Did Budge roll the dice too soon ?

pointon

4 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

May have been mentioned if so didn't see it!

The fans have 'paid' for the club technically!

Why was the new manager appointment not undertaken by the 'agreed process' post Ann rather than by Ann? It is really no longer within her sole control.....is it?

I know we will never ever be fully informed, but we as fan/owners should be aware of the process/ decisions with clarity as far as possible..........No?

Other thing no one mentions, if the league was called today..........we'd fail!!!

We should be ensuring we are not at risk and the players should absolutely be aware of that!

I imagine the agreed process is board approval, regardless of the majority owner. 

Your last point is one we need to be aware of. 

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• davemclaren

• Riccarton3

• Ethan Hunt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Fair enough. It would be interesting to know if Neilson is, at maximum, on half of what Stendel was on money wise. Surely they couldn’t offer him more.

I am not a AB detractor, far from it, but she has made some horrendous decisions and she should quite rightly be put under scrutiny for those.

Sorry bud I didn’t mean you personally as a detractor. She has her critics and rightly so given some of the decisions made over the years. Hopefully the new guy from the SFA should be taking some of burden away from her now. 

Yes it would be interesting to see what package was offered. Definitely more than Dundee Utd were paying anyway 

Weakened Offender
16 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

I think he could see the longer term difficulties that United face. They really are on shaky ground.

Hopefully that ground shakes from underneath them and swallows them up soon. 😊

1 minute ago, Weakened Offender said:

Hopefully that ground shakes from underneath them and swallows them up soon. 😊

There's every chance of it going by the fears of a lot of their fans, from what I hear.

15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I imagine the agreed process is board approval, regardless of the majority owner. 

Your last point is one we need to be aware of. 

Just feel bypassed as a group, not an individual obviously! I didn't see hear anything different!

Bad enough an ex-wife took me for granted!!!

8 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Just feel bypassed as a group, not an individual obviously! I didn't see hear anything different!

Bad enough an ex-wife took me for granted!!!

😄

On 21/11/2020 at 15:09, pointon said:

Big question is would Stendel have signed better and disposed of more imposter 

No chance. Another Cathro basically 

The players were signed for Stendel at Barnsley, The board had this money ball statto way of signing players, apparently. 

He also admitted that he wasn't use to having to do his own scouting when he came to Hearts, it was one job too much for him, perhaps. 

Coming in to turn Levein's shit show around in a couple of months with the budget already spent and none of his own staff in, obviously didn't help. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

1 hour ago, Jambo61 said:

May have been mentioned if so didn't see it!

The fans have 'paid' for the club technically!

Why was the new manager appointment not undertaken by the 'agreed process' post Ann rather than by Ann? It is really no longer within her sole control.....is it?

I know we will never ever be fully informed, but we as fan/owners should be aware of the process/ decisions with clarity as far as possible..........No?

Other thing no one mentions, if the league was called today..........we'd fail!!!

We should be ensuring we are not at risk and the players should absolutely be aware of that!

Think there’s two FoH guys on the board so they had their inputs and supported the appointment. Close to the post Ann process tbh. 
No-one in their right mind believes a league will be called after 4/5 games. Needs to get to 18 games as a minimum before it could be called. 

4 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

The players were signed for Stendel at Barnsley, The board had this money ball statto way of signing players, apparently. 

He also admitted that he wasn't used to having to do his own scouting when he came to Hearts, it was one job too much for him, perhaps. 

Certainly his lack of experience in the transfer market was very clear to see in the very poor quality of his signings. 

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Think there’s two FoH guys on the board so they had their inputs and supported the appointment. Close to the post Ann process tbh. 
No-one in their right mind believes a league will be called after 4/5 games. Needs to get to 18 games as a minimum before it could be called. 

Last year folk would have denied the league could be called too!

The point is not how many games, but ensuring it doesn't matter surely!

Right now that shower of charlatans look slow, unfit and seem not to care too much!

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Certainly his lack of experience in the transfer market was very clear to see in the very poor quality of his signings. 

To be fair to him, he did say that he basically had to settle for 3rd choice players because he couldn't get deals over the line, 

Probably because he didn't have a lot of money to play with. 

2 hours ago, And he’s not praying! said:

And with that, any tiny shred of credibility you had left is no more.

Pathetic.

Away and rim Daniel Stendel on the forum of the club he’s now in charge of, whoever the hell that is.

Daniel Stendel played a huge part in us being demoted. FACT.

Thankfully we have someone in charge now who will be able to sort out the mess he inherited.

Daniel never got a chance going to ask you to watch something think you will find it very unique, dunno if you watched the documentary episode 2 the transfer window, we're Ann budge says to Daniel are you happy with the window we've had then, knowing the camera is On him and recording look at his face expressions, and come back to me and tell me what you think 🤔.

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Bow out now. 🤣

Sorry dave Robbie is a Scottish cup winner at Hearts do i respect him for that absolutely, thankyou for the memories, but if you can't see with the performance against dunfermline, that he isn't the guy to take this club back to were it should be then, unfortunately mate that's on you, and no matter what he does he will always be remembered as the guy, that handed hibs the cup, similar to how we remind hibs who put the ball in the hibbes net, and you that famous day in May when we beat them. 

39 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Stendal identified the types of players he wanted to play his type of football.

The biggest issues 

1. We had zero money for players. Any money we had in January was through being able to get players out the door. The fact that CL had blown the budget in summer on new signings and contract extensions was not DS fault.

2. It’s clear from the documentary that there were players he wanted but we were unable to get them over the line for whatever reason.

3. January is always a notoriously difficult window to recruit in and when you’re languishing at the bottom of the table to try and make you an attractive prospect for someone to come to the club is again difficult.

4. He made 4 signings. Boyce is one that was one that the fans knew and believed would help. Sibbick looked decent business. The games he was involved in he looked good then got injured. Langer was clearly a last minute signing in a position he believed he needed to strengthen. I very much doubt he was first choice but again January is difficult to recruit in. Donis was a gamble on a 6 months deal that he knew from his time in Germany and to be fair his form in Germany was way in excess of anything we could ever hope to have in the squad. After he left Germany he lost his way. If the gamble had paid off people would have been calling it a master stroke. The same way Pallardo and Zeefuik were gambles which did pay off.

However are we saying that the signings of Frear, Halliday and Popescu are any better than those brought in by Stendal.

Ive already said that I don’t believe DS was the right man for this season but IMO he’s getting a hard time on here based on signings in a difficult window while we were bottom of the league. 

7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sorry dave Robbie is a Scottish cup winner at Hearts do i respect him for that absolutely, thankyou for the memories, but if you can't see with the performance against dunfermline, that he isn't the guy to take this club back to were it should be then, unfortunately mate that's on you, and no matter what he does he will always be remembered as the guy, that handed hibs the cup, similar to how we remind hibs who put the ball in the hibbes net, and you that famous day in May when we beat them. 

That’s because we beat them in the final so they basically did hand us the cup. I wouldn’t say the same of any team in the earlier rounds. Just me I suppose. 

Robbie’s job is to get us up in one season and he’ll rightly be judged on that. 

Can't 

1 minute ago, merseyjambo said:

Stendal identified the types of players he wanted to play his type of football.

The biggest issues 

1. We had zero money for players. Any money we had in January was through being able to get players out the door. The fact that CL had blown the budget in summer on new signings and contract extensions was not DS fault.

2. It’s clear from the documentary that there were players he wanted but we were unable to get them over the line for whatever reason.

3. January is always a notoriously difficult window to recruit in and when you’re languishing at the bottom of the table to try and make you an attractive prospect for someone to come to the club is again difficult.

4. He made 4 signings. Boyce is one that was one that the fans knew and believed would help. Sibbick looked decent business. The games he was involved in he looked good then got injured. Langer was clearly a last minute signing in a position he believed he needed to strengthen. I very much doubt he was first choice but again January is difficult to recruit in. Donis was a gamble on a 6 months deal that he knew from his time in Germany and to be fair his form in Germany was way in excess of anything we could ever hope to have in the squad. After he left Germany he lost his way. If the gamble had paid off people would have been calling it a master stroke. The same way Pallardo and Zeefuik were gambles which did pay off.

However are we saying that the signings of Frear, Halliday and Popescu are any better than those brought in by Stendal.

Ive already said that I don’t believe DS was the right man for this season but IMO he’s getting a hard time on here based on signings in a difficult window while we were bottom of the league. 

Spot on, the thing with Stendel is, if he had been given the 2.5yrs levein got, imagine what we could've been. 

Managers need trust and time just look at Rangers? You know what the problem is even when we were bottom of the league, the media and other teams couldn't stand that hearts had to be the potential, of being the best possession based team in the league and best at pressing, they label us big hard physical turgid hearts, the guy was trying to implement a way of playing that is modern, and personally speaking is the way forward in how football is played today. 

Are we really going to sit there and say his two wins against the huns and his skelping against hibs was just a fluke. 

Brighton Jambo
3 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I’m not sure I 100% understand what you mean by that.

If you think the defeat against Dunfermline in any way shaped my argument you’re wrong. The performance was much the same as we’ve been watching, the result was just different, which just made watching it all the shittier.

IMO we’ve taken a backward step with Neilson, if it wasn’t to be Stendel I would have preferred we had went through the process again to see who was available. As someone posted earlier it is a lazy appointment. We’ve seen this movie before, I didn’t like a lot of it.

Who could possibly be better qualified to guide us out of the Championship than Robbie Neilson, seriously who?

The last thing we need is an appointment that is a bit of a gamble, who doesn’t know the championship etc.  We needed to appoint the right man for the current circumstances and that’s exactly what we have done.  There is almost literally no one better qualified.  

1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

It's difficult for me to believe that Boyce was a Stendel signing with the strong N.Ireland connection we had at the time. 

Played against his Barnsley side mate and scored against them, when they sold top goalscorer kieffer Moore, Stendel put Boyce to the Barnsley board as a replacement, unfortunately he was to old and didn't fit there transfer policy 👍 they work on signing young players with potential and sell them on policy. 

18Jambo_dave74

I would say in her time involved with the club her biggest mistakes have been not acting quickly enough with managerial decisions. 

Stendel comes across as a very nice guy but he was yet another manager that underperformed. 

5 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

It's difficult for me to believe that Boyce was a Stendel signing with the strong N.Ireland connection we had at the time. 

Boyce played in England where Stendel managed. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That’s because we beat them in the final so they basically did hand us the cup. I wouldn’t say the same of any team in the earlier rounds. Just me I suppose. 

Robbie’s job is to get us up in one season and he’ll rightly be judged on that. 

No, it's it just you. Any alternative view is bore of an incurable perversion worthy of the worst Hubs troll still suffering from being papped oot the cup 😭

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Can't 

Spot on, the thing with Stendel is, if he had been given the 2.5yrs levein got, imagine what we could've been. 

Managers need trust and time just look at Rangers? You know what the problem is even when we were bottom of the league, the media and other teams couldn't stand that hearts had to be the potential, of being the best possession based team in the league and best at pressing, they label us big hard physical turgid hearts, the guy was trying to implement a way of playing that is modern, and personally speaking is the way forward in how football is played today. 

Are we really going to sit there and say his two wins against the huns and his skelping against hibs was just a fluke. 

Levein had all the time in the world, wasted a shit load of money, in a act of desperation he spends the last of it before he leaves. 

Stendel gets 6 months with a paper bag full of coppers and andy kirk as his right hand man, and now he's the new cathro haha. 

7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Can't 

Look at Rangers ? What sort of set up needs 30m of director loans to get through next season? I think Gerro could hardly fail. Take a break.

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Boyce played in England where Stendel managed. 

Yeah, i know that, but he was also a player that Craig Levein had previously tried to sign, we had Macphee signing as many N.ireland players as he could, etc. 

Anyway, no point going on about. 

14 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Who could possibly be better qualified to guide us out of the Championship than Robbie Neilson, seriously who?

The last thing we need is an appointment that is a bit of a gamble, who doesn’t know the championship etc.  We needed to appoint the right man for the current circumstances and that’s exactly what we have done.  There is almost literally no one better qualified.  

This!.

Look at Gerrard everyone. Tons of cash. Not a trophy, one LC final. There's the standard according to some. 

Robbie, hang you head , son.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Just a spark missing. 

What ignites, excites, motivates this group I don't know. 

Something that just all feels too comfortable for them. 

Hearts will win this shitshow easily, but its not really been any easier a watch to this point 

12 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Yeah, i know that, but he was also a player that Craig Levein had previously tried to sign, we had Macphee signing as many N.ireland players as he could, etc. 

Anyway, no point going on about. 

Agreed. 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Just a spark missing. 

What ignites, excites, motivates this group I don't know. 

Something that just all feels too comfortable for them. 

Hearts will win this shitshow easily, but its not really been any easier a watch to this point 

Call me pragmatic but I was quite enjoying it up until Friday night. A win on Tuesday puts us into second place and a point behind the Brazilians of Dunfermline. 

When Neilson pissed the championship the last time, it was a team effort with Craig Levein and money to spend ( do you really think Robbie signed prince buaben and gomis?)

He failed at MK Dons when he didn't have any help. 

When he got Dundee Utd promoted he had Shankland and outspent the rest of the league (you're seeing that now with Dundee utd looking like they're going to the wall) 

I'm sorry, but Neilson isn't as good as a lot of people think. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

And he’s not praying!

If only Stendel hadn’t taken us to the bottom of the league he might have gotten his 2.5 years.

If his short time at Hearts was an audition he failed miserably.

Too many mistakes to list and the disastrous appointment of him has cost the club millions.

Astonishing to read how he’s held in such high regard by some. 

Sacked by Barnsley and took us to the foot of the table. 

He’ll be lucky to work again.

And he’s not praying!
2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

When Neilson pissed the championship the last time, it was a team effort with Craig Levein and money to spend ( do you really think Robbie signed prince buaben and gomis?)

When he got Dundee Utd promoted he had Shankland and outspent the rest of the league (you're seeing that now with Dundee utd looking like they're going to the wall) 

Maybe not. But when he left us we were 2nd in the Premiership.

That pisses all over anything that we’ve had since then.

4 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

He's the manager in the Scottish  championship club. I really don't think people are expecting Sir Alex Ferguson

15 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

He's the manager in the Scottish  championship club. I really don't think people are expecting Sir Alex Ferguson

All i'm saying is, it wouldn't surprise me if he wins us the cup and doesn't get us promoted. 

4 hours ago, And he’s not praying! said:

Paisley in March.

Depressing.

Team from that day, not one Stendel signing. Langer the only one, on the bench, the rest injured. Case in point, give the man the same tools that Neilson Cathro And Levein got 👍🏻 

F79EFC39-681C-4FC3-9753-9CA5379E08EA.png

Lord Beni of Gorgie
29 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Call me pragmatic but I was quite enjoying it up until Friday night. A win on Tuesday puts us into second place and a point behind the Brazilians of Dunfermline. 

Pragmatic is quite a good word for it. Lacking a bit of zip and dominance for me. Would like to see us get tore in, however I think the current approach will still comfortably be successful despite Friday's bloody nose

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Team from that day, not one Stendel signing. Langer the only one, on the bench, the rest injured. Case in point, give the man the same tools that Neilson Cathro And Levein got 👍🏻 

F79EFC39-681C-4FC3-9753-9CA5379E08EA.png

Paisley,  was the 4th game in 10 days,  3 of which played in poor weather. 

I know why its been a focal point, the 3 games in the 10 days before definitely showed improvement in both players and coaches 

35 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

Maybe not. But when he left us we were 2nd in the Premiership.

That pisses all over anything that we’ve had since then.

2nd place just papered over the cracks, it was hardly burley like. The league was weak at the time and the football was terrible, much like it is again now. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Levein had all the time in the world, wasted a shit load of money, in a act of desperation he spends the last of it before he leaves. 

Stendel gets 6 months with a paper bag full of coppers and andy kirk as his right hand man, and now he's the new cathro haha. 

It was only three months really, maybe 18 games with all the already mentioned problems. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Paisley,  was the 4th game in 10 days,  3 of which played in poor weather. 

I know why its been a focal point, the 3 games in the 10 days before definitely showed improvement in both players and coaches 

Absolutely, you could see the unfit team were leggy against Motherwell and gone by the St Mirren game. 

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

All i'm saying is, it wouldn't surprise me if he wins us the cup and doesn't get us promoted. 

That’s a thread on its own, maybe the chance for a poll 🤷🏾‍♂️😆?

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

That’s a thread on its own, maybe the chance for a poll 🤷🏾‍♂️😆?

As i said, best time ever to get Celtic in a cup final, they're struggling, and it's easy to get up for one game. 

Glamorgan Jambo

The biggest disappointment to me about Ann was that she had  no plan/person place ready to go after she launched Levein. It had been coming for weeks and weeks and I was totally underwhelmed by the time given to MacPhee and the delay in bringing in Stendel.

Daniel may have sorted us out but he made some bizarre decisions which contributed to the lack of improvement in league position. Giving him the gig for what is a shortened championship season with little margin for errors like Friday night's result would have been a massive risk.

One thing he did corectly identify was the lack of pace across the team thus the decent amount of game time given to Moore and Henderson (neither of whom is a world beater). Neilson needs to cotton on to this and take corrective action asap.

15 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

2nd place just papered over the cracks, it was hardly burley like. The league was weak at the time and the football was terrible, much like it is again now. 

2nd place was just papering over the cracks. :sadrobbo: