Last Nights subs bench

lost in space

lost in space

Apart from the goalie - what a terrible bench.

Brandon - thought he would make it in the game but I think we all know he will not, at Hearts. Probably there as Smith might not have lasted after playing on Wednesday.

White - legs have gone.

Berra - legs have gone.

Walker - petulant man-child last night.  Having said that - should start before Naismith now.

Roberts - surely the coaching staff must have realised this guy is not right for Scottish football. I did think that about Clare and at least he was able to adapt to our game. I doubt that Roberts will.

Irving - somebody needs to get a grip of this guy before it is too late and get him to do the basics first (like running!!) before strolling about trying 40 yard passes.

Why was Berra even there?  We had Brandon and White on the bench and they should have come on if injury to either of the CHs - with Smith/Kingsley moving into centre.

If we presume that Haring is not fit (?) - where was McGill, Henderson and Moore.  Moore is the second best winger we have but has not been given a chance this season. Does anyone thing that Frear or Roberts are better?

Henderson is still only 19, I think, and he has much to learn - but at least you get some pace/ energy/ effort from him - more than can be said for Roberts.

The bench should give options but we had no-one on the bench with any pace or energy - truly pathetic. 

A_A wehatethehibs

A lot of definitive conclusions jumped to here, just 4 games into the league season. 

We’ve got a rag tag group of duff stop-gap players, Levein era hangover players, bargain basement covid signings and kids trying their best... but we have shown we can win games so that’s at least improvement on last season when we couldn’t win a raffle. It’s going to be a scrappy season but I think we’ve got enough there to get promoted, then it’s a major major rebuild needed 

Need to see a lot more from a number of players whose performance levels have not been where they need to be 

9 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Apart from the goalie - what a terrible bench.

Brandon - thought he would make it in the game but I think we all know he will not, at Hearts. Probably there as Smith might not have lasted after playing on Wednesday.

White - legs have gone.

Berra - legs have gone.

Walker - petulant man-child last night.  Having said that - should start before Naismith now.

Roberts - surely the coaching staff must have realised this guy is not right for Scottish football. I did think that about Clare and at least he was able to adapt to our game. I doubt that Roberts will.

Irving - somebody needs to get a grip of this guy before it is too late and get him to do the basics first (like running!!) before strolling about trying 40 yard passes.

Why was Berra even there?  We had Brandon and White on the bench and they should have come on if injury to either of the CHs - with Smith/Kingsley moving into centre.

If we presume that Haring is not fit (?) - where was McGill, Henderson and Moore.  Moore is the second best winger we have but has not been given a chance this season. Does anyone thing that Frear or Roberts are better?

Henderson is still only 19, I think, and he has much to learn - but at least you get some pace/ energy/ effort from him - more than can be said for Roberts.

The bench should give options but we had no-one on the bench with any pace or energy - truly pathetic. 

Well said.  It was a game to get stuck in.  Moore and Henderson would have done so. There's certainly a footballer in Irving but at times like last night he thinks he's better than he is.