Name a worse midfield duo...

Gibbster

...than Olly Lee and Andy Halliday

Both are slower than a week in Saughton and care less about The Hearts than I do about hibs!

Malinga the Swinga

Just when everyone laughing at Hibs doing what Hibs do, up pops someone starting yet another thread slagging off our own players. Almost as if someone trying to deflect their own embarrassment. Enjoy watching us in cup final. 

1 minute ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Halliday and Irving 

slower than 2 weeks in Saughton.

Irving is better than Lee. Get much more involved. Lee goes missing for large parts of the game.

4 minutes ago, Gibbster said:

...than Olly Lee and Andy Halliday

Both are slower than a week in Saughton and care less about The Hearts than I do about hibs!

Loads worse

Not the problem last night either. 

But bash on. Gives you something slagging Hearts. 

5 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Irving is better than Lee. Get much more involved. Lee goes missing for large parts of the game.

Irving managed 2 out of 6 successful passes and halted our momentum completely. 

Maybe being a late sub under pressure doesn't suit him. 

5 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I watched Andy Irving come on last night and the first thing he did was pass it straight out the park. For a midfield player in a division that’s a poor standard and even in the cup games he has never stood out. I think he can be a good player but he has certainly not shown it enough. 
if he can’t get a start in our midfield this season then he won’t make it at Hearts.

15 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Irving is better than Lee, Lee is not as bad as you suggest, and Lee is better than  Halliday who's pretty mince imo.

Edited by upgotheheads

Lee scores and assists, He's not Toni Kroos but he's ok.

Halliday didn't kick a ball for months and has been chucked in the deep end. 

Last night was pish but this thread is proper shite patter.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Irving managed 2 out of 6 successful passes and halted our momentum completely. 

Maybe being a late sub under pressure doesn't suit him. 

Irving, who i think Is decent and has potential gets a largley free pass on here. 

Lee has contributed more so far and benefits from a Haring or Haliday type alongside him. 

Wouldn’t we better with a everybody is shite mega thread after every defeat ? Saves going through the whole squad and starting a thread about everyone connected with the club. 

Last night was shite, we move on. We were never going to win every game this season but the players will know they can afford to stroll about. 

19 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Irving is better than Lee, Lee is not as bad as you suggest, and Lee is better than  Halliday who's pretty mince imo.

Lee goes missing for large parts of the game, and is terrible at defending. He was to blame for the opening goal and possibly the second.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Wouldn’t we better with a everybody is shite mega thread after every defeat ? Saves going through the whole squad and starting a thread about everyone connected with the club. 

Last night was shite, we move on. We were never going to win every game this season but the players will know they can afford to stroll about. 

"every body is shite" mega thread. 

That's the best post on here atm. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

"every body is shite" mega thread. 

That's the best post on here atm. 

It would be the only thread.

6 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Lee goes missing for large parts of the game, and is terrible at defending. He was to blame for the opening goal and possibly the second.

Honestly can barely remember the lead up to the first goal, why was Lee to blame? 

25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Irving, who i think Is decent and has potential gets a largley free pass on here. 

Lee has contributed more so far and benefits from a Haring or Haliday type alongside him. 

Spot on👍🏻

It was a game made for Moore's tenacity to match some of the work done in the opposition midfield.  Horses for courses, Robbie! 

Irving is sadly slow. And very slow. I am not sure how he can be best employed.

Has McGill got a burst in him because he could have been an option last night. 

12 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

Honestly can barely remember the lead up to the first goal, why was Lee to blame? 

SN made some half arsed challenge, just left it to move back up field. That is where it started. 

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

SN made some half arsed challenge, just left it to move back up field. That is where it started. 

I'll need to watch it back, I didn't think it was Lee's fault when I saw it last night. Just a deflection. 

Just now, fast_blood said:

I'll need to watch it back, I didn't think it was Lee's fault when I saw it last night. Just a deflection. 

Boy is allowed to drift across 18 yard box and no one takes step out to make a challenge. He moves quicker with the ball than our covering players which is a worry

Not defending Lee everyone was poor last night. But how was he to blame for the second? 

25 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

It was a throw in to them, it got half cleared, they picked up the second ball on our left, ran about 5 yards and hit it, deflection - goal. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

It was a throw in to them, it got half cleared, they picked up the second ball on our left, ran about 5 yards and hit it, deflection - goal. 

So in your opinion was Lee the main man to blame? 

12 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

It wasn't even half arsed. 

It was non existent. 

He just stood there and done f all. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

So in your opinion was Lee the main man to blame? 

Can't see how, but too many times they picked up the second ball, especially in that 15 minute spell. 

Lee and Smith were our best players imo. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Can't see how, but too many times the picked up the second ball, especially in that 15 minute spell. 

Lee and Smith were our best players imo. 

Cheers. I agree with the last sentence. I thought Robbie should have taken Halliday off instead of Lee however I understand his thinking to a certain degree. 

1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

It wasn't even half arsed. 

It was non existent. 

He just stood there and done f all. 

SN is tip toeing his way after a absence. This can't continue for any length of time. If he cannot provide the levels of tenacity needed at this level (every game a cup final) then the boss has a reckon to make

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

SN is tip toeing his way after a absence. This can't continue for any length of time. If he cannot provide the levels of tenacity needed at this level (every game a cup final) then the boss has a reckon to make

Decision to make.....

Bazzas right boot
38 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

It would be the only thread.

Would keep all the snotters and tears contained to one slaver fest of a thread, rather than it effecting other threads faster than covid infects ministers at a tory cabinet meeting. 

been here before

Lee is far superior to Lee but then he's a different type of player, far more composed, doesnt seem to go missing gor long periods and isnt blowing out his arse after 60 mins.

1 hour ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Lee scores and assists...

Full house in Olly Lee bingo.

7 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

This is very true. Naismith was good in the semi when he came in but has made very little contribution in any other game. Last night’s pass to Roberts when he should have gone himself suggest he’s not confident in outrunning someone even when he has a start. If he thinks he’ll be getting into the Scotland squad on this season’s form he’ll soon have another think coming.

18 minutes ago, S Form said:

This is very true. Naismith was good in the semi when he came in but has made very little contribution in any other game. Last night’s pass to Roberts when he should have gone himself suggest he’s not confident in outrunning someone even when he has a start. If he thinks he’ll be getting into the Scotland squad on this season’s form he’ll soon have another think coming.

Last night was not a game to get further up to speed. Tues, yes, but not Friday.

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, been here before said:

Lee is far superior to Lee but then he's a different type of player, far more composed, doesnt seem to go missing gor long periods and isnt blowing out his arse after 60 mins.

Full house in Olly Lee bingo.

Nah, I think Lee is better than Lee. 

He does assist, ask Wighton and Hibs 👍

1 hour ago, waterboy11 said:

Not defending Lee everyone was poor last night. But how was he to blame for the second? 

The man he was supposed to be marking got a free header and scored.

been here before
2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

The man he was supposed to be marking got a free header and scored.

Yet another 'assist' for Olly Lee.

6 minutes ago, been here before said:

Yet another 'assist' for Olly Lee.

It’s the ‘stat’ that means the most these days, don’t you know?  🤷🏿‍♂️

In reality, it means next to nothing, but the experts, the pundits and the budding football managers all know of it’s importance.

One day, I hope they make a ‘docu’ or a ‘docco’ about it.

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Perry Kitchen and 95% of the midfielders in the Budge era. 

Guess you watched the game as it was free on BBC Scotland. After all, you refuse to contribute towards Hearts financially in any way or form.