Fans return in England

Busman2

5 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

No one should want to go  until we've all had some kind of inoculation,   its just not worth the risk, could be a couple of years till football ever thinks about being back to normal.

Why? This virus has a 99.97% recovery for under 70s. 

Should be up to the individual to assess their own risk.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Pasquale for King

• Nookie Bear

• jr ewing

1 hour ago, gashauskis9 said:

Boris is desperate to kill folk isn’t he?  

More chance of being hit by a bus on the way to the game. Why are people loving their lives in fear other than this is what the media want. 

17 minutes ago, SectionFJambo said:

What's happening down south is pretty irrelevant. Sturgeon has her levels and fans are allowed to return at level 1. Even this she dragged her heels on up north.

When fans do return it will be in the hundreds at a time - the majority of us will be nowhere near a stadium this season.

I'd imagine the earliest the centre belt will be getting near level 1 is post the roll out of a vaccine in the spring.

Wouldn't feel safe until it does. Patience required. Stay safe. 

14 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Why? This virus has a 99.97% recovery for under 70s. 

Should be up to the individual to assess their own risk.

Thats why every thing is totally f....d the now eh  ?

15 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Thats why every thing is totally f....d the now eh  ?

It really isn't . Depends on if you like the government telling you what to do I guess. 

I would be back at Tynecastle tomorrow if possible. 

6 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

It really isn't . Depends on if you like the government telling you what to do I guess. 

50k dead ? Or there abouts in uk

part_time_jambo
5 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

If Hibs are allowed 2k or 4k it’d look like a sell out 😀

Dunno how I feel about this. How are they gonna pick who can go? 

Have a raffle, and the winners don't need to go.

Surely we can have some supporters in the ground? The cup final would have been the ideal chance to let say 10k fans into the ground when you can easily social distance. No way on earth that this government will sanction it though. 

24 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Surely we can have some supporters in the ground? The cup final would have been the ideal chance to let say 10k fans into the ground when you can easily social distance. No way on earth that this government will sanction it though. 

Glasgow is in tier 4 at present so unlikely to be below 3 on 20/12.  

I would go. 4k fans in our 62k stadium will make social distancing simple. 

That said, i have a feeling it would be our Corporate ST holders that get first crack at tickets due to their monetary value to the club. There was also talk that if you applied in one ballot and were succesful, you would be excluded from further ballots to try and ensure a fair distribution. Makes sense. 

I think we have aound 42k general admission and 8k corporate ST holders.

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

The biggest problem is getting fans in and out of the ground.

2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

The biggest problem is getting fans in and out of the ground.

Lack of toilet facilities and fans crowded around food kiosks - social distancing goes straight out the window.

People crowded on public transport pre/post match.

Managing ingress/egress is doable although I agree, with numpties like the Green Brigade,  this is a disaster waiting to happen.

Pasquale for King
16 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Lack of toilet facilities and fans crowded around food kiosks - social distancing goes straight out the window.

People crowded on public transport pre/post match.

Managing ingress/egress is doable although I agree, with numpties like the Green Brigade,  this is a disaster waiting to happen.

Absolutely, and their bigoted pals. Are they capable of not sitting in groups, not singing or shouting their rather aged ditties?

If London is in Tier 2 (as rumoured) we would get 2,000 at Palace. Club have said they would ballot season ticket holders. Those who didn't get a ticket for first game where fans are allowed would go into ballot for next game, and so on. Also rumoured that fans attending would have to wear facemasks, no singing or shouting, and bars at the ground would be closed. Must admit, I would think twice about applying for a ticket under those restrictions. Can't imagine there would be any atmosphere.

1 hour ago, EagleJambo said:

If London is in Tier 2 (as rumoured) we would get 2,000 at Palace. Club have said they would ballot season ticket holders. Those who didn't get a ticket for first game where fans are allowed would go into ballot for next game, and so on. Also rumoured that fans attending would have to wear facemasks, no singing or shouting, and bars at the ground would be closed. Must admit, I would think twice about applying for a ticket under those restrictions. Can't imagine there would be any atmosphere.

My glasses would steam up with a mask on so no good to me. 🤓

9 minutes ago, Barack said:

Really think she doesn't like Doncaster.

:lol:

On that front, she's certainly not alone.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Were the cameras used last night have glasses and masks on?

Skivingatwork

The statement demanding a meeting is absolutely laughable. To think what this guy earns and the language and tone used is that of an angry, impotent, small man shouting at the wind.

It’s no surprise that we have the worst TV deal in Europe when that’s who’s in charge...pathetic.

Neil Doncaster wants an emergency meeting to address the crisis in Scottish football, I wonder who's pulling his strings.

The crisis he created when he called the league, under pressure from we all know, who seems to have left him completely unscathed. Whatever we think of the lockdown you won't get me inside a football stadium this side of the vaccination programme  being well underway. As far as I'm concerned I'm quite happy with what I've got as a S/T holder until the virus is well under control. Another big football related outbreak will set the game back for years and yet this moron is trying to follow the English Premier League down a risky path.

Like I said, I wonder who's pulling his string(s)?

PS to Mods, if the title's too strong feel free to change it.

Sorry mods, just spotted the other thread, but I still prefer my title, "The Twat Neil Doncaster" for those wondering.

Edited by upgotheheads

Ford Prentice
21 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Sorry mods, just spotted the other thread, but I still prefer my title, "The Twat Neil Doncaster" for those wondering.

Far better. Nothing more really needs saying.

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

😄😄 If there's no shouting or swearing, I would be ejected by the stewards after 2 minutes. Imagine not shouting & swearing when you're watching Palace....

4 minutes ago, EagleJambo said:

😄😄 If there's no shouting or swearing, I would be ejected by the stewards after 2 minutes. Imagine not shouting & swearing when you're watching Palace....

🤣🤣

On 23/11/2020 at 22:16, Back to 2005 said:

More chance of being hit by a bus on the way to the game. Why are people loving their lives in fear other than this is what the media want. 

Agree with the first bit but sorry the second bit is bull

On 23/11/2020 at 16:50, Niemi’s gloves said:

Will the SFA  have a contingency plan to play the cup final at Murrayfield if we get something similar in Scotland (2000 fans for each side, all resident in Edinburgh, East Lothian and Midlothian)? Next to no chance unfortunately, given it’s the SFA.

Hampden. 4000 fans. All Celtic. 

The problem for us and many other clubs, is that we won't make any extra money untill were allowed more fans in than we have season ticket holders as there will be no fans paying for tickets.

It's likely to cost us money as it would require a large amount of stewarding to ensure social distancing etc.

I think the best case scenario would be no restrictions come the start of next season.

37 minutes ago, His name is said:

The problem for us and many other clubs, is that we won't make any extra money untill were allowed more fans in than we have season ticket holders as there will be no fans paying for tickets.

It's likely to cost us money as it would require a large amount of stewarding to ensure social distancing etc.

I think the best case scenario would be no restrictions come the start of next season.

Once I have the vaccine I expect to be able to attend with no problems

Attendance subject to vaccine will make it easy

In this life too many seem to have forgotten nothing was 100% prior to Covid but each to their own as long as I have taken the precautions to ensure I and others can be as safe as is possible

If you do not wish to be vaccinated that's fine as long as you continue to follow the rules laid out but you cannot attend the match and that may mean for some not until at least next season by which time some sort of genuine control of the disease may well have resulted

Pasquale for King

Looks like Doncaster made an idiot of himself again, hardly any teams will have fans allowed in down south and pretty much the same as we have up here. 

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Looks like Doncaster made an idiot of himself again, hardly any teams will have fans allowed in down south and pretty much the same as we have up here. 

Embarrassing and predictable, he lives in a tier 4 area the SFA and SPFL offices are based in the same area. How ****ing stupid are Doncaster and co? This is  a rhetorical question.

See you at Tynecastle around Easter when vaccination is widely available.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Embarrassing and predictable, he lives in a tier 4 area the SFA and SPFL offices are based in the same area. How ****ing stupid are Doncaster and co? This is  a rhetorical question.

See you at Tynecastle around Easter when vaccination is widely available.

Yeah that timetable sounds about right. 

As usual, Doncaster works from the old firm downwards when this really requires a solution starting at the bottom.

Never mind the top clubs who have sold ST's and have the money, he should be concentrating on easier progress like getting fans into the SPL1 and SPL2 clubs, and even the amateur/junior clubs that have really been hit.

But even tha thas to depend on them not being in Tier 4.

He just says stuff publicly expecting everyone to roll over and do as he (well, Lawell) says, but this is not the petrified world of Scottish Football, it is much bigger than that and it is controlled by someone who is not in thrall of the magic of ther old firm rivalry. In fact, she despises it.

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, JJ93 said:

Is it not 4k or 50% of capacity if higher than 4k? So for football stadiums it will be 50% capacity? 

CDE3BE86-8400-4D13-8677-55FB8BC1C8CF.jpeg

On 23/11/2020 at 22:41, Back to 2005 said:

A would go in a heartbeat

6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

CDE3BE86-8400-4D13-8677-55FB8BC1C8CF.jpeg

So that would be 4K if it were us. 

It would need to be restricted to those in the region first, I suspect many would still feel uncomfortable at attending or bringing kids so it may not be the scramble for tickets we imagine. 

All theoretical anyway. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

It would need to be restricted to those in the region first, I suspect many would still feel uncomfortable at attending or bringing kids so it may not be the scramble for tickets we imagine. 

All theoretical anyway. 

No that’s England. If it was us it would be 2k as we’re in the equivalent of tier 2 down there. 
We need to get to tier 1 to get into grounds like they have in Dingwall. 
Arsenal have made It first come first served for fans that have paid some sort of extra subsidy, that sounds like it might be a scramble. 
I don’t think I would be desperate to go just now if we could, which will surely be Loyalty points driven from areas in tier 1 too. 
They were saying that clubs down south need 10k to break even, but surely if they’ve sold STs that’s not right unless every one of those people spend a lot of money. 

It is interesting how political rather than scientific Covid has become. Boris ramping up the tiers yet allowing some people into stadia - no wonder people are confused. All the social media lies don't help. Public opinion is an hard thing to manage these days. Doncaster and Lawell trying to get the Scottish Govt to follow Boris' lead is quite comical though. Clearly they don't understand Sturgeon at all. Probably as she is one of those weird "woman" creatures similar to the ones that have appeared at Hearts and Partick who don't respect tradition and the status quo...

Pasquale for King
15 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

As usual, Doncaster works from the old firm downwards when this really requires a solution starting at the bottom.

Never mind the top clubs who have sold ST's and have the money, he should be concentrating on easier progress like getting fans into the SPL1 and SPL2 clubs, and even the amateur/junior clubs that have really been hit.

But even tha thas to depend on them not being in Tier 4.

He just says stuff publicly expecting everyone to roll over and do as he (well, Lawell) says, but this is not the petrified world of Scottish Football, it is much bigger than that and it is controlled by someone who is not in thrall of the magic of ther old firm rivalry. In fact, she despises it.

Spot on, as is Sturgeon to despise the uglies considering the trouble they cause wherever they go. They’re a real stain on our society and an embarrassment to our country in this day and age. 

On 24/11/2020 at 13:18, Alfie Conn said:

I would go. 4k fans in our 62k stadium will make social distancing simple. 

That said, i have a feeling it would be our Corporate ST holders that get first crack at tickets due to their monetary value to the club. There was also talk that if you applied in one ballot and were succesful, you would be excluded from further ballots to try and ensure a fair distribution. Makes sense. 

I think we have aound 42k general admission and 8k corporate ST holders.

4k out of 62k would get the stadium renamed Parkdead... Those fans would suddenly understand how the OF control clubs like Ross County that bit better. I think 4k fans at Celtic would actually cost them money. I'd make an exception for Celtic if I ran Scotland

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

It is interesting how political rather than scientific Covid has become. Boris ramping up the tiers yet allowing some people into stadia - no wonder people are confused. All the social media lies don't help. Public opinion is an hard thing to manage these days. Doncaster and Lawell trying to get the Scottish Govt to follow Boris' lead is quite comical though. Clearly they don't understand Sturgeon at all. Probably as she is one of those weird "woman" creatures similar to the ones that have appeared at Hearts and Partick who don't respect tradition and the status quo...

I agree but they already have a system in place that’s almost exactly the same as down South and has been in place for weeks before those in England will come into force. It just precludes the uglies from having fans in, as it would she adopted the same tiers as England. 
Ironically if they had got their moves to England they wouldn’t be allowed fans either 😆
I wonder how it would affect Cardiff, Swansea or Berwick Rangers 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔?!?!

20 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

All theoretical anyway. 

Under 65 as well, possibly. 

14 hours ago, Tazio said:

Spurs have announced they will allow 2k fans into the stadium for the upcoming derby against Arsenal. 

Amazing that London makes the lowest tier and the rest are fecked. Really amazing. 

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Amazing that London makes the lowest tier and the rest are fecked. Really amazing. 

Many inconsistencies, not least the fact Edinburgh has been thrown under a bus because Glaswegians are filth. 👍🏻