• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Whatever

• Riccarton3

• Bongo 1874

• Last Laff

Positive piece on his thoughts about us, incredibly unfortunate that regime never had a real opportunity to make something special happen...

What could have been ☹

16 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Have no doubt him Stendel and stern could've done something special at us. 

Is that the same team that couldn't get a tune out of Hearts at Paisley? What were the thoughts immediately after that game? I liked St endless personality. Where is he now, Bingo?

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

Is that the same team that couldn't get a tune out of Hearts at Paisley? What were the thoughts immediately after that game? I liked St endless personality. Where is he now, Bingo?

Sorry, Stendel

31 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Have no doubt him Stendel and stern could've done something special at us. 

Something resembling ‘decent’ would have done.

Alas, we were served up shite.

2 minutes ago, Locky said:

I'm sure he would've gave this team a fresh lick.

You're sure, Bingo has no doubt. This is Scottish football, guys, level 2

1 minute ago, Whatever said:

At times. No less shite than before on indeed after.  👍

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Yip.

Where is he working, Last? Surely snapped up. I've checked Wiki. Must be wrong. Explain to me what he brought in his time. I remember a goalie, Pereira, where everyone seems to see he had to go. To the extent folks began to think he HAD to play 

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

At times. No less shite than before on indeed after.  👍

The 90 mins in Paisley that meant we were bottom of the league when the season was called early, will live long in the memory for all the wrong reasons. Despite initially wanting Stendel and being supportive of him, that night told me he needed to get to **** away from Heart of Midlothian.

And yes, it was way worse than East Fife last week.

The 90 mins in Paisley that meant we were bottom of the league when the season was called early, will live long in the memory for all the wrong reasons. Despite initially wanting Stendel and being supportive of him, that night told me he needed to get to **** away from Heart of Midlothian.

And yes, it was way worse than East Fife last week.

Worse than last night?  He had a team full of ******s that didn’t want to play for him to begin middle and end and wasn’t afforded the luxury of any sort of clear out.  Of course St Mirren was a disaster but long term I feel he was the answer.  We’ve taken the short term view to sack him and replace with safe and steady. 

3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Where is he working, Last? Surely snapped up. I've checked Wiki. Must be wrong. Explain to me what he brought in his time. I remember a goalie, Pereira, where everyone seems to see he had to go. To the extent folks began to think he HAD to play 

Worth remembering, Pereira wasn't a Stendel signing. He had to choose between Bobby and poppadom hands.

He seen Pereira as the ball playing keeper that suited his system better.

3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Worse than last night?  He had a team full of ******s that didn’t want to play for him to begin middle and end and wasn’t afforded the luxury of any sort of clear out.  Of course St Mirren was a disaster but long term I feel he was the answer.  We’ve taken the short term view to sack him and replace with safe and steady. 

With someone who had achieved our main target twice already

Just now, Tommy Brown said:

Worth remembering, Pereira wasn't a Stendel signing. He had to choose between Bobby and poppadom hands.

His selection after multiple errors has no defence. Quite literally

Just now, Last Laff said:

Much worse than last night.

I wanted him to succeed at HMFC but he got found out big time. It took all of 20 mins for Tommy ****in Wright to do so ffs

Pointless discussion anyway, it’s done. He’s gone. Thankfully.

9 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

With someone who had achieved our main target twice already

Then walked out and was sacked in League 1 down south.  At least we know what we are getting I suppose. 

8 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Much worse than last night.

I wanted him to succeed at HMFC but he got found out big time. It took all of 20 mins for Tommy ****in Wright to do so ffs

Pointless discussion anyway, it’s done. He’s gone. Thankfully.

👍

Just now, Last Laff said:

Then walked out and was sacked in League 1 down south.  At least we know what we are getting I suppose. 

What the **** are you expecting? Do you know what the club is operating on currently? Still had enough to pump a top 4 club out the Cup after 2 weeks competitive play lol, and I think that's decent

2 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Wasting your time, to be fair to Stendel, he never lost to a team as shit as dunfermline a team that's full of rejects and Don Thomas the guy that can't get a game for the mighty killie. 

1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

What the **** are you expecting? Do you know what the club is operating on currently? Still had enough to pump a top 4 club out the Cup after 2 weeks competitive play lol, and I think that's decent

Had plenty of friendlys against far superior opposition like Sheffield United etc 👍

We didn't pump them we narrowly beat them due to hibsed it missing a pen, and beat them during extra time. 

Stendel spanked the monkey 3-1 at the San giro. Over 90 mins. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

11 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Had plenty of friendlys against far superior opposition like Sheffield United etc 👍

Can agree on something

2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Forgetting that a goalkeeper's primary task is to prevent the ball going under the bar and between the posts. A goalkeeper can have all the skills of Pele with a ball at his feet, but if he can't save a football with his hands then he is no good as a goalkeeper.

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Forgetting that a goalkeeper's primary task is to prevent the ball going under the bar and between the posts. A goalkeeper can have all the skills of Pele with a ball at his feet, but if he can't save a football with his hands then he is no good as a goalkeeper.

We both know that.

I think DS didn't rate Bobby either.

I was pointing out that DS had 2 shit keepers and gave what I think his reasoning for playing Pereira.

He eventually gave up on him.

41 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We didn't pump them we narrowly beat them due to hibsed it missing a pen, and beat them during extra time. 

Stendel spanked the monkey 3-1 at the San giro. Over 90 mins. 

You almost sound disappointed we beat Hibs......

Stendel also failed to beat a 10 man Hamilton amongst many other calamities. He was also in charge when we turned in the most insipid derby display seen at Tynecastle since 1999.

Daniel Stendel. The man that took us to the bottom of the league. 

18Jambo_dave74

Games under Stendel:

Played St Johnstone twice - didn’t win either game.

Played Hamilton twice - didn’t win either game.

Played Ross County once - didn’t win the game.

Played St Mirren once - lost the game.

Played Kilmarnock once - lost the game.

Played Hibs twice - lost one / won one.

Stuck with Pereira for far far too long.

Had us playing with our defence on the half way line for far far too long.

The derby that we lost was absolutely appalling. Hibs did absolutely nothing and strolled to a 2-0 win - probably the worst Hearts performance in a derby at Tynecastle I’ve seen. 

Stendel inherited an awful situation and certainly comes across as very likeable. I wanted him to do well but quite simply he did a very poor job. 

12 minutes ago, Whatever said:

You almost sound disappointed we beat Hibs......

Stendel also failed to beat a 10 man Hamilton amongst many other calamities. He was also in charge when we turned in the most insipid derby display seen at Tynecastle since 1999.

Daniel Stendel. The man that took us to the bottom of the league. 

Not disappointed just stating that Stendel managed to beat them over 90 mins, how would i be disappointed we beat hibs are you for real 😂?. 

Robbie's had full backing by budge, so no excuses when we get turned over by shite, Stendel came into a team full of monkeys all signed by, dick dastardly and his assistant Austin macphee, mutley 

3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Pump is just a win in my vocabulary. Far too sensitive. Curiously so, I may add. 

Pumped 2-1 AET. OOT THE CUP 

Wonder who got us to that semi 🤔

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Not disappointed just stating that Stendel managed to beat them over 90 mins, how would i be disappointed we beat hibs are you for real 😂?. 

Robbie's had full backing by budge, so no excuses when we get turned over by shite, Stendel came into a team full of monkeys all signed by, dick dastardly and his assistant Austin macphee, mutley 

We could go round in circles. As I said earlier it’s a pointless discussion. He’s gone. Thankfully.

Where’s he working now btw? Genuinely no idea, presume it’s Germany?

I think we made the correct call to bring in Robbie. We can't afford to fail to win promotion this year. We can't afford to rattle about in the championship for years like Hibs and Dundee Unt. Robbie was a safer bet.

Although I think the same about Robbie as I do about Jack Ross at Hibs. He'll be able to get us up and fighting in the top 6, might even win a cup, but we'll never challenge Celtic or Rangers, never even run them close. Stendel had a chance of that.

If you want to go far safe bets aren't the way, risks are required.

Just now, Whatever said:

We could go round in circles. As I said earlier it’s a pointless discussion. He’s gone. Thankfully.

Where’s he working now btw? Genuinely no idea, presume it’s Germany?

Heard he's waiting for things to go, tits up with Robbie and Ann to realise that Robbie isn't the guy, to take the club to the next level, and Stendel will come to take this club, we're it should be at the top challenging the manky two 👍

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Heard he's waiting for things to go, tits up with Robbie and Ann to realise that Robbie isn't the guy, to take the club to the next level, and Stendel will come to take this club, we're it should be at the top challenging the manky two 👍

That can be translated as 'he's between jobs' 👍

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

You spelt ‘wanting’ wrong I don’t think he’s the only one 👍🏻

So he’s currently unemployed?? Interesting.

Being sacked by the mighty Barnsley and taking Heart of Midlothian to the foot of the Premiership must be high on the list of attributes any future employer will be looking for, so I’m sure it won’t be long before he gets a gig. 👍🏻

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

That can be translated as 'he's between jobs' 👍

But in all seriousness i don't hate Robbie, just feel you have to have a postive mindset to win stuff in Scottish football, and I'm a huge supporter of Stendel, the guy has beat rangers twice a team that looks like it's going to win the league this year at a canter, if celtic don't watch what they are doing. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

But in all seriousness i don't hate Robbie, just feel you have to have a postive mindset to win stuff in Scottish football, and I'm a huge supporter of Stendel, the guy has beat rangers twice a team that looks like it's going to win the league this year at a canter, if celtic don't watch what they are doing. 

He inherited an absolute disgrace, no doubt. More important for the club to learn from catalogue of **** ups. Recruitment being one of the biggest

You spelt ‘wanting’ wrong I don’t think he’s the only one 👍🏻

So he’s currently unemployed?? Interesting.

Being sacked by the mighty Barnsley and taking Heart of Midlothian to the foot of the Premiership must be high on the list of attributes any future employer will be looking for, so I’m sure it won’t be long before he gets a gig. 👍🏻

You forget to mention having half his team sold or left on free, including his number 1 goalkeeper, two central defenders pinnock and Liam lindsay, had players like moncur sold from him by the board potts, and his top goalscorer kieffer Moore. 

To then go to the board and asked to sign experienced players as, it's the English championship Barnsley had been promoted too. 

To then be told you won't be allowed to sign your own players, it will be a decision by the board and transfer committee, and you can give your opinion on it. 

A players must be under 25 that signs, and must present potential for selling on value. 

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You forget to mention having half his team sold or left on free, including his number 1 goalkeeper, two central defenders pinnock and Liam lindsay, had players like moncur sold from him by the board potts, and his top goalscorer kieffer Moore. 

To then go to the board and asked to sign experienced players as, it's the English championship Barnsley had been promoted too. 

To then be told you won't be allowed to sign your own players, it will be a decision by the board and transfer committee, and you can give your opinion on it. 

A players must be under 25 that signs, and must present potential for selling on value. 

Sounds like a lot of excuses tbh.

What are his excuses for taking Heart of Midlothian to the bottom of the Premiership?

Actually, don’t. Levein and McPhee. Gotcha. 👍🏻

Jambo in Yorkshire

I saw almost every home game Barnsley played in their promotion season and Bongo is spot on with his comments about half the team leaving.

Get promoted and sell half the team that isn’t a recipe for success.

Its Dale Tonge but I couldn’t edit it.

18 minutes ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

I saw almost every home game Barnsley played in their promotion season and Bongo is spot on with his comments about half the team leaving.

Get promoted and sell half the team that isn’t a recipe for success.

Its Dale Tonge but I couldn’t edit it.

New boy seems to be doing ok. Presumably he’s working under the same owner/board?

Looks like their decision in sacking Stendel has been vindicated tbqhwy.?

Genuinely no idea on anything Barnsley other than a couple of their fans on here seemed to like the bloke. Maybe they were in that boozer when he rocked up for a pint??

4 hours ago, Whatever said:

Pretty consistent to what we’ve been served up for the last few years

3 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Pretty consistent to what we’ve been served up for the last few years

Only one man took us to the bottom of the Premiership though.

Jambo in Yorkshire

Barnsley sacked the manager who took over from Stendel. The young players they signed have had 18 mths to get used to the Championship so it’s completely different from when Stendel left.

Its not just the few Barnsley fans on here who were very unhappy when he left, it was the whole support.

3 minutes ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

Barnsley sacked the manager who took over from Stendel. The young players they signed have had 18 mths to get used to the Championship so it’s completely different from when Stendel left.

Its not just the few Barnsley fans on here who were very unhappy when he left, it was the whole support.

If only he hadn’t been responsible for taking us to the bottom of the league there might have been a similar outpouring amongst us.

But he was. So there wasn’t.