Souttar

kingantti1874

Suspect he’ll get a run out at the end of the season if we win the league with a couple to spare.  

I’m really keen to see what difference having a great keeper behind him will make.  I’m hoping he finally finds his potential. It’s bad enough that he’s had 4/5 serious injuries to contend with, without then coming back most of the time to a diddy in the sticks.  His best period for us imo was when McGlaughlin was here, so the correlation is quite strong.  

Heart of Darkness
1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Can I ask why you don’t want to see Souttar this season? 

Don't want to rush him I suspect! 👍

Heart of Darkness
1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

That would be fair enough.

👍

If DH is thinking the same as me it would be about missing this season completely and slowly building up his strength so he can do a proper pre-season and hit the ground running next season. 🙏

1 minute ago, Heart of Darkness said:

👍

If DH is thinking the same as me it would be about missing this season completely and slowly building up his strength so he can do a proper pre-season and hit the ground running next season. 🙏

I suspect that’s the reason. Look what happened to PH when we tried to rush him back by playing him through injury. 18 months out the game. By the same token, the same could be said for Christophe Berra. JS should only come back when when fit and ready and preferably with a pre season training under his belt. 

Pasquale for King
56 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Suspect he’ll get a run out at the end of the season if we win the league with a couple to spare.  

I’m really keen to see what difference having a great keeper behind him will make.  I’m hoping he finally finds his potential. It’s bad enough that he’s had 4/5 serious injuries to contend with, without then coming back most of the time to a diddy in the sticks.  His best period for us imo was when McGlaughlin was here, so the correlation is quite strong.  

The statistic that sticks in my head from that season is that McLaughlin faced and saved more shots than any other keeper in the league,Souttar also had Berra at his best beside him. 
Let’s just hope he can get back to full fitness and playing games. 

jack D and coke

If he misses an entire season he’ll be well off the pace by the time next season comes around surely? Not better to get him back playing against so called weaker sides?

Hes never really realised the potential and I suspect it’s behind him now, just too many injuries. 

I think we would do well to plan without him, history shows his body won't allow him to play any amount of games...we need to ID at least one 1st choice CH for our return to top flight....

The White Cockade
15 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Let’s be honest, he’s finished. 

Hopefully as finished as people said Haring was

Hoping to see Haring back to his best in the New Year and Souttar next season 

Fingers crossed

Edited by The White Cockade

It will be difficult coming back from 3 ruptured Achilles operations.

I’ll be surprised if we see him in the starting line up this season.

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

If he misses an entire season he’ll be well off the pace by the time next season comes around surely? Not better to get him back playing against so called weaker sides?

Hes never really realised the potential and I suspect it’s behind him now, just too many injuries. 

Haring was out longer and has strolled most games he’s been back....even without a proper pre season.

I wouldn't be pinning my hopes on him coming back and being the same player to be honest, he's had one injury after enough. 

If he does, it will be a bonus. 

Салатные палочки
2 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Sadly looks that way. 

Can see the lad retiring in the next three years tbh, not often a player has so many long term injuries under their belt at his age

2 hours ago, Irufushi said:

What's the point of such speculation? You can't possibly know that.

Get behind the lad, that's what supporters do. He's shown great resilience and perseverance coming back from several injuries. 

Heart of Darkness
5 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I suspect that’s the reason. Look what happened to PH when we tried to rush him back by playing him through injury. 18 months out the game. By the same token, the same could be said for Christophe Berra. JS should only come back when when fit and ready and preferably with a pre season training under his belt. 

Yup!!

The coaches should look at the past players that we have hurried back and in the end been out longer than if we had just waited another 5 or 6 weeks.  🤔

Probably the most talented footballer at the club and destined for  a much higher level absent injury, I would have thought. So similar to Levein.  I hope he does come back successfully and commit himself to the club long term because it is going to be very difficult to see him going any higher now, but he can still be a brilliant player for us.

Just forget about Souttar. There’s a very good chance he’s done. Even if he’s not he won’t contribute to this season.  

And even when He comes back I wouldn’t expect particularly strong performances for the first couple of months he’s back. 

14 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Is that opinion masquerading as truth again?  Of course it is.

What you should have said is,

"IMO . . ."

Let's be really honest, you don't know.

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Is that opinion masquerading as truth again?  Of course it is.

What you should have said is,

"IMO . . ."

Let's be really honest, you don't know.

Finished. 

Rupturing both Achilles. Even the doctors said it was like being struck by lightning in terms of the risk of that happening to the same person.

I’m still hopeful he will get back and put it behind him. Hopefully, it is just a case of sheer bad luck and we cannot just rush him back. 

wrap him in cotton wool for this season. Don’t risk any chance of a relapse. Give him some games off the bench and ease him back in gently. Not right writing him off now and if he gets over these injuries, there is most definitely a place for him in the team

I've got faith that Souttar will fully recover from this injury. However, he shouldn't be rushed back under any circumstances. He should be watched carefully and regular checkups should be undertaken to ensure there's nothing untoward. 

Regardless of his fitness though, we're still going to need two quality first choice Centerhalfs in the summer. 

Fat Ronaldo played with plastic knees, hyper-thyroid syndrome and still managed to play at the top level for Real Madrid and Brazil. 

I'm sure with the advancement in medical and sports science since then that John Souttar will get his injury sorted. 

18 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Haring was out longer and has strolled most games he’s been back....even without a proper pre season.

Haring's had one bad injury in 2013 and one that took a long time to fully diagnose. You really can't compare that to someone who has missed a third of his career so far through multiple injuries, 9 different injures have seen Souttar miss 5 or more games. Add that to this being Souttars 4th achilles injury and it's not looking great for him in all honesty.

9 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Finished. 

The one outlier is that he didn't have access to the physio that he needed as part of his rehab due to Covid.  Hoping that might get him back and whilst it doesn't look great, sure we'd all like a fit Soutar back in the team.  Would represent an upgrade on what we currently have (imo).

tartofmidlothian
On 22/11/2020 at 13:31, kila said:

Is he still into football or too busy with the various conspiracy theories about CV19, 5G etc. 

He's not, is he?

I don't even think about him as a Hearts player anymore. Just another 'what could've been' from our conveyor belt of crocks.

Between the Woman's Guild in the office recruiting and dishing out the t's and c's on their contracts,, Dougie Howser MD and Doctor Nick Riveira in the medical room, 5 Moray House placement students doing the sport science and Hoddit and Doddit as groundskeeers doing their weekly bob a job our players truly are ****ed.

been here before
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I don't even think about him as a Hearts player anymore. Just another 'what could've been' from our conveyor belt of crocks.

Between the Woman's Guild in the office recruiting and dishing out the t's and c's on their contracts,, Dougie Howser MD and Doctor Nick Riveira in the medical room, 5 Moray House placement students doing the sport science and Hoddit and Doddit as groundskeeers doing their weekly bob a job our players truly are ****ed.

And no-one thinks of you as a Hearts supporter anymore.

Ying and Yang.

8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

😂😂

I’m not a fan of the female recruitment department, are they savvy enough to deal with the dodgy agents and greedy footballers. Watch out, the PC Brigade will be along shortly with cries of chauvinist.

Bet he could play with two ruptured achilies and a blind fold, and still be our best centre half.

”He’s finished” - absolute nonsense.

14 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I've got faith that Souttar will fully recover from this injury. However, he shouldn't be rushed back under any circumstances. He should be watched carefully and regular checkups should be undertaken to ensure there's nothing untoward. 

Regardless of his fitness though, we're still going to need two quality first choice Centerhalfs in the summer. 

100% agree with this. I think Souttar should be viewed as a long term player for us, he's unlikely to play at a higher level due to injury, but he's an absolute rolls royce of a player for our level. Should be taking every single precaution necessary to mitigate his risk of injury. Constant monitoring of his training etc. to make sure the chance of reoccurrence is as low as possible.