Ginnelly

Jim Panzee

3 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yep def think it makes more sense to start him than from the bench. We should have as much pace as possible on the pitch at the start to fly out the traps at Celtic and rock them. I’d even consider starting both White and Ginelly on either wing, our 2 fastest players. Why not. Ginelly might blow himself out by half time - then bring Walker on as the fresh legs. 

Sorry A_A couldn't help but bring a smile to my face when I read this. Maybe if he can unhook the truck he appears to be towing behind him he might give his all for 45 minutes.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

• Seymour M Hersh

kingantti1874
20 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Sorry A_A couldn't help but bring a smile to my face when I read this. Maybe if he can unhook the truck he appears to be towing behind him he might give his all for 45 minutes.

I just don’t see the need for these type of comments- Jamie has been excellent in our last 2 games.. 3 excellent goals

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I just don’t see the need for these type of comments- Jamie has been excellent in our last 2 games.. 3 excellent goals

Sorry, I know he has scored three goals in the last two games however I think that we can do better than him going forward.

I thought it was a mistake bringing him back to the club when we could have had a quicker player with a better engine than Jamie.

I have nothing against the guy other than we can do better.

Obviously lots of people are happy with what he contributes and it is just about our differing opinions.

If he score the winner on Sunday I will be  happy.

11 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Sorry, I know he has scored three goals in the last two games however I think that we can do better than him going forward.

I thought it was a mistake bringing him back to the club when we could have had a quicker player with a better engine than Jamie.

I have nothing against the guy other than we can do better.

Obviously lots of people are happy with what he contributes and it is just about our differing opinions.

If he score the winner on Sunday I will be  happy.

My problem with Walker is that, when the team has an off day, he’s always amongst the ones you look at and think he should and could have done more. He’s a senior player now and he should be pulling this team up when they are down, not dragging them further down. On his day he’s a great footballer and a match winner. See him on an off day and you really want to grab him by the throat and shake him. He can’t have one of those days on Sunday, we’ve no room for players who don’t fancy this 100%.

15 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

My problem with Walker is that, when the team has an off day, he’s always amongst the ones you look at and think he should and could have done more. He’s a senior player now and he should be pulling this team up when they are down, not dragging them further down. On his day he’s a great footballer and a match winner. See him on an off day and you really want to grab him by the throat and shake him. He can’t have one of those days on Sunday, we’ve no room for players who don’t fancy this 100%.

Interestingly, in the Way up in Gorgie piece, both Gordon and Halliday rate him as a finisher. Good enough for me.

Edited by TypoonJambo

A_A wehatethehibs

45 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Robbie Neilson had him playing the best football of his career for 3 successive seasons, let’s hope we are at the very beginning of seeing a repeat.

4 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Interestingly, in the Way up in Gorgie piece, both Gordon and Halliday rate him as a finisher. Good enough for me.

Consistency and attitude issue his whole career but yes, very good player and finisher when he turns up

4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Agree, totally.

Gordon Ramsay
5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Agree, totally.

Also agree. When the chips are down Walker seems to think running around fouling folk shows he's giving his all. Doesn't help. 

kingantti1874
29 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Agree, totally.

I agree as well. I just think we should offer praise when it’s due.. 

it’s always to negative on here.. even when we win comfortably 

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I agree as well. I just think we should offer praise when it’s due.. 

it’s always to negative on here.. even when we win comfortably 

I am happy to praise players when they do well. The problem with players like Jamie is that he often doesn't look as if he is always giving 100% which is very frustrating.

Players need to earn praise and we all know they have bad patches but as others have also said he is a senior player now and often anonymous in games and should be leading by example.

I think back to when Robbie was our Coach before Walker left and there was a lot of speculation about him going to Rangers and he looked as if he was trying his hardest to get a move to them in a number of games.

Sadly he has only shown glimmers of that enthusiasm and endeavour since returning to us apart from the odd game.

TBF he has had a couple of injuries and I hope if selected he gives his all on Sunday.