Dale Tongue

Jambo in Yorkshire

The Stendel debate is rapidly growing tiresome over these past weeks, and is entirely pointless at this point in time. 

Anyone could surely see, that in the games immediately after Stendel took over, there was significant improvement in terms of our pressing, tempo and desire to be on the ball. Sadly, the lack of confidence throughout the team meant we could've retained the ball for 90 minutes and done **** all with it. Stendel was never going to be the firefighter that we really needed. I knew that before he was even appointed. I personally, said multiple times before he joined, that ideally, he wouldn't come until summer, and we'd give it to someone like Warnock, or of that ilk, until the end of the season.

There was an air of naivety with his appointment from Budge. I think she did it to keep fans happy, as it was clear many of us wanted him in, but it seems as though she truly failed to recognise the requirements that a coach like Stendel would need to do his job, namely time.

Alas, Neilson is in now. I really wish things worked out more for Stendel, and I too am firmly of the belief that he could've taken us to good things in the long run. But the whole shit show of 2020 put that to an end and while the handling of Stendel's departure was tasteless to say the least, you can't fault Budge for bringing in someone with a proven track record of achieving what we need to do.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Whatever

• Riccarton3

• Bongo 1874

• Last Laff

On 21/11/2020 at 17:34, Bongo 1874 said:

Wasting your time, to be fair to Stendel, he never lost to a team as shit as dunfermline a team that's full of rejects and Don Thomas the guy that can't get a game for the mighty killie. 

And we thought Dunfermline was bad. 

On 21/11/2020 at 15:46, Riccarton3 said:

What the **** are you expecting? Do you know what the club is operating on currently? Still had enough to pump a top 4 club out the Cup after 2 weeks competitive play lol, and I think that's decent

Not to lose to the part time mob bottom of the championship and out the league cup.  Too much to ask aye?