Irving

Chaps

alwaysthereinspirit
3 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

Never wasted a pass all afternoon.....Excellent performance.....MoM

Not true on the wasted pass bit.

He’s got a nice touch. Definitely a gifted left foot. Once he realizes not every pass needs to be a defense splitter he could be an excellent player.

First half he was decent.

Second half he was very good.

Just needs a long run of games along with consistency.

Depending on the difference between how much his agent thinks he’s worth and how much his agent wants will determine how the contract talks go.

Hoping he signs.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• JamboAl

• buzzbomb

• jr ewing

Delighted for you Andy certainly proving a lot of people wrong 😉, keep doing the right things, good players don't have to do there shouting, about what they can do on a park if they have got the class, they will have others doing it for them 😊

And you certainly have a few teams shouting about you, after watching you today. 

8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Delighted for you Andy certainly proving a lot of people wrong 😉, keep doing the right things, good players don't have to do there shouting, about what they can do on a park if they have got the class, they will have others doing it for them 😊

And you certainly have a few teams shouting about you, after watching you today. 

You sound like you are desperate for him to walk away for nothing at the end of the season. Are you sure you are a Hearts fan? 

42 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Not true on the wasted pass bit.

He’s got a nice touch. Definitely a gifted left foot. Once he realizes not every pass needs to be a defense splitter he could be an excellent player.

First half he was decent.

Second half he was very good.

Just needs a long run of games along with consistency.

Depending on the difference between how much his agent thinks he’s worth and how much his agent wants will determine how the contract talks go.

Hoping he signs.

Not all his passes are defence-splitters. Often, he plays safe. But he's always looking to carve open an opportunity.  Something we've lacked. We must hold on to him.

Diadora Van Basten
2 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Bologna might fancy another Hearts signing. 

I always thought he was the better of him and Hickey.

I have a feeling he will be dropped for Haring next week.

33 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You sound like you are desperate for him to walk away for nothing at the end of the season. Are you sure you are a Hearts fan? 

Aye its my fault, we can't see the potential in young players and can't tie them down to contracts, and receive fees for our academy players.

I hope the lad gets what he's worth and that's the bread he deserves it, some of the pish we have paid to players that have hardly kicked a ball for our club. 

But we can't invest significantly, for a player that in return may get us a decent fee. 

How many other players has this happened with?. 

Desperate for him to go absolutely not, I want my club to realise that he's worth something, so give him a good deal. 

27 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

At least we get 100% of the fee. 

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, 4marsbars said:

Not all his passes are defence-splitters. Often, he plays safe. But he's always looking to carve open an opportunity.  Something we've lacked. We must hold on to him.

Holding on to him is most certainly important but we can’t be held to ransom.

Hearts can’t afford huge wages but maybe 5 years with a good raise every year could swing it. 5 years from now he can re-evaluate. He’s still a kid. Hopefully he has a long career ahead of him.

1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Interestingly, two of our centre mids are predominantly left footed (Irving and Halliday) and the other two predominantly right footed so I reckon it will be one left and one right next week (Haring and Irving for me). 

bigsuperslim1874
22 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Holding on to him is most certainly important but we can’t be held to ransom.

Hearts can’t afford huge wages but maybe 5 years with a good raise every year could swing it. 5 years from now he can re-evaluate. He’s still a kid. Hopefully he has a long career ahead of him.

The fact he is a Jambo certainly helps things a bit. I’d be surprised if we can’t get him to sign on again on decent terms. I think he will be a great player so hope we can get it sorted.

alwaysthereinspirit
14 minutes ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

The fact he is a Jambo certainly helps things a bit. I’d be surprised if we can’t get him to sign on again on decent terms. I think he will be a great player so hope we can get it sorted.

👍🏻Hopefully you’re right.

8 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Hearts and Robbie Neilson have NOT spoken to Irving about a new contract.

Enjoy him while we can. 

Who's his agent then?

On 09/12/2020 at 06:29, ToqueJambo said:

We'll find out when there is a bidding war between Bayern, Celtic and Bologna for Irving I suppose. I think Irving is terrific but he's done nothing to prove he can play at the level Hickey is now playing at. Hickey had proven that with us within fewer games than Irving has had. He didn't suddenly turn into a better player at Bologna - he already was that player. Not knocking Irving as he's my favourite player in the squad right now, I hope he's first choice alongside Haring and we have him for a very long time. 

Funnily enough Bayern contacted his agents whilst watching hickey. Went slightly further than that, but not as far as a bid. Almost though I’m led to believe.

19 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aye its my fault, we can't see the potential in young players and can't tie them down to contracts, and receive fees for our academy players.

I hope the lad gets what he's worth and that's the bread he deserves it, some of the pish we have paid to players that have hardly kicked a ball for our club. 

But we can't invest significantly, for a player that in return may get us a decent fee. 

How many other players has this happened with?. 

Desperate for him to go absolutely not, I want my club to realise that he's worth something, so give him a good deal. 

Irving got a 2 year extension 1 year ago . He has stepped up since then and Hearts want to extend his deal . Not formally done but , obviously , preliminary conversations have taken place . I'm assuming RN wouldn't go public , telling lies , about this

16 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Enjoy him while we can. 

Bullshit.

Yet more of it from yourself.

Ainsley Harriott
16 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Enjoy him while we can. 

Hahaha how could you possibly know that? And if in the highly unlikely event you were close to the club or the individual theres no way you would come on here to tell the gibbering masses.

Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

Hahaha how could you possibly know that? And if in the highly unlikely event you were close to the club or the individual theres no way you would come on here to tell the gibbering masses.

Leave him be. 

If the lead up to the semi is anything to go by, he’s got a week of bumming up Celtic to come.

:boak:

People need to remember what is said in the press isn’t necessarily accurate or let’s say twisted. Did Robbie actually say we are starting contract talks. I think he was asked about a contract and he said something along the lines that he’s one we want to keep. He didn’t actually say we have contacted his agents etc and are/have started talks. The press headlines were all contract talks boost etc tho

If he wants to stay great. But I wouldn’t be breaking the bank to keep him. If he doesn’t it’s no big deal. He was excellent yesterday and good last week. Most other games he has played he has been average and is still not a regular in the team. I would like to see a lot more consistent performances before flinging money at him. 

You're left wondering if there was s particular window open to the club to have secured this kid for longer. Now,  he will have more options. New two year deal is about the best Hearts can hope for, I'd think. 

22 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

No idea how he knows but he is correct. Doesn’t mean the club won’t offer him a deal or he won’t sign one. Think things will work themselves out. 

Irving is a young player I really like but we've been in the situation plenty of times previously where we've rewarded a few good games with a long term deal and then the player's motivation seems to disappear. Got to keep them hungry and ambitious - not like these kids have mortgages and 2.4 kids...

1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

Enjoy him while we can. 

Possibly not yet but they will. He has tremendous potential and is a proper Hearts man. Hopefully we have learned lessons from the Paterson situation.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Billy Hoyle said:

If he wants to stay great. But I wouldn’t be breaking the bank to keep him. If he doesn’t it’s no big deal. He was excellent yesterday and good last week. Most other games he has played he has been average and is still not a regular in the team. I would like to see a lot more consistent performances before flinging money at him. 

Thought we were talking about Ginelly so had to edit my response sharpish.. 

as for Irving.. kind of agree.. thought the potential is enormous 

Edited by kingantti1874

1 hour ago, Billy Hoyle said:

He's no flash in the pan, he's been playing these passes since he came back from Falkirk, he's just getting older and more mature.

33 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

Possibly not yet but they will. He has tremendous potential and is a proper Hearts man. Hopefully we have learned lessons from the Paterson situation.

I can't onderstand fans who write this sort of thing.  Paterson did not want to extend his contract and there's nothing we could have done to make him.  Same with Hickey.  That will apply to Irving as well or any other young player who feels the grass is greener elsewhere.

45 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Irving is a young player I really like but we've been in the situation plenty of times previously where we've rewarded a few good games with a long term deal and then the player's motivation seems to disappear. Got to keep them hungry and ambitious - not like these kids have mortgages and 2.4 kids...

We will need to give Irving the going rate or he will look elsewhere.  More of a long term investment than anything else. 

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I can't onderstand fans who write this sort of thing.  Paterson did not want to extend his contract and there's nothing we could have done to make him.  Same with Hickey.  That will apply to Irving as well or any other young player who feels the grass is greener elsewhere.

He signed a three year contract the year we went down then went on to be our most valuable player that season.  It should have been priority to sign him up as soon as we secured promotion but the club waited another year. 

Worthing Jambo
9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Offer them some decent money?

3 minutes ago, Worthing Jambo said:

What’s annoying is that we have a lazy useless Frenchman sat in a nice house somewhere in Edinburgh taking decent money that could get used elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

What’s annoying is that we have a lazy useless Frenchman sat in a nice house somewhere in Edinburgh taking decent money that could get used elsewhere. 

It's been the case for years now.  Imagine we offered Cpatz the Sammon or Martin money the first year we came up. 

1 minute ago, Worthing Jambo said:

I'm sure HMFC will have thought of that: depends what you mean by "decent".  That will vary from player to player and sometimes

a) money is not everything to some players

b) there is a limit to what we can afford

12 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

We will need to give Irving the going rate or he will look elsewhere.  More of a long term investment than anything else. 

It’s not just about money. Opportunity, development, ambition, what gives him the best chance to actually make a career. He’s not big time enough to think he’s anywhere ‘made it’. Humble lad who loves football first and foremost.

Just now, buzzbomb said:

It’s not just about money. Opportunity, development, ambition, what gives him the best chance to actually make a career. He’s not big time enough to think he’s anywhere ‘made it’. Humble lad who loves football first and foremost.

That should hopefully stand us in good stead in terms of him signing a new contract then you would think. 

8 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

It's been the case for years now.  Imagine we offered Cpatz the Sammon or Martin money the first year we came up. 

Or Oshinawa. 

5 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

That should hopefully stand us in good stead in terms of him signing a new contract then you would think. 

It won’t just be about money. Opportunity, belief in him, but also Scottish football maybe not best suited to him. Let’s be honest, midfield in Scotland is about aggression, second balls, headers. Not exact his forte.

Belief in him will be reflected by what Robbie says in to him in terms of his position in the squad, length of contract and the money. 

Worthing Jambo
11 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It seems so short sighted.

Bring a kid through the system and expect them to accept peanuts, while some no mark comes in on an inflated salary.

It is something that happens in general industry too.

Why not reward what you have nurtured?

No inside information to suggest this is the case mind!

Worthing Jambo
14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I'm sure HMFC will have thought of that: depends what you mean by "decent".  That will vary from player to player and sometimes

a) money is not everything to some players

b) there is a limit to what we can afford

Do you mean, what we can get away with?

alwaysthereinspirit
38 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

There’s no such thing as “the going rate”

2 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

There’s no such thing as “the going rate”

Yes there is, in comparison with other midfielders in the squad would be a start.  Followed by potential value in the future.  We haven't done so since Andy Driver or Craig Gordon.

LarrysRightFoot

Said it before, he definitely had a bit of the Steve Fulton about him. I think he could play with more urgency and get more goals - hopefully that comes though.

Can’t see him starting next week. From left to right midfield I think it’ll be - White, Halliday, Haring and Lee with Naismith as a 10 in front of them.