Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• colinmaroon

• i8hibsh

• 1971fozzy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Not a ****ing hope.  And in my view JKB shouldn't be giving it the oxygen of publicity.

Wasn't there talk here of boycotting shite like this and collecting money instead for donation to Hearts via FOH?

I agree with not a penny. Don't agree with the oxygen of publicity on JKB, if these comments are reflective of the wider fan base, it shows that many are keeping to their promises made in the summer. I find this reassuring that we are sticking together with our principles of doing what is right.

Only Hearts.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

On a scale of shop front to complete shop front, Morton are the latter.

There is no need for any Hearts fan to pay Morton money to watch this game.

These decisions may be more difficult if we have one match to win the league later in the season but at this stage it’s a game that will likely be shit and we win by 1 or 2 goals

Not worth buying even in normal circumstances 

The Treasurer

Can I ask how long the boycott of these clubs is for ?

Is it one season.

Two seasons (assuming we are back in the Premier, playing a different set of clubs)

or is it permanent.

I'd rather drink boiled vomit, strained through a tramps gusset, than give that lot a penny.

7 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Is it one season.

Two seasons (assuming we are back in the Premier, playing a different set of clubs)

or is it permanent.

Perm please 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
14 hours ago, Spinos said:

I think I read somewhere that Morton was one of the few teams to support Hearts in the summer. As for McKinnon, he is universally hated by Morton fans too. But then he’s an ex-Rangers player so you can’t really expect much from him. I don’t know if I’ll buy the stream or not, and everyone can decide for themselves whether to do so, but I think I’d rather pay £14 than risk infecting my PC with all the viruses on the free streaming sites.

Completely untrue. Why spread something like that? Dave McK is one of the nicest people you could ever meet and gives up a lot of time to support disadvantaged young people without any publicity. Absolute genuine guy.

11 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Is it one season.

or is it permanent.

There is no official or unofficial organised boycott. The club don’t support a boycott and none of the supporters groups officially support a boycott . Its individuals making their own choice based on conscience vs a desire to watch games. Your own choice goes on for as long you want until you change your choice.

Spitonastranger
17 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Is it one season.

or is it permanent.

As long as YOU want it to be, it personal choice 

And he’s not praying!

My reply this morning......

Hi *****

I hope you are keeping safe and well.

It will of course be your decision not to watch your team play at Morton, but I’d just like to clarify a couple of things for the record.

Greenock Morton supported and voted for the Hearts reconstruction plan, that would have seen them remaining in the Premiership. In fact I personally worked closely with Ann Budge to try and make that happen. 

We did not make any comment during the period of legal review, but did make a comment in respect of a return to training which I’m sure you’re eluding to.

If you review this interview, you will see that we said very little as the newspaper led with the tone. My comment was that we were sympathetic to Hearts situation, but it may be perceived by some that it is an advantage.

As I said at the start *****, you will make your own decision and that’s what football and life is all about.

Best wishes for the season

David

As far as I’m concerned if they voted with Doncaster and the rest to finish the season and see us relegated then they have made their own bed. Not a brass farthing from me.

The Treasurer

Thanks for the answers to my question on the length of the boycott.

I agree, it's very much a personal choice and no-one should criticised for what they decide to do.

I've always had a dislike for Morton anyway so they can **** right off. 

Will the take up figures be announced after the event, I'd be interested to know that. Hopefully interest will be low and they get as little cash as possible. 

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, And he’s not praying! said:

Hi *****

It will of course be your decision not to watch your team play at Morton, but I’d just like to clarify a couple of things for the record.

Greenock Morton supported and voted for the Hearts reconstruction plan, that would have seen them remaining in the Premiership. In fact I personally worked closely with Ann Budge to try and make that happen. 

We did not make any comment during the period of legal review, but did make a comment in respect of a return to training which I’m sure you’re eluding to.

If you review this interview, you will see that we said very little as the newspaper led with the tone. My comment was that we were sympathetic to Hearts situation, but it may be perceived by some that it is an advantage.

As I said at the start *****, you will make your own decision and that’s what football and life is all about.

David

David McKinnon is suggesting that the newspaper interview led with the tone of Hearts having an advantage training. The "comment" he replied with, is one that anyone who didn't want to stand up and be counted, on either side of the argument, but especially Hearts side, would give. "Maybes aye, maybes naw". He could have just said that Morton did not agree with Dempster's JRG decision to hurt Hearts yet again.

His club, and many others, were happy enough to call the leagues at the behest of Doncaster and his puppet master, knowing full well the damage it would cause to the 3 clubs. Where was the questioning to Doncaster of why it had to be the way the SPFL cabal wanted it, in order to get the broadcasting money? Why did it have to be done in such a rush? Where were Morton's questions on how Dundee were allowed to change their vote?

From the Championship division, only Inverness Caledonian Thistle showed any public support to the 3 clubs. Any other so called support behind the scenes is worthless. Hearts were being ridiculed by owners/chairmen of clubs who were only thinking of themselves, and the media. At a time when Hearts needed public support from clubs, we got none from any other Championship club.

At the time of Doncaster asking how many clubs were interested in discussing reconstruction, he said he thought there was enough support for it, to ask the question. In reality, only 16 did say they would listen, which suggests that many others were saying one thing, within the chat of the clubs, but always intending to do the opposite. There was so much dishonesty and spite infesting the SPFL, all summer long, that to believe anyone other than the few who went public in support of the 3 clubs, would be to pander to the deceit of most of them.

I wish no club to go bust, for the sake of the ordinary, good people who rely on employment from them. Consideration from the SPFL clubs towards the ordinary, good people who were employed by the 3 clubs, they cast to the side without any conscience, was non existent.

Morton, and others, won't get my cash.

Used to have a soft spot for Morton as my father was a fan so my first games were actually Morton playing Rangers until I decided that since I was born in Simpson Memorial Hosp and spent first 2 years of my life living in Fairmilehead I'd support Hearts.

No more though. Feck em.

And he’s not praying!

Exchanged another few emails with him. Fair play to him for taking the time out to do so.

Still not getting a ****in penny from me

:gocompare:

gorgie rd eh11
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Good to see some top notch ubering back on the board, its been a while.

Good to see you still banging the same drum over and over and over and over and over and over...

been here before
5 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Good to see you still banging the same drum over and over and over and over and over and over...

The irony of that statement. :lol:

Francis Albert
12 hours ago, And he’s not praying! said:

Hi *****

David

Eluding to?

Anyway I am definitely out.

Edited by Francis Albert

And he’s not praying!
9 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Eluding to?

Anyway I am definitely out.

Yes, I noticed 🤪

I'm sure Morton will believe that they acted honourably and solely in the best interests of themselves. I'm sure every club tells itself that, and that they expect that Hearts were doing the same too. I personally believe this was why Doncaster asked Budge to lead the reconstruction talks, so that it was apparent to all that this was Hearts being self-interested...and would fail. Doncaster is the real bstard here, and I seriously doubt it is safe for him to show his ugly face in Edinburgh, but at the end of the day it is the setup that is rotten. Exact same issues exist in English football except on a much larger scale

16 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I'm sure Morton will believe that they acted honourably and solely in the best interests of themselves. I'm sure every club tells itself that, and that they expect that Hearts were doing the same too. I personally believe this was why Doncaster asked Budge to lead the reconstruction talks, so that it was apparent to all that this was Hearts being self-interested...and would fail. Doncaster is the real bstard here, and I seriously doubt it is safe for him to show his ugly face in Edinburgh, but at the end of the day it is the setup that is rotten. Exact same issues exist in English football except on a much larger scale

Agree about Doncaster, the sight of his ugly mug on TV gives me the boak. 

I'd rather he just stayed away from Tynecastle in future, he's not welcome and I don't want Hearts held responsible if something happens to him in our stadium. 

He's not worth it. 

As for Morton TV no thanks. 

7 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Yeah, tell yourself a lie often enough and you believe it's the truth.  The one function of Doncaster is the fantasy of imagining punching the smarmy faced pwicks lights in. Imagine the sheer joy of dishing out multple heavy blows as he pleaded for mercy in that irritating whiny voice.  £1 a kick up to the value of £385k until all that's left are a pair of crushed specs and soiled celtic underpants.

9 hours ago, Spellczech said:

These 2 things are mutually exclusive. By only considering your own interests you are not acting honourably.

Totally agree re Doncaster. If I was allowed to choose one person to give a free kick in the nuts, he'd be a very strong contender.

On 25/11/2020 at 19:59, ToqueJambo said:

Check the agenda of the Record. Such biased reporting:

Morton banked around £80k – not an earth-shattering amount but every little helps and they can at least start to plan for the future.

This jumped right out..

“For example John Nelms at Dundee is a decent guy and he as put in a invidious position where others were doing the talking for him. It’s been unfair.  😒

On 26/11/2020 at 11:27, SectionDJambo said:

David McKinnon is suggesting that the newspaper interview led with the tone of Hearts having an advantage training. The "comment" he replied with, is one that anyone who didn't want to stand up and be counted, on either side of the argument, but especially Hearts side, would give. "Maybes aye, maybes naw". He could have just said that Morton did not agree with Dempster's JRG decision to hurt Hearts yet again.

His club, and many others, were happy enough to call the leagues at the behest of Doncaster and his puppet master, knowing full well the damage it would cause to the 3 clubs. Where was the questioning to Doncaster of why it had to be the way the SPFL cabal wanted it, in order to get the broadcasting money? Why did it have to be done in such a rush? Where were Morton's questions on how Dundee were allowed to change their vote?

From the Championship division, only Inverness Caledonian Thistle showed any public support to the 3 clubs. Any other so called support behind the scenes is worthless. Hearts were being ridiculed by owners/chairmen of clubs who were only thinking of themselves, and the media. At a time when Hearts needed public support from clubs, we got none from any other Championship club.

At the time of Doncaster asking how many clubs were interested in discussing reconstruction, he said he thought there was enough support for it, to ask the question. In reality, only 16 did say they would listen, which suggests that many others were saying one thing, within the chat of the clubs, but always intending to do the opposite. There was so much dishonesty and spite infesting the SPFL, all summer long, that to believe anyone other than the few who went public in support of the 3 clubs, would be to pander to the deceit of most of them.

I wish no club to go bust, for the sake of the ordinary, good people who rely on employment from them. Consideration from the SPFL clubs towards the ordinary, good people who were employed by the 3 clubs, they cast to the side without any conscience, was non existent.

Morton, and others, won't get my cash.

Excellent post mate.

The Wrinkly Ninja
On 24/11/2020 at 11:17, colinmaroon said:

Hi Colin,

In respect of “unfair advantage” this has been taken out of context.

David

David Mackinnon

Morton can ram it.

I will be spending my money in a different context

1 hour ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Morton can ram it.

Do you guys not do your homework, Morton do not care at all how many of you pay for the game, at the end of this season the club gives way to fan ownership and over 2 million in debt will be written off your boycott does nothing to our club please move on and stop the anger lol also to wish any club to die is a bit sad to be honest it's not the players or the fans that make big discissions that impact clubs. Think of kids and loyal supporters should they suffer, jobs impacted life's in taters  as well as community football clubs, youth prospects talent lost Scottish football no progress due to hate wow? all you do when you close a team like us down is increase support for the scum firm. I get your hurting you will go back up but be careful for what u wish for.  And I replete your boycott does nothing to us. 

Morton can ram it.

Morton can ram it.

Do you guys not do your homework, Morton do not care at all how many of you pay for the game, at the end of this season the club gives way to fan ownership and over 2 million in debt will be written off your boycott does nothing to our club please move on and stop the anger lol also to wish any club to die is a bit sad to be honest it's not the players or the fans that make big discissions that impact clubs. Think of kids and loyal supporters should they suffer, jobs impacted life's in taters  as well as community football clubs, youth prospects talent lost Scottish football no progress due to hate wow? all you do when you close a team like us down is increase support for the scum firm. I get your hurting you will go back up but be careful for what u wish for.  And I replete your boycott does nothing to us. 

On 26/11/2020 at 09:28, The Treasurer said:

Is it one season.

or is it permanent.

As long as the memory of the injustice lasts.

been here before
2 hours ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Morton can ram it.

Cocaine and high class hookers?

Shanks said no
On 23/11/2020 at 22:41, Dagger Is Back said:

Personally they can go and kiss my ring piece.  Early Bird Special! Rats

Don't mention rats, the legendary Cat man of Greenock might be listening

PictureThis Scotland on Twitter: "The Rat Eating Cat-Man of Greenock.… "

16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

What are the chances of finding free streams for the Morton and Alloa games and where's the best place to look?

You have to admire this moral high ground we occupy. 😄

Pity fans are still a no no. Hopefully get to the next game at Cappielow. 

And won't be buying any stream from anyone. Cause I need my money for cider. 

Psychedelicropcircle

Dear Morton when ITC got misquoted in the paper (busing in stewards from level3), they quickly released a statement on their website making sure they’re taking out of context was corrected. 

ps yer getting **** all🤫

4 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

What are the chances of finding free streams for the Morton and Alloa games and where's the best place to look?

Mikey usually posts. Check the match thread near KO

The Hogfather
On 26/11/2020 at 09:28, The Treasurer said:

Is it one season.

or is it permanent.

I imagine the majority of the boycott brigade never really bothered watching Hearts outside of the EH postcode either way. I'd imagine our core away support will remain largely the same once we're allowed back within stadia again.

Your club didn't care about the damage to our club so don't expect any consideration from us..    Oh by the way owning the club but not the ground is a recipie for disaster.

31 minutes ago, Clarity said:

5 hours ago, jonesy said:

I think he was misquoted. He meant to say that Nelms is a slimy toad with all the integrity of his country's current president. Others were doing the talking for him because his mouth was full of Lawell's member.

👍😆

• davemclaren locked this topic