Did Budge roll the dice too soon ?

pointon

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

2nd place was just papering over the cracks. :sadrobbo:

It was really, we had 3 honking draws in a row if my memory isn't failing, Robbie had a fair well game against Rangers where the players upped their game, which put us into 2nd place, the league was poor at the time and would we have finished 2nd? doubt it. 

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• davemclaren

• Riccarton3

• Ethan Hunt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Francis Albert
5 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Stendhal got a couple of results against big teams but was hopeless against teams we expected to beat.  Which is the last thing we need this season.

Also, how tiresome is that after one defeat we see threads like this one.  Predictable but frustrating none the less.  

We had been hopeless against teams we expected to beat for nearly two seasons before Stendhal arrived. His predecessor however still survived on the payroll beyond Stendhal's departure.

Also it is not just one defeat that people are concerned about but a majority of very disapponting performances against teams we rightly expected to beat - fairly comfortably.

Edited by Francis Albert

21 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

2nd place just papered over the cracks, it was hardly burley like. The league was weak at the time and the football was terrible, much like it is again now. 

Are you still here? I’ve got to hand it to you mate. You’re a hobo but you’re persistence is admirable! 

2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Are you still here? I’ve got to hand it to you mate. You’re a hobo but you’re persistence is admirable! 

Cool story mr 874 posts. Cos i don't think Neilson is very good, I'm a hobo? 

Stendel was pish.

Too many excuses are being made for him. He is partly responsible for us being bottom. His tactics were absolutely bat shit mental and he failed miserably against the dross. The game we were 2-0 down at home to Hamilton could’ve ended up worse then the Livi fiasco if their boy hadn’t been sent off. And it was 100% down to his awful tactics. Taught a lesson by Brian f****** Rice!

5 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Cool story mr 874 posts. Cos i don't think Neilson is very good, I'm a hobo? 

Among other things aye. 

Remind us of what you think of Jack Ross again? Go on, that was a great read!

10 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

It was really, we had 3 honking draws in a row if my memory isn't failing, Robbie had a fair well game against Rangers where the players upped their game, which put us into 2nd place, the league was poor at the time and would we have finished 2nd? doubt it. 

This whole thread is all ifs and buts. 😄 It was the points that Robbie won that just kept us in the top six. I reckon we could have finished second at best and fourth at worst if he had stayed  😎

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

Stendel was pish.

Too many excuses are being made for him. He is partly responsible for us being bottom. His tactics were absolutely bat shit mental and he failed miserably against the dross. The game we were 2-0 down at home to Hamilton could’ve ended up worse then the Livi fiasco if their boy hadn’t been sent off. And it was 100% down to his awful tactics. Taught a lesson by Brian f****** Rice!

You sound a bit wacky, but i'll humour you,

Robbie Neilson just got taught a lesson by his old assistant manager that is in charge of a championship team with the financial clout of a tramp. 

4 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

You sound a bit wacky, but i'll humour you,

Robbie Neilson just got taught a lesson by his old assistant manager that is in charge of a championship team with the financial clout of a tramp. 

I never said anything about Neilson you weirdo. This is a Stendel thread. 

But if we’re talking about other managers you can answer my question. Jack Ross eh? Quality manager. Should never have let him go 😂

Just now, DS98 said:

I never said anything about Neilson you weirdo. This is a Stendel thread. 

But if we’re talking about other managers you can answer my question. Jack Ross eh? Quality manager. Should never have let him go 😂

I'll stand by my thoughts that we should have kept him on at the time, not any worse than Neilson in my opinion, and he was already on the books. 

But hey, he either questioned Levein or he did something he shouldn't have. Who knows. 

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

As i said, best time ever to get Celtic in a cup final, they're struggling, and it's easy to get up for one game. 

Definitely.
Sorry I meant a thread with a poll asking if folk would take a cup win over going up this season. May well have already been asked come to think of it. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I'll stand by my thoughts that we should have kept him on at the time, not any worse than Neilson in my opinion, and he was already on the books. 

But hey, he either questioned Levein or he did something he shouldn't have. Who knows. 

Yeah he did someone he shouldn’t have, like Stubbs . . . . Allegedly. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah he did someone he shouldn’t have, like Stubbs . . . . Allegedly. 

Then i would question why he was interviewed for the Hearts job when Levein left...

Absolutely mental, yet again. 

I find it hard to trust anything going on at Hearts. 

loveofthegame

Stendel was a failure. He didn’t get us out of the position we were in, not even the new manager bump, and his signings were hopeless. There was little to nothing to suggest he was going to get us out of the mess levein left us in.

Dare I say it that if he was called Daniel Stevens from Scotland with the same record he’d have been spoken about in a very different way...

2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Can't 

Spot on, the thing with Stendel is, if he had been given the 2.5yrs levein got, imagine what we could've been. 

Managers need trust and time just look at Rangers? You know what the problem is even when we were bottom of the league, the media and other teams couldn't stand that hearts had to be the potential, of being the best possession based team in the league and best at pressing, they label us big hard physical turgid hearts, the guy was trying to implement a way of playing that is modern, and personally speaking is the way forward in how football is played today. 

Are we really going to sit there and say his two wins against the huns and his skelping against hibs was just a fluke. 

Judged against all other results during his time with us I’d have to say they did look like flukes. Not one of them was expected. 

17 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Stendel was a failure. He didn’t get us out of the position we were in, not even the new manager bump, and his signings were hopeless. There was little to nothing to suggest he was going to get us out of the mess levein left us in.

Dare I say it that if he was called Daniel Stevens from Scotland with the same record he’d have been spoken about in a very different way...

I keep hearing this but he got 6 months? Levein got 6 years and there was still people backing him.

The word of the day is, MENTAL

48 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

This whole thread is all ifs and buts. 😄 It was the points that Robbie won that just kept us in the top six. I reckon we could have finished second at best and fourth at worst if he had stayed  😎

This whole thread is a lot of pish.

Fair enough we haven't been playing well and we have lost 1 game but win on Tuesday we are 1 point off top and in a cup final.

People having a go at Robbie after 1 defeat 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

Fair enough we haven't been playing well and we have lost 1 game but win on Tuesday we are 1 point off top and in a cup final.

Bigger picture mate, bigger picture. 

loveofthegame
29 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I keep hearing this but he got 6 months? Levein got 6 years and there was still people backing him.

In a perfect world he’d have got longer but he got more than long enough to lift us a bit above the diddy teams around us. He failed to do that and therefore his time, limited tho it was, must be regarded as a complete failure. 

And he’s not praying!
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

2nd place was just papering over the cracks. :sadrobbo:

Some people have lost all sense of reality.

Heads gone all over the shop. :rofl:

Just now, loveofthegame said:

In a perfect world he’d have got longer but he got more than long enough to lift us a bit above the diddy teams around us. He failed to do that and therefore his time, limited tho it was, must be regarded as a complete failure. 

Fair point. Bring back Paulo Sergio. 

loveofthegame
Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

Fair point. Bring back Paulo Sergio. 

Haha. I’m content with Robbie for now but things need to drastically improve from Friday.... I’m sure they will..

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Ah, the classic double bluff.

Francis Albert
38 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

He didn't get 6 months. He got about 3 months including the winter break.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

2nd place just papered over the cracks, it was hardly burley like. The league was weak at the time and the football was terrible, much like it is again now. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂 

it’s not going to be burley like EVER again.. because  players of that quality can earn 20,30,40k per week .. and if we happen to find one we will lose him ****ing instantly.

for **** sake.. what planet are you living on.

if it’s burley level stuff you are looking for, do yourself a favour and pick a different team.. save yourself a lot of angst.. 😂

1 hour ago, loveofthegame said:

Lets not forget how long he persisted with the hologram in goals.  Every shot on target against us was in.

The first thing a manager must see is a failing goalkeeper.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

He didn't get 6 months. He got about 3 months including the winter break.

Bugger all time to do anything that, but i do take the point the new manager lift wasn't there, his idea's were completely different to anything our shitty players have experienced and it showed. We should have brought in an experienced manager that knew the scottish game on a short term contract. Budge shat her pants and went all mental. 

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Lets not forget how long he persisted with the hologram in goals.  Every shot on target against us was in.

He must have been made to play him surely, contractually wise like.

4 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Budge shat her pants and went all mental. 

How disrespectful, she wears bloomers.

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂 

it’s not going to be burley like EVER again.. because  players of that quality can earn 20,30,40k per week .. and if we happen to find one we will lose him ****ing instantly.

for **** sake.. what planet are you living on.

if it’s burley level stuff you are looking for, do yourself a favour and pick a different team.. save yourself a lot of angst.. 😂

I agree, which is why we need to get a decent scouting network set up and not have that utterly useless Murray boy hanging about. 

The Academy too, "Craig is doing a great job with the academy"

My arse. 

Fair well?

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Fair well?

You're scrabbled oot yer nuts mate, and know nothing about football, you should apply for a job on the Hearts board. 

You're scrabbled oot yer nuts mate, and know nothing about football, you should apply for a job on the Hearts board. 

What, in God's good name, are you raving on about now?

Just now, Morgan said:

I felt sorry for you and your shit contribution to the thread, thought i'd give you something to talk about. 

Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

I felt sorry for you and your shit contribution to the thread, thought i'd give you something to talk about. 

Spacey?

Learn English.

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

He’s telling you that you’re scrabbled out of your nuts, I thought it was fairly straightforward.

8 minutes ago, smiler said:

He’s telling you that you’re scrabbled out of your nuts, I thought it was fairly straightforward.

This ^

😂😂😂

part_time_jambo

Irrespective of whatever else Neilson achieved last time, he was always going to be judged on losing a 2-0 lead to Hibs in the Scottish Cup. This time round he has beat Hibs in the Scottish Cup. It’s only fair that he is also judged on that until other results deem otherwise, and that means more than just one defeat, disappointing though it was.

Pasquale for King

Then i would question why he was interviewed for the Hearts job when Levein left...

Absolutely mental, yet again. 

I find it hard to trust anything going on at Hearts. 

Indeed, it seems Budge wasn’t the one that wanted rid of him. He would’ve got the job when Neilson left if he’d hung around, he was next in line. If as it seems it was Levein that wanted rid of him then we can add hypocrite to the rest of his other character traits. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Madjambo21 said:

To be precise 4 points off top with a game in hand. It’s the poor performances that have eventually lead to the defeat that’s the real worry. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed, it seems Budge wasn’t the one that wanted rid of him. He would’ve got the job when Neilson left if he’d hung around, he was next in line. If as it seems it was Levein that wanted rid of him then we can add hypocrite to the rest of his other character traits. 

Be careful though, or you'll be called a hobo for thinking that jack ross would have done a job for us and saved us a fortune at the time. 

As long as the money keeps coming in for the FOH though, who cares, right? Robbie's the man. 

Be careful though, or you'll be called a hobo for thinking that jack ross would have done a job for us and saved us a fortune at the time. 

As long as the money keeps coming in for the FOH though, who cares, right? Robbie's the man. 

He might have and he might not have. We should have made Jock Wallace manager as well, perhaps. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

He might have and he might not have. We should have made Jock Wallace manager as well, perhaps. 

Not really wanting to start a big massive argument, but can you imagine where we'd be right now without the fans diverting their wages into FOH? How good a job would Ann and Levein have done without that? 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I didn’t say that hahahahaha, but he probably would’ve. He’s just a bog standard manager like McInnes/Neilson/Lennon/Wright/Robinson/Levein/Clarke etc who all play the same turgid football. One of the reasons Scottish football has stagnated for decades. 

11 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Not really wanting to start a big massive argument, but can you imagine where we'd be right now without the fans diverting their wages into FOH? How good a job would Ann and Levein have done without that? 

Ann and Craig would never have rocked up and we likely would have been liquidated without that. Not sure what your point is though. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Ann and Craig would never have rocked up and we likely would have been liquidated without that. Not sure what your point is though. 

So Ann and Craig only rocked up because they knew the fans were ploughing money in? you could actually be right there. 

My point is, they're happy to waste money on shite players because it's not theirs to waste. 

So Ann and Craig only rocked up because they knew the fans were ploughing money in? you could actually be right there. 

My point is, they're happy to waste money on shite players because it's not theirs to waste. 

I doubt they intentionally wasted money. The counterpoint is that if Ann hadn’t rocked up then FoH would have had to find several million pounds upfront from somewhere else. 

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

This is bang on. To continue with that clown was suicide. We were bad enough without persisting with the hologram. Man down and the rest whenever he played. Opposition must have been licking their lips at the news he was in goal. 
stendells biggest mistake and it cost us big time

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Daniel never got a chance going to ask you to watch something think you will find it very unique, dunno if you watched the documentary episode 2 the transfer window, we're Ann budge says to Daniel are you happy with the window we've had then, knowing the camera is On him and recording look at his face expressions, and come back to me and tell me what you think 🤔.

Yeah that moment was pretty excruciating tbh. 

jack D and coke
30 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I didn’t say that hahahahaha, but he probably would’ve. He’s just a bog standard manager like McInnes/Neilson/Lennon/Wright/Robinson/Levein/Clarke etc who all play the same turgid football. One of the reasons Scottish football has stagnated for decades. 

And one of the reasons I really hoped we’d kept Stendel on. A chance at something different. 
We’ve won 8 out of 9 but we’ve been howling in most of the games. 
I don’t really care in all honesty atm I just want out of this division by whatever means necessary.

But back in the top flight watching this crap again? I hope not.