• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

• Seymour M Hersh

This better not turn into a we thought he was fine but now he needs an op and will be out for 6 months movie. I’m sick of watching that one. 

Gordon Ramsay
4 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

This better not turn into a we thought he was fine but now he needs an op and will be out for 6 months movie. I’m sick of watching that one. 

It's starting to look a bit like that. 

6 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Shades of Levein still hanging about 😕

A_A wehatethehibs

Think we need to collectively hire a therapist to help us all deal with our PTSD from the 2018-19-20 injury curse. Is the curse over??? ... please no more 😱

lost in space
23 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

has the medical staff changed at all since last season?

Not sure but don't think the fitness coach has changed - players all still look unfit.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Shades of Levein still hanging about 😕

He’s gone but the medical department isn’t. 

1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

has the medical staff changed at all since last season?

The Doctor left, not sure if anything else changed. I know for a fact Stendel was the aghast at some of the decisions made before he got there and gave the department both barrels one afternoon. 

1 hour ago, hearts00 said:

It's what we're good at.

So a player that was touch and go for the hibs game still no back coming up 4 weeks later 🙄

Some things never change 

2 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

pulled out of training and unlikely to play tonight. RN saying should be OK for Saturday. Pity as his pace is much needed.

He was supposed to be ok two weeks ago. Different coach, same bullshit.  Another question mark against our medical team. 

it could be a genuine relapse - or new injury? I just think we're hellish unlucky with injuries. almost feel it'd make zero difference if we swapped out the entire medical team.

a generous win TOMORROW :) and a lot of heat dies down about this kind of stuff.

When Ginnelly pulled up with the thigh muscle injury at Arbroath I immediately thought he would be out a few weeks.  It's not too different from a hamstring pull.    The main thing is he is 100% ready when he plays rather than rushing back.   He's going to be an important player for us as the season unfolds.  

2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Think we need to collectively hire a therapist to help us all deal with our PTSD from the 2018-19-20 injury curse. Is the curse over??? ... please no more 😱

So true. In general we have so much scar tissue as Hearts fans from the hideous performances for three seasons to the injustice of demotion. 

It is why even after going unbeaten to start the season and beating Hibs, Robbie gets it so tight after Friday. 

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Ah goody. Another thread for the naysayers to have a whine

not my intention JH - was just sharing what I'd read. We should have enough quality in the squad to cope with situations like this.

39 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

not my intention JH - was just sharing what I'd read. We should have enough quality in the squad to cope with situations like this.

Sorry if came across as dig at you Jim. Wasn’t intended. Just the usual suspects who will lump on now 

Ach, get them on the Gullane sand dunes every pre-season so they can build up some strength and stamina. The "Dad's Army" team we had in the early-mid 80s were hardly ever out injured, even at 33/34/35. Let them practice with some real fitba's from years ago, they don't know how easy they have it these days! Get the academy boys cleaning the pro's boots again and sweeping the terraces/stands. Even Gary Locke has said it was a good learning curve for the young boys. Everything is too namby-pamby and soft for players nowadays. Sports science.....pfft! There's a fitba, fekin hit and pass the thing! 

Edited by jambonian

5 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Hopefully not another Sibbick situation

Sibbick had glandular fever, anyone with even the faintest comprehension of the condition knew his season was over as soon as this was diagnosed.  

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, lost in space said:

Not sure but don't think the fitness coach has changed - players all still look unfit.

One thing RN is very clear about is expecting his players  to be match fit

2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

One thing RN is very clear about is expecting his players  to be match fit

That will be the players who triumphed over 120 minutes against a Hibs side 25% of the way through their season.

11 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Sorry if came across as dig at you Jim. Wasn’t intended. Just the usual suspects who will lump on now 

not at all JH - I get your point though. lets hope RN realises Ginnelly could be a prized asset this season for us and missing a game against a bottom of the table team so the lad is 100% fine for the game after is fine for me.

Better be careful we don't hype Ginnelly up to much!

Not convinced that he is the answer to all our problems, his first touch is a pass!

He seems to have pace and plays direct, But there again so did Mulraney!

Just now, Hashimoto said:

Not convinced that he is the answer to all our problems, his first touch is a pass!

Our whole season depends on his return, maybe. 😎

Just now, Hashimoto said:

Ginnelly seems a bit more savvy than Mulraney, but their is a danger that as well as he has done, his reputation grows greater the longer he is out.

In order of preference, our wide men tomorrow night need to come from a pool of Henderson, Roberts, Moore and Frear

He has looked promising so far so this is disappointing. 

I'd rather we gave Moore and Henderson a game than have Walker or Roberts deputise on the wings. Wighton should play through the middle as he's about the only one that looks like he'll take a good chance. 

10 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Ginnelly seems a bit more savvy than Mulraney, but their is a danger that as well as he has done, his reputation grows greater the longer he is out.

In order of preference, our wide men tomorrow night need to come from a pool of Henderson, Roberts, Moore and Frear

We'll just have to hope he doesn't read kickback.

So are you suggesting playing Henderson wide right?

Edited by wavydavy

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

We'll just have to hope he doesn't read kickback.

Reading JKB would certainly do wonders for his confidence, the danger is more that fans develop unrealistic expectations.

Bazzas right boot

How can this be? 

I thought it was CL that was running about smashing up folk with a mallet and forcing players to play when half fit. 

Maybe it's just that injuries are unpredictable and each individual is different. 

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Our whole season depends on his return, maybe. 😎

We'll not beat hibs and get to final without him... 

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He has looked promising so far so this is disappointing. 

I'd rather we gave Moore and Henderson a game than have Walker or Roberts deputise on the wings. Wighton should play through the middle as he's about the only one that looks like he'll take a good chance. 

I'd play White out left mid, he's a uncultured , but fast and direct and goes past players, he's also been more effective when not in defence. 

The Treasurer
24 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

That will be the players who triumphed over 120 minutes against a Hibs side 25% of the way through their season.

Exactly.

People seem to forget the two of our most important players had played an international match 48 hours earlier last week.

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'd play White out left mid, he's a uncultured , but fast and direct and goes past players, he's also been more effective when not in defence. 

Yeah, would probably be a better option. He can play both positions so it allows Kingsley to get forward a bit more as well and White can fill in. 

Certainly don't want to see Roberts, Frear, Naisy or Walker starting anytime soon after their recent efforts. 

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

How can this be? 

I thought it was CL that was running about smashing up folk with a mallet and forcing players to play when half fit. 

Maybe it's just that injuries are unpredictable and each individual is different. 

Indeed .

Hilarious to see those who blamed CL for everything struggling to justify their previous , nonsensical , arguments

He’s fit....he’s not fit....he’s fit....he’s not fit....he’s fit....he’s not fit....😏

Ex member of the SaS
2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Exactly.

People seem to forget the two of our most important players had played an international match 48 hours earlier last week.

Not a dig at you TT but how a professional athlete can't play twice a week is a farce. My father and I am sure many others will have similar stories, worked down a pit and played football semi professionally before even having a bath ( before pit head showers ) These so called fit players need a reality check to find out what real work is.

Oh and this was with a leather filly that when wet was like a medicine ball. 

13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

How can this be? 

I thought you told us we had to move on from Levein Tosh? 😂

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Yeah, would probably be a better option. He can play both positions so it allows Kingsley to get forward a bit more as well and White can fill in. 

Certainly don't want to see Roberts, Frear, Naisy or Walker starting anytime soon after their recent efforts. 

Walker is useless out right Tbh. 

I'd even go white left of a 4 and one of the younger guys on the right. 

Harring and Lee in the middle 

And Boyce / whighton up top or Naismith / Wighton  up top. 

Ffs, it's Alloa at home. It shouldn't be complicated 😂

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I thought you told us we had to move on from Levein Tosh? 😂

The irony meter just exploded. 

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Not a dig at you TT but how a professional athlete can't play twice a week is a farce. My father and I am sure many others will have similar stories, worked down a pit and played football semi professionally before even having a bath ( before pit head showers ) These so called fit players need a reality check to find out what real work is.

Oh and this was with a leather filly that when wet was like a medicine ball. 

Of course they should and can play twice a week, but the physical demands on their bodies, especially at international level, means recovery time between games is very important.

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Indeed .

Hilarious to see those who blamed CL for everything struggling to justify their previous , nonsensical , arguments

He hired most of the staff in the medical department and conducted two investigations into it, nothing to see here move along. 
Lets hope Ginnelly will be back soon and as we’ve got Alloa x 2 it might be the best idea to get him fully fit for Morton away. I wouldn’t say he was as vital but we are certainly better with him than without. 

20 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Walker is useless out right Tbh. 

I'd even go white left of a 4 and one of the younger guys on the right. 

Harring and Lee in the middle 

And Boyce / whighton up top or Naismith / Wighton  up top. 

Ffs, it's Alloa at home. It shouldn't be complicated 😂

If it's complicated v Alloa, we have serious problems.