• colinmaroon

• i8hibsh

• 1971fozzy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Psychedelicropcircle

Unjumble this sentence GMFC off **** 👍

Edited by Psychedelicropcircle

Here’s the above article so that you don’t have to click air the sun. Fek him. Only Hearts

MORTON chief Dave MacKinnon has backed the Joint Response Group’s decision to call a halt to Hearts training restart – saying it gives them an unfair advantage.

The Tynecastle club had posted highlights of their first team stars returning to training as they prepared for BetFred Cup matches and the imminent Championship campaign, but they must now go back into cold storage until August 24 at the earliest.

The news was contained in a missive sent out from the JRG on Thursday in the wake of the Covid-19 rule breaches at Premiership sides Aberdeen and Celtic which almost led to a pause in the resumption of Scottish football.

The Jambos were further incensed when recently relegated Hull City were able to train at their Edinburgh training base – 24 hours after Hearts themselves were ordered to stop.

But Morton supremo MacKinnon feels the Gorgie club already have an advantage in the Championship this campaign and getting a head-start on training would have given them an ‘unfair advantage’.

He said: “I can understand Hearts’ perspective. From a player welfare point of view, if they have been training for two weeks and they have to stop for a week to 10 days, then they almost are starting again from scratch.

“Clubs look at the start date and then work out their pre-season back from there. It’s calculated to avoid players pulling up with injuries.

“But you can also see how it could be perceived as an unfair advantage if Hearts were given special dispensation to return earlier than the rest of the Championship clubs.

“We know why they were given dispensation; it was because they were appealing against the process that saw them relegated. I get that.

“But Hearts already have an advantage. They have a significantly higher budget than clubs like Morton.”

MacKinnon, though understanding, senses the league title would already be in Hearts’ hands if they were able to begin preparations early.

He continued: “If the Championship was a 100m race, Hearts would be on the starting blocks with 20m to go. It will be difficult enough for clubs to compete with them but if they have the advantage of being allowed to train weeks ahead of everyone else, we’d be as well giving them the title now.

“Everyone is supportive and understands the trials and tribulations Hearts have been through, we have great sympathy.

“But we need to make sure we all start with the same chance.”

That Morton arsehole was also one of the main ones (along with Dunfermline's bellend) who ganged up against ICT over the whatsapp/Dundee vote issue.

gmfc.net/contacts have just received the following from me

Dear Sir/Madam

I see you are offering an early bird discount for the forthcoming fixture between Morton and Hearts.

On the back of this: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5932967/hearts-unfair-advantage-morton-mackinnon/amp/   I'd just like to inform you that I will not be taking up the early bird discount but will be committing the full £16 to Foundation of Hearts.

Regards,

Boof

I'll let you know of any response :D 

As a by the way, I have an acquaintance who IS a Morton fan who signed up for their first PayTV match.

An utter shambles beyond description - £10 and he saw nowt. :lol: 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Boof said:

Dear Sir/Madam

I see you are offering an early bird discount for the forthcoming fixture between Morton and Hearts.

On the back of this: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5932967/hearts-unfair-advantage-morton-mackinnon/amp/   I'd just like to inform you that I will not be taking up the early bird discount but will be committing the full £16 to Foundation of Hearts.

Regards,

Boof

Fantastic 👍🏽👏🏾

7 minutes ago, Boof said:

Dear Sir/Madam

Regards,

Boof

👍👏

10 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

From one of their articles...

email our Chief Executive, David MacKinnon, at [email protected]  

😁

sent an email to him thanking him for persuading me to put an additional £16 into FOH 👍

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, My half sister said:

Anyone who is tempted should click on the Hearts shop link below instead and spend their money wisely. Buy some Christmas presents

Welcome to Heart of Midlothian (heartsdirect.co.uk)

Anyone bought the polo shirts either type with the leather badge?

Only small and medium, how, eh medium is the medium. I can be anything from a medium to a Xl on clothes.

10 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

sent an email to him thanking him for persuading me to put an additional £16 into FOH 👍

👍🤭

41 minutes ago, Boof said:

Dear Sir/Madam

Regards,

Boof

Well played sir.

47 minutes ago, Boof said:

Dear Sir/Madam

Regards,

Boof

Me, too

Just had a wee look on their fans forum, 

they just don’t get it do they , anybody even thinking about paying for this. Read below , then tell me you are happy to pay these ****ers a single penny.

On 11/5/2020 at 6:25 PM,  Toby said: 

Should charge £18 for the Hearts game at Cappielow with a special offer of the Queen of the South game a fortnight later for a tenner if you buy the Hearts game.

Excellent way for Morton fans to pay the going rate whilst fleecing the *******s for the maroon pound.

But what about the Maroon boycott? Lol

There's probably some rule preventing that from happening directly, but I'm sure each purchase of a stream for the Hearts games could come with an online numbered voucher that could be redeemed against a future home game (apart from when Hearts are at Cappielow again later in the season).  That way Hearts fans buying our stream would also have the right to the discount although they probably wouldn't want to use it (but if they did, it's extra income for Morton anyway). No discrimination against away fans there as everyone gets the same deal

F47F3CFD-62E3-468C-8811-105EEB2C94F7.jpeg

SectionDJambo

If crowds were allowed into the grounds, there would be a genuine quandary about whether to go to support the team at the cost of giving Morton money. At least fans would have the experience of the match day to enjoy.

There is no sense in paying Morton to watch online. We can’t support the team and would be giving Morton some of the cash they planned on getting by shafting us.

The pandemic has come back to bite clubs like Morton, in that their income is being hit hard, just as they planned for us.

For us, it should be harder to sign up for this coverage by Morton than to either keep our money or give something to FOH.

Greenock Morton are just another one of those Celtic minded diddy wee clubs like St.Mirren.  They should be punted into the West of Scotland league and play the likes of Auchinleck Talbot.  The fact that this will be the first time we play them for an astonishing 33 years is quite telling.  They haven't been in the top flight for a generation and clearly have zero ambition in doing so going by the way they voted during the summer.  Hopefully no Hearts supporters give those filthy tramps any cash.

2 hours ago, Boof said:

Dear Sir/Madam

Regards,

Boof

Excellent mate

2 hours ago, Boof said:

As a by the way, I have an acquaintance who IS a Morton fan who signed up for their first PayTV match.

An utter shambles beyond description - £10 and he saw nowt. :lol: 

I'll have one thing in common with your friend, I'll also be seeing nowt as I wont be paying 

17 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Greenock Morton are just another one of those Celtic minded diddy wee clubs like St.Mirren.  They should be punted into the West of Scotland league and play the likes of Auchinleck Talbot.  The fact that this will be the first time we play them for an astonishing 33 years is quite telling.  They haven't been in the top flight for a generation and clearly have zero ambition in doing so going by the way they voted during the summer.  Hopefully no Hearts supporters give those filthy tramps any cash.

Wow, didn’t realise it was that long. They were decent when Andy Ritchie played for them. 😎

Dagger Is Back
11 hours ago, EH23-Jambo said:

https://www.gmfc.net/morton-v-hearts-live-stream-early-bird-special/

Greenock Morton FC wish to announce the ‘Early Bird’ special price of £14 to pay-per-view for the upcoming Live Match-Day Stream of the Scottish Championship game against Heart of Midlothian on Saturday, 5th December.

To take advantage of this offer you must purchase your ticket from tv.gmfc.net  before Tuesday 1st December. Thereafter, the price reverts to £16. This offer is available from Monday, 23rd November at 1pm GMT. 

Personally they can go and kiss my ring piece.  Early Bird Special! Rats

Dagger Is Back
2 hours ago, Boof said:

Dear Sir/Madam

Regards,

Boof

Quality

Emailed McKinnon and congratulated him on every thousand pounds loss he has earned because of his big mouth.

Also said I have never seen him in the media complaining about the unfair advantage the Old Firm have over the rest of Scottish Football, especially Celtic.

Hypocrite and coward.

9 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Emailed McKinnon and congratulated him on every thousand pounds loss he has earned because of his big mouth.

Also said I have never seen him in the media complaining about the unfair advantage the Old Firm have over the rest of Scottish Football, especially Celtic.

Hypocrite and coward.

Think he will have a few emails  in the morning waiting on him lol...

Morton - through MacKinnon - had plenty to say during the ending of the season/bent Dundee vote/kid on reconstruction talks/corruption. Every action they took had an adverse reaction for Hearts.

No Hearts supporter should give Morton a single penny. Let them suffer like we have.

48 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Morton - through MacKinnon - had plenty to say during the ending of the season/bent Dundee vote/kid on reconstruction talks/corruption. Every action they took had an adverse reaction for Hearts.

No Hearts supporter should give Morton a single penny. Let them suffer like we have.

Rec'd a reply also:

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the email.

Greenock Morton voted for the Hearts motion for reconstruction and indeed we worked closely with Ann Budge to try and make it happen, to reach a position which wouldn’t disadvantage any team.

In respect of “unfair advantage” this has been taken out of context.

You of course have a choice and I respect that, but from the start we supported Hearts position.

Best wishes for the season

David

David Mackinnon

Something doesn't compute.

3 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Rec'd a reply also:

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the email.

Greenock Morton voted for the Hearts motion for reconstruction and indeed we worked closely with Ann Budge to try and make it happen, to reach a position which wouldn’t disadvantage any team.

You of course have a choice and I respect that, but from the start we supported Hearts position.

David

David Mackinnon

At least he replied. 😎

11 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Rec'd a reply also:

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the email.

David

David Mackinnon

MacKinnon might be being just a wee bit selective in how supportive he/Morton were.  The silent majority were heard according to him.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dave-mackinnon-defends-spfl-move-21885881

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

At least he replied. 😎

How things have changed since Dominic Cummings got the boot.

24 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Rec'd a reply also:

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the email.

David

David Mackinnon

Where was his support when the original vote took place? I notice he didn't mention that.

He can ram it.

20 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

Where was his support when the original vote took place? I notice he didn't mention that.

He can ram it.

Interviews with the likes of MacKinnon (as I posted above) set the tone for the whole episode. His and Morton’s stance was very much look after ourselves. Only later, when it looked like reconstruction might also be of some benefit to them, did they put a little weight behind it.

I’m not necessarily blaming Morton for their stance. But the whole fear of clubs going under was generated by the SPFL to get the vote through. Clubs received their - in some cases - measly sums and guess what, that and a £50k grant from James Anderson has been enough to see them through, with not one club going out of business, aye right!!

Morton, like most clubs, were played by the SPFL. The government furlough scheme is what has saved most clubs. MacKinnon even says in the interview that it might have taken several weeks for the SPFL to have brought another proposal to the table if the original one had been voted against. Strangely enough in that same several weeks the government announced support packages for businesses. Had the clubs pressed the pause button and engaged with government the whole shit show could have been avoided.

It is to late for MacKinnon et al to try to cosy up to the Hearts support. We have lost millions as a result of clubs being played by the SPFL and club owners and CEO’s panicking. Morton only did what was best for Morton. We need to do what’s best for Hearts. If I have £16 in my pocket I know where it is going and it won’t be Morton. Only Hearts. 

• davemclaren locked this topic