian got his Jock lackeys as far as Derby before scuttling back up the road to take a doing on Drumossie Moor.

:sweeet:

14 minutes ago, Cade said:

Might have to re-watch "Iron Sky" with a few bevvies this weekend.

This masterpiece isn’t on Netflix or Amazon Prime anymore. It’s a disgrace. 

luckyBatistuta
38 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I think they've already got some, bud. 👍

You sure?

And is this false?

The CPC...Yes

All Chinese people...No

See. From our man on the inside. That pretty much proves it.

:rofl:

Governor Tarkin
28 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

The CPC...Yes

All Chinese people...No

There are only around a couple of dozen real Chinese people left in the wild. The rest are animatronic murder-bots manufactured by the CPC. A Boy named Crow's better half is probably one of the real ones, but his MiL sounds suspiciously like a sinister android. 

And don't kid yourself they are only after moonrock. Don't you think it's a bit sus they've been skulking around with landers on the dark side?

They are basically building one of these but with less Germans.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCYLaz90enjmEczU7zZqY

Edited by Governor Tarkin

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

There are only around a couple of dozen real Chinese people left in the wild. The rest are animatronic murder-bots manufactured by the CPC. A Boy named Crow's better half is probably one of the real ones, but his MiL sounds suspiciously like a sinister android. 

And don't kid yourself they are only after moonrock. Don't you think it's a bit sus they've been skulking around with landers on the dark side?

They are basically building one of these but with less Germans.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCYLaz90enjmEczU7zZqY

I must know his MiL then 😁

I’ll get an invite, sadly I won’t see you there for the opening ceremony.

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I’ll get an invite, sadly I won’t see you there for the opening ceremony.

Good lad. You had better get a move on though. There's another mob opening a moonbase next door.

d41586-019-01199-2_16649552.jpg

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Good lad. You had better get a move on though. There's another mob opening a moonbase next door.

d41586-019-01199-2_16649552.jpg

:lol: I like to live dangerously, a wee wok on the wild side.

7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

The US stuck a US Flag in the ground, aye, but they never then claimed that it belonged to them.  In fact, they were one of the first countries to sign the Outer Space Treaty which was in 1967 - 2 years before they even landed on it.  I might be misremembering this slightly, but I think China technically have also signed this treaty, but as the original signature was transferred to the People's Republic of China after a UN vote on "the one true China", they could potentially argue that they haven't actually ever signed it themselves.

Not sure why you're acting like it's so controversial to comment on the way that China are conducting some of their international business, and to question the motives behind it, suggesting that people are saying "Big Bad China".  It's not a xenophobic thing, it's not a racist thing, and it's nothing against the Chinese people.  It's entirely aimed at the regime that is in charge, which is dodgy as ****, and are up to some pretty horrific things.  Countries and Governments are starting to question motives a bit more, which is why things like the Huawei infrastructure is starting to   banned across multiple different countries.

The information about what the government are up to is suppressed as much as possible, and things are quietly happening around the World (in particular, the heavy involvement in Africa and the South China Sea).  This is not a conspiracy, it is fact.  If everything was so wonderful and brilliant, why would Hong Kong be kicking up such a fuss about being under Chinese control?

Seymour M Hersh

My guess is they'll be very interested to see what, if any, rare minerals, metals etc are there. If there seems to be a significant amount then they'll probably claim the moon as a Chinese province and start mining expeditions. At least they won't have to bribe the moon's leaders with their belt and roads "iniatives" as they've done in over 100 countries so far to hoover up their natural resources in return for a few nice roads and buildings. 

Governor Tarkin
19 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

At least they won't have to bribe the moon's leaders with their belt and roads "iniatives" as they've done in over 100 countries so far to hoover up their natural resources in return for a few nice roads and buildings. 

I've done a fair bit of work out of Sub Saharan Africa over the years, and the infrastructure projects are almost exclusively Chinese.

This post could well go in the getting old thread. You guys will be the same as my life and countries. It started with the bad Germans, then it was the Russians, Korea caused a war, China got involved in that as did United States and Nations. China contributed manpower and used a strategy of lowering their population by sacrificing men in their hundreds. Now we have the problems with the Middle East and terrorism.  The ambitions of reasonably large population, economic success generally because of large population and production for export now become ambitious for total world domination. Space is the new WW1 trenches, WW2 mass bombings, nuclear threat. Just like has happened every time in history the people will suffer millions will die, there will be a winner and it will all be over, and on whatever means of communication like the internet some old fart like me will be saying  I remember when.

7 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Yeah. I was expecting it to be quite exciting but there was no atmosphere at all.

Governor Tarkin
59 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

And now it’s abundantly clear why @Governor Tarkin  has a problem with it.

Giant Death Lasers are sooooo passé when you have Planet Bombs at your disposal.

earth-bomb-sky-image-planet-shaped-conce

Edited by Governor Tarkin