Morton v Hearts Stream – Early Bird Special

EH23-Jambo

I got a reply too much the same as colins and said he had voted for reconstruction and worked hard with Budge etc etc.

At least he replied tbf but makes no difference in the slightest to my stance. They voted to end the league and his comments when they shut us down during training leave a bad taste

Edited by 1971fozzy

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• colinmaroon

• i8hibsh

• 1971fozzy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Interviews with the likes of MacKinnon (as I posted above) set the tone for the whole episode. His and Morton’s stance was very much look after ourselves. Only later, when it looked like reconstruction might also be of some benefit to them, did they put a little weight behind it.

I’m not necessarily blaming Morton for their stance. But the whole fear of clubs going under was generated by the SPFL to get the vote through. Clubs received their - in some cases - measly sums and guess what, that and a £50k grant from James Anderson has been enough to see them through, with not one club going out of business, aye right!!

Morton, like most clubs, were played by the SPFL. The government furlough scheme is what has saved most clubs. MacKinnon even says in the interview that it might have taken several weeks for the SPFL to have brought another proposal to the table if the original one had been voted against. Strangely enough in that same several weeks the government announced support packages for businesses. Had the clubs pressed the pause button and engaged with government the whole shit show could have been avoided.

It is to late for MacKinnon et al to try to cosy up to the Hearts support. We have lost millions as a result of clubs being played by the SPFL and club owners and CEO’s panicking. Morton only did what was best for Morton. We need to do what’s best for Hearts. If I have £16 in my pocket I know where it is going and it won’t be Morton. Only Hearts. 

It's because of the many clubs like Morton who are not prepared to put any effort into checking or challenging what the SPFL leadership say that we are stuck with self serving clowns like Doncaster in charge.

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Interviews with the likes of MacKinnon (as I posted above) set the tone for the whole episode. His and Morton’s stance was very much look after ourselves. Only later, when it looked like reconstruction might also be of some benefit to them, did they put a little weight behind it.

I’m not necessarily blaming Morton for their stance. But the whole fear of clubs going under was generated by the SPFL to get the vote through. Clubs received their - in some cases - measly sums and guess what, that and a £50k grant from James Anderson has been enough to see them through, with not one club going out of business, aye right!!

Morton, like most clubs, were played by the SPFL. The government furlough scheme is what has saved most clubs. MacKinnon even says in the interview that it might have taken several weeks for the SPFL to have brought another proposal to the table if the original one had been voted against. Strangely enough in that same several weeks the government announced support packages for businesses. Had the clubs pressed the pause button and engaged with government the whole shit show could have been avoided.

It is to late for MacKinnon et al to try to cosy up to the Hearts support. We have lost millions as a result of clubs being played by the SPFL and club owners and CEO’s panicking. Morton only did what was best for Morton. We need to do what’s best for Hearts. If I have £16 in my pocket I know where it is going and it won’t be Morton. Only Hearts. 

Excellent summary!

2 hours ago, HoGwash said:

Where was his support when the original vote took place? I notice he didn't mention that.

He can ram it.

That still remains the key decision.

Morton voted to allow us to be demoted without compensation. Their vote could have prevented that. 

queensferryjambo
20 hours ago, Sarah O said:

It's decent if you can turn your computer on it's side...

Or alternatively just press 'ctrl, alt and an arrow key' and your screen will turn.

Sorry can't remember which arrow but there are only 4 choices :) 

2 hours ago, HoGwash said:

It's because of the many clubs like Morton who are not prepared to put any effort into checking or challenging what the SPFL leadership say that we are stuck with self serving clowns like Doncaster in charge.

And Hearts fans sticking the fingers up at the likes of Morton and the like by withholding our money - and even better giving it to Hearts - might just concentrate their minds in future. 

The decisions Doncaster and the “silent majority” of clubs took - as you say without a great deal of challenge - cost us hugely. It’s only right we repay them by not giving them a penny. Let’s see how long they stay silent about that.

This is first chance to make a statement this season.  Zero viewings from us would really stick it to them.  I bet they are fully expecting about 5000-10000 Jambos  at £14 or £16.  GTF

Niemi’s gloves

One aspect nobody seems to have mentioned. Game not to Dec 5th but putting out an “early bird” offer on 23 Nov. Somebody struggling to meet the end month wage bill?

Sent a wee email to big Dave myself. Do not expect a reply. He's probably got quite a few by now. Love the sentiment displayed here. Wish them nothing but pain. Looking forward to the Alloa stream boycott on Saturday too 😄 Only Hearts

19 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

One aspect nobody seems to have mentioned. Game not to Dec 5th but putting out an “early bird” offer on 23 Nov. Somebody struggling to meet the end month wage bill?

Smacks of desperation!    It's also a no from me, but thanks for the kind offer Morton.

On 23/11/2020 at 11:38, EH23-Jambo said:

https://www.gmfc.net/morton-v-hearts-live-stream-early-bird-special/

Greenock Morton FC wish to announce the ‘Early Bird’ special price of £14 to pay-per-view for the upcoming Live Match-Day Stream of the Scottish Championship game against Heart of Midlothian on Saturday, 5th December.

To take advantage of this offer you must purchase your ticket from tv.gmfc.net  before Tuesday 1st December. Thereafter, the price reverts to £16. This offer is available from Monday, 23rd November at 1pm GMT. 

Bollocks to Greenock Morton, I'd rather do a 4 hour overtime shift than pay them that.

Bazzas right boot

If they voted for reconstruction, how are they bad guys? 

I'm getting confused, can the bad guys not wear black outfits, have face tattoos and have a monobrow? 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm getting confused, can the bad guys not wear black outfits, have face tattoos and have a monobrow? 

They voted to demote us. I hope McKinnons next statement is the day after the game greeting about how no Hearts fans paid for the stream.

Decision time! Three choices!

1. I watch Hearts & pay £14

2. I watch Hearts & pay £16

3. I don’t watch Hearts ♥️ ♥️♥️

1 hour ago, TexasAndy said:

This is first chance to make a statement this season.  Zero viewings from us would really stick it to them.  I bet they are fully expecting about 5000-10000 Jambos  at £14 or £16.  GTF

They might get 5000-10000 viewings, just none will pay a penny.... 🤔

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

They voted to demote us. I hope McKinnons next statement is the day after the game greeting about how no Hearts fans paid for the stream.

Thought so, no debate then- **** nuggets. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
39 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's quite simple. Any of our opponents in this division except ICT = c u next Tuesdays

44 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Reconstruction was never on. Premiership clubs were never going to give up a home Old Firm game. 

Morton could have prevented us being demoted. But they voted to see Stranraer, Partick and Hearts 'relegated'. I know that the SPFL could have brought the proposal back. But we could at least have got compensation if Morton had stood up when it mattered. 

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

4. I watch Hearts but don't pay.

2 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Oh dear. I'll be watching while paying Hearts

3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

4. I watch Hearts but don't pay.

Dear Robbie - please pick team and tactics to get a win!!

7 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Perfect summary and 100% how I feel.

Geoff Kilpatrick
46 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Hearts TV international subscription

Not sure it will be on international for video but I'll quite happily accept audio only if that is the case. These arseholes are not receiving a penny from me.

50 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Hearts TV international subscription

I’m not sure I’d be comfortable with that (I’m in the UK not overseas)

1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I’m not sure I’d be comfortable with that (I’m in the UK not overseas)

vpn,

or try hesgoals , you never know

only hearts.jpg

1 minute ago, 22games nro said:

vpn,

or try hesgoals , you never know

only hearts.jpg

Wont be in hesgoal unless you give then the link to stream it 

8 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I have a friend who manages a club in the lower divisions and he is extremely frustrated that other teams used their James Anderson/Covid money for players whilst his did not. I can only assume many clubs used the gift money for other purposes.  It would be interesting to find out who used the money for what purpose.

2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Still no reply to my email...how rude

Or to me. Mind you, I did tell him to ram it up his...😳

luckyBatistuta
57 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Or to me. Mind you, I did tell him to ram it up his...😳

Funnily enough🤣

I think I read somewhere that Morton was one of the few teams to support Hearts in the summer. As for McKinnon, he is universally hated by Morton fans too. But then he’s an ex-Rangers player so you can’t really expect much from him. I don’t know if I’ll buy the stream or not, and everyone can decide for themselves whether to do so, but I think I’d rather pay £14 than risk infecting my PC with all the viruses on the free streaming sites.

2 minutes ago, Spinos said:

I think I read somewhere that Morton was one of the few teams to support Hearts in the summer. As for McKinnon, he is universally hated by Morton fans too. But then he’s an ex-Rangers player so you can’t really expect much from him. I don’t know if I’ll buy the stream or not, and everyone can decide for themselves whether to do so, but I think I’d rather pay £14 than risk infecting my PC with all the viruses on the free streaming sites.

Viruses are avoidable. 

So is funding the likes of Morton. 

gorgie rd eh11
2 minutes ago, Spinos said:

Aye right Dave.

No chance of me buying the stream.

41 minutes ago, Spinos said:

nice if you to start posting Mr McKinnon.......... 

0EF7916A-B9CB-497F-985A-F81477A877DC.jpeg

Reading the DR article and his email replies, he'd make a good politician. Thankfully most Hearts fans can see through his bullshit.

Wouldn't surprise me though if after the game Morton had a PR stunt thanking all the many Hearts fans for buying the stream, even though hardly any will.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 24/11/2020 at 03:31, Ethan Hunt said:

MacKinnon might be being just a wee bit selective in how supportive he/Morton were.  The silent majority were heard according to him.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dave-mackinnon-defends-spfl-move-21885881

Check the agenda of the Record. Such biased reporting:

Morton banked around £80k – not an earth-shattering amount but every little helps and they can at least start to plan for the future.

And he’s not praying!
57 minutes ago, Spinos said:

Never mind a pc virus, I’d sooner contract herpes than give Morton £14.

2 hours ago, Spinos said:

Morton belatedly backed reconstruction because it suited them.  14-14-14 would lessen the chance of them being relegated.

They voted with the SPFL when it counted.  So no, they can whistle in the wind.

On 24/11/2020 at 18:26, Mikey1874 said:

Reconstruction was never on. Premiership clubs were never going to give up a home Old Firm game. 

Morton could have prevented us being demoted. But they voted to see Stranraer, Partick and Hearts 'relegated'. I know that the SPFL could have brought the proposal back. But we could at least have got compensation if Morton had stood up when it mattered. 

hopefully they get SFA from the Hearts fans

Not a ****ing hope.  And in my view JKB shouldn't be giving it the oxygen of publicity.

Wasn't there talk here of boycotting shite like this and collecting money instead for donation to Hearts via FOH?

• davemclaren locked this topic