Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• davemclaren

• Riccarton3

• Ethan Hunt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Салатные палочки

We would have been just as awful with Stendel in charge if that's what you mean.

Just now, Salad Fingers said:

We would have been just as awful with Stendel in charge if that's what you mean.

It would appear the squad is the problem 

Салатные палочки
Just now, pointon said:

It would appear the squad is the problem 

Alex Ferguson would struggle to get that bunch of chicken hearts playing good football. We are just a terrible football team and the narrow wins (bar Dundee) have papered over the cracks. I didn't want Stendal in charge in the Championship as I think his style of football would have suited it. 

But we don't have any style anyway. 

Hearts lose one match and we want the manager gone. Typical mentality of some supporters.

Many of us wanted Stendel to get a chance, many were happy for Robbie to get the job. As much as I hoped Stendel worked out, we'll sadly never really know if it would've. Neilson has a task to get us promoted, and we've lost 1 of our first 4 matches. It's hardly panic stations is it?

2 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Alex Ferguson would struggle to get that bunch of chicken hearts playing good football. We are just a terrible football team and the narrow wins (bar Dundee) have papered over the cracks. I didn't want Stendal in charge in the Championship as I think his style of football would have suited it. 

But we don't have any style anyway. 

It's funny because even that Dundee game, 6-2 flattered us. It was just one of those nights where everything worked out. A penalty, a free kick, 2 long range efforts. Our most convincing win by far, but Dundee could've really put us under more pressure.

Салатные палочки
1 minute ago, pointon said:

Big question is would Stendel have signed better and disposed of more imposter 

No

1 minute ago, pointon said:

What does it really matter? We lost last night, accept it and look forward to our next game. Budge doesn't need more daggers in the back than she already has, and there's nothing to be achieved by us debating whether we should've replaced our old coach 4 months ago.

Apart from the Hibs/Rangers games we were appalling under Stendal. Really don’t get the glamour him.

We were joint bottom when he took over and ended up 4 points adrift pre COVID.

Budge done the right thing in getting rid.

Bazzas right boot

Aye, good shout-she should have kept Craig on as manager, would never have ended up bottom.

:leveinproblem:

Bazzas right boot
50 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

We failed to address the main main problems. No pace and no energy in that midfield. Just to slow and ponderous .  

Robbie has done really well to win 8/9 and progress us in the cups then.

Just think what he'll manage when Covid is away and we're promoted and he has a normal transfer window, I reckon he'll get us in about 3rd...…..

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Did Stendel want to stay?

On record saying so. Personally think Robbie was a safer option though and still do. Still think we'll win the league. 

Салатные палочки
29 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Maybe get Stendel in as a forward.

FTFY

Yes, in my opinion she panicked and went for ‘safe’.  I honestly believe Hearts under Stendel with his own team and a pre season (of sorts) behind him, would’ve been a different animal. For me it’s another Burley moment. 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Yes, in my opinion she panicked and went for ‘safe’.  I honestly believe Hearts under Stendel with his own team and a pre season (of sorts) behind him, would’ve been a different animal. For me it’s another Burley moment. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Bit of a leap, there. Merely on the wages, just for starters

1 hour ago, pointon said:

I doubt he would have signed Frear and Roberts. He was unlucky with Sibbick, he looked half decent but his other signings were pretty gash. So hard to say.

For now, RN is the right guy. Whether he is in the long run remains to be seen. 

The squad available is pretty honking and I can't say his signings so far are anything other than short term stop gaps. 

21 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

“another Burley moment”

:lol: 

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Another Burley moment? 

Put the glue down.

only thing that I cant understand is why lewis moore is not giving a chance as he came on leaps and bounds under stendal as did some others not now at the club.

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

We failed to address the main main problems. No pace and no energy in that midfield. Just to slow and ponderous .  

This, and it isn't a new thing either. One game in isolation isn't the end of the world but for me the scary thing is that nothing's changed from last season. We have no cutting edge and haven't had for a while.

I'm in no doubt that Stendel would have cleared out more of the shite. But with corona, I'm not sure massive changes were practical.

I don't understand why Wighton gets played out wide. Moore and Henderson ended last season making an impression. Both are faster and more direct than Wighton and that's all Neilson has spoken about wanting from his wide men.

Wighton is probably better than Boyce up top with the system we play. He runs the channels, drags defenders and plays on the shoulder pretty well.

Neilson deserves all the bashing he gets for that and subbing Lee instead of Halliday.

Standard tedious thread after a loss. Yes we underperformed and should be beating Dunfermline, but we have won every other game so far this season, including against Hibs. No need for this kind of kneejerk reaction.

Edited by Jambos_1874

I don't think so.I actually think the biggest problem is this is an even bigger build than last time in the Championship.Before we had a young hungry side and were able to add players that would make us compete with Hibs and Rangers and then ultimately better them.This squad is old and shot to bits we still looked scared to try anything and we didn't have the budget like last stint in Championship to bring improvements needed.Bottom line bar 4 or 5 player we are not a good side.But let's not get to down on things I'm pissed after last night but hopefully we now kick on from here.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
11 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Standard tedious thread after a loss. Yes we underperformed and should be beating Dunfermline, but we have won every other game so far this season, including against Hibs. No need for this kind of kneejerk reaction.

I’m all for sticking with Neilson because he’ll get us up (I mean if he doesn’t, it’s career over for him) but look at the level we’re at. Our club is a joke

2 hours ago, pointon said:

Daniel Stendel and his back room team ?

The guy who persisted with Pereira, one of the worst keepers in our history?

That Stendel?

He had his chance, we dropped from 11th to 12th on his watch.

Seems like a nice guy, but he can have no complaints.

The squad is good enough, more than good enough.  The problem is that they spent the whole pre season preparing for a cup semi final and don’t seem to have a game plan for playing championship sides. 

Would DS have been a good manager for us with his own squad and a full pre season behind him. Yes. The younger players in particular bought into what he was doing. Would he have been the right person for this season. I don’t think so. 

The appointment of RN lacked imagination. DUFC might have won the league at a canter but they had a striker who was head and shoulders above anyone in that division which helped their cause enormously. His signings for this season have been for the most part pretty mediocre and it goes back to the last time he was here looking at guys like the 2 lads from Dutch football, Sammon and Oshinawa. His signings then were more miss than hit. Ozturk had his bombscare moments but FML Popescu is way worse. Frear is woeful. Roberts is another Mulraney. Halliday. Why. Pre season he spoke about attacking with pace but it seems the only one capable of doing that is Ginnelly. He’s shoehorning in players instead of playing players to fit in system. We all know that Boyce can score goals, but I’m concerned he’s going to be another John Sutton. Will score goals anywhere he goes except with us.

Last nights result has been coming. Woeful performances against Arbroath, Cowdenbeath, East Fife were warnings. 

After CL I’d always pushed that we should have gone after Michael Flynn at Newport and nothing will change that opinion. 

The strength of squad should about see us through in this division especially once teams like Dunfermline start getting injuries but whether RN is the man to take us forward after the summer, that’s another matter altogether as this summer will be massive in terms of a rebuild and whether he is good enough to do that, I’m not convinced 

3 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

The guy who persisted with Pereira, one of the worst keepers in our history?

That Stendel?

He had his chance, we dropped from 11th to 12th on his watch.

Seems like a nice guy, but he can have no complaints.

Huddersfield seem to be doing the same.  Don’t play him costs him an other player in January or whatever so we keep him in.  I’ve no doubt he would have wanted his own goalie in also.  Gordon.  We would have stayed up and he would have built.  Instead he must have gambled on him being not utter shite because he was recommended by Levein.

1 hour ago, Chaps said:

Apart from the Hibs/Rangers games we were appalling under Stendal. Really don’t get the glamour him.

We were joint bottom when he took over and ended up 4 points adrift pre COVID.

Budge done the right thing in getting rid.

agree with this. 

Neilson got us promoted by a huge margin, took us to third, then had us at second, and got Dundee Utd promoted.

That's a proven track record.

part_time_jambo
40 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Get out! Far too sensible a post.

16 minutes ago, Coco said:

Stendel could not see how bad Pereira and MacLean were so a deserved departure

Plus brought in shite like Langer and Adjvidaj or however its spelled.