Merry Chrimbo

sac

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

They also use easy to construct nicknames by adding an O, like Stevo, Tambo, Jonno, Marko

and common use rhyming slang is another thing they do

”Coming down the rub a dub dub for a cheeky wee Crimbo Don Revy Tambo. They’ve got the footy on”

I must be honest, I've used cheeky wee pint etc... Most my adult life. Sorry. 

It my boys Patter that bugs me. Bounce, actual, and some others that have me :wtfvlad:

My Patter is worse. Rhythming slang for almost everything. Lillian gish, Turkish delight, Grey friars Bobby, Bengal lancer, nae Jack Palace, Current buns, and some other unpostables. 

been here before
18 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I must be honest, I've used cheeky wee pint etc... Most my adult life. Sorry. 

It my boys Patter that bugs me. Bounce, actual, and some others that have me :wtfvlad:

My Patter is worse. Rhythming slang for almost everything. Lillian gish, Turkish delight, Grey friars Bobby, Bengal lancer, nae Jack Palace, Current buns, and some other unpostables. 

No Joe Baksi?

:facepalm:

1 minute ago, been here before said:

No Joe Baksi?

:facepalm:

It's Terry Venible(s) (Very Terrible) , and I'm nearly 50 ::facepaw::

On 24/11/2020 at 14:24, martoon said:

Horrible. 

Over the Crimbo holibobs, watching the Boxing Day footy, with a leftover turkey sarnie and a few tinnies...very more-ish. 

😀   Aye, appalling chat. Almost like posh folks revenge on street slang.       Nigella uses "moreish"  a fair bit to describe some of  the fancy grub she cooks.      Presumably huge fat b'stards would describe all food as "moreish" though.  :whistling:

47 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Keep them up all next year. Let’s see if there’s any substance to your big talk! 

:lol: 

I would if Mrs tjambo would let me 😂

2 hours ago, been here before said:

And do 'cheeky' things such as a 'cheeky' pint or a 'cheeky' half day.

***** in other words.

2 hours ago, Tazio said:

You can’t beat a cheeky vino at gin o’clock. 

which I hope poisons them. 

Have you chaps noticed that Chardonnay is always ‘cheeky’ too?

And always ‘wee’?

The Real Maroonblood
On 24/11/2020 at 02:37, tian447 said:

The best thing about the COVID restrictions is not having to hear shitey Christmas music in the shops starting from November the 1st. Have barely been in the shops since April.  My life is much improved by not having to put up with Mariah Carey screeching on loop. 

I'd do myself in if it could be Christmas every day.  ****. 

The Slade one gets on my tits.

been here before
On 24/11/2020 at 02:37, tian447 said:

The best thing about the COVID restrictions is not having to hear shitey Christmas music in the shops starting from November the 1st. Have barely been in the shops since April.  My life is much improved by not having to put up with Mariah Carey screeching on loop. 

I'd do myself in if it could be Christmas every day.  

Co-op on Bridge Road in Colinton belting out some Bruce Springstein christmas shite last Thursday at half 8 in the morning.

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

😀   Aye, appalling chat. Almost like posh folks revenge on street slang.       Nigella uses "moreish"  a fair bit to describe some of  the fancy grub she cooks.      Presumably huge fat b'stards would describe all food as "moreish" though.  :whistling:

I'd describe a bit of Nigella as moreish......

Heartsmad1874
59 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

That was brutal. 

Bo Selecta in general was awful viewing so was that Fonejacker show, absolutely chronic.

Balls of Steel was comedy gold though.

Slightly off topic i know.

11 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Thus far, no one has been brave enough to tell the truth and point a finger at the elephant in the room, LS. 

Until now. 

It's the English. 

Crimbo, sarnie, more-ish, footy...all these appalling words originate from England. 

There, I've said it. 😁😉

19 minutes ago, martoon said:

Thus far, no one has been brave enough to tell the truth and point a finger at the elephant in the room, LS. 

Until now. 

It's the English. 

Crimbo, sarnie, more-ish, footy...all these appalling words originate from England. 

There, I've said it. 😁😉

Nice avatar, we've been rewatching Auf Wiedersehen Pet

11 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

As Super Hans says in Peep Show "that crack is really moreish"

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Nice avatar, we've been rewatching Auf Wiedersehen Pet

Best tv prog ever, Smithee. 

Well, series 1 & 2 in the '80's, certainly. 

7 hours ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Bo Selecta in general was awful viewing so was that Fonejacker show, absolutely chronic.

Balls of Steel was comedy gold though.

Slightly off topic i know.

Fonejacker? Was that that bellend Dom Jolly? All those kind of shows were utter pish. 

Edited by ri Alban

27 minutes ago, martoon said:

Best tv prog ever, Smithee. 

Well, series 1 & 2 in the '80's, certainly. 

I enjoyed the newer one too TBF.

I once saw Timothy Spall in the wee Dutch town I lived in, apparently him and his Mrs are into coastal boating. I was too starstruck to say anything. 

35 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I once saw Timothy Spall in the wee Dutch town I lived in, apparently him and his Mrs are into coastal boating. I was too starstruck to say anything. 

I like series 3 anaw. Can't remember series 4.

8 hours ago, Smithee said:

I enjoyed Series 3 & 4, too. I did think the shark was starting to circle by the Cuba episodes, however (Neville the spy😅) and they definitely jumped it in the Christmas special 2 part finale.