***Offishul Hearts v Alloa thread - 7pm KO***

upgotheheads

Decent result but we're not that good a side at the moment  tbh . 

Away games are going to be a big problem for us with this squad . Hopefully Robbie can get us up , which I think he will , then start building over the Summer . 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Thomaso

7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

10-0  game being rolled out as a yard stick now... 

I think folk genuinely thought we'd be picking up  scores of 5-10 goals  every week. 

Absolutely clueless doesn't cover it. 

You thought people expected Hearts to win by 5-10 goals EVERY WEEK!

😂😂😂😂

12 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Decent result but we're not that good a side at the moment  tbh . 

Away games are going to be a big problem for us with this squad . Hopefully Robbie can get us up , which I think he will , then start building over the Summer . 

I’ve never played football at any decent level so maybe there is something I don’t understand. Apart from clubs with artificial pitches (which shouldn’t be allowed imo) what difference does it make, without fans, whether we’re home or away?

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I’ve never played football at any decent level so maybe there is something I don’t understand. Apart from clubs with artificial pitches (which shouldn’t be allowed imo) what difference does it make, without fans, whether we’re home or away?

The obvious one is the routine of a home fixture , time , travel surroundings , pitch , changing rooms etc . 

A lot of it is mental imo , be it us away from home or teams visiting us . 

Who knows why but you've only got to look at our games so far in the league this season so far . 

Just now, ramrod said:

The obvious one is the routine of a home fixture , time , travel surroundings , pitch , changing rooms etc . 

A lot of it is mental imo , be it us away from home or teams visiting us . 

Who knows why but you've only got to look at our games so far in the league this season so far . 

Yeah I get it’s different but I always put that down to a home support. The rest seems a bit superficial (for want of a better word) to me but I suppose you must be right. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah I get it’s different but I always put that down to a home support. The rest seems a bit superficial (for want of a better word) to me but I suppose you must be right. 

Time will tell as the season unfolds I suppose . Should be easier without fans away from home you would have thought , but our two away games so far haven't proven that . 

Think our home form will see us through and that is being proven to be decent so far , even without fans in the stadiums. 

7 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Time will tell as the season unfolds I suppose . Should be easier without fans away from home you would have thought , but our two away games so far haven't proven that . 

Think our home form will see us through and that is being proven to be decent so far , even without fans in the stadiums. 

In the championship our away crowds would help tip any home advantage for the other team i reckon. 

Pasquale for King
39 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

So when Robbie left us second in the Premier League what was leading up to that was 'pants' ?...third the season before after promotion from the Championship

Sometimes you just shake your head....then you realise that those idiots and their banner are still hanging around

Did it say it was pants? The term pant wetters is used to denigrate those of who aren’t prepared to put up with poor performances. 
The season we finished 3rd we tailed off badly towards the end of the season for the 2nd time running. 
The season he left us in 2nd having played 2 more games than Aberdeen wasn’t great either and his time was up, his words not mine. 
As for the plane and the banner that was embarrassing. 

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

We don't need it Alloa do, with help from FM we can bury a few yet

Fingers crossed. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Fingers crossed. 

So long as its not the good guys 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sorry I meant to put another emoji there 🙈

Ach who cares. 2020 has now robbed us of the GOAT

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

In the championship our away crowds would help tip any home advantage for the other team i reckon. 

Good point 

The Goalscoring Knee
5 hours ago, jambonian said:

We have lost two league titles on goal difference previously, against Kilmarnock ( ithink) in the 60s and against Dundee at Dens in the 80s. This is why it is vital to score as many as you can.

The truth is even worse. We lost the title to Killie in 64/65 on goal average - pipped by the grand total of 0.04 of a goal - and then on goal difference in 85/86. It was changed from goal average to goal difference in 1971 IIRC. If it had been the other way around we'd have won the title on both occasions.😭

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Me too. I was for the East Fife game. 

I also paid for the East Fife as they were one of the very few good guys. Alloa and the others will get nowt from me

1 minute ago, maroonsgotop said:

I also paid for the East Fife game as they were one of the very few good guys. Alloa and the others will get nowt from me

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Me too, don’t tell anyone as my place as head of the boycott group might be in jeopardy 🤫

Cup games are fair, we get half the money. 

League games, not so much. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

The truth is even worse. We lost the title to Killie in 64/65 on goal average - pipped by the grand total of 0.04 of a goal - and then on goal difference in 85/86. It was changed from goal average to goal difference in 1971 IIRC. If it had been the other way around we'd have won the title on both occasions.😭

We championed the change as well as goal average wasn't fair. 

I think we had 20/30+ gd on kilie, but goal average favoured shut outs.  I could be wrong but I remember doing maths on it, years ago. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 24/11/2020 at 23:58, Francis Albert said:

I hope your last sentence is wrong otherwise we might be in serious trouble. 

Me too. 

Fate has already determined we will win the final.

Francis Albert
9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

We championed the change as well as goal average wasn't fair. 

I think we had 20/30+ gd on kilie, but goal average favoured shut outs.  I could be wrong but I remember doing maths on it, years ago. 

Killie had goals for 62 against 33, we had for 90 against 49. Goal average (goals for divided by goals against) favoured defensive teams. Killie were only the 8th highest scorers that season, we were top scorers.

In retrospect we lost the league in our 7-1 home defeat to Dundee (our only goal was an own goal!). It was my sister's first game. I think it was 32 years before she got to see another one.

It was us who asked for the change to goal difference but it took till 1968/69 to take effect in Scotland. Sods law was that the first time it was used was the 1968 League Cup Sections when we finished level on points with Morton. Morton's GD was 9-6 and ours 6-4. Using goal average we were tied at 1.5 and would have had a playoff.

As mentioned, we would be champions 1965 using GD and in 1986 using GA. Unfortunate is one word to use...

The 1962 World Cup used GA and was very defensive so GD was brought in after that competition for World Cup and Qualifiers.  Scotland, as usual, was behind the times and could have had it in by 1964/65

10 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Cup games are fair, we get half the money. 

League games, not so much. 

Surely for PPV it all goes to the club who is streaming? 

8 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Not in cup competitions. Treated as gate money. 

Apart from the fixture list, according to the Hearts website and Hearts TV we don't seem to have a game on Saturday.

Hearts really need to get a bit more "live" with news, team news etc.  I'd rather read the Hearts website than the Evening Hibby etc.  In particular, there is NO info on the Alloa game, will there be commentary?

Have we furloughed anyone involved in updating info, because it always seems very slow in daily news.

I wouldn't mind paying for the Alloa game if it's a 50/50 split. It's when all the money goes to the teams who did stabbed us in the back that I refuse. 

What was Alloa's stand in that anyway, and do they stream games?

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, karipidis said:

Cup games are the same as it would be with gate money.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Killie had goals for 62 against 33, we had for 90 against 49. Goal average (goals for divided by goals against) favoured defensive teams. Killie were only the 8th highest scorers that season, we were top scorers.

In retrospect we lost the league in our 7-1 home defeat to Dundee (our only goal was an own goal!). It was my sister's first game. I think it was 32 years before she got to see another one.

Brutal ….

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Alloa v Hearts available £12. ppv if it's not been mentioned. OK with me as Hearts get half the money.

I'm out on sat, but imo you are correct, cup games OK to pay for as we get half the money. 

League games, nah. 

Let clubs see a 2/3k difference in viewing figures between cup games and league games and let them think what they could have had! 

2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Alloa v Hearts available £12. ppv if it's not been mentioned. OK with me as Hearts get half the money.

Purchased 😁 

Edited by EH23-Jambo

20 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Apart from the fixture list, according to the Hearts website and Hearts TV we don't seem to have a game on Saturday.

Hearts really need to get a bit more "live" with news, team news etc.  I'd rather read the Hearts website than the Evening Hibby etc.  In particular, there is NO info on the Alloa game, will there be commentary?

Have we furloughed anyone involved in updating info, because it always seems very slow in daily news.

Agreed. Hearts website is stale and rather outdated. Nowadays, if you want to find out what's happening, or relevant Kickback seems to be the place you need to go.

Whoever edits the official Hearts site must have had a job at Pravda at one time. Very little information seems to come out of Tynecastle these days.

I posted a tweet about Saturday, so will mention here as well because I saw some questions related to it.

I've been granted access on Saturday and we've been told there is a line for us to use, so as long as it works then there will be audio commentary on Hearts TV. 

This season there is the option for PPV video coverage, which the home team has first refusal on. Because Alloa have taken up this option we cannot do video ourselves, hence why it'll be audio only - regardless of whether we were able to do video or not. 

The challenges we've faced at away grounds this campaign have largely been because there was some sort of agreement between Championship clubs about away teams not having broadcasters on site. I don't know the details of this, but I know it's been construed in different ways by different clubs - hence why I've not been allowed to even attend a couple of matches this campaign. 

In terms of Saturday, obviously Alloa are doing PPV and some are taking up the option - whereas others have said to me they'll categorically not support that because of what happened earlier this year during the whole SPFL debacle. I understand people feeling that way, I may have done the same if I wasn't involved myself. Hearts do get a share of the PPV revenue (again, I don't know the exact details of that) but some have said they'll just pay into the FoH instead, rather than give Alloa any cash. Not for me to encourage anyone to do one thing or the other though. 

For what it's worth, having chatted briefly to the Alloa media guys pre-match last time they seemed to know their stuff and from what I've heard of their coverage they should provide decent commentary - if anyone does decide to take up the option to watch via their service. 

6 minutes ago, Laurie said:

I posted a tweet about Saturday, so will mention here as well because I saw some questions related to it.

I've been granted access on Saturday and we've been told there is a line for us to use, so as long as it works then there will be audio commentary on Hearts TV. 

This season there is the option for PPV video coverage, which the home team has first refusal on. Because Alloa have taken up this option we cannot do video ourselves, hence why it'll be audio only - regardless of whether we were able to do video or not. 

The challenges we've faced at away grounds this campaign have largely been because there was some sort of agreement between Championship clubs about away teams not having broadcasters on site. I don't know the details of this, but I know it's been construed in different ways by different clubs - hence why I've not been allowed to even attend a couple of matches this campaign. 

In terms of Saturday, obviously Alloa are doing PPV and some are taking up the option - whereas others have said to me they'll categorically not support that because of what happened earlier this year during the whole SPFL debacle. I understand people feeling that way, I may have done the same if I wasn't involved myself. Hearts do get a share of the PPV revenue (again, I don't know the exact details of that) but some have said they'll just pay into the FoH instead, rather than give Alloa any cash. Not for me to encourage anyone to do one thing or the other though. 

For what it's worth, having chatted briefly to the Alloa media guys pre-match last time they seemed to know their stuff and from what I've heard of their coverage they should provide decent commentary - if anyone does decide to take up the option to watch via their service. 

So basically don’t give the f——-s anything.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Laurie said:

Thanks for the update 👍🏽

11 minutes ago, Barack said:

Why not! Admin can just switch the names about, for the OCD afflicted amongst us.

My prediction (going for 3 correct in a row...) is Alloa 1 Hearts 4.

Would you like to do my coupon this weekend, oh great soothsayer? :lol:

24 minutes ago, Barack said:

The Alloa Official Twitter Thread  has decided to play smart arse with the Hearts Official Twitter thread.

You can imagine the scene.

:greggy:

Its superb

If it's emotional blackmail they are after then Hearts fans could just boycott watching the game, and donate the  50% of the PPV Hearts were due to get, to the FOH.

Miss out paying the filthy money grabbing gits altogether, whilst avoiding punishing Hearts.

15 hours ago, EH23-Jambo said:

Purchased 😁 

Me too but although I've received an acknowledgement I wasn't sent an access code or similar for the game. 

• davemclaren locked this topic